[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 379: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
care-tags.org • View topic - Random Rhetorical Hypebeast Fashion Thoughts

Random Rhetorical Hypebeast Fashion Thoughts

Clothes

Re: ramdom fashion thoughts

Postby maj » Sun May 18, 2014 1:15 pm

maj

Postby oucho » Sun May 18, 2014 2:54 pm

well from a business philosophy point of view it's immoral to earn money without contributing to society

oucho

Postby rjbman » Sun May 18, 2014 6:41 pm

Why is it that the internet seems to declare things that reach mainstream popularity overplayed or however you want to phrase it? I'm talking Roshes, olive M-65 and similar military jackets, flyknits, etc.

I could see people claiming oversaturation, but even before it reaches that point there's plenty of people online posting about that, possibly even with more frequency (because hey it's cool on that dude so I'll get it too).

Is it just the sense of superiority, that you're on this super awesome, super secret thing that only internet peoples will truly appreciate? At that point it's pretty much the same as being a "hipster", which I'll choose to define here as being into obscure things (that you do enjoy and think are cool) but only while they're not enjoyed by the world at large.

Is it because you hate that some guy walked up to you and complimented you on your MA+ jacket, telling you they saw it over at H&M but didn't feel like buying it and isn't it just so neat that you've got it, it looks fantastic on you, and inside you just wanna explain carefully how your jacket is superior but you smile weakly and accept the compliment?

Or something else?

"Let's be vagabonds." - Yohji Yamamoto
rjbman

Postby jrisk » Sun May 18, 2014 7:50 pm

from a first person view, I think it boils down to the idea that I want to be perceived as unique and I want to seem like I'm not influenced by the same things that influence the rest of the population at large—because then it associates me with certain people and stuff that I don't want to be associated with. Instead, I look up to whoever I think are the Cool People and wanting to be associated with them, I copy them and wear what they wear.

When you get more focused on fashion, you get even more in tune when it comes to trends and it just scales up from there. I guess at a certain point, you're just playing the trend game and part of that includes a sense of superiority. Being the first to call the shots on when something is "oversaturated" is just a way to get ahead.

What about the idea of someone discovering a trend without realizing the trend existed? While they might end up looking like everyone else, ins't there more value in truly being original and true to self (trying to avoid the use of of "authentic" here) than everyone else who's following it because a trend is a trend is a trend is a trend?

jrisk

Postby starfox64 » Sun May 18, 2014 8:19 pm

ex said she didn't want to have sex with me anymore because it's now a "simulacra of what it used to be."

def going to wear c-e shirt next time i see her.

she won't notice or care but i'll be laughing to myself about how clever i am.

"Authorities say the phony Pope can be recognized by his high-top sneakers and incredibly foul mouth."
starfox64

Postby deadkitty » Sun May 18, 2014 8:21 pm

deadkitty

Postby popcorn » Sun May 18, 2014 10:53 pm

popcorn

Postby RomanEmpire » Sun May 18, 2014 11:56 pm

RomanEmpire

Postby popcorn » Mon May 19, 2014 1:13 am

I only saw them on mfa, for what it's worth, hahaha.

popcorn

Postby fun_yunchables » Mon May 19, 2014 1:26 am

i think this is the kind of pigeonholing thought process that prevents creativity from flourishing. not gonna fully rebuke your opinion, but in the past there was probably a time when people wore basketball shoes w/ jeans and the same "but they're not wearing basketball shorts!" argument was thrown around

coolest lame guy u'll ever meet
fun_yunchables

Postby CleanThug » Mon May 19, 2014 1:39 am

I still think we should have a Recent Purchases thread

CleanThug

Postby smiles » Mon May 19, 2014 3:08 am

everyday struggle to stop buying either black clothes or jeans. i want lots of weird cdg stuff but when I come into some cash I always forget about it and buy black things. gah.

also the eternal hair struggle.

草地跑過的腳印
smiles

Postby Syeknom » Mon May 19, 2014 3:13 am

Syeknom

Postby charybdis » Mon May 19, 2014 3:19 am

The owner of standupcomedy is extremely cool. Although I think I was probably a super awkward conversation partner.

