[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
care-tags.org • View topic - The Price Of Quitting The Game

The Price Of Quitting The Game

Clothes

Re: Desire Is Suffering

Postby germinal » Tue Aug 20, 2013 5:36 pm

I really ought to unsubscribe from my eBay saved search updates as i would have spent only £6 on clothes-related goods if it weren't for them. Trying to replace buying clothes with buying books and magazines.
When are you in ldn Syek?

germinal
Garminlad

Postby Syeknom » Tue Aug 20, 2013 5:53 pm

September 9/10/11 if I remember rightly, was going to give you a shout and see if you're around/want to grab a drink or something

Syeknom

Postby bels » Tue Aug 20, 2013 6:02 pm

Eh, I'd try and come down but I think my project is going to be hitting the fan that week so I'll be doing some late nights. Apart from the 11th which is the poetry slam finals.

bels
Yung Winona

Postby bels » Tue Aug 20, 2013 6:07 pm

eBay saved searches are the devil.

I think I'd like to not only spend less money on clothes, but also less time aimlessly looking for new stuff.

bels
Yung Winona

Postby germinal » Tue Aug 20, 2013 6:43 pm

hmm wasn't planning on going up until the following week but i might be able to go earlier

germinal
Garminlad

Postby odradek » Wed Aug 21, 2013 1:45 am

Welp, johnUndercover dropped soooo...

odradek

Postby Syeknom » Wed Aug 21, 2013 3:04 am

What did you do trash!?

bela, germ, don't feel like you have to travel out of your way especially or anything! I've got a packed schedule as it is. If you're able though we can definitely hang.

Syeknom

Postby bels » Sat Aug 24, 2013 8:16 am

We did it guys. Except for Trash who I guess is sitting on a pile of square hem shirts and cropped trousers right now, laughcrying.

bels
Yung Winona

Postby Syeknom » Sat Aug 24, 2013 8:49 am

ben and germ failed too

Congratulations to us though! Bravo.

Syeknom

Postby odradek » Sat Aug 24, 2013 9:23 am

i regret nothing. except my weakness of constitution and my crippling inability to Not Acquire Things.

but for real, good exercise that helped me legitimize not purchasing a few things. might try again in october.

odradek

Postby smiles » Sat Aug 24, 2013 9:26 am

after a purchase on rakuten i will be joining you until the end of september, and hopefully for the rest of the semester.

strength in numbers right. my resolve is like stale jello

草地跑過的腳印
smiles

Postby bels » Sat Aug 24, 2013 9:33 am

state your dates smiles.

bels
Yung Winona

Postby smiles » Sat Aug 24, 2013 9:48 am

25th of august to 25th of september. if successful, i'll take it a month at a time from there.

草地跑過的腳印
smiles

Postby can- » Sat Aug 24, 2013 11:21 am

bravo to bela and monkeys, gold stars all around

while I have not brought my purchasing to a halt, I am at least proud to say that my ratio of clothes coming in to out is very favorable at this point

can-

Postby smiles » Sun Aug 25, 2013 8:13 am

copped two things yesterday to get it out of my system. I felt good today, and didnt spend so much time on rakuten

thinking about expanding my magazine collection. they are cheaper too.

草地跑過的腳印
smiles

Postby Syeknom » Sun Aug 25, 2013 8:29 am

What did you buy, smiley cyprus?

Syeknom

Postby smiles » Sun Aug 25, 2013 8:52 am

stand collar indigo dyed pullover shirt from omnigod. nice slubby texture and apparently it uses some fancy indigo.

and

phenomenon glen check wool shirt. lined in cupro. got this one from rakuten, hope it fits ok. size L but phenomenon fits weird, and its pretty thick.

I tried on a tender shirt today. It was amazing. woad dyed. not cheap though. 1200hkd after discount.

草地跑過的腳印
smiles

Postby Syeknom » Sun Aug 25, 2013 9:07 am

That first one is especially excellent

Cool about the Tender shirt - I'm really itching to get one. Last season there was some great stock and I'm hoping that the new season will have some good options too. Was it

Will is opening a Tender online shop himself soon which will stock some previous season stuff and other pieces. Planning to start a Tender thread when it goes up.

