[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 379: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
care-tags.org • View topic - Random Rhetorical Hypebeast Fashion Thoughts

Random Rhetorical Hypebeast Fashion Thoughts

Clothes

Re: ramdom fashion thoughts

Postby thomaspaine » Sun Jan 05, 2014 3:39 am

All my knowledge of dusters comes from it's always sunny

and for some reason band of outsiders did one last year

thomaspaine

Postby thomaspaine » Sun Jan 05, 2014 9:35 pm

I stopped by the Saint Laurent boutique yesterday, just killing time waiting for a movie. The SA seemed legitimately confused that people would pay money for these clothes:

"Dude, what is this thing? Like, how are people supposed to wear this? Some of the stuff they send us is just weird..."

"Hey this coat is on sale, but it's still $10,000. lol"

I wasn't planning on buying anything so I thought he was funny. Just weird to have an SA be so candid instead of trying to convince you that a t-shirt is really worth $300.

thomaspaine

Postby wax » Sun Jan 05, 2014 10:17 pm

wax

Postby Ques » Mon Jan 06, 2014 1:12 am

I honestly can't remember, but knowing Portland, he probably did.

Ques

Postby drosselmeyer77 » Mon Jan 06, 2014 2:13 am

I have a thing for machine-washable chunky knit cardigans / sweaters because I have this impression that I can wear them harder and everything will be ok because I can throw them in the wash if something happens. The problem is that they're a lot less popular than woolen knits and finding one where I like the fit is pretty rare so now paradoxically I'm pretty careful with them. I still treat them more roughly than my woolens though.

The other day I found a mysterious stain on one of my cotton knits and I've tried hydrogen peroxide, acetone, and the household remedy of lemon + salt to get it out. It's faded a lot but still there, the hydrogen peroxide had the best results and I think another application should get it to the point where it's not really going to be noticeable anymore. Anyway, this made me realize two things:

1. Why do I have so many white / cream sweaters? This is counter-intuitive and I am dumb.
2. The crappy thing about having a relationship with your clothes is that you are going to be going through a lot of breakups. Mono no aware and all that, I guess.

drosselmeyer77

Postby hooplah » Mon Jan 06, 2014 3:38 pm

i want to live in this sweater for the rest of my life

hooplah

Postby maj » Mon Jan 06, 2014 8:46 pm

raeburn polo finally came, definitely feels like one of those utilitarian designers where the clothes are meant to be worn everyday on a small rotation/design base. although i expect that from a small designer making rebuild milsurp gear out of england, would buy from him again without a doubt.

the corners packaging is just as delightful to open as ever, that bag!

maj

Postby can- » Tue Jan 07, 2014 1:43 am

fashion isn't cyclical. the idea that the cut of jeans, trousers or suits is definitive of an era is missing a ton of information!

can-

Postby omgimacarrot » Tue Jan 07, 2014 2:14 am

omgimacarrot

Postby pips » Tue Jan 07, 2014 4:06 am

our conservative brit global ceo is coming for a visit next week and we have to be in formal business attire (which i dont have) and i have no idea what to do. godammit i dont want to buy clothes just for this.

pips

Postby starfox64 » Tue Jan 07, 2014 4:29 am

uniqlo? just buy one outfit and wear it the whole time.

or call in sick for a week.

"Authorities say the phony Pope can be recognized by his high-top sneakers and incredibly foul mouth."
starfox64

Postby Syeknom » Tue Jan 07, 2014 4:35 am

I apologise on behalf of stuffy Brits everywhere

Syeknom

Postby deadkitty » Tue Jan 07, 2014 8:17 am

credit to hunnish

deadkitty

Postby schiaparelli » Tue Jan 07, 2014 2:58 pm

heckawheel, i feel you. i have been looking enviously at fits of cool women in slightly-billowy trousers and feeling sad.

schiaparelli

Postby omgimacarrot » Tue Jan 07, 2014 5:36 pm

omgimacarrot

Postby rublev » Tue Jan 07, 2014 6:01 pm

In my experience finding good trousers is the hardest thing. I'm not really into jeans unless they're they look a bit homeless..., and even then they kinda have to be faded black / really dark grey. Dad jeans are okay i guess. But i'm still hunting for interesting trousers with a non traditional cut that aren't too wacky... and that also don't cost a fortune.

