[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
care-tags.org • View topic - The Price Of Quitting The Game

The Price Of Quitting The Game

Clothes

Re: Desire Is Suffering

Postby smiles » Sat Aug 31, 2013 12:13 pm

accompanied my GF on a shopping trip today. It was pretty much as fun as buying the clothes for myself and i didnt really feel like i was missing out on anything. tried on the toj rip-off.

she bought an awesome wool coat and skirt from APC.

草地跑過的腳印
smiles

Postby Syeknom » Sat Aug 31, 2013 6:23 pm

APC ladies stuff is really nice. The APC shop in Antwerp only has two changing rooms and they're behind the ladies section so when I've had to queue there I always get a good look at the range. Got a link to those pieces?

Syeknom

Postby smiles » Sun Sep 01, 2013 3:47 am

yeah, I liked it a lot more than the mens stuff. Though they did have some nice jackets. APC is under-rated for sure.

she got this 50's felted wool coat: http://www.apc.fr/wwuk/women/coats/felt ... 05048.html

and this skirt: http://www.apc.fr/wwuk/women/skirts/ali ... 04976.html

草地跑過的腳印
smiles

Postby starfox64 » Wed Sep 04, 2013 2:23 am

got a toj. leather seems thinner than before, but that may be because the jacket style is different.

with cutoff still not here yet, there's still a thought in the back of my head that i should buy something else because a navy double rider will be half the price of a uc one if i ever decide to go that route. :/

can we turn on smilies?

"Authorities say the phony Pope can be recognized by his high-top sneakers and incredibly foul mouth."
starfox64

Postby bels » Wed Sep 04, 2013 2:33 am

Are you wearing that Rick Owens smock dress with it? Looks cool.

I vote against turning smilies on.

bels
Yung Winona

Postby starfox64 » Wed Sep 04, 2013 2:36 am

Without smilies I don't think I can accurately represent my emotions.

Those are actually Pyrex shorts

"Authorities say the phony Pope can be recognized by his high-top sneakers and incredibly foul mouth."
starfox64

Postby can- » Wed Sep 04, 2013 8:10 am

toj cutoff seems like genius marketing ploy

can-

Postby Syeknom » Wed Sep 04, 2013 8:21 am

Buying things just because you think you may never be able to buy them in the future if you don't (or worse, if you think you may be able to but will have to pay more) is the worst symptom of consumerism.

Syeknom

Postby bels » Wed Sep 04, 2013 8:35 am

exactly how I feel about ToJ. I feel like if I don't buy one I'll have missed out, which is exactly how they want you to feel. I'll see what happens when the cutoff date is announced. I suppose the lead time will jump up to nearly a year so I can order something for next autumn.

bels
Yung Winona

Postby Syeknom » Wed Sep 04, 2013 8:50 am

What do you want from them, bela?

I'm so happy that nothing I've seen by them as caused so much as a stirring in my loins let alone my bank account.

Syeknom

Postby can- » Wed Sep 04, 2013 8:51 am

bela, instead of a leather jacket what about a nice linen coat?

can-

Postby bels » Wed Sep 04, 2013 9:35 am

That linen is sold out and gone ben.

I dunno what I'd get syek. Suede T-3 would be nice if I didn't live in England. But I do, so probably an MDR.

If they still did the parka I might have wanted that instead, but they don't and the new one they were working on didn't look very good.

This is possibly the only downside to this cop freeze, it's beginning to give me the feeling that when I end it I'll be able to buy anything at all.

bels
Yung Winona

Postby bels » Thu Sep 05, 2013 4:21 pm

Would rather have something padded and black but £60 is a pretty good deal.

http://www.maharishistore.com/product/M ... 394_1.html

bels
Yung Winona

Postby Syeknom » Thu Sep 05, 2013 4:24 pm

Nice price. Drawstrings look a bit lame but the rest is cool. Breast pocket for your cigs or a little notebook of poetry you can whip out when flintstone strikes.

Never heard of that shop before, some fun pieces (some pretty awful looking too)

Syeknom

Postby can- » Thu Sep 05, 2013 4:29 pm

shit hood on that

can-

Postby bels » Thu Sep 05, 2013 4:36 pm

Word, ben. I'm not buying a parka unless it has a wired hood.

You never heard of Maharishi Syek? I love them. Never owned anything by them but I still like it. Was apparently quite big in the 90s.

bels
Yung Winona

Postby smiles » Mon Sep 09, 2013 12:40 pm

ugh...

some really nice phenomenon stuff is on rakuten for like 70 bucks a piece.

