[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 379: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
care-tags.org • View topic - The Price Of Quitting The Game

The Price Of Quitting The Game

Clothes

Re: NOCOPNOCOPNOCOPNOCOPNOCOPB

Postby maj » Tue Aug 12, 2014 1:44 pm

no comment

maj

Postby nevergreen » Tue Aug 12, 2014 1:46 pm

i'm down for no cops until christmas (unless the c-t shirt gets made cause i want one). edc puerto rico was announced yesterday that it's being held on the fucking beach!!! so a friend and i wanna go which means cop freeze is gonna be longer than initially thought to be

nevergreen

Postby mc-lunar » Tue Aug 12, 2014 3:22 pm

I will go nocop until Christmas and join in the "fun". I can live vicariously through other people copping things i find for them :P I need to spend more time detaching myself from fashion's consumerist nature and putting that energy into othet hobbies so this will hopefully help

mc-lunar

Postby turbulencex90 » Wed Aug 13, 2014 4:19 am

I just acquire the last thing I wanted to complete my summer wardrobe, and I'm perfectly content with my winter wardrobe. No cop until I find a job (then will probably end up copping all the things to celebrate getting one).

turbulencex90

Postby CleanThug » Thu Aug 28, 2014 6:03 am

I'm going to try nocop for awhile, my interests in clothing change too often at the moment. I'm a little apprehensive, so let's say until November. I'll see how I feel then.

CleanThug

Postby nevergreen » Mon Sep 01, 2014 6:50 pm

admittedly i broke my cop freeze but it was 2 uniqlo tees for only $12 and i needed more white shirts since mine got dirty... lol but otherwise i haven't bought anything in maybe close to 2 months? still shooting for christmas

nevergreen

Postby CleanThug » Mon Sep 01, 2014 10:17 pm

alright I have to own up, I've failed. only lasted like two days :(

in my defense i bought a STORY sundae because there was sonly 1 left in hank 2

noragrets

CleanThug

Postby CMYK » Tue Sep 02, 2014 11:20 am

In. Public shaming requested if broken. Christmas is the goal.

CMYK

Postby bels » Wed Sep 03, 2014 4:43 am

Around two and a half months into no cop and I'm getting that "clothes don't matter" feeling. I get dressed way faster in the morning.

Still do get sudden pangs where I feel like my life has gone wrong and the only solution is to get on eBay and buy something that will make me look like someone else, but they're fading.

How's your nocop going

bels
Yung Winona

Postby maj » Wed Sep 03, 2014 4:53 am

Rename me John Coppidge viscount of consumer town and burn me at a stake

maj

Postby Bobbin.Threadbare » Wed Sep 03, 2014 7:56 am

I support no cop. I would like to no cop but I can't.

I technically am no cop. Almost never buy anything for myself.

Feel like dropping a massive discount code in here when I get a store to see how many of you break.

Bobbin.Threadbare

Postby okayfruit » Thu Sep 04, 2014 5:46 pm

Last time I attempted no cop I ended up spending all the extra money on cosmetics so I will not be buying anything at all until christmas unless it's to replace something in my routine or socks.

For the past few months I haven't really bought any Big Ticket Designer Items, but I've gotten several new items. Despite this I still feel like I haven't bought anything because part of me thinks I need to blow like 500 on shoes or buy a new purse to feel satisfied with my wardrobe, which is pretty damn unhealthy.

okayfruit

Postby BobbyZamora » Thu Sep 04, 2014 8:18 pm

I'm on an involuntary no cop because I can't find the clothes that I want to buy.

Last big purchase was in May, haven't bought anything but shorts and socks and some t-shirts since then.

B)
BobbyZamora

Postby kill-9 » Sat Sep 06, 2014 11:30 pm

Now graduated, unemployed, and $20k in debt.
Haven't bought much except for more socks and underwear from qlo to avoid laundry.
Went to a new Uniqlo, on the fence about a $80 denim jacket. Life seems normal.

kill-9

Postby Ques » Sun Sep 14, 2014 9:14 pm

so i was a bad boy and bought some stuff like 3 weeks ago but SINCE then i've been holding strong #blessed

also sold off around 15 pieces of clothing so far, i don't know if that's relevant to this thread though? either way the contentment is starting to sink in and it feels goooood

#pray for my continued strength

Ques

Postby BIGBEE » Sun Sep 21, 2014 12:45 pm

So hey maybe we can make it to christmas? I'm gonna be selling some of my ill thought slim-fit phase impulse buys -___-

BIGBEE

Postby BIGBEE » Mon Sep 22, 2014 3:58 pm

Bought some basics today (will review in the white t thread). Now I'm gonna be on a long-range no cop mission until christmas!