Syeknom

Postby smiles » Sun Aug 25, 2013 9:21 am

it was the short sleeve version

http://www.superdenim.co.uk/prodpage.asp?productid=3026 basically this in woad. It was crazy oversized.

the material was super awesome, and the woad color was a great natural looking blue. I handled a bunch of stuff and it was all great. There was this wrinkled canvas jacket that looked like it had been balled up in a corner for 50 years (in a cool way). If feel like if you wore all tender you might end up being wrinkled yourself, and covered in natural dye

this was the other jacket
http://www.uptherestore.com/product/fir ... tle-canvas

草地跑過的腳印
smiles

Postby Syeknom » Sun Aug 25, 2013 9:33 am

Really very cool!

What are omnigod about?

Syeknom

Postby smiles » Sun Aug 25, 2013 9:51 am

ummm

japanese denim brand. They arent really part of the whole retro americana scene though, more interested in cool fabrics and techniques and japanese farmer steez. Lots of washed stuff and crinkly fabrics. I'm pretty sure all their clothes are 100% cotton. They also do other basic stuff.

Its a sub-brand of a company called Domingo Co. which is one of the oldest denim manufacturers. They also have another sub-brand called Spellbound, which i have an oxford shirt and a pair of jeans from. Its slightly cheaper (and more commercial). The oxford and jeans both have this wrinkle effect which is pretty cool, and the jeans have some sort of waxy finish (5% stretch too, for comfort). The oxford is the nicest i've handled.

I like both brands because they fit me really well, are reasonably priced with good materials, and have fun designs. It meshes well with what my ideal of dress is and what i can achieve. I guess i would add tender to that list, tentatively.

this oxford http://blueowl.us/scripts/psp/VB_Bridge3.dll?VBPROG=\bin\shop.prodt.detail&SKU=7995600

草地跑過的腳印
smiles

Postby bels » Sun Aug 25, 2013 4:53 pm

Think I'm going to try and roll this straight through to the next month as I realised I'm going to have to pay for next year's car insurance + tax + service. So. Let's see. Two months without a clothing purchase. Alright.

bels
Yung Winona

Postby Syeknom » Sun Aug 25, 2013 4:56 pm

Ouch, good luck bels

Syeknom

Postby can- » Mon Aug 26, 2013 12:46 pm

that shirt has no yoke. what's the deal about being rolled into bank notes?

can-

Postby smiles » Thu Aug 29, 2013 10:14 am

tried on some tender denim today. woad dyed. it was super cool.

if its still available in 28 days or whatever i might pick it up.

this is hard.

草地跑過的腳印
smiles

Postby Syeknom » Thu Aug 29, 2013 10:19 am

Cool stuff, where did you try it on? Did they have other Tender goodies?

If it's not season specific then there's no urgency. Their jeans don't go on sale and I doubt you desperately need new jeans right now, you just have an itch for these ones. You know your size, just wait out the month and decide whether you want to pick them up or not. Stay strong.

Syeknom

Postby smiles » Thu Aug 29, 2013 10:59 am

thanks syek. its a store called delstore in hk. No real online presence. Lots of cool japanese brands (like yaeca, arts&science, omnigod, kapital etc) + nigel cabourn and EG.

actually the jeans are on sale. 50% off! They had some jackets and shirts as well. quite a large buy

the SA told me that if they still were there when i came back next time he would still do the discount.

i have like 8 pairs of jeans already >_>

草地跑過的腳印
smiles

Postby Syeknom » Thu Aug 29, 2013 11:11 am

Ah, sales do tempt the heart - I'm sorry for your suffering.

But mentally let them go. If they're there next month then consider it a blessing, if not then it was never meant to be.

Go home, take your 8 jeans and arrange them in a pile on the bed and lie with them - feel content in the denim.

Sounds like a cool shop by the way, will have to hit you up for interesting Hong Kongesey shops. What are prices of things like there?

Syeknom

Postby smiles » Thu Aug 29, 2013 11:27 am

Making An Inventory is good for temptation.

There are lots of cool little shops, though unfortunately there is not much of a local design scene (for men)

Prices in the bigger shops are usually quite marked up ( they add a zero to the US dollar value to make the HKD price so a 80USD shirt becomes 800HKD which is more like 100USD). At places like delstore and other smaller stores the prices are pretty much on par with regular markets. The only exception are japanese brands, which are a bit cheaper here. Of course there's also a greater availability of japanese stuff compared to europe or USA

草地跑過的腳印
smiles

Postby bels » Thu Aug 29, 2013 1:33 pm

You gotta push through these early cop desires smiles.

It gets easier once your brain internalises that you aren't buying anything this month and you sort of start being cba when it comes to looking at clothes.

bels
Yung Winona

PreviousNext

Return to Tags