[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 379: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
care-tags.org • View topic - Random Rhetorical Hypebeast Fashion Thoughts

Random Rhetorical Hypebeast Fashion Thoughts

Clothes

Re: ramdom fashion thoughts

Postby pips » Tue Jan 21, 2014 3:04 am

I think Dior Couture Spring 2014 is one of the better collections Raf designed for the label in quite some time. Usually I hate Dior collections more than I like them but this time I actually enjoyed it. There were the usual problems I have with Dior Raf-era designs, i.e. shapeless forms that to me are just unflattering instead of interesting and weird details in strange places that the design can do without, yet the things I do like about them such as gorgeous texture and unusual fabrics are in full focus. The fabrics are especially lovely, like in the white gowns with a diaphanous look that remind me of spring roll wrappers but in a good way of course. And the detailing! I like looking at the close-up shots more than the actual runway photos. The cutouts remind of those paper crafts we use to do as children, the one where you fold a piece of paper several times and cut out small bits in strategic places and when unfurled it becomes a sort of cutout patterned sheet of paper.

pips

Postby SisterRayVU » Tue Jan 21, 2014 3:34 am

Oooh I didn't look at the detail shots, but I thought the couture was poor compared to Pre-Fall or whatever :/ But maybe I have a misunderstanding about what couture is supposed to accomplish. I thought that artistically, he did more in the mini-collection than in couture.

SisterRayVU

Postby odradek » Tue Jan 21, 2014 8:30 am

odradek

Postby SisterRayVU » Tue Jan 21, 2014 3:19 pm

I looked back at F/W CD Couture and I really felt like that show was stronger. Aesthetically, I thought it had more going for it. I enjoyed the multiple layers of skirts and how it moved but I also felt like the details and 'complexities' in design or whatever were cooler. This was alright but it didn't seem as good, I just don't know how to communicate it without comparing and saying 'F/W looked better'. The detail shots made me like it more but I feel like it doesn't comport with my notions of couture.

SisterRayVU

Postby b4my » Tue Jan 21, 2014 9:09 pm

I'm starting to realize just how long this fashion thing takes, like I've been at it since last spring-ish and I keep feeling like I've kind of got a handle on it and then getting bummed because even at my absolute best I'm nowhere close to most people on here.

In a lot of ways it's actually awesome because I love feeling like I have soooo much to learn and keep me occupied for years and years but on the other hand whenever I and I really like how I look I know I'm still not good enough for the Fashion Internet.

I want to be someone who contributes good content here so badly because I think this is such an awesome awesome community and I want to give back what I can but all I can do atm is ask questions and keep buying stuff and keep learning and hopefully do it in a way that isn't irritating but furthers discussion

But I want to thank everyone for creating an environment that's both full of total experts I really admire and friendly to people who aren't because it makes me want to improve myself in such a good way instead of most other clothing websites that make people want to improve themselves through being shits to them. I feel like caretags is proof that that system works and that makes it one of the coolest places on the internet.

b4my

Postby yourdad » Wed Jan 22, 2014 1:24 am

i want a comic artist to draw me cool clothing and have a magic machine bring it to life

yourdad

Postby Vaeltaja » Wed Jan 22, 2014 3:09 am

I'm finding it interesting that I'm more or less building my wardrobe based on what I need to have according to my current wardrobe. For instance, I bought Guidi boots. My wardrobe couldn't/still can't properly support those boots without generally seeming out of place. This makes me try to buy more stuff that works with those boots. I recently got derbies and I now just realize how much I want a blazer, should get dressier pants, and really really really need a white buttondown shirt.

Everything can be found in time, except that damn button shirt though. Every white buttonup/down I've tried on has translucent and I hate undershirts.

