[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 379: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 379: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
care-tags.org • View topic - Random Rhetorical Hypebeast Fashion Thoughts

Random Rhetorical Hypebeast Fashion Thoughts

Clothes

Re: ramdom fashion thoughts

Postby ramseames » Sat Feb 15, 2014 8:59 am

Is there a non reprehensible way to dress kids fashionably or is it too tied to the fact that you're using them as an accessory for it to be alright? Apc kids stuff got me thinking about this.

ramseames

Postby purkinje » Sat Feb 15, 2014 12:56 pm

apc is an upscaled gap kids. only problem is that with a price tag like that they'd get outgrown/destroyed pretty fast.

a disaster is a terrible thing to waste
purkinje

Postby charybdis » Sat Feb 15, 2014 1:10 pm

Snow is cool and all, but I can't wait for summer since I am basically the sartorial equivalent of this kid:

my mother is a kenzo fish sweater
charybdis

Postby odradek » Sat Feb 15, 2014 2:08 pm

everyone knows uc kids is best kids

odradek

Postby kyung » Sat Feb 15, 2014 2:30 pm

is it a play on how uc would be pronounced in japan

unduckover

KIMCHI SLAP

_( :⁍ 」 )_
kyung

Postby rudy » Sat Feb 15, 2014 2:44 pm

I bought a mac coat and now my friends are calling me the hippest flasher on campus.

rudy

Postby agvs » Sat Feb 15, 2014 4:23 pm

I don't think its reprehensible to dress your kids fashionably but it is a huge waste of money. Kids outgrow stuff so fast and ruin all their clothing with food, piss, shit, blood, vomit and general clumsiness. On top of that I just want my kids to be comfortable so it's mostly just sweatpants and cotton tees.

agvs

Postby thomaspaine » Sat Feb 15, 2014 7:39 pm

Burlap sacks. I want my kids uncomfortable and unfashionable so they get made fun. Builds character.

thomaspaine

Postby IsaiahSchafer » Sat Feb 15, 2014 8:55 pm

A couple fashion thoughts that have been on my mind.. How many of you feel limited in achieving goals in fashion by where they live? Like the designers you want to wear won't fly in the suburbs? Do you let that stop you? Should I let that stop me?

Las Vegas is, so far, the fashion atrocity capitol of the world. I realize I'm seeing a very select group of tourists, but even peeking into high roller rooms and the like, square toed shoes, true religion jeans, and shiny black shirts as far as the eye can see. If not that, it's shirts that don't cover their entire stomach and baggy cargo shorts.

There was an employee of the AllSaint's that was dressed really cool with cropped black pants and layered black/white tees.

IsaiahSchafer

Postby swatfishy » Sat Feb 15, 2014 9:13 pm

my schools fashun/ art/ dance/ art show

live now 8 pm est - was going to go but it costs clothes money

http://new.livestream.com/cmuTVlive/lunargala2014

swatfishy

Postby ramseames » Sun Feb 16, 2014 4:10 am

ramseames

Postby sidewalk » Sun Feb 16, 2014 4:33 am

yo i just gave you 3 rep on the same comment

sidewalk

Postby Dobwin » Sun Feb 16, 2014 11:25 am

I've been really loving the goth ninja / cyber punk aesthetic recently. Anyone know of any good places that sell that kind of thing in London? I never get to see anything of this stuff in person given that I live in a tiny town.

Dobwin

Postby Syeknom » Sun Feb 16, 2014 12:22 pm

Layers-London

Hostem

Rick Owens store

Dover Street Market

Y-3 (kinda)

Vertice

Syeknom

Postby IsaiahSchafer » Sun Feb 16, 2014 12:42 pm

IsaiahSchafer

Postby Mippipopolous » Sun Feb 16, 2014 3:35 pm

Well, it's hard to really gauge Vegas if you're on the Strip. If you're spending your time there you've probably seen around 90 or 95% tourists. I highly doubt anyone's giving you looks though; when I was just driving down Las Vegas Boulevard last month I saw three Minions from Despicable Me, a gay cowboy in booty shorts, and a guy in a full-on Joker getup walking by one street corner. Nothing registers in that place. Outside of the Strip, which is very garish and all over the place, Vegas people tend to dress just like your average people from the West Coast. Not great, but better than where I am in the Midwest at any rate.

