[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 379: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
care-tags.org • View topic - Random Rhetorical Hypebeast Fashion Thoughts

Random Rhetorical Hypebeast Fashion Thoughts

Clothes

Re: ramdom fashion thoughts

Postby bels » Tue Apr 22, 2014 6:27 pm

I feel like my emmett london / gitman vintage shirts are so much better than all my other shirts that I shouldn't spend less than a hundred pounds on a shirt ever again. But I also feel like £100 is sort of too much for a shirt.

bels
Yung Winona

Postby SteevMike » Tue Apr 22, 2014 7:45 pm

new round of WvG tees fits me better than the last. think they're a little bit smaller in the arms than the last run or something. also i must have very fortunate nipple placement because you can't really see my nips in the white tee and lots of people in the SF thread were complaining about that.

SteevMike

Postby bobo77 » Tue Apr 22, 2014 8:26 pm

I have a pair of Air Jordan 6 Infareds on ice, my first "sneakerhead" shoes, but I'm afraid of un-dsing them because I'm clumsy as fuck with white shoes. It's not that I need my shoes to be perfect, but why would I even buy them in the first place (total impulse buy because there were a few pairs left at the FinishLine at like 2pm the drop day).... my brother really likes them and his friends would think they're cool... I might just give them to him.

bobo77

Postby smiles » Wed Apr 23, 2014 9:50 am

spent like two weeks trying to find the perfect olive pants. gave up and realised i've no interest in olive pants anyway. oh well.

want some crazy sneakers now. rickdidas or the new raf ones (wish i'd sized right on mine).

(attempting to) give up on any kind of cohesion. never was about that life anyway.

草地跑過的腳印
smiles

Postby soundclip989 » Wed Apr 23, 2014 12:05 pm

soundclip989

Postby soundclip989 » Wed Apr 23, 2014 12:55 pm

Just to figure out how they made it. I needed to try it out to get a better understanding.

soundclip989

Postby Azurewrath » Wed Apr 23, 2014 6:33 pm

I've been wanting to wear more whites lately. I just purchased an OL white bomber and also looking into purchasing some white jeans/shorts.

Azurewrath

Postby rjbman » Wed Apr 23, 2014 6:37 pm

Is it possible to develop your own style without buying anything? I used to think yes, but now I'm not so sure.

"Let's be vagabonds." - Yohji Yamamoto
rjbman

Postby sknss » Wed Apr 23, 2014 6:45 pm

It is possible if
-you are the king or queen of DIY
-you have generous friends who can hand you down some stuff
-you are very lucky and you find clothes everywhere you go

sknss
2015 Summer Camp Participant

Postby zayg » Wed Apr 23, 2014 7:29 pm

can't wait until tommy hilfiger is cool again

zayg

Postby CleanThug » Wed Apr 23, 2014 9:39 pm

got some olive taps bdus from stylisticspace (shoutout to )

:woop:

hope they fit!

CleanThug

Postby arcticsound » Wed Apr 23, 2014 9:45 pm

Went to a sushi/martini bar recently and on the way in I overheard a drunk mexican woman say "I don't belong in this country! look how tight his jeans are!" while pointing at me. My jeans aren't even that tight :s

arcticsound

Postby CleanThug » Wed Apr 23, 2014 9:49 pm

will do when they come. where have your fits been lately? you're back from japan(iirc),no?

CleanThug

Postby ramseames » Wed Apr 23, 2014 9:50 pm

i keep saying i'll post and then forgetting. I'm back up north for work now but i'm going to try to take a couple once im home on the 3rd.

ramseames

Postby arcticsound » Wed Apr 23, 2014 10:02 pm

, she was young! Like, 28 at the most.

arcticsound

Postby purkinje » Wed Apr 23, 2014 10:21 pm

too hot for pants but too cold for shorts so wearing cropped cargos the whole week

a disaster is a terrible thing to waste
purkinje

Postby bels » Thu Apr 24, 2014 4:41 am

Black bomberjackets are surely going to peak this year. On the back of every single chieftan around the town. Need to get a white parka A S A P

