[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 379: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 379: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
care-tags.org • View topic - Random Rhetorical Hypebeast Fashion Thoughts

Random Rhetorical Hypebeast Fashion Thoughts

Clothes

Re: ramdom fashion thoughts

Postby ramdomthought » Wed Apr 30, 2014 2:35 pm

aitor throup seems like a pretty smart dude

i'm glad he's got opportunity to make cool things and affect companies in any way he can (smiling)

even better if he gets paid for his work

:sweg:

ramdomthought

Postby maj » Wed Apr 30, 2014 2:39 pm

are and aitor related? that pic suggests i'm correct

maj

Postby ramdomthought » Wed Apr 30, 2014 2:46 pm

feel like 's post doesn't have enough rep

very on point

ramdomthought

Postby Blastoise » Wed Apr 30, 2014 3:30 pm

It can be a lot of fun and challenging in a good way to work with someone that's creatively different from you, so I can see why he might want to go with something out of his usual range. Makes sense to me, anyway.

Blastoise

Postby bouquet » Wed Apr 30, 2014 11:00 pm

Realizing lately how much fun it is to not restrict myself to wearing denim as a bottom like 95% of the time (which is what I used to do). I've been playing around with different fabrics and looser cuts on bottom which might seem like a no-brainer to many here, but for someone who just started doing it it's a whole different world and has been making wearing clothes a whole lot more interesting lately. Cashier at goodwill last night cut the price tag off a slightly bleach-stained pair of Alpha Industries cargo pants and said "they shouldn't have been priced like that." I have no qualms with $1.50 pants. They also have a partially elastic waist, which is a huge bonus.

bouquet

Postby bels » Thu May 01, 2014 12:48 pm

I wanna dress like Raf but I don't really want to dress in Raf.

bels
Yung Winona

Postby RycePooding » Thu May 01, 2014 5:31 pm

Whhhhhhy are my shoulders so big

:'(

RycePooding

Postby JonjoShelvey » Thu May 01, 2014 5:53 pm

shrink them in warm water

JonjoShelvey

Postby RomanEmpire » Thu May 01, 2014 7:40 pm

But then they could shrink unevenly and then one would be bigger than the other, gotta be careful with it

RomanEmpire

Postby greggy » Fri May 02, 2014 3:06 am

Aitor may be cashing in but if Magnus turns up at the world championship in full Aitor all will be forgiven

At the end of the day you need to put bread on the table somehow and I don't think this is the worst thing ever

greggy

Postby oucho » Fri May 02, 2014 6:41 am

I am 100% ok with demanding complete purity of vision and no compromise from creatives, that's their job

oucho

Postby rublev » Fri May 02, 2014 12:37 pm

Stuff from Tres Bien has dropped. Japanese denim, two way front zip, press button cuffs, straight hem etc... looks cool.

rublev
Political Editor

Postby RycePooding » Fri May 02, 2014 12:51 pm

Was thinking about what I actually wear yesterday. What brands I wear on a daily/weekly basis. What I own more then 3 pieces of.

-Our Legacy
-Dana Lee
-Supreme
-Patagonia
-Uniqlo
-Nike
-LL Bean
-Vans

And that's it. Pretty happy with that. I've essentially returned to what I always wore, before getting into clothing, just wear nicer stuff with more knowledge. Would love to add Engineered Garments to that list.

RycePooding

Postby maj » Fri May 02, 2014 12:59 pm

that tbs stuff looks like it could be one of several brands, have to say i'm not sure if they made a collection or if they just looked through their inventory and remade bits they liked.

maj

Postby Syeknom » Fri May 02, 2014 1:07 pm

Were you expecting anything different?

Syeknom

Postby rublev » Fri May 02, 2014 1:13 pm

That's exactly what i was expecting and i don't think that's being pessimistic. I think they even said that themselves in an interview. They just wanted to create something of their own that summed up all the parts of their store.

rublev
Political Editor

Postby soundclip989 » Fri May 02, 2014 1:13 pm

The most fashionable people I've seen in my town(other than me and my Gf ofc heheha) are these two girls from Hong Kong that go to a university here. They come into the shop I work at to sell clothes and they always bring cool stuff and brands that I'm formiliar with, but my coworkers aren't. They don't speak English very well, which kind of sucks, because I'm just here trying to compliment the short sleeve acne sweater and rolled up light wash denim that one of them was wearing.

There's also this young doctor guy who liked to nerd out on fashion with me when he comes in. But he likes to discuss the finer points of raw denim. He sold some GATS to us and his eyes flaxy up with excitement when I remarked that he should cop some margielas.
He probably is alone on his fashion journey himself and was happy to talk with someone else who "knew."

soundclip989

Postby oucho » Fri May 02, 2014 1:25 pm

@ramdomthought (is that how u tag people lol?) you're basically saying it's ok to compromise your legitimacy to make money, compromise is obviously inevitable there is nobody who doesn't compromise to a certain extent. Even so that doesn't mean we shouldn't fight against it, I don't understand why you would be so accepting of that

oucho

Postby ramseames » Fri May 02, 2014 1:29 pm

They have a very good sense of the moment but no real vision beyond "things like X are cool, let's make X". Nothing wrong with that but at the same time it's mad uninteresting. $$$$ to be made tho, can't hate. Gotta get paid

ramseames

Postby ramdomthought » Fri May 02, 2014 1:41 pm

:

It's not legitimate to decide what you want to do??

