[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 379: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 379: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
care-tags.org • View topic - Random Rhetorical Hypebeast Fashion Thoughts

Random Rhetorical Hypebeast Fashion Thoughts

Clothes

Re: ramdom fashion thoughts

Postby drawes » Tue May 20, 2014 3:21 pm

Raf should have a diffusion line called Riff Raf.

Ramstalin

drawes

Postby maj » Tue May 20, 2014 5:32 pm

having a massive moment and realising my raws are far too slim and i can't bear looking at them now.

maj

Postby YoungCanoeist » Tue May 20, 2014 10:23 pm

really digging cosmic wonder light source/solar garden. i love the women's clothing especially. there's something really gentle about the designs. there's also a relaxed elegance to the off-white, loose, soft shapes. it's even playful at times. i'm really attracted to the idea of a relaxed elegance, a self-contained contentment, a smooth nonchalance. the clothing, to me, is just a lovely expression of that.

YoungCanoeist

Postby YoungCanoeist » Tue May 20, 2014 10:54 pm

It's interesting to reflect on my history with clothing.

For me, clothing used to be a source of grasping for ego-ideals, but now it's much more relaxed. Before it was a perfect example of consumerism: constantly buying more and more, looking for happiness in someplace other than here, chasing some sort of static identity or self-value that is altogether separate from what I am as I am....I've become much more comfortable with myself, and much more playful with clothing now because of that. I enjoy it as an expression of beauty with its colors, shapes, textures.

Of course, that kind of grasping doesn't disappear overnight. But I'm realizing the nonreality of my striving and ideals, and our actual universal beauty as human beings. Clothing can be an expression of that beauty if chosen to be.

YoungCanoeist

Postby SCATHINGSOCIALCRITICISM » Wed May 21, 2014 1:54 am

was volunteering at a childrens hospital and found this book about the different cultures of different children by unicef called . there was a kid that looked pretty cool. here's a shitty scan i found

i think the book is copyright in 1995 or something

SCATHINGSOCIALCRITICISM

Postby eskdc » Wed May 21, 2014 11:59 am

One of the things I've always found peculiar about the way I draw flintstone is that I look to brand lookbooks, but then go and research the original inspirations for them and buy THAT. I don't know if it necessarily has anything to do with spending less, I think it has more to do with "hey, that's a cool idea they got from that concept, let's see what *I* can do with it".

eskdc

Postby CleanThug » Wed May 21, 2014 5:19 pm

FBT's are so played on the internet but patchwork ones are dope

CleanThug

Postby can- » Wed May 21, 2014 5:38 pm

are they made with vintage delicate beads tho

can-

Postby WikiZuHeltzer » Wed May 21, 2014 5:57 pm

WikiZuHeltzer

Postby CleanThug » Wed May 21, 2014 9:03 pm

In a newsletter from End I got today they described NBHD as a "workwear" brand. It got me thinking, is that what NBHD is? There's definitely is some of those vibes but that wouldn't be the term I would use to describe them.

CleanThug

Postby kyung » Wed May 21, 2014 9:38 pm

A lot of nbhd is influenced by motorcycle culture. Not necessarily workwear in the bearded tree chopping moc toe sense, but rugged materials necessary to protect oneself while riding a bike

KIMCHI SLAP

_( :⁍ 」 )_
kyung

Postby purkinje » Wed May 21, 2014 9:42 pm

"neighborhood urban garment..." "neighborhood technical apparel..."

Love what neighborhood does though I feel like there's a bit of dissonance between what they label themselves as vs. what the stuff they put out says. That being said, they have a pretty wide range of stuff and to pigeonhole them into workwear or jap repro or ~urban techwear~ doesn't do them any justice. No brand puts out western shirts with whole native american landscapes printed on the front without having a degree of self-awareness, and no strictly heritage brand that I can think of does tshirt collabs with bape or supreme or mastermind. I think it comes down to having a lot of different things that they're passionate about/directions they want to explore and there's no reason they can't do that under a single label.

Would love for someone more knowledgeable than myself to weigh in.

a disaster is a terrible thing to waste
purkinje

Postby CleanThug » Wed May 21, 2014 9:44 pm

perhaps but I think you covered that pretty well

CleanThug

Postby ramseames » Wed May 21, 2014 9:44 pm

no1 influence is motorcycling cuz thats what shinsuke is all about. #2 is work wear. "neighborhood durable work products", chambray/western shirts, aprons, shop jackets, baggy denim, etc.

ramseames

Postby vgtbls » Wed May 21, 2014 11:30 pm

I really want to DIY some cinches on my fatigues. Any tips? Deciding between elastic and webbing, and where to get those things.

vgtbls

Postby IsaiahSchafer » Thu May 22, 2014 1:30 am

I'm oddly annoyed (and very open to someone changing my mind) at people saying things are played out or over-saturated (and letting that deciding how they dress). I get the appeal of being different, ahead of the curve, distancing yourself from "fuccbois" and "internet fashion victims" and the like, but my instinct is to think that it's detrimental to let all that change your wardrobe. I don't think I'm explaining this well, but for me, the bottom line is- it either looks good or it doesn't.

