[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 379: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 379: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
care-tags.org • View topic - Random Rhetorical Hypebeast Fashion Thoughts

Random Rhetorical Hypebeast Fashion Thoughts

Clothes

Re: ramdom fashion thoughts

Postby teck » Tue Mar 11, 2014 1:58 pm

wearing the comfiest clothes i have after four days at SXSW and being cold, wet, and on my feet almost all day. wore my hakamas and rick shoes around and actually no one cared because i think tech people are either too busy reading things about google glass or are just more open minded folks.

however, now i dont want to waer my fashiony stuff because again nothing is as comfy as some running shoes and big pants

teck

Postby starfox64 » Tue Mar 11, 2014 9:56 pm

quick s/s guide: wear whatever you want

"Authorities say the phony Pope can be recognized by his high-top sneakers and incredibly foul mouth."
starfox64

Postby JonjoShelvey » Wed Mar 12, 2014 3:00 am

new MODEL FILES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! i love preston.

[youtube]watch?v=csrZvT4Ajis[/youtube]

JonjoShelvey

Postby JonjoShelvey » Wed Mar 12, 2014 3:27 pm

JonjoShelvey

Postby Thomnd » Wed Mar 12, 2014 4:02 pm

Thomnd

Postby teck » Wed Mar 12, 2014 4:06 pm

seeing models in real life is freaky. they stand out so obviously from even other good looking people because of their height and thinness. like urban giraffes.

teck

Postby sidewalk » Wed Mar 12, 2014 10:55 pm

edit

Last edited by sidewalk on Tue Jul 03, 2018 3:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
sidewalk

Postby camping jazz » Wed Mar 12, 2014 11:41 pm

camping jazz

Postby RomanEmpire » Thu Mar 13, 2014 1:31 am

At first I was dreading the approach of s/s because I hate the heat and love layering, but now I can't wait. I used to think it was s/s was so boring but over the past month or so I've been getting really excited about it, and now I want to buy so much stuff when I originally didn't plan on getting very much.

RomanEmpire

Postby smiles » Thu Mar 13, 2014 1:18 pm

Black Eytys or old skools?

Or gosha vans if I can find them.

草地跑過的腳印
smiles

Postby hunnish » Thu Mar 13, 2014 1:27 pm

chance in overalls

hunnish

Postby iamacyborg » Thu Mar 13, 2014 2:19 pm

I'm quite enjoying the novelty of not having to think about what to wear for work and just throwing a suit on.

iamacyborg

Postby ptozzi » Thu Mar 13, 2014 4:58 pm

I want a coach's jacket.

I want to wear less black.

ptozzi

Postby prawnzee » Thu Mar 13, 2014 5:15 pm

+8c
sun
wore jeans, t-shirt and leather jacket. sweating. spring is amazing

too bad it's going back to -10c next week

:sweg:

prawnzee

Postby Woland » Thu Mar 13, 2014 6:43 pm

Woland

Postby maj » Fri Mar 14, 2014 11:44 am

it's the little things

maj

Postby camping jazz » Fri Mar 14, 2014 9:09 pm

as someone who leads a pretty uncool life in a pretty uncool city sometimes i feel like i'm just dressing for myself (and for the internet, of course) (and that's ok)

but i like to entertain the thought that this phase of my life is good 'training' for when i do make it somewhere bigger and better. i'm gonna show up already on point, having made the worst of my blunders in front of an audience of people who don't actually care :ugeek:

but ultimately nobody anywhere probably cares anyway

camping jazz

Postby sunblam » Sat Mar 15, 2014 12:13 am

I think I am having a pre-birthday midlife fashion crisis. I feel like I need to be less serious about how I dress. I also feel like I need to wear colors and not dress so tough all the time.

aaaaahhhhhhhh

edit//I am also over shift dresses.

