[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 379: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 379: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
care-tags.org • View topic - Random Rhetorical Hypebeast Fashion Thoughts

Random Rhetorical Hypebeast Fashion Thoughts

Clothes

Re: ramdom fashion thoughts

Postby RomanEmpire » Sun Apr 06, 2014 9:41 pm

I liked the soundtrack for this, felt like it fit the theme pretty well
[vimeo]http://www.vimeo.com/88029429[/vimeo]

RomanEmpire

Postby jrisk » Sun Apr 06, 2014 11:04 pm

here's a featuring a few NY Fashion Week designers and the soundtracks they used for their shows. I like Degens because the songs were written specially for it by one of the members of anamanaguchi.

jrisk

Postby veggies » Mon Apr 07, 2014 12:17 pm

i gained 1 inch and 15 lbs over the winter and now i have zero s/s clothes. i'm happy to have the opportunity to start from scratch but money :(

anyway what are you all going to be wearing this summer? my uniform will be something like oversized tank top (with an unbottoned printed shirt if it's chilly) shorts and sneakers/plimsolls, boring but i'm alright with it cause during summer comfort>>>>>fashion imo, it gets way too hot here for layering

edit: also, has anyone tried the new uniqlo linen tees on?

veggies

Postby iamacyborg » Mon Apr 07, 2014 3:43 pm

Luxire order came through. Trousers are really cool, they copied all the details I wanted to carry over from the Lanvin biker pants, though I didn't realise just how heavyweight the moleskin fabric is, need to get some more made in a lighter fabric for SS, and make a few minor alterations to the pattern.

I'll post more pics when I can get them under some light, they're way too dark to photograph well at the moment.

Blanket scarf is pretty rad too.

iamacyborg

Postby schiaparelli » Mon Apr 07, 2014 4:03 pm

i don't know where to put this so i'll just post here:

schiaparelli

Postby swatfishy » Mon Apr 07, 2014 4:36 pm

swatfishy

Postby veggies » Mon Apr 07, 2014 4:48 pm

yup

veggies

Postby iamacyborg » Mon Apr 07, 2014 5:16 pm

Excellent, all my Zara linen tees have fallen apart after one year, time to get some more disposable summer tees.

iamacyborg

Postby swatfishy » Mon Apr 07, 2014 7:02 pm

swatfishy

Postby yourdad » Mon Apr 07, 2014 9:52 pm

went to bleach my jeans today but after 30 minutes, there wasn't any change so i added some more bleach. wait another 30 minutes before checking. nothing again. check the bottle of bleach. it's colour-safe bleach. what good is colour-safe bleach???

edit:: just some old levis i never wear anymore

yourdad

Postby IsaiahSchafer » Mon Apr 07, 2014 11:54 pm

been complaining to my wife a lot recently about how I want to get back into shape (used to be a runner) and how I want geobaskets. She's now incentivizing both. Working out = money towards geobaskets. She decorated the calendar and everything. lol.

whole album http://imgur.com/a/QN2QO

IsaiahSchafer

Postby iamacyborg » Tue Apr 08, 2014 2:03 pm

Black suede is hard to photograph.

iamacyborg

Postby nick » Tue Apr 08, 2014 3:30 pm

nick
Eminent Eminem

Postby Vaeltaja » Tue Apr 08, 2014 4:36 pm

Kind of sad how my WvG eggshell tee is going to be relegated to a layering tee since it's so sheer.

Wanna redneck? I'll do him an egg. NO SYMPY!
<Reverend> IRC is just multiplayer notepad.
Vaeltaja

Postby RomanEmpire » Tue Apr 08, 2014 4:39 pm

Do you guys aim to look fashion forward? I personally don't like being described as "fashionable" by people. I don't like the word fashionable in general though, or even worse, "fashionista". However I know some people want to look specifically fashionable and like having people knowing that they're into fashion. I guess mostly because they seek attention, any other reasons someone would want that show that so clearly? Maybe they seek some sort of justification, and like knowing that other people think they dress well.

RomanEmpire

Postby UnwashedMolasses » Tue Apr 08, 2014 5:08 pm

Your questions about people who dress to look fashionable sound more like jabs; you haven't given an option that isn't a negative reflection on their character in some way. What you need to remember is that humans are social beings. Whether it's leaving a lanyard hanging out the pocket of your shorts or Geobaskets, many people enjoy being able to identify as part of a group with a shared interest. There's nothing wrong with that.

That being said, my personal game is similar to yours, I don't like and have never been known for being well-dressed. Nothing makes me happier than someone struggling to define how I dress, because it signifies I'm doing something outside their archetypal knowledge.

UnwashedMolasses

Postby Blastoise » Tue Apr 08, 2014 5:42 pm

I really try to focus on dressing for myself and not caring in the slightest about what people think or what others are saying, but I'm aware that clothes do say something about you. I want to look like I actually think about how I look but not that much. "Effortlessly cool" I guess. I want to blend in but still be myself.

