[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 379: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
care-tags.org • View topic - Ask a question, get an answer

Ask a question, get an answer

Clothes

Re: Ask a question, get an answer

Postby camping jazz » Mon Oct 06, 2014 4:30 pm

camping jazz

Postby CheerUpBrokeBoy » Mon Oct 06, 2014 4:58 pm

i sized correctly on the bomber, the shoulders/all the lengths are perfect but it just looks too slim

seriously a bummer, i was totally going to buy a KKA mod coat, now i'm second-guessing that

CheerUpBrokeBoy

Postby omgimacarrot » Wed Oct 08, 2014 12:09 pm

Upgrading/outgrew my unbranded 201s. Any recs on similar fit sub $200 outside of Naked and Famous?

omgimacarrot

Postby tomsfood » Thu Oct 09, 2014 12:23 am

Why do some Raf pieces say the season on them and others don't?

tomsfood
Look Arena Champion

Postby raul_quintero » Thu Oct 09, 2014 12:30 am

Mac DeMarco and young adults now wearing vintage five panels/baseball hats, anyone else notice this trend?

raul_quintero

Postby ramseames » Thu Oct 09, 2014 1:52 am

did anyone else get a pm about this lol ^

ramseames

Postby Morlin » Fri Oct 10, 2014 12:41 am

What are some shirting brands (vintage or otherwise) that use unique fabrics/patterns similar to gitman bros. vintage? e.g.

(not full print necessarily, just any brand that consistently produces interesting patterns or prints)
right now I can only think of columbia, tommy hilfiger, woolrich, kennington, paul smith

I think that it is not. Cowichan, etc., If you prefer a thick knit, how about you? It is cool there is atmosphere!
Morlin

Postby Vaeltaja » Fri Oct 10, 2014 1:59 am

Looking for slim white button down/up shirts... I was recommended twill because of the fairly thick fabric and the fact it still looks nice... so:

sub $100 (or /just/ above, especially if there are sales/deals)

Twill or otherewise thick fabric (not oxford)

Good to tuck in (very long) or good to wear untucked, but not both

Any advice regarding this on the 2nd hand market is great too...

Sadly Kamakura seems to have twill, but not in the Tokyo slim fit (which would probably fit me best).

Wanna redneck? I'll do him an egg. NO SYMPY!
<Reverend> IRC is just multiplayer notepad.
Vaeltaja

Postby bels » Fri Oct 10, 2014 12:08 pm

Does East Dane do sales / have discount codes &tc?

I notice that Veilance IS patrol is about #400 cheaper from there than it is in the UK. Knock another 25% of and that's half price.

bels
Yung Winona

Postby bels » Fri Oct 10, 2014 12:12 pm

bels
Yung Winona

Postby nick » Fri Oct 10, 2014 1:34 pm

nick
Eminent Eminem

Postby sensodyne » Fri Oct 10, 2014 3:08 pm

What are good US to Canada proxies?

sensodyne

Postby RycePooding » Fri Oct 10, 2014 3:09 pm

Use a friend (smiling)

is that ur bellybutton? I call mine a wolf bagel

RycePooding

Postby Ques » Fri Oct 10, 2014 5:47 pm

i've been procrastinating getting a bike for around a year now (i'm pathetic, yes), and since i'm on break and it's nice out today i popped into the local bike-store

they had some jamis coda-sport 2014 things that looked very nice, for around $500. wondering if they're as good as the employees made them out to be?

looking to be able to ride 10-30 miles casually a few times a week, and possibly commute. i live in portland, so the brakes need to be good in rain. from what i've read on the internet thus-far the bike seems to be a good match for me, but i'm wondering if any c-t cyclists have some knowledge to drop on me before i drop cash that i can't get back?

Ques

Postby RycePooding » Sat Oct 11, 2014 2:19 pm

Jamis' are really solid, non flashy bikes. Really well priced, well made, will get you around. Most brakes on new non-walmart brakes are going to be good enough, if you wanna get real into it though get something with disc brakes (by no means necessary.)

My favorite route is craigslisting some solid old steel frame road bike. Much cheaper and have a lot of character, but hard to go wrong with Jamis.

RycePooding

Postby Eggzaktly » Sat Oct 11, 2014 2:28 pm

What is some good starter denim? I've been buying JC Penny Levi's for years now and want to put a little more into my jeans. I'm 5'11" and 150 Lbs With a hip measurement of 85 cm and waist of 75 cm with an inseam of 76. I'm looking for a basic runway look if that makes sense? Like raf simon's 2015 collection type of fit. Any help would be much appreciated.

Eggzaktly

Postby RycePooding » Sat Oct 11, 2014 2:32 pm

acne or APC

RycePooding

Postby Muzzle » Sun Oct 12, 2014 2:33 am

any cool tan or black belts that don't give the belt bulge?

Muzzle

Postby bels » Sun Oct 12, 2014 3:08 am

Going to need more intel on "belt bulge"

bels
Yung Winona

Postby bels » Sun Oct 12, 2014 5:38 am

What's the best YouTube to gifapp?

bels
Yung Winona

Postby breakadawn » Sun Oct 12, 2014 11:15 am

Guys I'm helping set up a fashion society at my university in London with 4 or 5 girls and although I've already come up with a few ideas such as attending exhibitions, going to places like Liberty or Selfridges and of course, London Fashion Week, but I feel like I'm not thinking hard enough. What would you have wanted to gain from joining a fashion society in university?

breakadawn

Postby harmsalmon » Sun Oct 12, 2014 1:33 pm

thoughts on the ethics of using luxire or the like to replicate a specific piece bc it doesn't come in your size/a color you want/is really hard to find?

harmsalmon

Postby Eggzaktly » Sun Oct 12, 2014 6:22 pm

I hate to be that guy that does this, but I'm so lost. I want to do a sort of british teenager type of cut (If that makes any sense.) Like a stereotypical runway haircut, but I feel like my nose is too bulbous to do that. Can someone recommend me direction when it comes to my hair? Image

Eggzaktly

Postby Muzzle » Sun Oct 12, 2014 7:57 pm

this bulge courtesy of orion leather company

Muzzle

Postby bels » Mon Oct 13, 2014 6:58 am

I guess you just need a belt that isn't so stiff. Maybe it'll go away with use.

Alt: Don't wear a belt

bels
Yung Winona

Postby smiles » Mon Oct 13, 2014 9:21 am

草地跑過的腳印
smiles

Postby sparkyoriental » Mon Oct 13, 2014 12:22 pm

Any recommendations for a women's wallet <150?

sparkyoriental

Postby Stingray Sam » Mon Oct 13, 2014 12:32 pm

A while ago you were linking me to a website that sold really cool unique fabrics what was it?

Stingray Sam

Postby donut_milk » Mon Oct 13, 2014 7:43 pm

I think you mentioned in a rep to me a while ago about Japanese brands being nice for petites. Can you recommend some, please? Big ups if they do US shipping too.

donut_milk

Postby exprof » Mon Oct 13, 2014 8:11 pm

here is a list of japanese webstores/brands that I like... most webstores don't ship directly so you'll need to use a proxy, but tbh lots of older seasons available for SUPER CHEAP on rakuten, and they usually ship directly to ya. useful to use google chrome bc of built-in translate function

brands:

beams (all lines, tho beams boy is my favourite...)
beauty + youth (by united arrows)
cosmic wonder
eva evam
grandma mama daughter
green label (by united arrows)
journal standard
kapital
nano universe
or slow

exprof

PreviousNext

Return to Tags