[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
care-tags.org • View topic - The Price Of Quitting The Game

The Price Of Quitting The Game

Clothes

Re: Desire Is Suffering

Postby can- » Sun Oct 27, 2013 3:45 pm

my sons, where you see only one set of footprints, it is then that I copped for you

can-

Postby RycePooding » Sun Oct 27, 2013 4:05 pm

Maybe I should do no cop. Realizing that I have few-to-no 'holes' in my wardrobe.

RycePooding

Postby starfox64 » Mon Oct 28, 2013 9:37 pm

really hope that someone buy the last inverallan sweater in my size from end so i don't have to think about it any more

"Authorities say the phony Pope can be recognized by his high-top sneakers and incredibly foul mouth."
starfox64

Postby starfox64 » Mon Oct 28, 2013 11:14 pm

more belted stuff

"Authorities say the phony Pope can be recognized by his high-top sneakers and incredibly foul mouth."
starfox64

Postby bels » Tue Oct 29, 2013 4:53 am

That looks like fire but I ain't paying a grand

bels
Yung Winona

Postby starfox64 » Tue Oct 29, 2013 4:59 am

serious question: would you pay a grand for anything?

starfox64

Postby bels » Tue Oct 29, 2013 5:03 am

Maybe if I cop froze for a year or something.

bels
Yung Winona

Postby RycePooding » Tue Oct 29, 2013 10:52 am

I wish I could hold off on purchases long enough to buy something for a grand. I have no idea what I'd spend a grand on though.

RycePooding

Postby teck » Tue Oct 29, 2013 12:24 pm

teck

Postby Bobbin.Threadbare » Tue Oct 29, 2013 12:52 pm

swear to god, a down jacket is my current object of desire.

This one, which I like a lot, is almost a grand

And this one is amazing.

http://www.oipolloi.com/nigel-cabourn-e ... st--orange

But you wont see me paying that for it. I did my usual and sourced the product (which wasn't hard as this was a collab) and bought similar (nicer, I think) a few moments ago -

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/231083074104

Planning on making one myself though in something indigo.

Bobbin.Threadbare

Postby maj » Thu Oct 31, 2013 8:42 pm

i'm standing in my boxers measuring my waist squinting to look at a size chart while holding the tape measure accurately when it suddenly hits me 'no one needs jeans this expensive'.

#NoCopStillStrong

maj

Postby maj » Tue Nov 05, 2013 7:07 pm

maj

Postby charybdis » Wed Nov 06, 2013 3:45 pm

So apparently when I leave a no cop the impulse buying kind of kicks in.

I dunno though, for the things I really need, I feel almost paralyzed by the variety of choice.

my mother is a kenzo fish sweater
charybdis

Postby Syeknom » Mon Nov 11, 2013 8:38 am

What things do you really need, dwindles?

Good effort maj

Syeknom

Postby maj » Wed Nov 13, 2013 7:44 pm

for all those on the wagon it is only 6 weeks till the end of year sales are upon us. hold this in your thoughts as the cold, dark nights set in, where we are forced to stay inside and browse the same shopping sites, desperately trying to keep our cards in our wallets.

it's the dark side to no-cop really, what do you buy to celebrate or reward yourself. does this defeat the point of a no cop? or is a no cop really just like minimizing your risks by buying too much that you may later regret.

maj

Postby germinal » Wed Nov 13, 2013 8:33 pm

i'm not buying anything until the end of february

germinal
Garminlad

Postby schiaparelli » Thu Nov 14, 2013 1:02 pm

what's your shoe collection like now? (re: deciding between sneakers and ankle boots)

schiaparelli

Postby charybdis » Thu Nov 14, 2013 8:03 pm

I'm okay on the formal shoe front, but I need some sort of casual shoe or winter shoe. I own one pair of flats that I wear all the time an a pair of sandals.

my mother is a kenzo fish sweater
charybdis

Postby starfox64 » Thu Nov 14, 2013 9:46 pm

get some air maxes

starfox64

Postby midvh » Thu Nov 14, 2013 9:55 pm

buy a long (like, really long) grey spreckled coat dwindles

midvh

Postby bels » Fri Nov 15, 2013 3:23 am

Do you live in a place with winter? If yes then get some sort of rubber soled boot for now, then when spring roles around you can pick up some cheap plimsoley sneaker.

bels
Yung Winona

Postby RycePooding » Wed Nov 20, 2013 12:38 pm

Wish me luck.

