[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 379: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
care-tags.org • View topic - Random Rhetorical Hypebeast Fashion Thoughts

Random Rhetorical Hypebeast Fashion Thoughts

Clothes

Re: ramdom fashion thoughts

Postby UnwashedMolasses » Mon May 05, 2014 6:36 pm

Missed a deadline for turning in a certification for a 3.5-hour program I sat through plus the $30 registration plus the 4 hours spent in court (speeding ticket). This took me from having to pay 0 dollars to having to pay the original ticket plus fee for "missing" court date plus getting a friend to drive me to the DMV to actually get my then-suspended license reinstated.

Reason this is in this thread is that I'd been looking at clothing with a "potential cops" mindset that's no longer tenable. Now that I'm forced to look at it all purely as entertainment/hobby it's let to some thoughts. In my current situation (college student, only seasonal/part-time jobs, no steady income) it's really not practical to try to further myself from a fashion perspective. It makes me a little sad that the stuff that I like is expensive typically because of the reasons I like them, which makes it impossible for me to participate without paying the entrance fee.

I want mesh tops and there's not enough people doing mesh tops.

Is it abnormal to view a designer's output on a piece-by-piece basis? There's a glut of designers out there who'll make some really standout items but then they'll just churn out the same basic trousers-tops-accessories with zero thought and it ruins my appreciation of them. Are brands expected to put their full creative force into each garment they release? Is there a certain level of growth/brand recognition/expense at which it's acceptable to quit bothering with basics and focus only on the standout items?

UnwashedMolasses

Postby kyung » Mon May 05, 2014 9:05 pm

lol

KIMCHI SLAP

_( :⁍ 」 )_
kyung

Postby purkinje » Mon May 05, 2014 10:09 pm

Can Japanese street/tech stuff like wtaps/neighborhood/bape jive with euro techwear like acr and sisp? Seems there's a partially shared vision between brands but it feels sorta weird in application.

I want a neighborhood boonie.

a disaster is a terrible thing to waste
purkinje

Postby parastexis » Mon May 05, 2014 10:11 pm

decent chance I'm moving to south florida. is that the death kiss to fashion for me?

how does one tell if something is "a good deal?"

parastexis

Postby bhajz » Mon May 05, 2014 10:18 pm

bhajz

Postby Thomnd » Mon May 05, 2014 10:37 pm

@heckawheel I think he met kasabian at a party or something: as for Damon Albarn, I dunno. I think his music suits the look more at least

Thomnd

Postby CleanThug » Mon May 05, 2014 10:38 pm

CleanThug

Postby bels » Tue May 06, 2014 5:22 am

Realised that it's not shirts I don't like, it's not even button down collars, it's Oxford Cloth. All my oxford cloth shirts are so scratchy and dry feeling when worn next to skin. Phased them all out for summer.

bels
Yung Winona

Postby can- » Tue May 06, 2014 1:20 pm

fuck you

can-

Postby can- » Tue May 06, 2014 1:34 pm

can-

Postby freerangepleats » Tue May 06, 2014 10:42 pm

The word "objective" is subjective. We're all slaves to our biases. God is dead. Clothes are unnatural. We're all buying into a big meaningless marketing scheme. and so on...

freerangepleats

Postby soundclip989 » Tue May 06, 2014 11:45 pm

...or some shit

soundclip989

Postby paf » Wed May 07, 2014 12:01 am

Love when companies do this sort of thing (smiling)

paf

Postby smiles » Wed May 07, 2014 12:10 am

damn dana lee is looking great this season. love the orange colour. wonder if it would match my hair.

草地跑過的腳印
smiles

Postby Anorak » Wed May 07, 2014 4:06 am

:heck:

Last edited by Anorak on Fri Jul 28, 2017 12:56 am, edited 2 times in total.
Anorak

Postby maj » Wed May 07, 2014 6:26 am

when will people stop trying to sell me blue, it's like if i want to buy anything it has to be blue.

when will it end.

maj

Postby Syeknom » Wed May 07, 2014 7:24 am

Grey is the best colour

Syeknom

Postby bouquet » Wed May 07, 2014 10:51 am

Saw a reflection on the glass door today of two girls laughing/pointing at my shorts as I walked into school. What is the point of shorts if it isn't to be freeing?

bouquet

Postby odradek » Wed May 07, 2014 11:11 am

you can pre-empt this kind of reaction by being so ridiculous that you have to be laughing at yourself, too

that's freeing

odradek

Postby maj » Wed May 07, 2014 1:42 pm

suiting in the workplace on younger people always makes me laugh, it's like they're wearing their club outfit but with a tie, non sneakers and made from wool in terms of rises and shirt fit. personally i'm in support of it to where these proportions of trousers sitting low on the hip and a elongated torso opposed to the belly button standard of yesteryear looks consistently good compared to the questionable results of more conservative tailoring. i suppose this is the first step on the long road to formal wear being phased out across many professions with only those steeped in tradition holding onto it, or will suiting fall back into a looser fit when looser fits become "mainstream" with the trendy kids once more?

not too well versed (read 'nothing') on suiting someone educate me, but it seems the people raf used as inspo to design his infamous suiting lines of older collections are now wearing the complete opposite as far as formal wear goes.

on a side note has any designer ever made a version of those art folders you see all the creative subject students with?

#IRLObservationsOfTheDay

maj

Postby nick » Wed May 07, 2014 2:02 pm

in America, when young people have to wear suits, its over 90% black oversized ones. as 'trendy' as slim may be, majority of trends still never reach the mainstream. it's odd hearing you talk about trends all the time - they seem epidemic to the entire population of youth where you live, where here its the 'trendy kids' hop from trend to trend but besides that small subset, the general population still keeps wearing the same stuff.

nick
Eminent Eminem

Postby HeavenResign » Wed May 07, 2014 2:28 pm

I'm having a hard time understanding your wording, are you saying you think suits moving onward will continue to have lower rises on the pants much like many chinos in recent years, whereas conservative suits sit higher on the waist? I don't really have an opinion just looking for clarification

HeavenResign

Postby maj » Wed May 07, 2014 2:51 pm

all i'm saying is my film teachers wool trews were skinnier and sitting lower than my jeans today and i didn't mind at all.

maj

Postby bels » Wed May 07, 2014 3:27 pm

I reckon formal wear is going to be done in the workplace in the next 10-20 years.

bels
Yung Winona

Postby bels » Wed May 07, 2014 3:59 pm

Said done in the workplace heck. Still have it in courts and weddings.

bels
Yung Winona

Postby bouquet » Wed May 07, 2014 4:22 pm

Definitely agree. i went into today knowing the outfit was semi-ridiculous, so I shouldn't even be put off by the reaction anyways. honestly, a random fashion though about somebody laughing at my outfit is almost as worn out as hearing somebody on mfa talk about being called a yacht-owning lumberjack. by bad. shitty picture but you get the idea. upon review it is laugh worthy. Shorts were pulled from dad's closet and probably decade+ old.

bouquet

Postby parastexis » Wed May 07, 2014 4:53 pm

parastexis

Postby stappard_ » Wed May 07, 2014 6:13 pm

in the absence of a white outerwear thread:

stappard_

Postby RycePooding » Wed May 07, 2014 10:00 pm

Full trousers would be really good for you. If earls fit you well they'd be great. Don't pinroll tho, pinrolls are silly.

RycePooding

Postby tomsfood » Wed May 07, 2014 10:11 pm

why are shoelaces always way too long, who even likes giant bundles of string and knot flopping around everywhere

truly why slip-ons and shoes with zippers are superior

tomsfood
Look Arena Champion

PreviousNext

Return to Tags