[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 379: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 379: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
care-tags.org • View topic - Ask a question, get an answer

Ask a question, get an answer

Clothes

Re: Ask a question, get an answer

Postby Copeland » Mon Oct 17, 2016 10:16 pm

Are black skinny jeans still cool? I would love for them to be uncool cuz they're uncomfortable and I hate wearing them.

There's no such thing as fake Schneider, right? I just got a blazer for super cheap off of Y! and I'm having doubts. I'm guessing it's due to a combination of bigger size and that it's listed as black, but still.

http://page24.auctions.yahoo.co.jp/jp/a ... q130935197

there's also a linen/cotton one that's more expensive for whatever reason, the shop tag has no google results, the phone number leads to a store with a different name.

http://page24.auctions.yahoo.co.jp/jp/a ... q127527252

Copeland

Postby vice » Wed Oct 19, 2016 4:41 pm

Anybody have any insight on Stephan Schneider outerwear sizing?

I'm 5'8", 150 lbs and usually wear size 36 jackets. I thought I'd be size IV for his stuff but reading some other conversations on the internet has caused me to think that I would be better off getting a size III coat.

vice

Postby jujumaster » Mon Oct 24, 2016 5:47 pm

Who got the best knitwear? Not bothered about brand names but just on quality and value, looked at Howlin who got some nice made in Scotland stuff but anyone got other recommendations? Maybe ones with funky stuff like Alpaca, Yak, Cashmere, Mohair and all that...

jujumaster

Postby Copeland » Mon Oct 24, 2016 6:26 pm

So I'm fairly certain I sized right on this Schneider blazer, but it's got these really square shoulders despite being a casual unstructured blazer. I'm assuming it's fine but do the shoulders look off here? I should also adjust the sleeve length right? (my right arm is longer)

Edit: The pointed shoulder is intentional as it makes the body boxy, but sometimes it doesn't work for me. I think he has in mind a narrow/pointed upper body type.

Copeland

Postby YoungCanoeist » Thu Oct 27, 2016 11:00 pm

I'm always on this thread asking you all for help, lol. It's all very appreciated.

I've got another question. I'm looking for mid-rise raw denim below $250. I had APC Petit Standards but eventually really didn't like how low-rise they were, always falling down, and I love how my Patrik Ervell pants fit. What do you suggest? I noticed the Petit New Standard has a higher rise, and I've also taken a look at 3sixteen STX100s (or something) and Imogene + Willie, but it's hard to tell if these are actually mid-rise or just low-rise.

YoungCanoeist

Postby Copeland » Fri Oct 28, 2016 10:20 pm

Is it wrong to size down?

Copeland

Postby Morlin » Mon Oct 31, 2016 3:07 am

best site/service for screenprinting graphic onto a single tee?

I think that it is not. Cowichan, etc., If you prefer a thick knit, how about you? It is cool there is atmosphere!
Morlin

Postby Copeland » Wed Nov 02, 2016 9:21 pm

For wearing with serious business suits, how big/loose should the shirt collar generally be? As in should there be ample space around your neck? Should the collar look firm and upright? Not sure how else to describe what I'm asking. Does this depend on the collar type? Thanks.

Edit: I have a similar shirt to this one and it's very tight around the neck and the collar is very thin, so that when worn with a tie, the collar kinda pulls upwards a bit and it's obvious that the collar's kind of flimsy:

vs.

This, I know it's a different type of collar, but it's bigger overall and I assume thicker, so that it'll look the same no matter how tight the tie is.

Copeland

Postby Copeland » Sat Nov 05, 2016 3:36 pm

Did they run out of paint?

old:

current:

Copeland

Postby wiggly--woo » Sun Nov 06, 2016 5:07 pm

couple of quick questions incoming...

can someone educate me about Weekday quality wise/in general? prices are tempting but never seen/handled any of their stuff irl

and on the flip side, what's the deal with Whistles? always liked the look of their stuff but i think of them as high street so the prices seem pretty ridic

wiggly--woo

Postby maj » Sun Nov 06, 2016 6:43 pm

weekday is a nice shopping experience if u enjoy "nice stores which don't alienate you through elitism and price" and web stores which don't overload u with choice. it's nothing to write home about but like most clothes they wont fall to bits before you get bored of them.

whistles is ok but ur right, it all feels nice but at the prices i start wanting to spend my money somewhere else as it often leaves the "premium highstreet experience" bracket and veers into "contemporary i look like u but i'm better than u core".

maj

Postby bels » Mon Nov 07, 2016 3:10 am

Whistles stuff always impresses me a lot more when I touch it up in store. Going of feel and fabric texture I'd say a lot of it does actually stand up to the price, especially on sale.