I really want some cropped Yohji or Comme pants but they're way outta my price range just now.

rublev
Political Editor

Postby BobbyZamora » Thu Jan 09, 2014 1:16 am

I've been watching the entirety of Seinfeld and now skinny jeans (including all of my jeans) look too tight every time I see them.

B)
BobbyZamora

Postby spicedreams » Fri Jan 10, 2014 1:22 am

http://bullettmedia.com/article/13-voic ... n-culture/

"We asked 13 voices in fashion, including stylists, designers, performers, and academics, to share their opinions on fashion’s appropriation of urban street style."

Good read with opinions on both sides.

spicedreams

Postby bels » Sat Jan 11, 2014 5:48 am

A bunch of my trousers (including one of my incotex pairs) seems to have got way too small for me. I'm really bummed out about this. I'm hoping it's not just getting fat and is instead me putting on some muscle but I dunno. It's kind of a bummer either way.

Expect a sales clearout from me soon.

bels
Yung Winona

Postby teck » Sat Jan 11, 2014 6:12 pm

went to the rick store and i think the SA really liked me. it helped that he and i looked alike. i felt guilty tho because i am plebe tier.

teck

Postby germinal » Sat Jan 11, 2014 9:53 pm

do you want something specific? sounds as if you want something by him just so you have something by him and that's the wrong way to go about things

germinal
Garminlad

Postby teck » Sat Jan 11, 2014 11:01 pm

i dont know, sometimes u can get something that you think is cool, even if u dont wear it, altho i agree getting something just to have it, liking checking something off a list, isn't very satisfying or productive.

in case folks care, the Rick NYC store doesn't have the tech fabric drkshdw ramones. they have these ramones that are kinda puffy (think like a laptop sleeve). i didnt like it. also the sizing is bigger. I can't put my foot into last season's ramones 42 but i could in the new season 42. it's about 2mm longer. the store also doesn't have the mainline leather ramone. kinda bewildered about their buy to be honest.

also, the rick adidas is coming in probably next week or the next. the flirty SA told me so.

finally, does anyone here have of the Rick tight pants? the kind that have ribbing behind the knee? how do they hold up over time?

teck

Postby BobbyZamora » Sun Jan 12, 2014 2:40 am

George Costanza in Thom Browne.

B)
BobbyZamora

Postby bels » Sun Jan 12, 2014 4:31 am

I went into my local and ended up talking to all the sales staff and having a great time feeling up interesting pieces. There's just a lot of cool detailing on stuff that you only realise I'm person. Plus there was some labels I'd not heard of and it was really nice to be introduced to them like that instead of by some hype beast editorial.

Anyway in the relaxed and friendly atmosphere of the store I ended up trying on and buying what is no doubt my worst purchase of 2014 and the shop has a no returns policy because shops are allowed to be shitty like that. I'm fucking done with stores. From now on all my purchases are online.

bels
Yung Winona

Postby sknss » Sun Jan 12, 2014 5:46 am

So what did you buy?

sknss
2015 Summer Camp Participant

Postby bels » Sun Jan 12, 2014 6:19 am

A black hoodie. I'll get a pic up later.

bels
Yung Winona

Postby hot coffee » Sun Jan 12, 2014 7:50 am

Finally content with my wardrobe; not saying I'm extremely fashionable or anything, but I'm finally at the point where I can throw on anything in my wardrobe and feel 100% confident. First time in my life I've felt this comfortable with my clothing, it's great.

p.s. gonna fuck up the shoe waywt tomorrow

hot coffee

Postby bels » Sun Jan 12, 2014 10:58 am

Hoodie is from a label called "Physical Novel" it's apparently a local brand. There's nothing that bad about the piece itself, it just doesn't make much sense for me to own. I was just swept away by the retail experience =[

Giant reaper style hood

bels
Yung Winona

Postby Syeknom » Sun Jan 12, 2014 11:20 am

I really like the length of that on you though

Syeknom

Postby bels » Sun Jan 12, 2014 12:34 pm

It's decent. Just not the kind of thing I expect to be spending £150 on right now.

Maybe it'll work out OK though. I'll try it out a little and see. Not going to lose much resale value just from wearing it.

bels
Yung Winona

PreviousNext

Return to Tags