Expected arguments: fashion doesn't exist in a vacuum, context is everything, etc. Just haven't really been convinced by this yet.

And, at the same time, I just realized I do this same thing in some ways. There's a shoe company based in SLC that I used to like. Last winter I went to one of their warehouse sales and literally, every single person there was a genuine hipster douchebag. waxed/curved mustaches, stupid ankle tattoos, complaining about coffee, bragging about how underground their favorite band is, just a hilariously depressing stereotype. And now I refuse to shop at that store again.

IsaiahSchafer

Postby RomanEmpire » Thu May 22, 2014 1:54 am

I don't like it either but I can sort of understand it in some cases. Fashion is about trends and I think once it becomes "overplayed" the trend is about to die off. But that doesn't make something all of a sudden look bad. For example roshes, I personally love them. I like the big sole on them and really enjoy the things Nike have done to make more unique versions of them whether it's making a cool colorway or changing the materials, I think they often times turn out pretty cool (but not always.

I understand why some people don't like them but when they're main argument is that "everyone has them" then I feel like that isn't valid criticism. Just because they became more common outside of internet fashion forums doesn't mean that now look bad and seriously bring down a fit just because of that. But at the same time we love af1s here on CT and those are just as common if not more common than roshes, at least where I live, but af1s are very rarely said to be overplayed.

I guess it also depends on what it is that's overplayed. Roshes are easy to wear poorly, while af1s are a lot more inoffensive and don't look bad very often.

RomanEmpire

Postby bels » Thu May 22, 2014 7:38 am

If it has been done consistently for over 30 years it cannot be overdone no matter what happens.

If it's a "remake" or "the return" it can be overdone and probably already is but if you have your original ones they are immune from being overdone.

If I like it and it's overdone I don't care (unless it makes me look like the people who have overdone it and I don't like those people)

If I don't like it and it's overdone it is overdone (unless it's used in some way other than the way it has been overdone)

Trying to find watertight arguments and concrete opinions on this stuff will just give you a headache and is also overdone.

Take the above as seriously as you need to, it's all a game at the end of the day never lose track of the fun.

bels
Yung Winona

Postby maj » Thu May 22, 2014 7:51 am

if someone i don't like is wearing it, it's overdone

maj

Postby odradek » Thu May 22, 2014 7:57 am

we can stop pretending this movie didn't exist just long enough for this brief announcement:

edit: top of the page for this garbage, ugh

odradek

Postby oucho » Thu May 22, 2014 10:37 am

I hate this idea that some people have of 'objective beauty': 'if it looks good: it looks good' as though there is no relation between context/concept and appeal

c o n c e p t i s e v e r y t h i n g

oucho

Postby eskdc » Thu May 22, 2014 11:53 am

Just saw an old asian lady with red dyed hair, beige workshirt, slate gray undershirt, olive cropped pants, and HOT PINK CROCS. extremely dope. Or maybe I'm just broken.

eskdc

Postby CleanThug » Thu May 22, 2014 8:04 pm

I really like reading physical fashion media. Sometimes I think that fashion is grounded to the internet when it's quite the opposite.

CleanThug

Postby RomanEmpire » Thu May 22, 2014 9:49 pm

Interesting video, really enjoyed watching it

RomanEmpire

Postby ramdomthought » Fri May 23, 2014 10:49 am

I don't like post o'alls

They stink

ramdomthought

Postby nevergreen » Fri May 23, 2014 11:52 am

they do have one of the best jackets i've seen tho

nevergreen

Postby owlix » Fri May 23, 2014 12:19 pm

Hey guys, first post, hi! I'll definitely be sticking around.

I'm not really sure where to post this but I thought I'd give the site I intern for a quick plug.

owlix

Postby zayg » Fri May 23, 2014 2:22 pm

just saw an old asian dude with a cool blue plain baseball hat, some cool lighter colored jacket or shirt that i don't really remember because i was fixated on his lower half, some cropped pants that had the lower panel in a bright floral print, and some leather shoes with HUGE soles.

considering nobody dresses interestingly in my area, this was super cool. dude looked rad as fuck.

zayg

Postby CleanThug » Fri May 23, 2014 5:12 pm

thanks !

CleanThug

Postby bouquet » Fri May 23, 2014 8:31 pm

Almost buying things that I only sort of like and then catching myself and not buying them is very nearly as satisfying as buying things that I do like. It feels good to exercise some sort of self control.

bouquet

PreviousNext

Return to Tags