草地跑過的腳印
smiles

Postby bels » Mon Sep 09, 2013 12:49 pm

We're just approaching the half way mark smiley. If you're like me that phenomenon will be the last thing you really have to resist. After about 15 days stuff stops mattering so much.

bels
Yung Winona

Postby smiles » Mon Sep 09, 2013 1:00 pm

yeah. one thing already sold out and i'm not too broken up about it.

i reckon it wasnt meant to be. If some stuff is left two weeks from now i'll definitely consider it.

i've been shopping around a few times haven't really felt like i need to buy anything (or felt bad that i didnt buy anything) which is great progress i reckon.

草地跑過的腳印
smiles

Postby germinal » Thu Sep 19, 2013 5:59 am

i bought this yesterday

germinal
Garminlad

Postby Syeknom » Thu Sep 19, 2013 6:04 am

Ooh that looks nice, where from?

Syeknom

Postby germinal » Thu Sep 19, 2013 6:06 am

waterstones, 2nd hand

germinal
Garminlad

Postby smiles » Thu Sep 19, 2013 6:35 am

nice, bought this yesterday

草地跑過的腳印
smiles

Postby bels » Thu Sep 19, 2013 10:36 am

Less than a week to go Miles. How do you feel?

I feel sort of apath about clothes but the list of things I want to buy in my head is kind of large and expensive (Acne Vancouver, Bexley Enfields, Bunch of white shirts, white crew neck ls, white crew neck ss, black raw jeans, black non jeans) so I dunno what will become of me.

bels
Yung Winona

Postby bels » Fri Sep 27, 2013 8:33 am

Well No Cop Club season 2 went OK for me. Paid a bunch of car stuff and ate out a bit so my bank account isn't super amazing but whatever. It could be worse.

Feel in a strong position right now except that I've been going to the gym at lunchtimes, and to save time I come to work in my gym gear in the morning, and having weak gym gear is bugging me. Still have winter cop plans but I'm not going to be here for December so I feel reluctant to execute. Therefore here is my current plan:

buy another two pairs of black fruit of the loom sweatpants off amazon.
Buy 3-5 white crew neck tees (i have 0) off whoever is selling them cheapest.

This kind of stuff is in the grey zone of no cop imo, but in the end, even though I just want them for the gym and they're cheap, I do want them for aesthetic reasons so I'd say they're a combo breaker.

Either way once they're bought I'm going to try and cop freeze until January, which shouldn't be too hard because I'm not here in December. It's essentially another two months, which feels doable unless I get an incredible swole on (unlikely to occur)

Anway, that's my plan. Is anyone else participating?

bels
Yung Winona

Postby maj » Fri Sep 27, 2013 9:16 am

fully participating in the no cop, i've gotten to the point where i wake up in the morning and i have a choice of what to wear so i think i have enough clothes. i mean i was flicking through the other day and i realized i had like 7 t shirt styles to choose from alone and a variety of shoes to match, that's excluding layering shirts or sweaters, how many clothes can you actually wear? i understand some people like to have expansive wardrobes so they have like a 3 week cycle but that's just not me. may be a budget restriction of sorts but in some ways i'm glad it's like that.

if i break it for anything it's be some shitty qlo cord or denim shirt and maybe a thicker midlayer but that's it, i know it's a controversial stand for you bela but for me anything 'i need' for fear of being cold/wet/weather situation' i can let it slide and still argue that it doesn't count. want to go to berlin in dec so combine that with not actually wanting anything it's going p strong.

maj

Postby bels » Fri Sep 27, 2013 9:36 am

For the sake of this thread, define no cop however you want.

Personally I feel a nocop with caveats isn't a nocop but being an abstinence snob never won anyone any friends.

bels
Yung Winona

Postby charybdis » Fri Sep 27, 2013 12:59 pm

I think instead of doing a full no-cop because that was more or less last month, I'm going to not cop anything that isn't a neutral color and/or gray.

Because I feel like every time I buy something with a print or color I end up sad.

my mother is a kenzo fish sweater
charybdis

Postby sknss » Fri Sep 27, 2013 1:13 pm

it's the opposite for me, monochrome stuff brings me down

i haven't bought anything in a while. i think i'll treat myself to those yellow eytys if i can try them on next week

sknss
2015 Summer Camp Participant

Postby bels » Sat Sep 28, 2013 4:43 pm

Alright so no cop club season 3 is Dwindles, Majhax and I.

In an immediate assault on my resolve, someone must have returned one of those Jigsaw linen chesterfields and there's one in S for £70 on the website now.

bels
Yung Winona

PreviousNext

Return to Tags