[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 379: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 379: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
care-tags.org • View topic - The Price Of Quitting The Game

The Price Of Quitting The Game

Clothes

Re: NOCOPNOCOPNOCOPNOCOPNOCOPB

Postby windowflowers » Fri Dec 26, 2014 1:34 pm

Been spending my paychecks a bit too quickly for my own comfort. Even though it isn't a huge deal since I'm a teen without real expenses, I'd like to keep more in the bank. Gonna try to no cop until March, see how that works and maybe extend it after that.

windowflowers

Postby blocksphere » Mon Dec 29, 2014 4:46 am

After indulging in all those post-holiday sales, I'm going to not buy any clothes for the next two months (until February 28). I'm going to commit right now to not buying any more clothes even if I return something else I've bought because I don't like it. I hope I can do it!

Unsubscribing from all those store/brand promotional emails and all my ebay alerts feels pretty good.

blocksphere

Postby meatjacket » Mon Dec 29, 2014 3:54 pm

dunno if it qualifies ( i think it does) for no cop, but its been much easier to not spend my money (from my paycheck) now that i've got like $200 of giftcards.

Also i've run out of hangers to place clothes on. Gonna do a purge of stuff to donate/sell then im on the road to no more buying clothes til like hopefully march!

meatjacket

Postby exprof » Mon Dec 29, 2014 5:22 pm

i've held strong since october 27th

if i can do it you all can too

no-coppers of the world, unite and take over~

exprof

Postby IsaiahSchafer » Mon Dec 29, 2014 5:33 pm

I've gotten almost 1000$ in american apparel store credit since september, I'm constantly in cop-mode, because the order form is a pain to fill out and I don't want to do a lot at once. -_- real struggles

IsaiahSchafer

Postby AmericanPie » Mon Dec 29, 2014 5:36 pm

Who's in for no-cop 2015?

AmericanPie

Postby KLF » Mon Dec 29, 2014 5:44 pm

almost broke no cop for a pair of loafers but problems with PayPal saved me... still gonna wait til 2015 to break

KLF

Postby mike868y » Mon Dec 29, 2014 5:47 pm

you guys are inspirational, i'm over here sweating on a 2 week no cop...

wtb: xs EG navy tropical wool andover, grey wool hartford jacket, wool glen check andover, brown cord andover, b2b in brown/navy twill plaid, sz8.5 yuteken peanut suede/crepe sole loafers, size 27/28 unis gio skinny
mike868y

Postby vgtbls » Mon Dec 29, 2014 5:57 pm

Apparently a huge Goodwill opened up nearby... pray for mojo

vgtbls

Postby nevergreen » Mon Jan 05, 2015 4:15 pm

finding the right thing to break no cop is so difficult. but i guess that's a good thing

maybe i should just buy running shoes

nevergreen

Postby mike868y » Mon Jan 05, 2015 4:40 pm

watch broke. bought a new watch. does that count as clothing?

i'm helpless.

wtb: xs EG navy tropical wool andover, grey wool hartford jacket, wool glen check andover, brown cord andover, b2b in brown/navy twill plaid, sz8.5 yuteken peanut suede/crepe sole loafers, size 27/28 unis gio skinny
mike868y

Postby aporea » Mon Jan 05, 2015 5:39 pm

thinking about joining the no cop movement until mid-april at least. funds are looking fine but i'll keep the steady pace before i do anything drastic; will only spend money i get from selling current pieces. let's do this.

aporea

Postby schiaparelli » Tue Jan 06, 2015 7:36 am

planning to not buy anything until june (unless a dire sock situation crops up).

why

thinking about what i wear takes up a lot of my cognitive resources & brain cycles. i have a ton of stuff i need to focus on for spring semester of college (doing well in courses to make my final semester—next fall!—easier, working on my senior capstone and trying to do something i can be legit proud of) and i think it'd be nice to get into the mindset of thinking of my wardrobe as temporarily static. i also just feel i'm more interested in experimenting with other things (makeup? fragrances?! i've been reading frederic malle reviews), so if i really want to buy new stuff it seems more fun to do that. i'm just happy with how i dress and don't see any new goal in my horizon other than "do laundry so i can wear my other favorite shirt again".

i've kind of realized that if i don't explicitly tell myself, "i don't want to buy anything for a while", i sort of buy t-shirts and other "basics" on autopilot because there are easily justifiable reasons to have them and i have a strong windowshopping that turns into comparisonshopping that turns into actual shopping habit. which i'm not proud of, but there it is.

