[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 379: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 379: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
care-tags.org • View topic - Ask a question, get an answer

Ask a question, get an answer

Clothes

Re: Ask a question, get an answer

Postby CheerUpBrokeBoy » Sun Nov 20, 2016 5:25 pm

my wtaps jacket is just regular cotton ripstop but it's also like 11 years old, should i take my chances with machine washing it or should i just get it drycleaned

CheerUpBrokeBoy

Postby Copeland » Thu Nov 24, 2016 8:59 pm

Are you supposed to size down on Craig Green anoraks?

Copeland

Postby bueno » Sat Nov 26, 2016 1:05 pm

Are Saucony trainers basically just like New Balance in terms of sizing construction etc?

bueno

Postby pirxthepilot » Fri Dec 02, 2016 6:42 am

so how does man size on his stoney SP (looking at jackets/overshirts).. seems broadly TTS? (but measurements online vary quite a lot)

pirxthepilot

Postby bels » Fri Dec 02, 2016 8:01 am

broadly size up if you're a broad man. I have a shirt in M that's OK but slim fitting, and I sold my glitch neck because it was too small (in size M). Stoney does reverse vanity sizing.

What you looking at?

bels
Yung Winona

Postby pirxthepilot » Fri Dec 02, 2016 8:59 am

sorry dbl

Last edited by pirxthepilot on Fri Dec 02, 2016 9:04 am, edited 1 time in total.
pirxthepilot

Postby pirxthepilot » Fri Dec 02, 2016 9:03 am

ah thanks, seems i might be more of a large then. thinking of this
although i'd prefer navy/olive.
i bought a nonnative discoverer in nylon and it's nice but perhaps too lightweight

might try the aspesi piu overshirt too.

pirxthepilot

Postby wolflarsen » Sat Dec 03, 2016 10:26 am

I just got a J. Crew chamois shirt via post and my button downs stick out underneath about more than I anticipated. One of those things where size L is an ideal fit but not length, and Medium Tall is sold out/likely too long in the sleeves and tailoring is further delaying my gratification. This is too much right?

Edit: consensus seems to be that the fit is fine the way it is. Preparing to remove the tags...

Images (pardon my roommates' washroom):

wolflarsen

Postby jujumaster » Wed Dec 07, 2016 3:28 pm

jujumaster

Postby Bonobonobo » Fri Dec 09, 2016 3:08 pm

Anyone know what shoes these are? Pop up in a lot of Jan Jan lookbooks. Would be sad if they're custom because the silhouette is perfect imo.

Bonobonobo

Postby earthonator » Sat Dec 10, 2016 1:05 am

I just figured out MUJI has an online store ahahah does anyone know how MUJI pullover hoodies fit? I'm typically between a small and medium (5'9",130lb). What's the difference between the OCBD and the slab OCBD? And how do the OCBD's fit?

earthonator

Postby trasparenti » Sun Dec 11, 2016 2:28 pm

Last edited by trasparenti on Sun Dec 11, 2016 6:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
trasparenti
Japanese Correspondent

Postby bels » Sun Dec 11, 2016 3:40 pm

Similar to these warriors that I got off bobbin too.

bels
Yung Winona

Postby jujumaster » Sun Dec 11, 2016 7:10 pm

I fancy a pair of the Adieu Type W.O but them shits expensive as fuck

jujumaster

Postby pirxthepilot » Sun Dec 18, 2016 9:14 am

should i go down a full size on buttero boots?
(this model, if its relevant: http://www.gossip-net.com/products/deta ... ct_id=9909)

pirxthepilot

Postby Lorcan » Sun Dec 18, 2016 4:48 pm

any breton stripe tee recs?

I have an armor-lux one which is fine, but body/sleeve length is shorter than i'd like (in spite of sizing up to L).

ideally w black rather than navy stripe

Lorcan

Postby Lorcan » Mon Dec 19, 2016 6:01 pm

Thanks!!

will report back in French Workwear thread if I try out a few options.