BIGBEE

Postby BIGBEE » Tue Sep 23, 2014 12:28 am

Gonna be really hard to resist buying a gen 1 ECWCS but I think I can do it

BIGBEE

Postby pheaj » Tue Sep 23, 2014 2:29 am

The more time I spend on grailed the sadder I get about no cop Q_Q Only like one year left though wooooo

pheaj

Postby bels » Tue Sep 23, 2014 2:33 am

One year of no cop? That sounds pretty long. How long have you gone so far?

I think if I didn't buy any clothes for a year I probably wouldn't want any after the year.

bels
Yung Winona

Postby pheaj » Thu Sep 25, 2014 12:33 am

I've been holding up for probably 4 months now? I'm have a pretty complete wardrobe for what I have now but I always wanna have more or expand you know.

pheaj

Postby popcorn » Fri Sep 26, 2014 7:42 pm

Hey guys, I wanted to thank this thread, the contention/curation thread, and 's general dickishness towards friends mentioning their purchases. I've been doing 'temporary' no-cop for 2 months, since swim team started, and it's helped me realize what I could really enjoy in my wardrobe, what I dislike, and I've gotten more creative with what I wear, contrary to what I'd expect. I've also become more conscious of why I like what I'd say I like and why I buy pieces.

I'm probably gonna break my no-cop soon, but I never had a goal, I have a bit saved, it's getting colder, and I could really use more pairs of pants (any day now people are going to realize I wear the navy ones three times per week). Stay blessed.

popcorn

Postby mc-lunar » Fri Sep 26, 2014 7:59 pm

dude, i literally wear my black jeans six days a week now that it's cold enough. lack of variety is no reason to break nocop >(smiling)

mc-lunar

Postby popcorn » Fri Sep 26, 2014 8:05 pm

The only worrisome part is that the buttons have decided to pursue their own endeavors and not function as fasteners; I should probably get better navy pants than the Gap, but they fit me so ideally. :(

popcorn

Postby mc-lunar » Fri Sep 26, 2014 8:09 pm

gap chinos are the best on the highstreet imo. i own 3 and love them. those black jeans i was talking about? gap. Come to think of it, the only non-gap pants i own i'm currently trying to sell.

mc-lunar

Postby bels » Sat Sep 27, 2014 3:17 am

I.... I'm not dickish.

If your trousers are literally broken then you could probably justify new ones though yeah, no one will notice your wearing the same ones

bels
Yung Winona

Postby nevergreen » Tue Sep 30, 2014 11:17 am

broke no cop for a pair of shoes but don't feel bad about it cause i've been searching for a pair of white hi tops since march so i knew the day would come i just didn't know when. now i have 0 excuses to make another purchase so onward to christmas

nevergreen

Postby rjbman » Tue Sep 30, 2014 11:46 am

Backed a pair of Gustins so I think I'm done with purchases til Christmastime.

"Let's be vagabonds." - Yohji Yamamoto
rjbman

Postby sidewalk » Tue Sep 30, 2014 9:47 pm

... Nah

Last edited by sidewalk on Sun Oct 02, 2016 4:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
sidewalk

Postby bels » Fri Oct 03, 2014 6:05 am

Allowed my no cop guard down for a pair of "just tried on" maharishi trews for #15. Can't say I regret it at all.

The only problem is now that I've got them I keep thinking of other maha stuff that would look good with them which I'm probably not going to be able to get for 10% of its retail price.

(stuff like this zip up thing http://www.maharishistore.com/product/M ... 394_0.html)

Buying stuff is easier to do when you're buying stuff, not buying stuff is easier to do when you're not buying stuff.

bels
Yung Winona

PreviousNext

Return to Tags