schiaparelli

Postby schiaparelli » Tue Jan 06, 2015 11:46 am

after some thought i would like to revise my previous statement: not even if a dire sock situation crops up. the last time i was worried i didn't have enough socks i bought fucking 36 trouser-length socks all in black and now i'm afraid i'll be surrounded by black socks until i retire

schiaparelli

Postby thephfactor » Fri Jan 09, 2015 1:26 pm

No cop officially on until later march, possibly longer. Hoping to be able to buy some legitimately cool summer-y things before school ends with my chances to show them off. (Have my eye on some CdG shorts... prolly look goofy as phuck in them but what is life without you know experimentation and that.)

thephfactor

Postby BIGBEE » Sun Jan 18, 2015 7:06 pm

no cop until the end of the semester and then until I get my summer job GODSPEED

I think the best way for no cop to be successful is avoiding places that sell clothes like grailed etc. so I will be doing that. Going to read this thread eventually for tips and tricks (smiling)

E: also gonna stop going on rak city :(

BIGBEE

Postby JewTurk » Thu Jan 22, 2015 12:15 am

Well. I may have mentioned it elsewhere but I ended up getting some mono docs at the store in Scottsdale on sale, and I think that'll be the start of my "no cop". They definitely feel like "the" shoe that are easy as shit to wear with black pants and almost any top and be relatively well off.

I have enough clothes I enjoy to last me until the summer at the very least, being reasonable I can probably make it through the year without needing to buy anything.

Looking at my bank statements for taxes etc I'm noticing way too much is being spent on clothes for the incredibly small amount of joy I'm getting out of furthering my interest in it. Going to start directing my disposable income to hobbies other than fashion for the most part for this year and I think I'll end up being a lot happier with my wardrobe as a bonus, being more content with it once I take my mind off constantly trying to improve it.

Wishing myself, and others, luck.

JewTurk

Postby finolino » Tue Jan 27, 2015 9:05 pm

seeing as to how i'm content with the current uniform i've made for myself and won't be seeing another paycheck until june, i too will, after running out to some local shops this sunday to use my last paycheck to pick up some clothing items i desperately need, join the ranks of you all and start nocop for an indefinite period of time. i haven't bought that many clothes as of late, and haven't really been looking at fashion in terms of how it relates to me and my personal sense of style, either, so this is only natural. nocop won't cause any stress; rather, it'll just act as a safety net to make sure i don't make any dumb impulse purchases, which i have had a tendency of doing.

having more money in the piggy bank for whenever i decide to break my fast can't hurt, either!

finolino

Postby mike868y » Wed Jan 28, 2015 3:46 pm

i found a piece i really really want on yjp and submitted a sniper bid on it. then i felt anxious about how much i've been spending on clothing and cancelled the bid.

mike868y

Postby mc-lunar » Wed Jan 28, 2015 4:18 pm

mc-lunar

Postby schiaparelli » Wed Feb 04, 2015 3:18 pm

schiaparelli

Postby mike868y » Sat Feb 07, 2015 1:30 pm

does it count as breaking no cop if you sell one thing to buy another? do i care?

mike868y

Postby bels » Sat Feb 07, 2015 5:54 pm

You do what you gotta do mikey.

bels
Yung Winona

Postby schiaparelli » Sun Feb 08, 2015 12:56 pm

schiaparelli

Postby jrisk » Sun Feb 08, 2015 1:12 pm

imo, if it's a no-cop i/r/t money, it doesn't count. if it's a no-cop i/r/t style or something, then it's a no-cop break.

jrisk

Postby mike868y » Sun Feb 08, 2015 2:28 pm

for the record, i ended up canceling the sniper bid and putting the money towards my cc.

mike868y

Postby yoyobeat » Mon Mar 09, 2015 8:36 pm

I have come to believe no-cop is a pointless thing for me.

yoyobeat

Postby bels » Wed Apr 22, 2015 7:59 am

Because I really should start saving money for my house I've started implementing a hard #100 limit per month on my saving. (My paypal acct is linked to a pre paid card that only gets #100 added per month)

It's already driving me crazy. Finisterre dumped some merino tees on bay for a budget price and I really want to buy up the whole stock but I can't affooooooooord itttttttttttttttt. Let plenty ebargs go down the drain already too.

Hard times. Hoping after 6 months or so my brain will be rewired and I'll feel like spending more than a hundo a mundo is crazy.

bels
Yung Winona

Postby stappard_ » Mon May 18, 2015 5:13 am

morally, do I have to include my seasonal uniqlo underwear bulk buy in my clothing budget or can I write it off as boring expenses

stappard_

Postby ice » Sun May 31, 2015 10:58 am

after rounding out my wardrobe with a couple oxfords from uniqlo i'm pretty happy with it's where it's at so i'm going to undertake nocop until my upcoming trip to japan (september) completely destroys my resolve and i splurge on all sorts of wonderful items
lets hope i make it till september, three months can't be that hard right?

ice

PreviousNext

Return to Tags