[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 379: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
care-tags.org • View topic - Random Rhetorical Hypebeast Fashion Thoughts

Random Rhetorical Hypebeast Fashion Thoughts

Clothes

Re: ramdom fashion thoughts

Postby hharrissonn » Thu Feb 06, 2014 3:45 pm

been very unsatisfied with my wardrobe lately, i feel like everything i wear is the same. no money to move it in the direction i want.

saw a dude with a wtaps hoodie on campus yesterday, realized my sweatshirt game is lacking.

ig: hharrissonn
tumblr: dyetransfer.tumblr.com
hharrissonn
Look Arena Champion

Postby ramseames » Fri Feb 07, 2014 7:21 am

Saw some of their ladies stuff in a shop in osaka and instantly thought of you. Spent ages trying to find their site until I realized that they're a jpy revival of an old french brand and don't have a .fr page. Pricing almost seems too good to be true, its all MIJ and feels super, super solid. Especially like the round collar workers jackets/blazers:

ramseames

Postby smiles » Fri Feb 07, 2014 8:30 am

Apc women's is so much better than apc men's.

草地跑過的腳印
smiles

Postby ramseames » Fri Feb 07, 2014 9:27 am

Guy in a leopard print ma1 just came up to me in Shibuya and asked if I'd want to be a model for his brand.

ramseames

Postby bels » Fri Feb 07, 2014 9:35 am

PM Starfox64 for advice x help.

bels
Yung Winona

Postby ramseames » Fri Feb 07, 2014 10:25 am

I was down but I'm leaving in 8 days and he needs someone who lives here apparently. So no dice.

ramseames

Postby smiles » Fri Feb 07, 2014 10:35 am

Was it in Starbucks in the main shibuya crossing area? Cause the same thing happened to me lol.

草地跑過的腳印
smiles

Postby ptozzi » Fri Feb 07, 2014 2:48 pm

Are there any brands that make cool iron-on patches?

ptozzi

Postby RomanEmpire » Fri Feb 07, 2014 2:53 pm

I didn't want the weather to get warmer because I like layering and stuff like that, but now that it's gotten really cold I've resorted to wearing the same thing for several days straight and want it to warm up so I can wear some of my lighter jackets. I wish I had more jackets

RomanEmpire

Postby balloons » Fri Feb 07, 2014 3:47 pm

is it worth holding out for your grail if it only seems more and more unlikely that you'll ever find it?

been hunting for margaret howell x converse black hi tops for a short while now. they were released in 2011 and I think only in Japan (not sure about that last part) and 10.5 isn't a very common size from what I've seen. maybe I could DIY a pair by scraping off the rubber on the front and soaking them in water or something.

grailed --

instagram --
balloons

Postby yourdad » Fri Feb 07, 2014 3:57 pm

it's been dropping below zero in the evening this past week and the new winter uniform for the asian guys on campus seems to be canada goose, jeans, and uggs.

yourdad

Postby RomanEmpire » Fri Feb 07, 2014 10:58 pm

RomanEmpire

Postby bueno » Sat Feb 08, 2014 8:16 am

Is it just me or do these look pretty similar to raf x adidas

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Running-Shoes ... 5af6c035a7

bueno

Postby deadkitty » Sat Feb 08, 2014 9:11 am

that's the point

deadkitty

Postby jrisk » Sat Feb 08, 2014 1:13 pm

ln-cc shared this pretty cool picture on twitter which I guess is inspired by RED

jrisk

Postby hmwut » Sat Feb 08, 2014 1:27 pm

source

hmwut

Postby eskdc » Sat Feb 08, 2014 9:22 pm

I like thinking about fashion abstractly, but I still have no interest in learning about designers and brands. I guess I'm destined to be forever a plebe.

eskdc

Postby Syeknom » Sun Feb 09, 2014 5:48 am

Don't talk in or think in those terms - we're just guys and girls who like clothes. Everything else is just noise. That kind of "level" mentality is poisonous internet codswallop.

Syeknom

Postby eskdc » Sun Feb 09, 2014 10:34 am

haha, it was mostly tongue in cheek. I do think I am on the same "level" as anyone else, whatever that means. However, t I find myself looking up brands and designers purely as a way to beef up my fashion vocabulary, just so the abstract ramblings in my head have something to express themselves in the real world, rather than any inherent interest in the brands and designers themselves.

I could also learn to draw, which I think would help immensely

eskdc

Postby smiles » Sun Feb 09, 2014 10:57 am

No one has ever said "man I really wish I never learned to draw"

草地跑過的腳印
smiles

Postby Catfush » Sun Feb 09, 2014 2:33 pm

I don't think you need to have a 'fashion vocabulary' to consider yourself immersed in the world of fashion. As with anything, there are so many different facets to this little hobby of ours and people choose to approach it from different angles. For example, people like Syeknom could be considered more along the lines of the 'academics' (for lack of a better word) of the internet fashion sphere. His passion for clothes seemingly (at least in part) goes beyond just wearing them; he seems to enjoy learning about designers and tracing their sartorial histories (this is kind of speculation, so please correct me if I'm wrong). But I don't think he does this to get a 'fashion vocabulary', I would just guess that he gets intrinsic fulfillment from it.

On the flip side, I think there is a more instinctual side that people like to explore (this isn't to say that Syeknom doesn't have an inherent ability to determine what he likes, he just compliments his instinct with knowledge). I don't really care about what designers are doing and, while I find the history interesting, I don't really have a great desire to explore it. I don't think I'm any less involved in fashion, I just have a different way of approaching it.

I think your insecurities (for lack of a better word) stem from this culture that has been birthed out of fashion boards. The poisonous one-upmanship and psuedo-intellectual dick measuring contests over who can spout the most designer trivia. But the truth is, we all share a common interest here and I don't think you'll ever see any of the bullshit that appears on many other fashion boards. So be comfortable with where you're at, we're all friends here.

Catfush

Postby bels » Sun Feb 09, 2014 3:35 pm

Went into The North Face shop here. Womens had way less offensive branding than mens. Really nice parka w/zip out lining, no logo except for a little square tab on the side. Lots of other women's stuff had blacked out logos etc. I know TNF has cred but I still don't really want the logo.

bels
Yung Winona

Postby odradek » Sun Feb 09, 2014 6:38 pm

weirdly gutted i missed the gilapple

odradek

Postby okayfruit » Sun Feb 09, 2014 11:27 pm

today i studied in a really sunny part of the library and i regretted that i chose to wear mostly black and that i could not take off my pants in public.

okayfruit

Postby starfox64 » Mon Feb 10, 2014 12:33 am

"Authorities say the phony Pope can be recognized by his high-top sneakers and incredibly foul mouth."
starfox64

Postby odradek » Mon Feb 10, 2014 12:38 am

of course they are, doesn't mean i didn't want one

odradek

Postby teck » Mon Feb 10, 2014 4:59 pm

whenever i see other people wearing lots of rick stuff or with rick shoes i dont know whether or not to acknowledge them.

i saw a few on the train today and one smiled at me but was it a knowing "nice one brah" smile or a "heh we're victims" smile. also weird because if anyone smiles at you on the train usually it means something very bad is about to happen.

teck

Postby greggy » Mon Feb 10, 2014 5:27 pm

my mom approved of my sidian ersatz & vanes shirt

I'm now scared that it's going to be totally uncool

greggy

Postby can- » Mon Feb 10, 2014 5:37 pm

can-

Postby bels » Mon Feb 10, 2014 7:31 pm

Every couple of weeks I have an existential crisis about tees under blazers