People aren't concepts, people make things, people change. That you think someone needs to be committed to an abstract idea of what they are is odd.

ramdomthought

Postby maj » Fri May 02, 2014 1:43 pm

dudes a freelance creative not a fashion designer by trade, he works within briefs and if he fulfils them satisfactorily that's all that matters. would it be nice if everything he does has a central theme? yeah probably but he's not acting terribly by taking work in which he markets himself to do. the same company who designed the Sydney opera house designed a 15 story hexagonal monstrosity which is a tower block of flats in my town, that doesn't devalue the company or their future work as in once instance they were told to build what they wanted and the other they had a budget and a spec they built both appropriately. no different from what he's doing.

why get so riled up for him working at gstar, it's not even that bad of a brand just a little bit behind the trends no different in scale and scope of brands like fred perry and bensherman who recently took new art directions and are more respected than they have been in some time (albeit that has something to do with current trends). the similarities extend with fred working with raeburn and raf who probably share a similar tangible relation to that brand as aitor does g star.

i'm not sure why this is so controversial to many people, only argument i can put on it is people can't see past the kids in their high-street who wear gstar from the early 2000's with nikes and baggy sweaters with their bold washes, but if that's the case surely aitor has every connection to the brand he needs to be "justified". from the work and trailers he's put it out it still feels true to what he's previously done while also representing gstar as they have always tried to represent themselves. is it revolutionary? no, is it well done? yeah.

http://www.surfdome.com/fashion_blog/gstar-raw-ss14/

this said i'm the first to admit i'm an aitor fanboy and take a optimistic approach to designer intentions compared to some people, but even with that in mind this feels no different to what he's done before.

maj

Postby Syeknom » Fri May 02, 2014 2:29 pm

People are just people and do jobs and live - forcing creative successes to be some psuedo-celebrity product with One True Pure Vision seems terribly purile to me. His own brand is a product and expecting consistency within that is perfectly reasonable the the guy behind it can surely do what he likes elsewhere, no? Bierendonck has taken on jobs designing uniforms for Antwerp's municipal workers, costumes for U2, run his own brand and oversees 4th year projects at the mode academy but we don't hate on him for such a diverse approach to his career. He takes on projects he feels he can perform well at, injects his own creative vision and does well.

Syeknom

Postby bels » Fri May 02, 2014 3:47 pm

Selling out used to be the worst thing anyone could possibly do if I understand my pop history correctly and now saying people shouldn't do it is super controversial. I find that interesting.

Don't think I heavily come down on either camp (or am even really sure that a it or is selling out) it but if everyone did nothing but follow the money, what would you guys wear?

bels
Yung Winona

Postby quad » Fri May 02, 2014 5:00 pm

selling out is compromising your integrity as a designer as a cash grab ie designing something uninteresting that you know will sell well because of the name(ie play). not saying aitor is a sell out or whatever i have to wait and get a good look at what he designs.

selling out can be a great way to get money to fund less profitable yet more interesting/unique ventures though.

quad

Postby can- » Fri May 02, 2014 8:23 pm

holy fuk Zara skorts look so bad irl

can-

Postby oucho » Fri May 02, 2014 8:27 pm

@syeknom@ @ramdomthought@ I'm not talking about any specific creative person. And I'm not saying that a creative has to commit themselves to one idea for their entire career, that is ridiculous, and is not what I said. I don't think that we are really talking about the same thing to be honest, as far as I'm concerned a designer could perform a complete volte-face and still keep their integrity, integrity is about being honest, not about doing one thing for your entire life, in my opinion anyway. Obviously this is a grey area though and I'm talking more about a general attitude towards compromise than any specific examples. I don't think that earning money is a justification for doing something bad.

oucho

Postby smiles » Fri May 02, 2014 10:59 pm

stopped by Harvey Nichols yesterday – they've got a mini Machine-A ripoff set up so I was able to check out a lot of london designer stuff. As usual consistently blown away by Astrid Andersen. She had these mesh t-shirt with unfinished hems that looked awesome and some very crisp polyester jackets and shorts. There was also this silk lace tee that was incredible as well. She's doing white, cream and light green this season and it all looks really nice together. Really want to wear all white.

Richard Nicoll, Christopher Kane, and a brand called MSGM were also (surprisingly) nice. Kane is doing his all over printed stuff but it looks pretty good, fractal geometric designs. would look super cool with the same pattern over the shirt, shorts and jacket. Richard Nicoll had cool bomber jackets (seriously pretty much everyone had a bomber jacket, insane). Never heard of MSGM but they were quite intriguing. Lots of mesh tees with tye dye prints. They also had these white shorts made out of tyvek or something. I really want them.

They had Ashish UK as well which was a bit surprising. not really a fan of him though. all he does is sequins.

草地跑過的腳印
smiles

Postby vgtbls » Sat May 03, 2014 8:21 pm

Had a good thrift day - Patagonia capilene longsleeve, LL Bean flannel, and a weird Brooks Brothers overshirt looking thing. Every time I go though I get closer to buying vintage jorts

vgtbls

Postby exprof » Sun May 04, 2014 1:21 am

exprof

Postby can- » Sun May 04, 2014 2:01 am

hoping these ckc sweaters make their way to retail production

can-

PreviousNext

Return to Tags