Lorcan

Postby evilfriends » Tue Dec 20, 2016 12:14 pm

I feel like I've seen a t-shirt somewhere with a graphic that's very similar to the picture above (the circular thing and the general colours, not the deer in the middle) and it's been bugging me lately that I can't seem to remember where. It was possibly on a Undercover or Lad Musician tee. Does that ring a bell for anyone?

evilfriends

Postby Copeland » Fri Dec 23, 2016 9:25 pm

Pleated or non-pleated?

Copeland

Postby posh_somme » Sun Dec 25, 2016 7:50 pm

any brits know anything about Olive? i keep seeing their ads on facebook and the clothes (and photography) look nice but i've no idea about the quality and not seen any mention of them elsewhere. the pricing is in that worrying midrange between affordable and saw-you-coming-overpriced like what COS does sometimes

http://www.oliveclothing.com

posh_somme

Postby bels » Mon Dec 26, 2016 11:05 am

On the one hand it describes itself as a contemporary lifestyle brand and sells kinfolk so it's obviously pretty uncool.

But on the flip it looks pretty affordable, their about us page says it's still privately owned and that they only produce clothes in developed economies, which seems good. At those prices I doubt you'll get any fabrics that really convince anyone that you have a lot of money but that might be OK. The design seems good if you want that kind of thing so what's the harm.
(They also seem to have only one store which is in Cheltenham, which seems quite charming)

I would say wait until there's a sale and buy some stuff, but their sale seems pretty limited. I kind of like that (hate the sales game obviously) but still.

I'd take a punt if you like the look of the item and it was sufficiently hard to get elsewhere. Some of the leg wear looks decent as do a few of the coats.

bels
Yung Winona

Postby Cowboy » Wed Dec 28, 2016 10:26 am

What's the most sure fire way to de-smell a pair of shoes?

White slip on vans if that changes anything.

Cowboy

Postby alby » Thu Dec 29, 2016 6:15 pm

whats gyakusou sizing? if im a us large do I get xxl?

i'd walk a mile for a camel
alby

Postby nope » Thu Jan 05, 2017 8:50 am

1. Does anyone give a shit about raw denim any more?
2. Did people into raw denim really pay loadsa money for other people's heavily worn jeans (I believe "sick fadez" is the technical term)?

If yes to 1 & 2:
3. Is someone on grailed gonna pay me loadsa money for a pair of Visvim Social Sculpture jeans I wore near-constantly for ~18 months and then forgot about in a drawer for 3 years?

nope

Postby costanza » Thu Jan 05, 2017 1:23 pm

H̶o̶w̶ ̶m̶u̶c̶h̶ ̶r̶o̶o̶m̶ ̶i̶s̶ ̶t̶h̶e̶r̶e̶ ̶f̶o̶r̶ ̶s̶e̶l̶f̶ ̶e̶x̶p̶r̶e̶s̶s̶i̶o̶n̶ ̶u̶n̶d̶e̶r̶ ̶m̶a̶s̶s̶ ̶p̶r̶o̶d̶u̶c̶t̶i̶o̶n̶?̶

EDIT: Or under outsourced (outsourced from yourself) production for that matter

Last edited by costanza on Thu Jan 05, 2017 2:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
costanza

Postby costanza » Thu Jan 05, 2017 2:17 pm

costanza

Postby YoungCanoeist » Thu Jan 05, 2017 2:23 pm

I'm going to NYC in March, are there any good thrift shops I should definitely check out?

YoungCanoeist

Postby teck » Thu Jan 05, 2017 3:20 pm

we talkin cheap cheap thrift, high end consignment, or something in between?

teck

Postby YoungCanoeist » Thu Jan 05, 2017 3:26 pm

in the range of cheap to in-between, lol.

YoungCanoeist

Postby teck » Thu Jan 05, 2017 3:51 pm

Worship in Bushwick (more curated)
Urban Jungle in Bushwick (huge place, lots of militaria, fun place).

Honestly look up vintage places in Bushwic, its the "cool" part of Brooklyn.

I'd also check out Beacon's Closet. It's kind of like Buffalo Exchange but you can find solid stuff usually.

My favorite consignment place is Tokio 7. Definitely higher end but just a fun place to find Fashion things.

teck

PreviousNext

Return to Tags