RycePooding

Postby ramseames » Fri Nov 22, 2013 12:54 am

from now until boxing day, at least.

ramseames

Postby RycePooding » Wed Nov 27, 2013 1:43 pm

consumerism is entering my heart.

tell me it will go away.

RycePooding

Postby sknss » Wed Nov 27, 2013 1:51 pm

take a handful of beans
throw it in a well
when the beans sprout up you will never want to buy anything ever again

sknss
2015 Summer Camp Participant

Postby schiaparelli » Wed Nov 27, 2013 3:41 pm

guys i bought something of reasonable financial significant, so i'm going on no-cop starting today

but here's the story/context:

there is this helmut lang jacket of my dreams that i first tried on around mid-may, and spent an hour at the store softly stroking its textured panels while the SA asked me "do you want to put this on hold?" and i thought to myself, do i look like the kind of person who can drop $xxxx like that? but it was seriously, seriously lovely and i walked away promising to myself i'd stalk it in the months to come.

anyways, after months of insufficient markdowns and my eBay saved search turning up the jacket but in the wrong size, I FOUND IT ON EBAY AND I GOT THE AUCTION AND AHHHHHHH~

it's easily the priciest thing i've gotten so i'm kind of in this fuzzy state of am i sinking too deep into the rabbit hole of fashion and excessive sartorial spending, but i'm really really really really really happy and i think it shall be perfect for what i want.

but anyways, no more buying stuff. i guess—i think this is why i've been trying to (with varying degrees of successes) not buy unless i really like something, and veer on the side of not getting something/hoping something better will come along if something isn't perfect. sometimes it's annoying because ALL I WANT IS A T-SHIRT SO I DON'T HAVE TO DO LAUNDRY SO MUCH, but then it give me more freedom to make cops like this. it's so satisfying. i've had an entry for this jacket in my master wardrobe planning spreadsheet for months with the little sad note maybe someday never next to it.

so. no-cop deets: i guess i'll probably hold out until april 1 (so, a four-month span). i keep on thinking, "maybe i should make an exception to buy a sweater", but the truth is i don't desperately need a sweater...i'd just like one, but there aren't any sweaters right now where i'm thinking, "i need specifically THIS sweater or i will be a sad schia". so. oof. wish me luck?

schiaparelli

Postby aucontrairearto » Thu Nov 28, 2013 9:00 pm

Today is the last day of my 6 month cop freeze. I planned it just in time for Black Friday and Cyber Monday.

It's weird. I don't really want anything anymore. I may buy some Hane's tees.

aucontrairearto

Postby bels » Fri Nov 29, 2013 6:28 am

That's an impressive length for a cop freeze. Good work.

Did you find your spending pattern shifted? IE you stopped buying clothes but you started buying something else? Or have you just been basically frugal for the entire 6 months?

bels
Yung Winona

Postby aucontrairearto » Sat Nov 30, 2013 6:11 pm

Thanks.

(I should mention that I'm a high school student with a part-time job. So not a lot of money to spend anyway...)

It got easier after a month or two, but I never really lost my desire to spend money on things. I bought maybe 3 or 4 things at thrift stores to kill time, but nothing worth more than $10. That set me back from my goal, but I made a conscious effort not to feel guilty about it. The key to doing cop freezes is not to think of it as a game or as a way to save up. It's just part of a frugal lifestyle.

aucontrairearto

Postby RycePooding » Mon Dec 02, 2013 12:39 am

old winter dana lee stock is very tempting, but staying strong

RycePooding

PreviousNext

Return to Tags