[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 379: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
care-tags.org • View topic - Ask a question, get an answer

Ask a question, get an answer

Clothes

Re: Ask a question, get an answer

Postby Prae » Mon Sep 15, 2014 3:20 pm

Those of you who browse rakuten/ebay/yahoo.jp. What is your battle-plan? Do you know specific items you want or do you just browse brands until something worthwhile comes up?

If you know the specific pieces, how do you then do it? Do you classify everything you want each season and then start searching for it?

Alright, a million questions, but I would love to be better at buying 2nd hand online since thrift-shops around here suck.

Prae

Postby nick » Mon Sep 15, 2014 3:23 pm

It's not an easy ordeal - I think it's too difficult to find specific stuff when all you've got is a search bar.

I just search up brands I like and traverse through the pages and pages, clicking on thumbnails of something that might be cool and seeing if the size matches mine. If by some chance it does (If you're a US M or up, good luck!), I bookmark it.

nick
Eminent Eminem

Postby une_impasse » Wed Sep 17, 2014 10:38 pm

what is selvedge denim?
is japanese selvedge demin notable?
if there's a pair in my size in the 50-75 dollars range should i go for it?

i realise i could google but i trust you all more.

une_impasse

Postby rjbman » Wed Sep 17, 2014 10:59 pm

Selvedge denim refers to how the denim is produced on the factory. The edges are finished with a special weave (which is usually, but not always, shown on the outseams; that's the double strips you'll see).

Japanese selvedge is made in Japan. Nothing of note beyond that it's a first world country... there are some great Japanese denim factories I'm sure, but you're probably not getting that at the 50-75 dollar range.

Here's a pair that are selvedge, but only have the selvedge seam on half of the outseam. The other half is just sewn up like other non-selvedge jeans (that doesn't mean the denim isn't selvedge though).

"Let's be vagabonds." - Yohji Yamamoto
rjbman

Postby sknss » Thu Sep 18, 2014 5:04 am

Never seen that before, where are these from?

sknss
2015 Summer Camp Participant

Postby BIGBEE » Thu Sep 18, 2014 11:27 am

Does anyone happen to have a gen 1 ECWCS in small regular? I've been hunting for accurate measurements to see if I should size up. My experience with milsurp tells me that I probably should stay true for what I'm going for.

BIGBEE

Postby maj » Thu Sep 18, 2014 11:31 am

i had the small long and it fit like this and i wear a s/m in uniqlo. great jacket but gets bare sweaty.

i am over 6' yeah

maj

Postby ramseames » Thu Sep 18, 2014 11:38 am

did you sell that to buy more mr burns?

ramseames

Postby maj » Thu Sep 18, 2014 12:08 pm

gave it away 4 free, same with the tee

maj

Postby JewTurk » Fri Sep 19, 2014 1:42 am

Where would be some good places to look at to create a french wardrobe? Not as in a small amount of different items that can be worn in a multitude of combinations, but as in actually emulating a french style, breton stripes etc.

JewTurk

Postby sknss » Fri Sep 19, 2014 5:04 am

when people talk about french style it seems like theyre picturing nouvelle vague films so just watch à bout de souffle, pierrot le fou, les 400 coups etc
so you could wear a st james blue or stripy jumper, apc jeans, paraboots shoes... lacoste polo shirts and petit bateau tshirts?

i can't think of any other french brands what has become of our textile industry

sknss
2015 Summer Camp Participant

Postby bels » Fri Sep 19, 2014 6:50 am

Get on dat french workwear thing. Hang on opinel from your belt.

http://spitalfieldslife.com/2011/08/12/ ... ollection/

http://www.arpenteur.tv/

http://www.bleudepaname.com/

Tres bon.

bels
Yung Winona

Postby vgtbls » Fri Sep 19, 2014 12:12 pm

Lanvin is french, right?

vgtbls

Postby JewTurk » Fri Sep 19, 2014 6:33 pm

One of those st. james shirts looks great.

Anyone have experience with sizing? Is reefer chest measurement?

Thanks for all the info guys!

JewTurk

Postby popcorn » Fri Sep 19, 2014 7:01 pm

I think Maison Kitsune captures my idealist view of a french 20-something. I love their lookbooks. As an alteration, his favorite artist is Lemaitre, and he's not into fashion because it comes naturally, he just visits stores. Rich and sheltered though he may be, he's a pleasure to be around and tries not to speak till spoken to.

I hadn't any idea Paraboot was a french brand. That would explain them being in Maison Kitsune lookbooks. I saw their shoes in Unionmade and was confusingly impressed. Now I really like the niche they fit.

popcorn

Postby BIGBEE » Fri Sep 19, 2014 7:16 pm

what is the function of a heel tap?

BIGBEE

Postby alby » Sat Sep 20, 2014 1:05 pm

what's the conversion of japanese sizes to US sizes? specifically undercover and nonnative?

i'd walk a mile for a camel
alby

Postby bobo77 » Mon Sep 22, 2014 4:38 pm

Does anyone know the quality on these: ?

bobo77

Postby nick » Mon Sep 22, 2014 4:53 pm

dr martens aren't going to fall apart on you any time soon. that being said, make sure you get comfortable sizing

nick
Eminent Eminem

Postby BIGBEE » Mon Sep 22, 2014 10:07 pm

Are there any other brands that are heavily military influenced like WTAPS circa 2000-6?

BIGBEE

Postby HS_ » Tue Sep 23, 2014 11:06 pm

Anyone ever seen Common Projects with the serial number stamped on tongue, facing inward? I bought BBall Hi Patents. The soles are correct, all the stitching is correct, the design is correct, the insoles are correct but have the correct stamping just moved slightly more inward. The side of the heel has the serial number stamped into the leather but is not filled in. They feel perfectly authentic, I suppose they could be very early. They are off white.

HS_

Postby donut_milk » Wed Sep 24, 2014 7:30 pm

What are some brands with similar aesthetic as Marimekko? I like their prints but am having trouble finding similar brands.

donut_milk

Postby pips » Thu Sep 25, 2014 3:47 am

Minä Perhonen

Image Image
Image Image

Sounds Finnish but they're actually Japanese.

pips

Postby raags » Thu Sep 25, 2014 7:38 am

Summer footwear rec to match my mostly black wardrobe? Something sandal-y would b cool

raags
Best Dressed

Postby handworked » Thu Sep 25, 2014 9:42 am

is there going to be a gyakusou collection this f/w?

handworked

Postby station » Thu Sep 25, 2014 1:54 pm

how do fast fashion companies figure out what is currently on trend or what will be on trend in a month?

station

Postby donut_milk » Thu Sep 25, 2014 2:01 pm

I know a few people who used to work at F21 HQ. It's the same as any other fashion brand: or "vertical integration." They have their own department with Product Developers who do research and so forth. I'm sure they also watch the runway shows closely as well.

donut_milk

Postby INNIT » Thu Sep 25, 2014 3:14 pm

when is haven gonna drop taps fw14 (or any US/CAN retailer for that matter???)

i cant look at this lookbook forever

INNIT

Postby Vaeltaja » Thu Sep 25, 2014 3:37 pm

Anyone know how to size for Converse x Number (N)ine? I'm an 8.5 and I assume I'd size down to an 8 or something, but not quite sure.

Wanna redneck? I'll do him an egg. NO SYMPY!
<Reverend> IRC is just multiplayer notepad.
Vaeltaja

Postby yoyobeat » Thu Sep 25, 2014 6:00 pm

Would any of you guys be interested in getting paid small amounts to critique peoples' fits / offer styling advice?

I have an idea.

yoyobeat

PreviousNext

Return to Tags