[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 379: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
care-tags.org • View topic - Random Rhetorical Hypebeast Fashion Thoughts

Random Rhetorical Hypebeast Fashion Thoughts

Clothes

Re: ramdom fashion thoughts

Postby bels » Fri Dec 27, 2013 2:47 am

Nine months late but I just saw the kanye x APC collab on the APC site and thought it was cool. The pieces felt like some sort if hip hop capsule wardrobe

bels
Yung Winona

Postby rudy » Fri Dec 27, 2013 10:45 am

I wish it was socially acceptable to wear my high school letter jacket in college.

rudy

Postby thomaspaine » Fri Dec 27, 2013 12:24 pm

dye it black, remove the letter, and it's now a fashionable varsity jacket.

thomaspaine

Postby hot coffee » Sat Dec 28, 2013 4:06 am

Just found a extremely old Carhartt hoodie at my parents place.
Was made before they changed to their current logo.

hot coffee

Postby kewks » Sat Dec 28, 2013 6:45 am

i need to shop at other places. 97% of my wardrobe (clothes, not shoes) are from the same place! what are your favourite womens clothing shops? or men's that go down town xs.

kewks

Postby can- » Sat Dec 28, 2013 12:24 pm

is bape now a heritage brand?

can-

Postby YoungCanoeist » Sat Dec 28, 2013 4:06 pm

i'm not very excited about clothes at all anymore. i wasn't impressed by anything, from any brand, for sale in fw13.

i think part of this is looking for happiness in other things like interpersonal relationships. and part is simply having enough clothes. i don't really need more knits, more jackets, more pants, etc. it's nice, but i miss being excited about it! in the past couple weeks i've windowshopped for an hour at a time, a few times, and bought nothing.

YoungCanoeist

Postby teck » Sat Dec 28, 2013 5:43 pm

i feel you eccentrica. style-wise im in a weird place. im getting a bit tired of the rat race. i want to look cool but i either don't have the money to look cool or the time to make myself cool and therefore be cool and look cool.

still, im damn glad to be back in nyc after a little family thing in Southern California. It wasn't that there isn't any fashion in Socal, its just that it's a very specific, very Abercrombie, very "laid back" style. everyone looked like they were about to go mountain biking, or going to a car show, or come back from the beach or gym.

it was 80 degrees. better wear uggs.

had on short shorts. better put on this beanie.

flip flops everything.

SO MANY long sleeve t-shirts with logos of gardening services.

teck

Postby smiles » Sat Dec 28, 2013 5:46 pm

i've only been buying yohji,cog, and facetasm for the past few months so i guess i've slowed down as well. comfortable.

Edit: not like a bunch of each. but just limiting myself to those brands

草地跑過的腳印
smiles

Postby aucontrairearto » Sat Dec 28, 2013 6:07 pm

Can somebody school me on pleats? More specifically, how it affects the silhouette of a pair of pants.

Is the rounder top-block of these yyph pants caused by the pleats? Or is it entirely cut?

Just found a pair of dress slacks with pleats, and I want a better excuse for not wearing them than "they're unfashionable."

aucontrairearto

Postby UnwashedMolasses » Sun Dec 29, 2013 12:04 pm

My mother insists that I have "GQ style" because I own a blue blazer. I'm not mad though - when I asked about it she only knew of two men's styles, preppy and GQ. Plus she birthed me so I ain't mad.

Did receive my favorite comment so far: Kristina said I looked like a '90s mugger. Must be doin' something right.

UnwashedMolasses

Postby maj » Sun Dec 29, 2013 5:19 pm

looking through old fit pics and i really miss the way i used to dress, not all of it as some/most was absolute garbage but there were a few things. next few purchases will/have been taking that and working it in a non regretful way so i don't end with a split wardrobe again.

maj

Postby balloons » Sun Dec 29, 2013 5:27 pm

which fits specifically?

grailed --

instagram --
balloons

Postby maj » Sun Dec 29, 2013 6:07 pm

i like these

shape wise they're pretty nice as it's something different from my usual 'relaxed' style, bit more modern, i bought a couple of polos recently for a reason to break the black jeans and docs out and have another larger purchase lined up to get a bomber like jacket i'm more comfortable with length wise. looking forward till the summer when i can get something like or out as really it's some of the most comfortable clothes.

