[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 379: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 379: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
care-tags.org • View topic - Ask a question, get an answer

Ask a question, get an answer

Clothes

Re: Ask a question, get an answer

Postby soko » Tue Nov 04, 2014 5:54 pm

I'm looking for overcoats with raglan sleeves for a bit more of a slouchy, less structured look. Anyone know any good ones around 500 dollars w/ an upper limit of 600?

soko

Postby Vaeltaja » Wed Nov 05, 2014 3:48 am

How do i determine the quality of shearling? I'm thinking of buying a seat pad for my chair but I'm not sure how to really tell if the material is actually good or low quality.

Wanna redneck? I'll do him an egg. NO SYMPY!
<Reverend> IRC is just multiplayer notepad.
Vaeltaja

Postby raags » Wed Nov 05, 2014 10:03 am

raags
Best Dressed

Postby BIGBEE » Wed Nov 05, 2014 5:36 pm

what are you up to young man....

BIGBEE

Postby bels » Fri Nov 07, 2014 3:13 pm

I think the Japanese just buy more clothes than the rest of the world.

bels
Yung Winona

Postby WHAT_A_BEAUTIFUL_DUWANG » Fri Nov 07, 2014 7:28 pm

can anyone comment on the quality/comfort/longevity of doek shoes?

WHAT_A_BEAUTIFUL_DUWANG

Postby UnwashedMolasses » Sat Nov 08, 2014 2:08 am

Those of you that know tailoring (looking at you and ):

1. Would it be crazy to buy a suit off eBay?

2. What should I be looking for in a suit fit? Specifically, I'm looking for high rise pants, and I'm correcting for a long torso and wide shoulders / large traps. Are there any terms I should look for? Or should I just go to Suitsupply and call it a day?

UnwashedMolasses

Postby bels » Sat Nov 08, 2014 4:33 am

I would just go to suit supply frankly. It'll be so much less of a ball ache.

bels
Yung Winona

Postby DeafIdiotGod » Sat Nov 08, 2014 7:03 pm

2 questions

1. Tried on this raw silk shirt from OL and the feel and drape of the fabric was gorgeous but £120 is a bit much. Does anyone else make shirting with a similar material? just so I know my options. Also how much of a hassle is raw silk as far as cleaning goes?

2. I need some new basic black skinnies because my current ones have no stretch and my legs are gradually becoming too big for them. Ace cash are nice and all but £££. Uniqlo seemed like a good option but idk about that 27% polyester, am I just being needlessly fussy? What other decent basic black skinnies with stretch are there? This is a extremely basic question but I got my pair from TK Maxx ages back so I never had to look this item up.

DeafIdiotGod

Postby maj » Sat Nov 08, 2014 7:11 pm

you can litterally mount a horse in uniqlo jeans, if you can deal without that "denim feel" and just want the look they're amzing. will never go back to regular black denim.

cowboys dont wear skinnys u cheeky boy

maj

Postby edward » Mon Nov 10, 2014 2:42 pm

Shot in the dark, but does anyone happen to have/know of a super secret très-bien coupon code? I know they used to do a 10% off for signing up for the email blast type deal, but I can't seem to find anything about that now.

Thans (smiling)

I know everything about film. I've seen over 240 of them.
edward

Postby jrisk » Mon Nov 10, 2014 3:44 pm

Does ts(s) stand for anything specific? I know the designer's name is Takuji Suzuki... Is that where the name comes from? What's the extra S stand for?

jrisk

Postby odradek » Mon Nov 10, 2014 3:52 pm

the brand used to be called TS, just initials, then he rebranded in 2009 to ts(s) for mystery reasons, but i guess that's why the extra s is in parentheses.

odradek

Postby seth83292 » Mon Nov 10, 2014 4:09 pm

is ~$450 in no mans land for a nice tech-y shell? It's not enough for veilance or ACR, and I'm looking at that isaora 3l v.5 but have been reading some conflicting stuff about isaora's quality.

anyone have suggestions? Shipping to EU, and for someone who'd likely be XS or S in most things.

seth83292

Postby seth83292 » Mon Nov 10, 2014 4:29 pm

the parsec is really cool, but I kinda wanted something around waist level. I've got a few longer coats already. What do you think of that Isaora?

