[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 379: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
care-tags.org • View topic - Ask a question, get an answer

Ask a question, get an answer

Clothes

Re: Ask a question, get an answer

Postby exprof » Thu Dec 19, 2013 6:52 pm

anyone know womenswear brands that kinda do the ? so jealous of all the nonnative/neighbourhood/white mountaineering mens stuff

exprof

Postby ramseames » Thu Dec 19, 2013 6:54 pm

WM is doing womenswear for ss14

ramseames

Postby hot coffee » Sat Dec 21, 2013 4:01 am

Anyone have experience with Muji?

How do they cut their products? Slim? Classic?

hot coffee

Postby bels » Sat Dec 21, 2013 11:00 am

Muji rules.

Not slim fit generally

bels
Yung Winona

Postby aucontrairearto » Sat Dec 21, 2013 3:28 pm

What's the ideal length for a wool macintosh if I want to wear it in a modern/casual way? I found my father's which reaches 1.5" above my knee.

I should note that I'm short, if that matters.

aucontrairearto

Postby ramseames » Sat Dec 21, 2013 4:07 pm

Post pics, way easier to judge that way

ramseames

Postby Stingray Sam » Sun Dec 22, 2013 12:50 am

if you like the lad musician look, but don't have a ton of money what are some brands and b/s/t forums i should check out and sales since the sales season is coming up

Stingray Sam

Postby Vaeltaja » Sun Dec 22, 2013 4:20 am

Wanna redneck? I'll do him an egg. NO SYMPY!
<Reverend> IRC is just multiplayer notepad.
Vaeltaja

Postby deadkitty » Sun Dec 22, 2013 6:30 am

there's heap of cheap lad on rak and yjp

deadkitty

Postby bels » Sun Dec 22, 2013 11:15 am

Cheap as in cash. The time requirement seems overwhelming

bels
Yung Winona

Postby anonomous » Sun Dec 22, 2013 8:59 pm

What is 'sportswear'? I see it coming up a lot on fashion forums.

anonomous

Postby aucontrairearto » Sun Dec 22, 2013 9:28 pm

Sportswear, as far as I can see, has two meanings. Often, it's synonymous with casualwear, so anything less formal than a suit. You'll ntice low-end retailers like h&m tend to use the word to refer to exercise attire.

I think you could trace back the history of the word to when people started dressing casually for sporting matches.

aucontrairearto

Postby deadkitty » Sun Dec 22, 2013 9:39 pm

I don't think sportswear is synonymous with casualwear at all. Often you'll see things like sweatshirts, varsity jackets, trainers, t-shirts, etc. referred to as "sportswear" because they were and are used for sports/exercise. Some stuff like varsity jackets were/are more for off-field stuff though. Lots of brands are doing interesting stuff inspired by vintage sportswear at the moment. Zach is a really good person to ask about this

deadkitty

Postby can- » Sun Dec 22, 2013 10:29 pm

nah aucontrairearto has it right. "sportswear" in the classic sense refers to polo shirts, button downs, blazers, chinos, derbies. this is what's going on when my dad calls my OCBD "sporty," and this is why a blazer is also referred to as a "sports coat." it's stuff to go to the races in. whenever someone refers to "classic" or "american" sportswear they are talking about this stuff. brands like jcrew, ralph lauren and engineered garments all trade mostly in various forms of sportswear. J Press also has a strong tradition in this stuff, although they also make a lot of stuff for the office.

can-

Postby rudy » Mon Dec 23, 2013 4:32 pm

rudy

Postby Syeknom » Mon Dec 23, 2013 4:42 pm

Syeknom

Postby balloons » Mon Dec 23, 2013 5:27 pm

not sure if this is the right place to post this but I need some help

so I ordered some jeans from mr. porter a week or two ago (Levi's Vintage 606s, sz 30). not gonna bother resizing seven images to imbed here but they're in this album ---> http://imgur.com/a/EpxSS

the first six are just fit pics but the seventh shows how much room there is in the waist initially. that combined with stretching makes me concerned they'll be too big after a few weeks.

ssense has them in a size down if those don't fit in the thighs or whatever, then returning to them will suck (because they're in canada). these ones I have right now fit perfectly everywhere except the waist.

what should I do?
A) keep the jeans and get them taken in at the waist
B) keep the jeans and wear a belt
C) keep the jeans and no need for a belt because LVC denim doesn't stretch much
D) try ssense
E) give up
F) other?

grailed --

instagram --
balloons

Postby ramseames » Mon Dec 23, 2013 5:30 pm

A) but not for a few weeks so that they'll be done stretching.

also your shoelace is untied

ramseames

Postby omgimacarrot » Tue Dec 24, 2013 1:03 am

Agreeing with ram. There is no way in hell your balls will fit in a size lower. The fit is almost perfect in my eyes (take that for whatever its worth). If you wear a belt the stretching should be minimal.

omgimacarrot

Postby thug » Wed Dec 25, 2013 10:52 pm

How does shipping to canada from the U.S. work?

thug

Postby starfox64 » Wed Dec 25, 2013 11:02 pm

can you be a little more clear or are you just asking like how a package arrives in the united states from canada?

"Authorities say the phony Pope can be recognized by his high-top sneakers and incredibly foul mouth."
starfox64

Postby thug » Wed Dec 25, 2013 11:11 pm

Yeah sure. Someone is interested in buying my jeans but he lives in Canada. Is it fairly easy/cheap to ship a small package to Canada from the U.S?

thug

Postby starfox64 » Wed Dec 25, 2013 11:37 pm

well it is going to be quite a bit more expensive. probably around $30 but you can check here for more precise details:

also in general canadian customs seems to be more fastidious about customs fees than their american counterparts, so it would be more helpful for you to declare the value lower, if you choose to.

"Authorities say the phony Pope can be recognized by his high-top sneakers and incredibly foul mouth."
starfox64

Postby === » Thu Dec 26, 2013 5:14 am

What Cheap Monday fit is closest to Levi's 510s? They have a going on with decent prices but I'm not sure whether to get Narrow or Tight/Four.

B)
===

Postby can- » Thu Jan 02, 2014 1:21 am

where to buy longer nato straps?

who makes a double breasted chesterfield in a green melton or tweed? (not olive)

can-

Postby jrisk » Fri Jan 03, 2014 3:00 am

The rubber part of the sole on my timbs is separating from the rest the sole. it's only in the middle, I'm guessing from where it flexes the most. What should I use to reattach it? Shoe goo?

jrisk

Postby quad » Fri Jan 03, 2014 3:42 am

is anybody doing the junya aesthetic but ya know, cheaper?

quad

Postby starfox64 » Fri Jan 03, 2014 4:01 am

Junya is just like Americana heritage stuff, with little details that make it special (tartan elbow patches, etc). Do you mean the patchwork stuff like f/w13 or what?

I don't think anyone is really copying his aesthetic, although visvim does some similar stuff (that's not any cheaper though). A lot of the stuff seems like you could just DIY if you really wanted to. eccentrica made a shirt that was in the same style as Junya last year, iirc.

starfox64

Postby Runningshoes » Fri Jan 03, 2014 4:05 am

How do u embed imps into posts lol

Runningshoes

Postby starfox64 » Fri Jan 03, 2014 4:11 am

all tags need to be closed by using a backslash.

so images are [img]url[/img], links are [url]url[/url], etc.

starfox64

PreviousNext

Return to Tags