Blastoise

Postby maj » Tue Apr 08, 2014 6:05 pm

i have a wardrobe set aside for when i want people to think I'm trendy, comes in very handy for nights on the town or when i have to "make an effort" for some reason. deep down i'm sure most people do.

maj

Postby RomanEmpire » Tue Apr 08, 2014 6:20 pm

Yeah you're right UnwashedMolasses I did word it pretty poorly. I didn't mean to say nothing but jabs, but was more interested in the reason why people would want that to be one of the main focuses about them other than to just gain attention. Wanting to be able to identify as part of a group didn't really hit me, not sure why since it seems so obvious now. Maybe because I don't know anybody with the shared interest in fashion, so identifying myself as someone who was into fashion would just make me stick out more than anything, and I wouldn't

I've been told I dress well which is nice, but I haven't been called fashionable, and don't really want to. I don't want to be known as "that fashion guy".I pretty much agree with Blastoise, try to look like I've put some effort in to what I wear, but I don't want to stick out a lot.

RomanEmpire

Postby JonjoShelvey » Tue Apr 08, 2014 7:06 pm

is fubu ironic enough to be cool yet? i wanna buy some fubu

JonjoShelvey

Postby Blastoise » Tue Apr 08, 2014 7:41 pm

Blastoise

Postby balloons » Tue Apr 08, 2014 9:10 pm

I've definitely considered getting some super cheap desert boots (like $30 H&M ones or something) and a qlo ocbd for photo projects where I have to dress as neutral as possible / interviews / etc

grailed --

instagram --
balloons

Postby RomanEmpire » Tue Apr 08, 2014 10:12 pm

That's one of the reasons I'm glad I still have my CDBs. Not gonna be having any big time interviews or anything, so OCBD, chinos and CDBs should be fine for interviews. Should probably get the sleeves on my OCBDs tailored though, they're too long on me.

RomanEmpire

Postby ballast » Thu Apr 10, 2014 12:55 pm

finding the perfect black derbies is a struggle

ballast

Postby nick » Thu Apr 10, 2014 1:59 pm

If you're willing to buy something new, try going on multiple fashion ecommerce sites and did 'view all shoes' and looked through them all? You may find something from a brand you wouldn't have considered previously. I've found multiple compelling shoe options at around the $500 range this way. Too bad I haven't had so much luck in the pants department.

nick
Eminent Eminem

Postby sknss » Fri Apr 11, 2014 12:50 pm

great prints @ monoprix

they also got some espadrilles for 12.90€. top barg. PM me if you want some

sknss
2015 Summer Camp Participant

Postby freddy » Fri Apr 11, 2014 1:55 pm

that feeling when you realize the season is over temperature wise and you're trying to cling on wearing your grail intended for the season before

freddy

Postby rublev » Sat Apr 12, 2014 7:33 pm

Got those two tops from Other/Shop and they're way cool... hope they do a lot more interesting things for spring summer 'cos with a code (they seem to do 15/20% a few times each season) it's really good stuff. All seems to be very good construction and fits well. Bonus for being made in the UK. I think apart from those h&m beater sandals these are my first two purchases that i've kept this year. Feels like an accidental no cop filled with disappointment.

I hope Other stock Haik this season as they're a really interesting brand to me. They kinda remind me a bit of Bless... like i get a similar feeling about them.

Not many images going round but this looks cool:

Some of the women's collections:

Also these are things from last winter (might have posted them before):

rublev
Political Editor

Postby sparkyoriental » Sat Apr 12, 2014 8:24 pm

I kinda have a slightly more mature style than most people who live in my city which is pretty grungy/90's obsessed. As a result, most people seem to think that I'm a grad student and 7-8 years older than I actually am???? I'm Asian so I'm assuming that's a part of it but it's weird to be 21 and strangers thinking that I'm 30..it's been beneficial, people automatically take me more seriously because they think i'm doing a phd in math or compsci or whatever when I'm actually just another lowly struggling undergrad....

how has your style of dress affected outside perception of you as a person?

edit - I also had this weird moment last summer when I realized "holy shit I'm gonna be doing a phd in a year (hopefully) and I'm going to have to meet important people and try to get them to listen to my research etc" and reacted rather severely by 1. buzzing my hair 2. dying it platinum blonde 3. getting 7 piercings on the same day (ouch....). Now about a year later all the piercings are gone and my hair is back to black and grown out to a bob. I feel so much more like myself. With the blonde hair and piercings it felt like a walking adjective on my head. People made assumptions about me, that I was "cool" and "alternative" when I am actually none of those things. On one hand, I hate that my physical appearance says something about me, regardless of what it is, good or bad. Sometimes I dress in totally innocuous clothing, sweatshirt and jeans and converse when I meet people for the first time. I like the blank slate.
edit2: speaking of feeling more like myself, I dislike that I even associate my appearance with "myself" at all. yeah, it's the western norm but intellectually there's a strong line between the two and i think there shouldn't be any crossover. obviously i've got some cognitive dissonance there though.

Last edited by sparkyoriental on Sat Apr 12, 2014 8:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
sparkyoriental

Postby rjbman » Sat Apr 12, 2014 8:35 pm

"Let's be vagabonds." - Yohji Yamamoto
rjbman

PreviousNext

Return to Tags