[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 379: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 379: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
care-tags.org • View topic - Random Rhetorical Hypebeast Fashion Thoughts

Random Rhetorical Hypebeast Fashion Thoughts

Clothes

Re: ramdom fashion thoughts

Postby teck » Mon Mar 24, 2014 3:09 pm

in my quest for long black clothes, im legit thinking about buying a black lab coat.

teck

Postby RycePooding » Mon Mar 24, 2014 4:24 pm

I won this pair of shorts on eBay. It's taken my mind to places. I can imagine myself wearing nothing but them (commando, u kno) laying by a pond with a tobacco pipe casually hanging off the edge of my mouth, friends chatting around me, maybe passing a bottle of wine around. When the time is ripe, I will leave them crumpled next to the empty bottle of wine to swim around in the pond a little bit, look at sun as it wanes into nothingness.

The perfect early summer day.

BUT ITS STILL FUCKING WINTER.

RycePooding

Postby teck » Tue Mar 25, 2014 2:34 pm

I wrote this piece for Hyphen Magazine, an Asian American culture/politics blog.

Those of you who know me will have heard my line of reasoning before.

http://hyphenmagazine.com/blog/archive/ ... e-activism

Enjoy.

teck

Postby rjbman » Tue Mar 25, 2014 5:36 pm

There is 0 black clothes (well except the hat band). teck, I gotta ask. Are you holding fitpics out on us?

"Let's be vagabonds." - Yohji Yamamoto
rjbman

Postby RomanEmpire » Tue Mar 25, 2014 6:12 pm

Went to a Schoolboy Q concert yesterday, there were bucket hats everywhere. Now I want one.

RomanEmpire

Postby hamburgerlady » Tue Mar 25, 2014 8:56 pm

hamburgerlady

Postby bels » Wed Mar 26, 2014 3:21 am

What store is that

bels
Yung Winona

Postby Bruno4 » Wed Mar 26, 2014 5:11 am

I am such a fashion freak that my mind always used to find creative ideas of fashion. Last week I got and matching sandals which are looking fabulous. I loved the color combination.

Bruno4

Postby Bobbin.Threadbare » Wed Mar 26, 2014 6:56 am

FYI for anyone committing to wearing a rayon shirt every day: Unless you live in a dry cleaners you are either going to be very smelly or have a water damaged and crumpled shirt.

Bobbin.Threadbare

Postby thomaspaine » Wed Mar 26, 2014 12:20 pm

I was in nyc last weekend and hung out with . We were heading over to the Thom Browne store in tribeca and stopped in at a starbucks to use the bathroom. As we're waiting a barista comes up to us and starts chatting us up about what we're wearing. The barista tells us that Thom Browne store is closed on Sundays, so we didn't go.

Takeaways:

1. Neither of us have been to the Thom Browne store yet.

2. In NYC, even the baristas at starbucks are more fashionable than 99% of the people I know in real life.

3. 5 minutes earlier we were talking about how we don't know how non-rich people afford this shit. We do ok but neither of us feel particularly rich. Starbucks guy then tells us about all the Thom pieces he owns.

thomaspaine

Postby thomaspaine » Wed Mar 26, 2014 2:39 pm

I emailed you but you didn't respond!

thomaspaine

Postby can- » Wed Mar 26, 2014 3:51 pm

i did not get this email you bick!!!

can-

Postby purkinje » Wed Mar 26, 2014 3:54 pm

been slaving away to save for a sisp fishtail and the week I have enough cash to buy it it's off ebay >:(

a disaster is a terrible thing to waste
purkinje

Postby Ampere » Wed Mar 26, 2014 8:02 pm

That Stephan Schneider Frozen Waves re-issue is making me cry deeply that I won't have the money by the time pre-orders close :(

Ampere

Postby parastexis » Wed Mar 26, 2014 8:28 pm

Been thinking about the dissonance between the way we present how we dress on the internet vs real life, specifically within the context of waywt. We obsess over tiny details, cohesiveness, how these shoes match, how pants break, etc of one outfit but how does it actually translate into how we wear our clothes daily. I have some clothes where I really only have one or two outfits where it really works, but in day to day life I'll just slap it on without a ton of thought (or force a meh fit for the sake of variety) and I wouldn't want to post those fits online. But that's really who I am. WAYWT posts that show what one wore over an entire week or even month feel a lot less phony to me in that respect. Of course posting to show off a good fit is fine and dandy but it's us showing off our styling skills more than our style.

