[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 379: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 379: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
care-tags.org • View topic - The Price Of Quitting The Game

The Price Of Quitting The Game

Clothes

Re: Desire Is Suffering

Postby smiles » Wed Jan 29, 2014 2:24 am

I will subject myself to germinals school of planned cop. The cop in question being story jeans.

Last time I did no cop it was quite freeing, psychologically speaking.

草地跑過的腳印
smiles

Postby UnwashedMolasses » Wed Jan 29, 2014 12:07 pm

I think I'll be joining the no-cop club as well. I have a tendency to do waves of copping, where I'll justify a single purchase after several weeks of contemplation but as soon as I do it opens the floodgates to the possibility of buying all these other things, and winter sales didn't do well with that strategy. I'm pretty well set for winter and actually pretty well set for summer too. : )

I'm looking for some suggestions, though: anyone know any blogs that focus more on the technical/industrial/theoretical/historical side of fashion? Most of the sites I've followed have been almost purely product-based because that was the easiest to digest and most relatable but I'm liking that approach less and less.

EDIT: Of course the new WvG newsletter and sweatsuit drop after I decide this. :cry:

Last edited by UnwashedMolasses on Wed Jan 29, 2014 1:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
UnwashedMolasses

Postby whinefields » Wed Jan 29, 2014 1:02 pm

whinefields

Postby bels » Thu Jan 30, 2014 5:17 am

Took 30 minutes to get dressed this morning and I know that the reason is that i bought some more clothes. So other than ToJ decision I'm going back onto nocop until July.

bels
Yung Winona

Postby BobbyZamora » Tue Feb 04, 2014 2:33 am

Nothing kills a no-cop more swiftly than Buy & Sell's.

ughhh. I want this so badly, but at the same time I don't.

B)
BobbyZamora

Postby tttigre » Fri Feb 28, 2014 8:47 pm

Here I am. I'm already three weeks in (a tee on Feb 7, had been planned since October) but I might as well make it official.

I'm "technically" saving up in the hopes of attaining a grail item I've had my eye on for several months, and the cop freeze is a good economic and psychological exercise. Although this item would by far be the most expensive thing I've ever bought, it is definitely within the realm of the amount I've spent over the past six months or so. I feel confident enough in my wardrobe contentedness that I do not worry about replacing several items with one.

Looking at a mid-April purchase possibly. Interested to see if I can do it and if I feel the same way when the date rolls around.

若者文化
tttigre

Postby maj » Mon Mar 03, 2014 8:25 am

feeling more excited at the possibility of buying clothing than actually buying it, with all the things i really want not out for another 5/6 months. with this in mind i have been planning out the rough outlines of what i want to buy which will be refined over the coming months as i adjust it to fit my needless consumerism and trend chasing.

gaurenteed:

* christopher shannon grahic knit sweater in light blue

* christopher shannon track pants in black

* christopher raeburn colour block knit sweater in grey

* adidas gazelles in black

maybe:

* 6876 macintosh in stone

Sale cops (40% off or more):

* raf simons for fred perry pop art polo in white

* cos jersey sleeved jacket un navy

* cos padded technical shirt in black

* cos v-neck merino sweater in saphire

* cos jacquard front jumper in navy

* cos colour block knit top in navy

pieces i want with no final products:

* wool trews in dark grey or navy (maggie h, wu, cos depending on cut/material i am feeling in a few months)

maj

Postby ballast » Mon Mar 03, 2014 12:32 pm

entering no-cop club till f/w because i'm moving and need to spend my money on housewares and i already purchased my s/s stuff.

exception will be a linen pants and shirt for a wedding i'm going to in april. will probably be uniqlo.

oh yeah and some money to pay off some stuff i preordered.

ballast

Postby ballast » Mon Mar 03, 2014 12:32 pm

entering no-cop club till f/w because i'm moving and need to spend my money on housewares and i already purchased my s/s stuff.

exception will be a linen pants and shirt for a wedding i'm going to in april. will probably be uniqlo.

oh yeah and some money to pay off some stuff i preordered.

ballast

Postby insted » Wed Mar 05, 2014 1:33 am

first post here, joining no-cop.

