[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 379: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 379: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
care-tags.org • View topic - we love the smell of napalm in the morning

we love the smell of napalm in the morning

Clothes

Re: we love the smell of napalm in the morning

Postby BIGBEE » Mon Dec 01, 2014 5:45 am

interesting how soldiers modified the bdu jacket by taking off the bottom pockets, adding velcro, slanting the pockets. Hell some people even rigged a sort of mandarin collar by adding velcro to the collar tips.

Then these features were added to the modern army combat uniform(ACU)

Guess it was tested as the CCU first though...

EDIT: this thread should help clarify, find pictures of the ACU/CCU yourself :wink:
http://www.usmilitariaforum.com/forums/ ... y-jackets/

BIGBEE

Postby BIGBEE » Thu Dec 18, 2014 2:24 pm

http://www.militarysupplyhouse.com/

Pretty web 1.0 but, this is about the closest thing I've found online to shopping at a real milsurp store. They have quite a bit of genuine surplus along with the usual commercial stuff.

BIGBEE

Postby une_impasse » Sun Dec 21, 2014 2:11 am

une_impasse

Postby 3hunna » Thu Jan 15, 2015 9:03 pm

3hunna

Postby birdman caw » Thu Jan 15, 2015 11:50 pm

Considering how quickly it can get wet and cold, they're pretty good. Just spent three weeks in Rhode Island and wore them a lot.

Also urban legend claims a man was once found in some arctic wilderness, frozen to death. Upon autopsy they found that his feet had frozen last, and only then from the inside out. He was wearing bunny boots.

real shit

birdman caw

Postby BIGBEE » Sat Jan 31, 2015 4:13 pm

hunting down the milsurp on ebay so you don't have to!!

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Russian-Army-Sp ... 3cf156c333
anorak plus pants, the anorak is really the only thing worth getting imo

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Russian-Army-Sp ... 35e36f52cb
franken garmentz

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Soviet-KGB-Spet ... 566d870301
coveralls from the afghan war apparently

not putting this in the rak city thread because that thread is always in the front page anyway

BIGBEE

Postby Lorcan » Wed Feb 25, 2015 6:47 pm

Denison camo

Lizard camo

Mitchell camo

tiger stripe
(heavily faded)
(vertical tiger)

I ♥ tropical combat jackets

(1st pattern)

(3rd pattern?)

(mine, 4th pattern, ERDL camo - before and after I attempted overdyeing it...)

Lorcan

Postby Lorcan » Mon Apr 06, 2015 3:03 pm

1940s/50s French military motorcycle coats
are some proto-Kapital dopeness

1940s French military jacket in herringbone linen

Lorcan

Postby bleeker » Sat Oct 31, 2015 2:53 pm

Here is my grandfather's WWII-era navy peacoat:

Unfortunately it has some sort of weird stuff on the lower left sleeve which might be solder (dammnit Grandpa) and the sleeves are just too short for me. The buttonholes are also worn out. It's still a nice jacket and I wish I could wear it more.

Details:

My dad's woolen Air-Force parka:

It's water-resistant and almost wind-proof
it has a very cool zipper-able hood

Military stuff is very cool, especially from family

bleeker

Postby ASTROCHIMP » Mon Mar 21, 2016 11:19 pm

i've been working on this flintstone album for a couple days now and I'm pretty happy with what I've got. Most of the stuff is from tumblr in particular which has a ton of cool stuff. I've got a copy of Eyescream's September 2015 "Post Military" issue that will be here sometime this week that I'll upload some pics of either here or the magazine thread. Anyways because I like the name I'll consider the stuff in the album to be Post Military as well.

I'll stop wearing black when they invent a darker color.

Check out my shit tumblr.

Also consider checking out my music.

Follow me.
ASTROCHIMP

Previous

Return to Tags