I guess this stems from a couple weeks ago when I wore a cool uc jacket with really ugly (and not even cool ugly, just ugly) gym clothes. There are those purists on the internet who will say, "oh you're not doing that piece justice" when you where something internet cool with basics. Good thing they didn't get a load of me that day.

parastexis

Postby IsaiahSchafer » Wed Mar 26, 2014 9:07 pm

Thinking about starting college 4 years later after all my peers- my community college offers a 5 semester course in fashion design. I'm sure I'd learn a lot, I'm also pretty sure that no one would be interested in hiring someone with a degree from a community college. idk. I just want to be able to say I study fashion academically ;)

IsaiahSchafer

Postby Blastoise » Thu Mar 27, 2014 12:27 am

Blastoise

Postby can- » Thu Mar 27, 2014 7:21 am

Prada and jil sander are the same brand

can-

Postby germinal » Thu Mar 27, 2014 8:39 am

Whilst there has been overlap over the years, particularly when the former owned the latter in the early 00s, you're being daft if you can't see the differences. Both were concerned - and still are in prada's case (i'm not sure jil sander has any real brand direction left at this point but that's for another time) - with the empowerment of women through luxury fashion: Miuccia was famously a member of the communist party and involved in women's rights activism and Jil basically invented businesslesbian chic. but they approached this empowerment completely differently. prada has always had an eye for the outrageous and the ornamental and a healthy dose of italian bad taste - see her recent obsessions with fur and and jewels, her ongoing love for the history of european and 20th century american bourgeois dress. flapper dresses, prussian imperial clothing, luxury favela wear... she's done it all and she did it first. her collections are also always highly conceptual, even if the concept is esoteric and difficult to parse by the time it makes it to the runway. All this while building a business empire that makes jil sander look small-fry in comparison. Jil Sander on the other hand is much more focussed, reductionist. it's probably easier to say what 90s jil sander wasn't. never as sexy as calvin klein, never as avant garde or as futurist as helmut lang, nor looking to the past as much as prada. relentlessly modern (which is why the stuff from the nineties looks really dated: everyone buy it now for that 90s revivalist cool). This makes the way raf simons (or his team) expanded the design language of jil sander all the more impressive imo - a lot of what is associated with the brand now is his (their) doing, and, if anything, has left the brand ideologically closer to Celine than Prada.

germinal
Garminlad

Postby maj » Thu Mar 27, 2014 11:20 am

Now I can wear reeboks and be considerd on trend by the masses and a hipster in an ellese tee, is it safe for me to pop my polo collar when the weather warms up??

maj

Postby Vaeltaja » Thu Mar 27, 2014 11:35 am

Wanna redneck? I'll do him an egg. NO SYMPY!
<Reverend> IRC is just multiplayer notepad.
Vaeltaja

Postby can- » Thu Mar 27, 2014 12:52 pm

life is too short to leave collars unpopped

can-

Postby bobo77 » Thu Mar 27, 2014 1:58 pm

bobo77

Postby freddy » Thu Mar 27, 2014 5:08 pm

et al.

i got out-bidded and the bid was pushing the limits of the funds I had. i am forever sad ;_;

freddy

Postby purkinje » Thu Mar 27, 2014 9:30 pm

if any of you new yorkers happens by supreme and finds a blue pit crew shirt in M I'll pay extra for it, online store sold out in my size

a disaster is a terrible thing to waste
purkinje

Postby teck » Fri Mar 28, 2014 3:01 pm

hung out with some friends of a friend, many of whom work in fashion in some way. it was relieving to know that everyone is insecure and generally sick of the vacuous, vitriolic posturing of most mens fashion "journalism".

also, legit had a dream that all of the MA-1s in the world were sold out and i couldn't get one :(

teck

Postby bobo77 » Fri Mar 28, 2014 3:09 pm

bobo77

Postby ramseames » Fri Mar 28, 2014 3:16 pm

http://www.thirdlooks.com/

doesn't update it as much as I wish he did but its generally pretty good stuff

they posted the margiela reference guide, he knows his shit:

http://www.thirdlooks.com/2012/11/maiso ... nce-guide/

ramseames