Hello hello
I love you I love you
(maybe)
sunblam

Postby Whype » Sat Mar 15, 2014 12:21 am

There are some French exchange students spending a couple of weeks at my highschool and I got to eat lunch with a few today. We just talked about culture differences and stuff like that. Clothing got brought up and i asked what was one thing that stood out about how Americans dress. He said, very matter of factly, "In France, we only wear running shoes for running. If you don't care how you look, you will be judged.." That may sound snobby in text but they way he said was chill. Thought it was interesting considering he was wearing a Brooklyn We Go Hard Sweatshirt (The "Brooklyn Parle Francais" one) They spend a couple days in NYC at the end of their trip before going back to France. I wonder what they'd say after seeing that culture... (smiling)

Whype

Postby eskdc » Sat Mar 15, 2014 10:15 pm

Walking around the mall today and was surprised how much I actually liked the shoe game. Milpitas, CA, you got some nice kicks. I almost got excited because I thought I saw footscapes, but they turned out to be Puma knockoffs

eskdc

Postby Vaeltaja » Sun Mar 16, 2014 3:46 am

Apparently I'm a bit late on trends. I've been wanting a (black) leather espadrille recently, and apparently the Castaner and espadrillestore.com used to sell them, just not now. Castaner in particular had a really cool one that was black with a black jute or something. Fun looking slip on but retailed for like 180 or something (some places were selling for like 90ish). You guys know any places where I can find a leather espadrille. Probably wouldn't want to spend more than $100 unless it's super cool.

Otherwise I'll just buy a white espadrille somewhere, but black leather just sounds awesome.

Wanna redneck? I'll do him an egg. NO SYMPY!
<Reverend> IRC is just multiplayer notepad.
Vaeltaja

Postby eufemism » Mon Mar 17, 2014 10:05 am

getting some <$100 shoes for the summer. i have it down to old skools, black vans slip ons, and doc martens boots. any other options? right now i'm leaning towards doc martens.

show me the hoe fax
eufemism

Postby hooplah » Mon Mar 17, 2014 3:12 pm

l'wren scott passed away (suicide). she was super tall, like over six feet. worked as a stylist and then became a designer (feels weird because i distinctly remember her first collection). she is/was mick jagger's girlfriend. she had a very consistent design aesthetic--power clothes for tall power women.

hooplah

Postby iamacyborg » Mon Mar 17, 2014 5:17 pm

Sister's bf is starting up his own label, starting up with making leather jackets, he's been at the fashion biz for a while, so he's got contacts and knows what he's doing.

Anyway, he asked to borrow my ToJ ma1 to get a basic pattern, I went with him earlier today to his leather wholesaler (who also supplies ClothSurgeon) and ended up also going in to get an exact copy of my current jacket in a really nice black Nubuck for around £200 including materials and labour. Going to have to go back there to get more stuff made for sure.

Dude at the leather shop was surprised when I told him where my jacket was made, said the craftsmanship was one of the best he's seen, but also pointed out quite a few errors and bits of sloppy stitching. He also pointed out that the YKK zip on my ToJ was probably a fake due to it missing some distinguishing marks :/

Anyway, black nubuck jacket with midnight blue lining is going to be baller.

/edit

One of CS' jackets with black nubuck body.

Last edited by iamacyborg on Mon Mar 17, 2014 5:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
iamacyborg

Postby Vaeltaja » Mon Mar 17, 2014 5:23 pm

Ovate's new stuff dropped today. Really liking it.

Wanna redneck? I'll do him an egg. NO SYMPY!
<Reverend> IRC is just multiplayer notepad.
Vaeltaja

Postby maj » Mon Mar 17, 2014 5:38 pm

what's the leather like ? is it nice stuff.

maj

Postby iamacyborg » Mon Mar 17, 2014 5:40 pm

Yup, feels really nice. I was hesitating between a black goat suede and the nubuck, but the nubuck had a nicer hand feel to it. The guy also had some heavy brown lamb that almost felt as soft as the ToJ lamb, said he could order black in too.

Again, it'd only cost around £100-150 in materials, labour isn't much more above that.

iamacyborg

Postby bels » Mon Mar 17, 2014 5:55 pm

Well I wish I'd known that before I put down my TOJ money

bels
Yung Winona

Postby iamacyborg » Mon Mar 17, 2014 5:59 pm

I should get this in a couple weeks, only about 15 minutes walk from work, so I'll talk to the dude again about maybe getting a lamb sample and pass deets to you dudes.

iamacyborg

Postby Renalan » Mon Mar 17, 2014 6:03 pm

will u become the mystery jacket proxy?!

Renalan

PreviousNext

Return to Tags