[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
care-tags.org • View topic - retaining personal style when it is hot as fuck outside

retaining personal style when it is hot as fuck outside

Clothes

retaining personal style when it is hot as fuck outside

Postby lightfoot » Thu Aug 16, 2018 6:36 pm

this summer has been unbearable in nyc

every year i think "okay this is the year i really figure out my summer wardrobe, i'm gonna do it right this time" and then inevitably by early july i am in shorts and a tee, occasionally a button down if possible

how do u guys dress in the summer? are there ways to retain individuality and creativity when your options are lessened? if so, how?

Now I'm making 400, 600, 800k momma
To stand on my feet momma
Play these songs, it's therapy momma, they paying me momma
lightfoot

Re: retaining personal style when it is hot as fuck outside

Postby CMYK » Thu Aug 16, 2018 11:04 pm

Tis a worthless pursuit. Give in or suffer the consequences (sweat).

CMYK

Postby Julio » Fri Aug 17, 2018 12:18 am

i think the use of fewer pieces means you can really tinker with cuts/proportions and how you style the top/bottom components + are you wearing sandals or canvas shoes? maybe unlined suede or soft leather? i feel like since you only have so much to work with you'll eventually find what you like. i don't think you need to worry too much beyond figuring out what you're comfortable and happy in, be it uniqlo kando shorts and an outlier tee (not me) or a uniqlo boxy tee and cdg drop crotch shorts (me). imho a big chunk of summertime dressing is how you carry things and what little choices you end up making.
ex the latter outfit:
contrast someone in black, white, or grey boxy tee with black tropical wool or boiled poly drop crotch shorts in a pair of... knit runners or smth
and then someone in navy, white, or cream boxy tee with same shorts in denim wearing... keen uneeks, or pump furys? pretty much the same top + bottom pieces but they're two different directions it feels like

just reaching for random examples

but really what's the point of this thread when there's ?

Julio

Postby lightfoot » Fri Aug 17, 2018 10:20 am

i am an idiot and thought we were discussing the classic 2003 film "Under The Tuscan Sun" in that thread

Now I'm making 400, 600, 800k momma
To stand on my feet momma
Play these songs, it's therapy momma, they paying me momma
lightfoot

Postby rjbman » Fri Aug 17, 2018 10:24 am

was it not about mom-style fashion?

"Let's be vagabonds." - Yohji Yamamoto
rjbman

Postby popcorn » Fri Aug 17, 2018 6:41 pm

popcorn