[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 379: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 379: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
care-tags.org • View topic - Random Rhetorical Hypebeast Fashion Thoughts

Random Rhetorical Hypebeast Fashion Thoughts

Clothes

Re: ramdom fashion thoughts

Postby vgtbls » Thu Apr 03, 2014 5:20 pm

If anybody lives in LA, Wedidit is having a pop-up shop this weekend. Go and live my dreams. Tell me what Shlohmo smells like

vgtbls

Postby RomanEmpire » Thu Apr 03, 2014 10:17 pm

Finally wore shorts today, now all I wanna do is wear more shorts and get some cropped pants

RomanEmpire

Postby odradek » Thu Apr 03, 2014 11:08 pm

pulled out my s/s jeans rotation, was blown away by how much more faded they are than the winter rotation, it's ridiculous. also they kinda smell like closet.

odradek

Postby bels » Fri Apr 04, 2014 7:59 am

hate my wardrobe again. Might start plotting a graph whether I'm happy or mad with my wardrobe on a day to day basis.

bels
Yung Winona

Postby smrk » Fri Apr 04, 2014 2:11 pm

Went to a museum for applied art today, they had a exhibition about nordic fashion (faroe/greenland/island).

I took a of the exhibition and the museum, people that like Dieter Rams would have enjoyed the rest of the museum, there were Braun products everywhere.

smrk

Postby insted » Fri Apr 04, 2014 3:04 pm

insted

Postby vgtbls » Fri Apr 04, 2014 3:51 pm

vgtbls

Postby Capt » Fri Apr 04, 2014 5:26 pm

:cry: Oh black fleece, why must your thighs be so narrow.

Capt

Postby eufemism » Fri Apr 04, 2014 6:25 pm

recs for wool pants that have a higher waist than normal?

show me the hoe fax
eufemism

Postby Blastoise » Fri Apr 04, 2014 10:11 pm

Why on earth is it so difficult to find a plain black collared jacket and why are navy jackets everywhere this season.

Blastoise

Postby smrk » Sat Apr 05, 2014 2:34 am

Here's their if you want to see more (smiling)

Oh and they also had a dark room with crazy strobe lighting, loud noises and pinstripe suits hanging everywhere, people went in and then came out with shocked faces directly afterwards. I found the rest of that exhibition a bit underwhelming though, which is why I took only a couple of photos.

smrk

Postby maj » Sat Apr 05, 2014 4:55 am

Currently outside cos waiting for it to open like some thirsty hypebeast

Edit: it's open :sweg:

Edit 2: I fit their trews now (smiling))

maj

Postby radicalbusiness » Sat Apr 05, 2014 12:00 pm

Spent all day walking around SF yesterday. Had a really good time checking out all the care tags recommended places.

Started with walking to darkside initiative but it wasn't to open for another hour so I went to the archive instead. Dudes there are super nice and it was fun trying on all sorts of interesting brands like the viridi anne and kka. Then made the required trip to qlo but was kind of disappointed with most of their stuff but still copped some airism and socks. After that the other notable stores were acrimony which was really sick nomad (which is closing so they had some crazy deals) , mac, and Maas and stacks. Maas and stacks def had some of the coolest mix of pieces I've ever seen at a boutique. Favorite pieces there was the special edition tan Dana lee waffle jacket, the hender scheme af1s, and all their latest Schneider pieces.

all in all SF was a fun excursion, didn't really cop much at all but walking like 8 miles and chilling at the boutiques was well worth it. Thanks for the recommendations care tags!

radicalbusiness

Postby oucho » Sat Apr 05, 2014 3:47 pm

what sorta bags do you guys like? I am a big fan of duffel bags/weekend bags/holdalls/whatevr you want to call them, they're a really nice practical size, look dope when you carry them by the handles but are also mad comfy if you use the shoulder strap. I prefer them to rucksacks, rucksacks make me feel like I'm going to school

oucho

Postby Blastoise » Sat Apr 05, 2014 4:30 pm

I prefer rucksacks/backpacks because I'm going to school and they're the most convenient for books and a laptop. Also a lot easier to blend in with one as opposed to anything else.