just bought about an entire wardrobe right before south by southwest starts which is making me nervous about having enough money for it

petit new standards
nonnative cropped trousers
dana lee dad jeans
acne ace cash
blue blue japan oxford
alexandre plokhov button up
wtaps t
geller turtleneck
cdg polo
helmut lang car coat
yohji l/s for girlfriend (anniversery)
rayban clubmasters

this is in a matter of two weeks. i was selling almost everything i own on grailed which lessened the blow, and i essentially was "starting over" but still... i feel like all i did was rip open a void that is calling for more.

first post here in care-tags too, i really like this thread.

insted

Re: NOCOPNOCOPNOCOPNOCOPNOCOPB

Postby ballast » Wed Mar 26, 2014 3:45 pm

broke no-cop to preorder schneider merino coat. no regrets, have been looking for this coat for a year+. sorry team. didn't even realize it until it was too late.

ballast

Postby bels » Wed Mar 26, 2014 3:58 pm

why is there a b on the end

bels
Yung Winona

Postby nevergreen » Thu Mar 27, 2014 1:20 am

recently i purchased a pair of mmm boots for around $300 and it made me realize i don't even want to spend that much money on clothes at the moment. i ended up returning them cause $300 is a whole lot of food, concert tickets, and other shit.

my problem is that my wardrobe really isn't that big, though i feel almost satisfied with it (for the upcoming season, anyway). with the addition of the recent uniqlo linen pants and button downs i got, i should be good in that department (although i do have to exchange the button downs for a smaller size but that's whatever). for shoes the only pair i've been eyeing lately are white slip on vans which i'll get soon and are cheap. all i really want right now is another jacket because i only have one and it's literally all i wear for outerwear... my issue is i'm not exactly sure what i want, so it may be my last expensive purchase for a while. i saw an eg bomber on rakuten and didn't buy it and i'm really regretting waiting cause fuck it was so nice.

another thing i've noticed is how content i am with my wardrobe is very dependent on how i'm feeling about myself. probably 3-4 months ago i was kind of happy with my wardrobe and the way it was, but then i started experimenting and changed my style pretty drastically. at the moment i'm generally satisfied with how things are going so i'm content about what i'm wearing as i really do use to express myself (i try to use lots of colors, albeit generally not loud, and relaxed clothes).

and honestly, i don't really cop a lot to begin with. since the beginning of the year i've purchased maybe 10 things? give or take a couple. the thing is also with me is that i so very rarely see something and think to myself "wow i have to have that" and if i do it's most likely out of my price range. i mean hell i'm a college student working part time, i make around $700 every month which is really not a lot for clothes. plus with gas, insurance, and anything else i don't have a choice in spending, i'm down to around ~500 and that's nothing.

i think i'll take a break in copping (unless i find a jacket that i like that's not too much, cause as i said before i only have one atm and have been looking for one forever). and also plain tee's and shit cause mine keep disappearing..

also i'm moving soon and i'm really determined in getting my room to how i like it because i fucking hate my room how is right now. it's so ugly and the layout is ugh so i'll probably spend money on new sheets and room decorations and stuff. thinking some candles and tapestries (any other suggestions? pm me if you don't wanna post here cause it'd be so off topic)

nevergreen

Postby hmwut » Thu Mar 27, 2014 1:24 am

no cop for me (excluding a few basics) has been a great experience so far. getting familiar with your wardrobe and genuinely appreciating them for what they are and learning what looks best with what is a very special kind of satisfaction

im planning on continuing no cop through the summer and saving up summer money for new clothing this f/w, think the cycle approach (short period of buying followed by long period of wearing) is the most favorable approach to hobbyist consumerism

hmwut

Postby wiggly--woo » Thu Mar 27, 2014 6:42 am

About six weeks or so ago I decided to drastically reduce cops with the aim of entering a no cop phase for a few months. i haven't bought anything for a few weeks and don't plan on buying anything until september(ish) when I want to add some new items for fall/winter. No cop actually feels like a lot of fun. I've got plenty of time to plan aesthetics/purchases, I've got more money to spend on other stuff and my perspective on current clothes has changed a lot with what i thought was a small and incoherent wardrobe starting to feel much bigger and better than I once thought.

