[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 379: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
care-tags.org • View topic - The Price Of Quitting The Game

The Price Of Quitting The Game

Clothes

Re: The Price Of Quitting The Game

Postby LelandJ » Fri Dec 11, 2015 4:20 am

Yoox has free returns even if ground and processing takes two weeks to refund. Easier to be picky anyways after learning the junk brands or which ones have designs that don't complement one's body.

200 pages of fromjapan results for a brand drives me nuts though. I just bookmark after I get through 50 and work on another time.

LelandJ

Postby maj » Fri Dec 11, 2015 5:36 am

Some guy on fuk got banned from yoox for returning more than he bought, was bare jokes.

Irl shopping tho

Irl shopping sux, trapes around entire cities as stockists all have independent buys of the same brand so you can find the one thing you want or to see what's "hot this season!" Is so tiring. Even worse when every store turns out to have the same buy of the brand, or overall feel in general (where u at exciting buys). I think I manage to do it maybe once a season and by that time exhausted and wishing for the sweet embrace of bed.

Then you have a problem when no one stocks the shit you want at all, if I want to buy this seasons latest "hot looks!" And I'm like oh you don't sell them? In this entire city????? !!!!!!??????

Maybe you could ring the stores in advance

Avoid the disappointment

Maybe you could just browse from your bed and use the travel money to order yourself take out

Maybe u could just quit entirely tho

maj

Postby LelandJ » Fri Dec 11, 2015 6:12 am

I've been returning more than I keep from yoox for years (probably around 75% rate) as I assume most people do. You have to really abuse it to get banned.

In the states at least NYC's the only city worth shopping in.

LelandJ

Postby bels » Sat Dec 12, 2015 10:53 am

Online shopping as an ambient activity is a tragedy and must be stamped out (see the fourth wave no cop manifesto)

Replacing it with in store shopping is probably not going to work out well for most people. Especially those outside of the five global cities that have decent in store shoppig.

bels
Yung Winona

Postby schiaparelli » Thu Dec 17, 2015 6:17 pm

schiaparelli

Postby Cowboy » Thu Dec 17, 2015 7:40 pm

Bela perhaps you should go on no-shop? Seems down your road more than 4th wave no-cop. (Is "than" correct?)

The discourse and all.

Cowboy

Postby parastexis » Thu Dec 17, 2015 10:02 pm

parastexis

Postby bels » Mon Dec 21, 2015 2:03 pm

I'm doing a new therapy where every time I want to buy something, I imagine I've bought at and am wearing it whilst something bad happens to me (seagull shits on my hair, punched by a racist, boss shows everyone how much time I spend on the internet instead of working etc etc)

bels
Yung Winona

Postby schiaparelli » Wed Dec 23, 2015 10:15 pm

schiaparelli

Postby bels » Tue Dec 29, 2015 11:33 am

I'm doing a new therapy where every time I want to buy something, I make sure that I never ever say I "need" it and only instead say I "want" it and then I ask myself if I "want" it more than I "want" to "quit the game"

bels
Yung Winona

Postby thecanadiancook » Tue Dec 29, 2015 8:42 pm

I cleared out my Grailed fitting room so I stop getting all these emails of price drops or if something has been reposted. One step closer to quitting the game.

Edit: I should clarify when I say cleared I mean emptied it all

Victim to the Diderot effect // //
thecanadiancook

Postby bels » Wed Dec 30, 2015 5:30 am

bels
Yung Winona

Postby hig » Thu Dec 31, 2015 4:39 pm

after buying a UC hoodie and a geller sweatshirt the other day on a decent sale I've decided to commence the new year with a no cop period. have done it sporadically in the past but think I'm going to try going a month at a time to see how things go. have spent too much money on clothes this fall with no real purpose other than to spend and expand a wardrobe that doesn't really need expanding. looking at sales and everything gives me the illusion that there's a place for everything in my wardrobe - looking to break this notion. here's to a new year and saving money!

hig

Postby vgtbls » Fri Jan 01, 2016 8:52 pm

I made it through 75 pages of Marie Kondo's "Spark Joy" at work today. Let's see if I can avoid copping the book itself (HIGHLY SUBVERSIVE ACT)

vgtbls

Postby schiaparelli » Sun Jan 03, 2016 8:26 pm

schiaparelli

Postby titkitten » Sun Jan 03, 2016 9:24 pm

titkitten

Postby dbcooper » Wed Jan 27, 2016 12:12 pm

Last edited by dbcooper on Wed Feb 14, 2018 3:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
dbcooper

Postby bels » Thu Jan 28, 2016 11:31 am

After one month of noco it feels like I've been noco for years and years.

(I didn't actually buy those swebay trousers. Waiting for the groucho review before I move)

bels
Yung Winona

Postby khayandhi » Tue Feb 02, 2016 2:07 pm

Last edited by khayandhi on Wed Feb 03, 2016 4:32 am, edited 1 time in total.
khayandhi

Postby mike868y » Tue Feb 02, 2016 3:42 pm

have about 6 months or so of work before school starts. in other words, time to stop spending and start saving.

wtb: xs EG navy tropical wool andover, grey wool hartford jacket, wool glen check andover, brown cord andover, b2b in brown/navy twill plaid, sz8.5 yuteken peanut suede/crepe sole loafers, size 27/28 unis gio skinny
mike868y

Postby schiaparelli » Wed Feb 03, 2016 2:38 pm

schiaparelli

Postby bels » Wed Feb 03, 2016 3:03 pm

bels
Yung Winona

Postby JonjoShelvey » Thu Feb 04, 2016 3:14 am

i havent bought anything since last april. i plan i buying one pair of sneakers soon because i only have wallabees and nike sfbs right now, and that will proly be my only clothing purchase this year unless my clothes break.

the best way to stay in the game is to talk about quitting the game

edit: i lied i bought a 7 dollar fake adidas hat at the gas station last week

JonjoShelvey

Postby MxmHrpr » Fri Feb 05, 2016 1:38 pm

Half a year noco though not out of discipline, but my fussiness.

I've tasted blood with a MTM experience and now the RTW world seems brutish (sales, limited runs and things not being quite right).

Unfortunately in-person quality MTM is expensive, broken my noco just now with a Luxire order to see if it scratches that itch.

God help me if it does, as if so it there's no promises I won't go full shock-and-awe Bels tactic to noco.

God help me if it doesn't as the only option I see satisfying my taste is starting my own line of clothes...

MxmHrpr

Postby bels » Mon Feb 08, 2016 6:46 am

bels
Yung Winona

Postby pirxthepilot » Mon Feb 08, 2016 9:23 am

the only perfume 'concept' i ever liked is Fat Electrician : jon voight's character in midnight cowboy settled down, got a 'proper job' and ate loads of pizza- but still retains a melancholic residue of his former beauty. ( i wonder if in this constructed then-future his daughter would still be angelina)

pirxthepilot

Postby tomsfood » Fri Feb 12, 2016 8:05 pm

hey bela i think i quit the game

tomsfood
Look Arena Champion

Postby rjbman » Sat Feb 13, 2016 10:12 am

Guess Tom hopped over the GAP between nocop and quitting the game
:rjbasedgod:

"Let's be vagabonds." - Yohji Yamamoto
rjbman

Postby bels » Sat Feb 13, 2016 1:11 pm

What's it like on the other side tomsfood. What do you spend your time on.

bels
Yung Winona

Postby tomsfood » Sat Feb 13, 2016 2:33 pm

algorithms homework and neural networks, mostly

tomsfood
Look Arena Champion

PreviousNext

Return to Tags