Blastoise

Postby maj » Sat Apr 05, 2014 4:37 pm

Ruck sacks are fine with every type if sportswear, you can get some good heritage ones if you're doing workwear looks. Holdalls are great if you're on a longer trip or off to the gym. Messengers can either fill the role of a rucksack depending if it's nylon and if it's leather it's going to go better with your ocbdchinotopman. Totes are great if you want a minimal jizz and your look is modern and fashion forward.

They're the bag rules I live by.

maj

Postby ptozzi » Sat Apr 05, 2014 5:12 pm

I cant see myself using any bag other than a backpack. I think totes are awesome, but I really wouldn't fit in where I'm from if I used one at school.

ptozzi

Postby yourdad » Sat Apr 05, 2014 8:52 pm

backpacks are great when i need to carry a lot. when i'm going light, i'll use a tote bag

yourdad

Postby Blastoise » Sat Apr 05, 2014 10:46 pm

Alek are we still going to work on bags/shirts this summer?

I'm contemplating selling my in burgundy. I like them I guess but the color isn't my thing and I've worn them less than 10 times since getting them in October. Any ideas on what to wear with them? Not just "ocbd/raws", something cool/interesting. Otherwise I'll probs sell them. Really wish I would have gotten them in gray and the standard instead of the Herschel collab but I'm not even sure if NB's work for me at all.

Blastoise

Postby smiles » Sat Apr 05, 2014 11:40 pm

I hate owning anything for more than like three months. I'm not dissatisfied, I'm just bored.

That being said, four clothing items I'll never sell.

Facetasm cholo shirt
Dana lee cashmere blend sweatshirt
Adam Kimmel carhartt moleskin pants
Spellbound oxford.

草地跑過的腳印
smiles

Postby balloons » Sun Apr 06, 2014 3:57 am

why these four in particular?

grailed --

instagram --
balloons

Postby smiles » Sun Apr 06, 2014 4:25 am

They all fit exactly how I want to and feel just right for me.

The oxford has a perfect somewhat loose fit with great fabric and detail, sweatshirt hasn't pilled at all after a year and a half of constant use, the pants have the perfect rise and leg taper, fabric and fit in the facetasm are perfect etc etc.

Seriously that Dana lee sweatshirt is incredible. I think ryce has one too and he can vouch. Best 40 bucks I ever spent on clothing.

草地跑過的腳印
smiles

Postby odradek » Sun Apr 06, 2014 7:05 am

why does "fashion" almost always have such a shit soundtrack?

odradek

Postby oucho » Sun Apr 06, 2014 7:27 am

what do you mean? I think a lot of shows have d0pe soundtracks

oucho

Postby BobbyZamora » Sun Apr 06, 2014 6:01 pm

some designers seem to just pick moderately "experimental" sounding music (regardless of whether or not it fits their collection) to appeal to critics attending the show, I find. Or something to that effect. A lot of music choices in fashion shows are bizarre to me. Some designers are better than others when it comes to this, though.

Yohji Yamamoto tends to be pretty good- his womenswear shows in particular. In his documentary "This is my dream" he talks about blues musicians and how they've influenced him. He even keeps a guitar knocking around in his workplace- which one of his employees can be seen playing several times throughout the show. He also plays it a little bit.

Even still though, I'm sometimes bothered by his music choices. In his latest menswear show he picked some sort of industrial beat with no melody. Which doesn't seem to fit Yohji Yamamoto, or the show, to be honest.

So much for "to be modern is to tear the soul out of everything"?

B)
BobbyZamora

Postby vgtbls » Sun Apr 06, 2014 6:24 pm

I'm a huge texture fan these days...

I want some long tees/tanks for layering and don't know where to start. Would rather not spend a lot but I'm really bad at shopping.

vgtbls

Postby sid3000 » Sun Apr 06, 2014 6:31 pm

Not quite waywt worthy, but I deem this most satisfactory pic of me from meetup

sid3000

Postby insted » Sun Apr 06, 2014 6:51 pm

insted

Postby stappard_ » Sun Apr 06, 2014 7:23 pm

stappard_