If you're still in brum the whistles shopn in bullring has men's

I've heard many disappointing things about weekday but at least it has some forward looking design.

bels
Yung Winona

Postby Vaeltaja » Mon Nov 07, 2016 4:15 pm

https://www.uniqlo.com/us/en/men-relaxe ... and-chinos

Very important concept. Belt loops and elasticized waist.

Who else does this? Seen Ann D do it before.

Wanna redneck? I'll do him an egg. NO SYMPY!
<Reverend> IRC is just multiplayer notepad.
Vaeltaja

Postby jujumaster » Fri Nov 11, 2016 11:35 am

On the left, lilac jumper with the zig-zags, anyone know what that is?

jujumaster

Postby sknss » Fri Nov 11, 2016 12:49 pm

I did a reverse google image search and it said it was Versace
http://www.thefashionisto.com/vman-2016 ... favorites/

sknss
2015 Summer Camp Participant

Postby jujumaster » Fri Nov 11, 2016 1:47 pm

Thanks Inspector, I quite like the look of them Prada shoes as well but havent seen them anywhere else to have a peek at.

jujumaster

Postby earthonator » Sat Nov 12, 2016 12:54 pm

would dyeing a navy blue jacket indigo make it more blue? would it be uniform?

earthonator

Postby alby » Sat Nov 12, 2016 1:36 pm

how do people style the nonnative dweller long hoodie? it seems like it would be nice and comfy but like, it also may look ridiculous. (flashback to when i had the eg long shirt and was very strange to wear)

i'd walk a mile for a camel
alby

Postby maj » Tue Nov 15, 2016 7:27 am

how much will u laugh at me and bela for liking cypress, is it any good?

http://shop.havenshop.ca/products/heavy ... terry-gray

this looks good and no1 makes stuff like this, if they do hmu

maj

Postby bels » Tue Nov 15, 2016 7:39 am

don't listen to him rams, i would never buy knock off clothing. I want to get this

http://www.endclothing.com/gb/nonnative ... 6-046.html

like a good boy who likes japanese brands. I'm just not sure how to size it? Large or medium?

I'll try measuring some of my stuff at home to get an idea but i feel like size 3 with the 23inch p2p is going to give a better fit.

bels
Yung Winona

Postby maj » Tue Nov 15, 2016 8:05 am

when did heckawheel hijack ur acct

maj

Postby Bonobonobo » Wed Nov 16, 2016 5:09 pm

bela I support you buying nonnative but how is anyone not intimately acquainted with the sizes and measurements of your clothing as well as nonnative sizing supposed to help you with this question?

Bonobonobo

Postby BIGBEE » Wed Nov 16, 2016 5:53 pm

BIGBEE

Postby CheerUpBrokeBoy » Wed Nov 16, 2016 8:48 pm

what basic tshirt brands have longer (better) lengths than uniqlo tees?

CheerUpBrokeBoy

Postby ramseames » Wed Nov 16, 2016 8:51 pm

Bela for that to fit you how I imagine you want it to go with a 3

ramseames

Postby yoyobeat » Wed Nov 16, 2016 10:33 pm

yoyobeat

Postby MxmHrpr » Thu Nov 17, 2016 5:39 pm

Convinced there's no quality black warp/black weft stretch denim with a mid rise ~11.25", a bit of room in the thigh & the ability to hold their blackness. Any suggestions before I have to start my own company?

MxmHrpr

Postby bels » Thu Nov 17, 2016 5:51 pm

bels
Yung Winona

Postby Bonobonobo » Thu Nov 17, 2016 11:02 pm

I like these UC x Porter bags but does anyone know if Porter does this bag in one of their normal lines? Not really into paying the Undercover premium if I can help it.

Edit: upon further research the backpack design is Undercover's, the collab is Porter Yoshida making the bag for them.

(non-porter bag)

Bonobonobo

Postby Copeland » Sat Nov 19, 2016 9:54 am

If someone on grailed offers to pay by Venmo, it's almost certainly a scam right? Even though Venmo doesn't offer buyer protection either?

Copeland

PreviousNext

Return to Tags