Mippipopolous

Postby RomanEmpire » Sun Feb 16, 2014 3:47 pm

My wardrobe is so basic and boring, and I really really want to change that

RomanEmpire

Postby McOdsen » Sun Feb 16, 2014 3:48 pm

Mippi's comment above got me thinking: what's the worst dressed region in the US?

My godson will be there
McOdsen

Postby SweetJavaBrown » Sun Feb 16, 2014 4:18 pm

I don't think it's fair to think about who dresses the worst because clothes are so subjective to begin with, plus a vast majority of the US population have no interest in dressing above average. Also, it's just a crappy thing to do to consider what the worst dressed region is.

SweetJavaBrown

Postby RomanEmpire » Sun Feb 16, 2014 4:47 pm

That's true, but I think there are some regions that are overall more interested in fashion, so they're better dressed than other regions. I don't think trying to find the worst dressed region would even be possible, because a lot of regions are probably all about equal considering a majority doesn't care about how they dress. Finding the best dressed region would be a lot more plausible though

RomanEmpire

Postby bueno » Sun Feb 16, 2014 5:05 pm

might be time to stop wearing my unbranded raws:

(if you can't tell that's a bruise on upper thigh from wearing them)

bueno

Postby balloons » Sun Feb 16, 2014 5:11 pm

damn, how far did you size down?

grailed --

instagram --
balloons

Postby prawnzee » Sun Feb 16, 2014 5:22 pm

got a lot of bruises from breaking in jb0206, still quite tight after a month
love the struggle

prawnzee

Postby McOdsen » Sun Feb 16, 2014 8:10 pm

I agree that it is wrong to judge the people based on not caring about what they wear; however, each region has its own typical dress code for the people who don't care, and I was thinking more what is the "worst" (I could probably find a better word for this) of these forms is. Apologies if my original wording sounded arrogant or hasty.

I assume the best dressed region would be NYC?

My godson will be there
McOdsen

Postby maj » Sun Feb 16, 2014 8:29 pm

could easily have a wardrobe filled with raeburn and nothing else, big man just updated his webstore and it's all :woop:

http://shop.christopherraeburn.co.uk/collections/ss14

if it goes on as deep sale as it did last time round will be rich pickings, the bag and the tees are great and if i could snag another jacket for sub 300 it would be unreal. hoping he adds his usual parachute pack away and the track jacket to the site too.

cp company updated their store too and whacked up another set of great goggle jackets in different materials and stuff, the t shirt with the goggle print on the back is rather funny.

http://www.cpcompany.co.uk/

there is also this great si tee i would like

hope it all makes it to the sales as i don't feel like buying anything just yet.

maj

Postby smiles » Sun Feb 16, 2014 10:33 pm

Anyone else get that feeling when they want to sell like 80% of their wardrobe? I hate that feeling.

草地跑過的腳印
smiles

Postby smiles » Sun Feb 16, 2014 10:49 pm

I know in theory that I like all my facetasm stuff but it just seems so boring now.

草地跑過的腳印
smiles

Postby Vaeltaja » Sun Feb 16, 2014 11:47 pm

Wanna redneck? I'll do him an egg. NO SYMPY!
<Reverend> IRC is just multiplayer notepad.
Vaeltaja

Postby wiggly--woo » Mon Feb 17, 2014 7:53 am

on the topic of raeburn, I've been trying to inject more British stuff into my wardrobe recently but C. Raeburn is one of those designers that I really wish I liked but I don't. He seems like a cool guy in interviews, and I like his ideas and the whole military thing, and I actually own and love one of his t-shirts, but everytime I see his collection it just never seems to catch my eye. I can't really put my finger on any specific reason either because I do like the overall aesthetic I just can't get attracted to any of the pieces. his stuff takes pride of place alongside lady gaga in my list of things that I don't find attractive but have no idea why not. plus, i'm really tempted to get some of his map print stuff but I can't because it'd be too cliche/awkward for a geography student to literally wear a map.

wiggly--woo

Postby Syeknom » Mon Feb 17, 2014 7:56 am

No sense in forcing something like that. Keep an eye on his collections and maybe something will catch your interest maybe not.

This may sound odd coming from me but don't do the whole "consciously adding British designer stuff" thing unless those designers and their work actually really speak to you. Nationality isn't as important as the product.

Syeknom

PreviousNext

Return to Tags