By the way , I touched a building block bag and it was wonderful. Although she only carries the square and the really big one. were super lovely in person though, and maybe worth adding to the list of grails.

my mother is a kenzo fish sweater
charybdis

Postby smiles » Mon May 19, 2014 3:28 am

all pieces from dot.comme

草地跑過的腳印
smiles

Postby oucho » Mon May 19, 2014 6:35 am

oucho

Postby oucho » Mon May 19, 2014 6:42 am

I'm curious, why did did you neg rep my previous comment with a question mark? Are you a parasite? Do you consider it acceptable to take money from society without contributing anything back? This is the basic principle that capitalism is founded on, which means that, logically, if you disagree with me you must be a communist.

oucho

Postby maj » Mon May 19, 2014 8:29 am

current fashion trends and themes have left me in great stead for my postmodernist film essays, who says nothing good comes from mindlessly scrolling pretty pictures.

maj

Postby ramseames » Mon May 19, 2014 8:43 am

You were being ridiculously hyperbolic dude. If you pay the required amount of taxes on your income/your business's revenue that's allanyone can ask from you

ramseames

Postby stappard_ » Mon May 19, 2014 10:13 am

Folk/Oliver Spencer/YMC sample sale this weekend in London, up to 80% off

28 Redchurch Street, 12-7 fri, 12-6 sat, 12-4 sun

stappard_

Postby raags » Mon May 19, 2014 11:11 am

i don't know what direction i want to take my wardrobe in and it stresses me out a lot. i have been thinking of taking it in a near monochrome/military/slightly futuristic direction but i see so many pieces i find inspiring and compelling and exciting i don't know where to go. i bought some dbss boots from yahoo jp today on impulse though and i think taking it in the aforementioned direction is good for me and will make me feel good. i am an extroverted, jovial, silly guy in person and in my head the contrast of wearing a lot of black and more sombre clothing really appeals to me. just need a nice outerwear piece before winter properly kicks in, a ideally a nice jacket or coat that i feel i can hide from the world inside and wear the fuck out of. rak city, don't fail me now...

raags
Best Dressed

Postby anonomous » Mon May 19, 2014 2:15 pm

save your fav outfits you see online and build from there (smiling)

anonomous

Postby can- » Mon May 19, 2014 2:22 pm

just relax. if you're not enjoying your relationship with clothing (be it wearing, shopping, discussing, taking fit pics) then just step back for a minute.

money can cop jawnz but swag is a small bonsai tree in ur heart which requires patience and love

can-

Postby oucho » Mon May 19, 2014 2:59 pm

oucho

Postby absurdmind » Mon May 19, 2014 3:36 pm

i only have a small list of stuff left to buy for this summer and its all cheap stuff but im broke so that sucks. doc sale ends today and i was hoping to pick up some sandals but that will have to wait. ll bean has the best customer service ive ever dealt with and they have a sweater that is exactly the kind ive been looking for for months. it has decently thick ribs going vertically throughout without looking like it was just knitted, it comes in black and stocks in june so im excited for that. also going to pick up some patagonia shorts for my wardrobe to be complete. im calling this look suburban-goth-hiker, its totally going to catch on.

absurdmind

Postby RycePooding » Mon May 19, 2014 3:57 pm

once you go baggy linen pants you never go back

until i find something else i like at least

RycePooding

Postby AmericanPie » Mon May 19, 2014 5:41 pm

I'm not sure if getting stuck in a comfort zone with clothing is good or bad...

AmericanPie

Postby BobbyZamora » Mon May 19, 2014 6:46 pm

B)
BobbyZamora

Postby rublev » Mon May 19, 2014 7:13 pm

I love Marni right now... like not the more formal stuff but the more weird things that are colourful and nice shapes... also the trousers... always seems to be simple but interesting trousers for spring summer.

rublev
Political Editor

Postby Thomnd » Tue May 20, 2014 1:42 am

couldn't think of anywhere else to put this.

Thomnd

PreviousNext

Return to Tags