Wanna redneck? I'll do him an egg. NO SYMPY!
<Reverend> IRC is just multiplayer notepad.
Vaeltaja

Postby balloons » Wed Jan 22, 2014 4:02 am

I feel like I remember an old made-for-television disney movie that featured a teenage girl with some computer program that was essentially a touchscreen wardrobe. it displayed a shirt, pants, shoes, and she could swipe individual garms away to replace them with other stuff she owned. the movie portrayed this as very futuristic but it doesn't sound very unattainable these days. I wonder if it exists.

grailed --

instagram --
balloons

Postby starfox64 » Wed Jan 22, 2014 5:47 am

"Authorities say the phony Pope can be recognized by his high-top sneakers and incredibly foul mouth."
starfox64

Postby jrisk » Wed Jan 22, 2014 8:10 am

balloons, pretty sure you're talking about Clueless!

jrisk

Postby rublev » Wed Jan 22, 2014 11:21 am

.....i bought that henrik vibskov cape thing.... we'll see...

rublev
Political Editor

Postby hamburgerlady » Wed Jan 22, 2014 7:04 pm

hamburgerlady

Postby nick » Wed Jan 22, 2014 7:36 pm

nick
Eminent Eminem

Postby hamburgerlady » Wed Jan 22, 2014 7:58 pm

hamburgerlady

Postby rjbman » Wed Jan 22, 2014 8:18 pm

"Let's be vagabonds." - Yohji Yamamoto
rjbman

Postby nick » Wed Jan 22, 2014 8:21 pm

nick
Eminent Eminem

Postby starfox64 » Wed Jan 22, 2014 9:06 pm

I think you are overvaluing the influence of internet fashion boards on the way that people dress.

"Authorities say the phony Pope can be recognized by his high-top sneakers and incredibly foul mouth."
starfox64

Postby nick » Wed Jan 22, 2014 10:37 pm

nick
Eminent Eminem

Postby hamburgerlady » Wed Jan 22, 2014 10:45 pm

hamburgerlady

Postby rjbman » Thu Jan 23, 2014 1:08 am

Can't even button up my Unbrandeds anymore :???: Didn't even get great fades out of them.

Wondering what to do with them now? Keep in hope they fit after I cut? Give to a friend? Sell on c-t, ebay, etc?

"Let's be vagabonds." - Yohji Yamamoto
rjbman

Postby teck » Thu Jan 23, 2014 1:33 pm

with regards to people's moms: yea i think fashion boards are playing an increasingly large role in influencing. brands realize that blogs, etc have increasing reach with certain demos, altho nothing hits as hard and as big as a few good movie placements and a mail order catalog.

teck

Postby teck » Thu Jan 23, 2014 1:34 pm

Protip: want to see some interesting fits? skip soho and go to a small museum and watch patrons. I recommend PS1. Or new museum*

*new museum is sort of cheating since its adjacent to soho

teck

Postby smiles » Fri Jan 24, 2014 1:22 am

Lotta weird/tumblr looking people at the Gaultier exhibition in the Brooklyn museum

草地跑過的腳印
smiles

Postby maj » Fri Jan 24, 2014 5:43 am

just bought my summer wardrobe and calculating the total made me realize how dangerous it is to spend money online, you just don't feel like it's real money. you just see numbers on your bank statement and more numbers on your receipts and just assume they gave it to you for free after the swapping of these numbers, forgetting that it's a physical thing and holds significant value. slippery slope.

maj

Postby grippers » Fri Jan 24, 2014 8:07 am

2 years of mindless fashion browsing unexpectedly paid off during my English oral commentary

Knowing that linen is a summer material and that flannel is rough really comes in handy when you're trying to over-analyzing The Great Gatsby

grippers

Postby panda » Fri Jan 24, 2014 9:42 pm

Ervell SS is up!!!

panda

Postby bels » Sat Jan 25, 2014 4:59 pm

I've come to terms with the fact that I'm a 32 inch waist now. My internal organs can't thank me enough.

bels
Yung Winona

Postby can- » Sat Jan 25, 2014 5:42 pm

roommate's website is up - http://www.anna-stephenson.com/ , really nice photoshoot of her graduating collection

can-

Postby venilla » Sun Jan 26, 2014 1:14 am

i dont know if we have a DIY thread, but i just bleached my prewashed apc's.

tried to get something similar to the stonewashed jeans patrik ervell makes:

venilla

Postby ramseames » Sun Jan 26, 2014 8:41 am

What do we think of people who buy multiple items from a single collection and then style the items the same way as the lookbook did?

ramseames

PreviousNext

Return to Tags