[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 379: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
care-tags.org • View topic - Ask a question, get an answer

Ask a question, get an answer

Clothes

Re: Ask a question, get an answer

Postby deadkitty » Thu Aug 22, 2019 5:20 pm

I should clarify: I brought up cholos because I think it's dumb to argue that such a ubiquitous item of clothing can be linked to any one specific subculture. theyre literally just workwear... this isn't a case of white people appropriating chicanx culture or anything. as far as I can tell, skaters and cholos started wearing dickies around the same time.

my point is that dickies bring to mind (at least for me) 90s aesthetics/trends. their 'revival' (has there even been one? i feel like people never stopped wearing dickies lol) has nothing to do with skate culture. It's a result of cyclical fashion trends, which includes fetishizing youth culture from 20-30 years ago. i feel like everyone i know that wears dickies has never touched a skateboard in their life?

anyway, subcultures don't exist anymore so this is a stupid argument to begin with

deadkitty

Postby Benson » Thu Aug 22, 2019 8:39 pm

Benson

Postby fun_yunchables » Fri Aug 23, 2019 3:04 am

subcultures will always exist lol la neighborhoods are basically distinct subcultures even

pretty sure juggalos in the valley is pretty distinct from anime tiddy enthusiasts. unless juggalos are buying waifu pillows en masse which well shit the simulation really is breaking

e
thats the exception not the rule? nothing states u cant subscribe to several different subcultures at the same time. its when two become so conflated that they r inseparable (eg anime is an instant association to juggaloism) that one could argue the erosion of subculture borders. Hence the word ‘en masse’

Last edited by fun_yunchables on Fri Aug 23, 2019 12:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
coolest lame guy u'll ever meet
fun_yunchables

Postby bels » Fri Aug 23, 2019 3:27 am

Maybe what dreadkitt meant is subcultures don't exist as 'non commercial entities' as in they lack the 'sub' aspect of 'subculture'

So juggalos and anime fans are different demographics, but only inasmuch as the Amazon algorithm tries to serve different product sectors to them.

Or maybe he meant the balkanisation of culture means that different subcultures exist, but balkanised + diffused so much that it would be impossible to point to a space and say "THESE skaters have POPULARISED Dickies!"

bels
Yung Winona

Postby maj » Fri Aug 23, 2019 4:33 am

currently accepting applications for our new Trend Ownership Organisation (TOO)

i only accept subcultures claiming to popularise a piece if the owner specifically released public statements to distance themselves from the consumer or businesses regularly stating a specific item is not allowed on premises, otherwise it is too ubiquitous

if people r willing to provide receipts you'll get your certificate of integrity

items currently with them

Burberry products and dance culture
football casuals and sportswear company products
MLP merch and incels

maj

Postby kickingthefly » Fri Aug 23, 2019 4:44 am

relationally, how have pubs in provincial towns that once banned stoney coped with the hipster/endclothing dad £800 revival? like did they adapt/relent? and if so, when? were they slow to pick up on the new demographic, and went bankrupt missing out on premium artisanal lager consumers?

kickingthefly

Postby maj » Fri Aug 23, 2019 4:51 am

I imagine it's something like:

home counties yuppie goes into pub wearing their stone island jumper they bought online on flannels

pub staff go "not in ere' m8"

home counties man looks sheepish and goes "uuh...uhh...ss...sssssorry" and hastily removes jumper

repeat a few times and landlord finally relents as they realise that these people are posers and gets depressed at the commodification of culture

(not based on first hand experience....promise)

There are still a few holding out where uni students and tech workers haven't quite entered into yet

maj

Postby kickingthefly » Fri Aug 23, 2019 7:13 am

if anyone's in any doubt, this is the 'creative agency' that dreamt up the govt's chicken shop/knife crime campaign (note mention of 'ethnics')
feel this is the kind of pitch that decides what teens r gonna adopt as 'authentic' two years on

https://www.allcitymediasolutions.com/our-story

kickingthefly

Postby fun_yunchables » Fri Aug 23, 2019 1:22 pm

Care tags is its own subculture where u can find an arbitrarily founded cultish appeal of maharashi sno pants and unfinished stairwell zines. Comes complete with self-aware-but-ironically-not-actually-self-aware discourse

fun_yunchables

Postby bels » Sat Aug 24, 2019 11:18 am

Snopants are definitely a thing outside of this forum, despite my cult of personality, I can't take full responsibility. Their return to the limelight was probably precipitated by Maharishi having it's first runway show in 2k15.

bels
Yung Winona

Postby fun_yunchables » Sat Aug 24, 2019 8:20 pm

fun_yunchables

Postby Morlin » Fri Aug 30, 2019 2:11 pm

could anyone recommend a good, cheaper tailor in nyc? just for pants hemming. looking to pay 20 a pair maybe but more if they can do good detail/stitching etc.