Accordingly I think I want to move towards a much more organised system of copping. I first started looking at online fashion stuff about 9 months ago and my copping has been in random and sporadic bursts but I want to be in a place where I can make essentially two copping sprees a year (on the seasonal transitions) with very little (if any) purchases inbetween. I guess that's basically a French wardrobe type thing but without limiting myself to a set number of items.

Last edited by wiggly--woo on Thu Mar 27, 2014 6:57 am, edited 2 times in total.
wiggly--woo

Postby bels » Wed Apr 09, 2014 2:20 am

bels
Yung Winona

Postby bels » Sat Apr 12, 2014 5:24 pm

Broke cop freeze today by buying some muji jeans. Been going nuts as my two pairs of black denim both suddenly stopped fitting how I'd like them to (or at all) and without a pair of go to black jeans it was becoming a real pain to get dressed in the morning.

Overall I've not really enjoyed nocop this season. Felt much more like pointless flagellation than anything else. Maybe just because my winter wardrobe is a lot better than my s/s one and does actually "need" work. Last a/w when I did no cop from july to december I had plenty of outfits that felt great to wear but this spring I've not had that feeling. Maybe it's the outfits, maybe it's my mood. I'm not sure.

I'm not planning to now buy a bunch of stuff, maybe I'll get some COS black chinos which never go on sale anyway, but assuming these jeans work out OK for me I'll try and last the rest of the time till July and then re-evaluate. Last winter I thought that maybe after this July I'd try and not buy anything for a year but frankly that's looking unlikely at this point.

bels
Yung Winona

Postby maj » Sat Apr 12, 2014 5:38 pm

because of the above post he enabled me to buy the "too drunk to fuck" tee

maj

Postby stappard_ » Sat Apr 12, 2014 5:46 pm

stappard_

Postby bels » Sat Apr 12, 2014 6:01 pm

My motivation was mainly that I thought I could do it and that it'd be interesting to see what happened. Half the stuff I buy or want to buy these days is a copy of stuff I already own anyway but in a slightly different colour or design so I was assuming I wouldn't immediately blow double the money I would have spent after a year. Besides even if I did, a big Uniqlo buy is like £120 instead of £60 so it wouldn't have been the end of the world.

bels
Yung Winona

Postby rjbman » Thu May 08, 2014 12:27 pm

"Let's be vagabonds." - Yohji Yamamoto
rjbman

Postby exprof » Wed Jun 25, 2014 2:59 am

Joining the no-cop club because I can't decide if I want to commit to looking like a Japanese freight conductor, a member of talking heads or a contemporary art curator. >:l

exprof

Postby bels » Sat Jul 05, 2014 10:55 am

I've been looking at house prices again and I think it's high time I got back on the wagon.

bels
Yung Winona

Postby maj » Thu Jul 10, 2014 9:28 am

i'm applying aloe to my burns and trying to recover before i'm consumed to the point where i may never recover.

1v1 me we've won one cop freeze each this is the decider.

maj

Postby mc-lunar » Thu Jul 10, 2014 10:54 am

So can i get in on this one or not, my spending has been pretty unrestrained and i need to try to recoup some of the damages i've done to my finances

mc-lunar

Postby Yoder » Thu Jul 10, 2014 12:46 pm

the real problem with nocop is the feeling that there always needs to be a piece that an exception can be made for, just have to separate the mental components to avoid the floodgates from opening.

Yoder

Postby stappard_ » Thu Jul 10, 2014 1:29 pm

My understanding of the principle of the no cop is that such an exception is never justifiable by any grounds other than "I just sort of want it basically".

Unless you're going skiing and need a coat or whatever but that doesn't count

stappard_

Postby WikiZuHeltzer » Thu Jul 10, 2014 5:37 pm

Perma cop freeze until I get a job and a pay check. Already looking shaky. Must not buy polos. Must not buy polos.

WikiZuHeltzer

Postby bels » Thu Jul 10, 2014 6:06 pm

Polos are one of those things where you feel like they're cool and you need one for every day but that feeling will pass in 6 months. You only need about two.

bels
Yung Winona

Postby mc-lunar » Thu Jul 10, 2014 6:27 pm

I haven't worn a polo since I was about 9 yet still can't shake the feeling that I should have a polo

mc-lunar

PreviousNext

Return to Tags