Also my Levis Commuters seem to have a special coating which repels dirt but attracts lint. Maybe I need a lint roller drake.gif

bels
Yung Winona

Postby maj » Thu Apr 24, 2014 4:45 am

spot the size? kid is my new fave game

maj

Postby smiles » Thu Apr 24, 2014 7:52 am

bela and Rublev

these pop up frequently on rakuten: Yoshio Kubo x Loveless.
probably not crinkly enough for you and def. a winter item

:sweg:

草地跑過的腳印
smiles

Postby Bootz_Rex » Thu Apr 24, 2014 9:40 am

Bootz_Rex

Postby jrisk » Thu Apr 24, 2014 4:50 pm

why do I have such an aversion to color?? I was at the thrift store trying to decide between two sweats to get for a diy project (cutting the sleeves down short) and I skipped the golden color to get a boring grey. gotta break this dumb mindset of choosing the most practical and neutral option.

jrisk

Postby JonjoShelvey » Thu Apr 24, 2014 4:53 pm

just got 13 land's end shirts in the mail

i love them

JonjoShelvey

Postby rublev » Thu Apr 24, 2014 6:10 pm

TBS are releasing their own stuff?? Dropping next week apparently. They kept that quiet.

rublev
Political Editor

Postby cormac » Thu Apr 24, 2014 10:55 pm

I'm seriously satisfied with the Norse chinos I just received. Very comfy, better quality-wise than any pants I've owned so far, maybe excluding my LVCs. The higher rise feels great.

cormac

Postby exprof » Fri Apr 25, 2014 2:03 am

found out my mom kept two pairs of sneakers i still like, these patchwork blazers and these jersey stella mccartney x adidas

actually i daresay i like stella mccartney x adidas more than gyakusou x nike... at least the womenswear

exprof

Postby ramdomthought » Fri Apr 25, 2014 1:49 pm

brooks brothers "slim fit" shirts hit all the marks for what i want in a shirt except for length

wider cuffs, no gauntlet button, armholes aren't high or low, huge collar that sprawls out, comfy fabric, cheap

ramdomthought

Postby JonjoShelvey » Fri Apr 25, 2014 3:26 pm

Alpha Industries bombers have plastic shells in the cigarette pocket lol

JonjoShelvey

Postby can- » Sat Apr 26, 2014 1:24 am

is stussy relevant or important anymore? bape? how fine is the grain upon which that type of brand trades on? stussy is obviously historically relevant for being one of the first brands to trade on it's cultural signifiers in such an aggressive manner. it's trivially true to talk about how supreme has maintained it's cultural and fashion relevance based on the strength of it's marketing and design team. what will streetwear look like in 15?

can-

Postby UnwashedMolasses » Sat Apr 26, 2014 1:40 am

What about X-Large? I didn't even know they existed until I found them on VFiles looking for Nasir Mazhar stockists. Descriptions claimed "the original streetwear brand". Came up in LA, endorsed by the Beastie Boys with Mike D as a shareholder and the supposed idea behind it. Started in 1991 and were doing this:

two years before Bape existed, making logo tees and hats and appropriations of workwear Why have I never heard of them? Are they the Stussy of the early 90's?

UnwashedMolasses

Postby JonjoShelvey » Sat Apr 26, 2014 5:32 am

fuuuck just wrote a post out and then accidentally closed the page. im quite tired so sorry if this all gibberish

I'd say that stussy is not culturally relevant at all anymore. They diluted their brand past recovery and now most of the people who wear it are 15 yr olds who shop at zumies and 30 yr olds who still own their pieces from the 90s.

are there really enough people buying BAPE out there for them to still be a major player in the streetwear game? how are there still standalone bape stores? granted i don't live in a city so maybe I just don't see them. bape has their classics but I don't think they have evolved enough to be trend setters anymore.

im very interested in the next 15 years of streetwear. with more and more rappers moving away from luxury designers like gucci gucci louis louis fendi fendi prada and more towards 'high fashion' brands where does it go from here?

i don't know much about xlarge but they definitely weren't the original streetwear brand. stussy and nike came in the 80s, and adidas/puma in the 60s and 70s etc etc

JonjoShelvey

PreviousNext

Return to Tags