I think that it is not. Cowichan, etc., If you prefer a thick knit, how about you? It is cool there is atmosphere!
Morlin

Postby CheerUpBrokeBoy » Sat Sep 14, 2019 9:51 pm

if size small carhartt tees fit me best, it's safe to assume their jackets do too, right?

CheerUpBrokeBoy

Postby mknro » Mon Sep 16, 2019 12:04 pm

a sweater the colour of this cardigan?

mknro

Postby hharrissonn » Tue Sep 17, 2019 8:05 pm

Does anyone know what these Sambas that I found at a second hand place in not my size are? Maybe an old Y-3?
The soles were in really great shape and the bungee cords weren't badly worn other than at the ends. Metal toggle things on the back were super solid feeling. Didn't see any branding on the insoles or tongue that I recognized, so I guess these could have been just a weird limited release Adidas did. Very cool either way, almost want to go back for them.

oh my GOD that's fucking hilarious I though he died off with Asspizza in like 2014 they are dope tho but yeah those kids are terrible

Last edited by hharrissonn on Tue Nov 05, 2019 11:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ig: hharrissonn
tumblr: dyetransfer.tumblr.com
hharrissonn
Look Arena Champion

Postby Bobbin.Threadbare » Wed Sep 25, 2019 5:50 am

These are called 'Anxiety Shoes'. They were designed to keep the wearer on edge - constantly in fear someone close behind would step on the laces dragging behind them and interrupt a step or even cause a trip. I prefer the updated version which was a rain shoe that featured a fabric sole to ensure the bottom of your socks got wet in the presence of any floor moisture.

Bobbin.Threadbare

Postby popcorn » Mon Oct 28, 2019 12:03 am

haven't been tagging enough lately... logged on to ask this:
anyone know when/where/if the black trim sand suede wallabee from the cover of VYBZ KARTEL's song "CLARKS" exists?

hope to god it's not a brits only type deal :( or a $380 type deal

popcorn

Postby alby » Wed Oct 30, 2019 2:24 pm

whos got the best ocbd in the game these days

i'd walk a mile for a camel
alby

Postby odradek » Sat Nov 02, 2019 6:20 pm

anyone know if is legit? prices seem too good to be true and I can't seem to find any real reviews.

odradek

Postby WayneWuss » Mon Nov 11, 2019 1:40 am

What do Birks Arizona Wome's translate to into Men's.

Want to get these
https://www.amazon.com.au/Birkenstock-B ... th=1&psc=1

WayneWuss

Postby WayneWuss » Tue Nov 12, 2019 6:20 am

the women's seem to be narrower from what I can gather but I have no idea if my feet are narrow and I should stick to the same size or go a size up on the women's Arizonas

WayneWuss

Postby INNIT » Sat Nov 16, 2019 1:05 am

when will the world stop ROLLING UP PANTS? not caring about "pant-shoe interface" is the surest way to defeat capitalism

INNIT

Postby griffin » Sat Nov 16, 2019 2:52 pm

caring about ppl rolling up pants does more harm than rolling up pants :-/

griffin

Postby BIGBEE » Sat Nov 16, 2019 7:11 pm

Short pants do photograph better so better for digital age. My instinct is to be bigoted towards short pants but I think it's cool to wear different lengths. I always wear "pooled" pants myself though makes it look like I'm not into clothing which is the secret to being fashionable

BIGBEE

Postby griffin » Sat Nov 16, 2019 8:40 pm

if you want to present as someone who doesn’t care about fashion, DO NOT call wearing your pants normal “pooling” haha

griffin

Postby Julio » Sun Nov 17, 2019 2:25 am

Julio

Postby fun_yunchables » Sun Nov 17, 2019 11:23 am

dont u think its amazing how in 2019 theres a market for every fit of pant

punks can get their short dickies and vintage 505 levis
coder bros can get their sized down tapered skinny fits
elitist fashion nerds can get their pooled pants

this is the future guys

fun_yunchables

Postby INNIT » Sun Nov 17, 2019 2:55 pm

millennials will not go gently into the world of pants that touch shoes

edit: also i feel like there's a middle ground between massive pools and rolling up your pants to show off 11 inches of sock. id say that pants tapered to have no break and sit slightly above the shoe is probably ideal. this works well with stiffer denims and pants made out of weird blended cardboard fabrics

INNIT

Postby BIGBEE » Sun Nov 24, 2019 7:02 pm

Best Cheap blank bucket hat? Want a floppier one than my current.

BIGBEE

Postby Imfake » Fri Nov 29, 2019 8:44 pm

Quality Men's Jewelry Brands? How do you even determine the quality of jewelry? Looking for all types of rings, necklaces, and bracelets.

Imfake

PreviousNext

Return to Tags