on a slightly different note i had to explain to my work mates about my 'hobby' which i usually avoid talking about unless asked but i tried a new direction and just said i liked design explaining how the bits i own all have a little story to them and or specific design features. used the example of the goggle and aitor's back history to it and explained about his stereotype's piece and why it's like it is the way it is and it went over quite well which was cool. got me thinking of how my wardrobe is almost loosely the same in that it's pretty much 4 themes (ruffruggd, hooligan, sportswear and milspec) which are all linked together through the use of recurring silhouettes which my month of waywt really helped me see, breaking it down like this has made it easier to see how i can expand my wardrobe and link some more diversity in. tend to like nailing one area down then moving on to another 'theme' and the next chapter will definitely be a mod look, fred perry, check shirts, black jeans which should all work well with my current wardrobe options.

i'm worried this post has come off as self indulgent but i don't mean it too, every few months after i get stuck in a rut i like to sit back and reflect and see what to do next. coming months should be fun :woop:

maj

Postby b4my » Sun Dec 29, 2013 7:07 pm

My friend described my style as "a friendly NPC in The World Ends With You", I was so stoked.

b4my

Postby wax » Mon Dec 30, 2013 6:40 am

wax

Postby teck » Mon Dec 30, 2013 6:43 pm

Patricia Field boutique (in NoHo has some pretty cool stuff. It's a very loud, gay style that's forward looking and subversive. but pretty cool streetwear and vintage influenced things, too.

teck

Postby omgimacarrot » Tue Dec 31, 2013 1:11 am

I've always been clean cut/pretty boy and I've been going through a fuck it phase. I'm keeping stubble, wearing less fitted clothes, and I'm loving every minute of it. If only I can get rid of my taper pants habit...

omgimacarrot

Postby navin » Thu Jan 02, 2014 12:39 am

i saw a korean dude with this uu t on new years eve. i was so jealous and surprised to see it considering where i live

navin

Postby teck » Thu Jan 02, 2014 3:15 pm

http://nyti.ms/1am1t6p

Cute vid of Iris Apfel

teck

Postby ptozzi » Thu Jan 02, 2014 8:45 pm

I'm interested in way too many brands. Feels like I'll never pinpoint my style :+(

Anyone familiar with this feeling?

ptozzi

Postby hot coffee » Thu Jan 02, 2014 10:46 pm

Just got an email a few hours ago from Nike; they accepted me as a Nike product tester. Sample shoes! :woop:

hot coffee

Postby inherently » Thu Jan 02, 2014 10:57 pm

that's so cool, how did that end up happening?

inherently

Postby hot coffee » Thu Jan 02, 2014 11:47 pm

Reading up on other forums; I guess it's considerably easier to become a tester if you wear a size 9 US.

Lucky me :woop:

hot coffee

Postby hirokinakamura » Fri Jan 03, 2014 2:33 am

I wear a size 9 US

Share your secrets man

Pretty plz?

The Loopwheel Lord, King of Sweatshirts, and consummate Watch Snob
hirokinakamura

Postby smiles » Fri Jan 03, 2014 12:13 pm

Teck: decided to keep the jacket for now. It's grown on me. Haven't bought anything since that y's coat and junya pants about a month ago. When I get back to Hong Kong I'll pick up some more facetasm I think. Or maybe some yohji pants.

草地跑過的腳印
smiles

Postby starfox64 » Sat Jan 04, 2014 12:57 pm

yo let's do some group buys

zaroki where you at?

"Authorities say the phony Pope can be recognized by his high-top sneakers and incredibly foul mouth."
starfox64

Postby parastexis » Sat Jan 04, 2014 1:50 pm

I sized up on uniqlo t shirts and feel like I never have to buy expensive t's again. Finding that perfect plain t shirt is the best feeling (smiling)

parastexis

Postby mc-lunar » Sat Jan 04, 2014 4:25 pm

Keep doing you, n&f.

Edit: damn, that really smells like mint

mc-lunar

Postby omgimacarrot » Sat Jan 04, 2014 9:36 pm

omgimacarrot

PreviousNext

Return to Tags