seth83292

Postby DeafIdiotGod » Mon Nov 10, 2014 4:43 pm

I'm after some woolly trews but I have a particular fabric preference that I can't seem to find anywhere. There were a pair from Folk that I saw on a sale rack at Oi Polloi some time last summer that were made from a sort of salt and pepper fabric like this:

but where the white bits are it was more of an ecru colour. Unfortunately I didn't buy them and I've been keeping an eye out for a similar pair ever since. If anyone knows where to find a pair of fairly slim fitting wool (don't mind if it's not 100%) trousers of a fabric like the one I described? I'm not looking to spend more than around £120 although I could look at higher priced items if they could potentially go on sale.

DeafIdiotGod

Postby ramseames » Mon Nov 10, 2014 4:53 pm

Leaf stuff is a bit out of your price range but less than veilance and worth looking at.

isaora not bad looking but everything i've heard says stay away.

TNF put ugly zips on the proshell free thinker this season but you might be able to find a black point five somewhere still. just got an aether shell she's really happy with, could check them out.

ramseames

Postby Ques » Mon Nov 10, 2014 5:54 pm

how does one size on sambas

Ques

Postby schiaparelli » Mon Nov 10, 2014 7:54 pm

the zipper on my shoes is getting fucked up. half of the teeth are separating from the leather they're stitched to. is this a fixable thing (like, just stitching that part of the zipper back?) or should i go on the hunt for a new pair?

schiaparelli

Postby JewTurk » Mon Nov 10, 2014 8:48 pm

MIE = Vintage docs on the US site right?

MIE vs Originals worth the $75?

Size true to size right? I'm a US 8 which is a UK 7 so I'ma order those I figure.

e:

SO

I'm US 8 -> UK 7 original -> UK 6 MIE

Yeah? Thank you all for being my training wheels basically.

JewTurk

Postby schiaparelli » Tue Nov 11, 2014 4:42 pm

schiaparelli

Postby Iliam » Tue Nov 11, 2014 4:55 pm

the confusion might come from Rei referring to those distinctive, early fabrics with 'holes' in them as "a kind of lace".
e.g.

Iliam

Postby Muzzle » Wed Nov 12, 2014 4:26 am

Where does one find a nice white sneaker in the sort of niche that CP Achilles inhabit for under $200?

Muzzle

Postby Vaeltaja » Wed Nov 12, 2014 10:54 pm

Who was the guy on IRC who wanted the Undercover x W)Taps BDUs? The conversation was a week ago (nearly exactly).

Vaeltaja

Postby JewTurk » Thu Nov 13, 2014 1:39 am

What would you wear based around a suede bill 5 panel? I just got one at a thrift store and I don't know how to base a fit around it, seems out of place in my current wardrobe but I need something to contain my hair. Kind of feel like I can only wear it with slouchy/lazy/comfy stuff

Should I just go for the kind of 'thrift store'/mac defarco schtick? I don't want to wear hats and beanies for the next 2-3 months but it seems like my only option at this point bar shaving it all off.

JewTurk

Postby === » Thu Nov 13, 2014 4:02 pm

How do Visvim tees fit? I ordered one off Rakuten recently in a size M, I'm usually an S so I was hoping they'd run one size up like most Japanese brands but my Googling has returned mixed results with a 50/50 split of people saying they're TTS or one size up.

B)
===

Postby Vaeltaja » Thu Nov 13, 2014 4:30 pm

How much would I mess up a closure-less piece of outerwear by adding some form of closure, either in the form of a button or via a hook-and-eye closure? I assume the latter would look better in general than the former, but I'm not sure if it would mess things up in general? Assume the piece of outerwear does overlap already.

Vaeltaja

Postby hig » Thu Nov 13, 2014 5:42 pm

how does one order from diverse-web/do they ship to the US?

hig

Postby smiles » Thu Nov 13, 2014 6:26 pm

I ordered directly from them. Just send them an email saying what you want to buy and how you want to pay. They marked my package down too.

草地跑過的腳印
smiles

Postby yubbermax » Fri Nov 14, 2014 6:56 pm

How long does it usually take for Rakuten shops to send you the shipping cost + invoice?

yubbermax

PreviousNext

Return to Tags