[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 379: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 379: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
care-tags.org • View topic - Random Rhetorical Hypebeast Fashion Thoughts

Random Rhetorical Hypebeast Fashion Thoughts

Clothes

Re: ramdom fashion thoughts

Postby bels » Fri Jun 06, 2014 3:08 am

Looks quite nice actually and the price is right (If anything a little too cheap). I'd be interested on the take from our textiles team though.

bels
Yung Winona

Postby Bobbin.Threadbare » Fri Jun 06, 2014 3:28 am

Khadi/kadhi fabric is amazing but having seen and felt tonnes of it its extremely varied. Some is very rough and textured and others is flat and regular - which I like.

Overall I'd say go for it if you like it. Very good price considering fabric unless something odd is going on. This is not at all an accusation but the domestic and export market is awash with fake khadi. I bought a cotton khadi shirt in India which proved to be neither cotton or khadi.

Khadi comes from a very interesting movement started by ghandi to take back self sufficiency from the powers and keep tradition alive. Both katy and I have worked with the official khadi institute in ahmedebad.

Probably too much insight there..

Bobbin.Threadbare

Postby Bobbin.Threadbare » Fri Jun 06, 2014 4:07 am

Ventile is not made in England.

Bobbin.Threadbare

Postby eskdc » Fri Jun 06, 2014 8:04 am

eskdc

Postby bels » Fri Jun 06, 2014 8:07 am

Asos shares down 30% according to the FT. Worth a punt I wonder?

bels
Yung Winona

Postby maj » Fri Jun 06, 2014 11:47 am

gettin them current season jackets for 90% off, literally sweating with some badly listed auction hope he doesn't retract. good thing i got the towel today i can dry myself off.

maj

Postby anshin » Fri Jun 06, 2014 9:43 pm

ne travaillez jamais!
anshin

Postby ramseames » Fri Jun 06, 2014 9:46 pm

Raf not kanye

ramseames

Postby kcajgnifnif » Sat Jun 07, 2014 4:42 am

In a bit of a fashion 'low' at the moment. Not really sure where my style is headed, just picking up pieces and feeling like I have no direction. Picked up a Raf yo-ga tshirt and a pair of rafidas rising star 2's, so thats cool I guess. Next I want to cop some Ramones, nicer cropped trousers and some sweatpants or cargos. Just need to save a bit for the ramones. Anyone have any advice on how to lock down your style? sounds dumb I know but I dress so eclectically its crazy.

kcajgnifnif

Postby maj » Sat Jun 07, 2014 4:50 am

easiest way to "lock down your style" is to buy nothing, become a installation art piece representing who you are at a specific moment in time. if you however are a consumerist pig who likes to buy stuff to fill a void in their life (much like myself) just buy what you want, and then buy the bits to make those outfits cohesive (individually or as a wardrobe) and before you know it people are saying "wow dfojnjdfvfhrjgsokg, you have such a cohesive style!", when in reality you're still the same decisiveness mess you always were in constant stylistic despair. i think a lot of people try to focus on an end goal or getting to the point where they're happy with what they wear and they'll only just buy that, this does happen for some but from my view clothes and trends are dynamic so it's only natural for me to change over time with them. this is not to say you won't have long term preferences or are always drawn to certain themes, but having having a variety of styles isn't really a bad thing if they're all well executed.

that's my view anyway.

in other news over the last 24 hours i've won two "new" raeburn jackets for 90% off (paying £40 for both instead of £600) and i can't help but feeling a little bad, the auctions were terribly listed and as such no-one found them/ knew/ cared what they were except me apparently.

Last edited by maj on Sat Jun 07, 2014 5:05 am, edited 2 times in total.
maj

Postby Syeknom » Sat Jun 07, 2014 4:54 am

Syeknom

Postby kcajgnifnif » Sat Jun 07, 2014 4:58 am

@syeknom @maj
cheers guys, both viewpoints have given me a few things to think on. Cheers friends :]

kcajgnifnif

Postby bels » Sat Jun 07, 2014 6:20 am

Was sure you were a spam bot with that name. .

bels
Yung Winona

Postby kcajgnifnif » Sat Jun 07, 2014 6:58 am

Probably should have chosen a better name

kcajgnifnif

Postby eskdc » Sat Jun 07, 2014 9:33 am

organized my wardrobe the other day, and realized that I've pretty much built up something that allows me to hit pretty much any niche event I can think of in a personalized way. I know that sounds nebulous, but TL;DR happy with my wardrobe.

Organizing the wardrobe is kind of a summer project that I'm documenting. Might post it up here or on reddit later as a lot of people might be interested in my process

eskdc

Postby stappard_ » Sat Jun 07, 2014 10:49 am

biannual sales season self-admonishment: I don't like that something being on sale factors into whether I might buy it, but it does

stappard_

Postby rublev » Sat Jun 07, 2014 10:50 am

rublev
Political Editor

Postby prawnzee » Sat Jun 07, 2014 11:12 am

I just now realized, that I've been "interested" in fashion since I first saw queer eye for the straight guy

prawnzee

Postby Stingray Sam » Sun Jun 08, 2014 12:49 am

All these jumpsuits look so cool, but are so expensive

Stingray Sam

Postby Blastoise » Sun Jun 08, 2014 2:59 am

I personally try to find a path to wander down rather than lock down a style or have an end goal. It's alright to go off course occasionally. If it happens naturally, it'll come together naturally too.

Blastoise

Postby smiles » Sun Jun 08, 2014 4:59 am

Why is impossible to find adidas slides in hk :/

草地跑過的腳印
smiles

Postby WussWayne » Sun Jun 08, 2014 9:20 am

I took all my gear back to my parent's house this weekend except for one pair of jeans, some old converse, my nb's, four tees, old abercrombie hoodie and target sweatpants. I feel free

Nightclub on a Friday
Get my Gucci on
F-f-f-firestarter
Yes, I'm in the zone
You coming on me like a player (WOOF!)
But your game's all wrong
You get your words all twisted
It's the same old song
WussWayne

Postby bueno » Sun Jun 08, 2014 10:15 am

my heels aren't enjoying my new ranger mocs

bueno

Postby rublev » Mon Jun 09, 2014 7:36 am

Image Image

Image Image

Image Image

:eek:

OL AW14

OL were pretty much the first 'brand' i really got into but then i went off them for a few years but in the last year i think they've become my fave again. I love that they've moved away from the classics they used to concentrate on / be known for (essentially button down shirts and sweats etc). I remember reading most on fuk thinking the new stuff was awful and that they'd wish they'd just go back to making basic button down shirts or whatever but they crazy (says more about that forum than OL). Love that they're becoming more creative each season but seem to do with their tongue in their cheek a lot of the time.

Top left jacket is pinnacle of white outwear!!!!!!!!! Arctic explorer chic etc..

rublev
Political Editor

Postby stappard_ » Mon Jun 09, 2014 8:00 am

Those were my exact thoughts on FUK/OL too. Everyone seems to hate that they're doing less 40s shirts etc now but the last couple of seasons have been the best yet - AW13's toxic long coat thing was exceptional.

I want to wear that white jacket and chase james bond on skis

stappard_

Postby bels » Mon Jun 09, 2014 5:20 pm

Have to get black tie. Suit Supply or Marks and Spencer?

bels
Yung Winona

Postby CleanThug » Mon Jun 09, 2014 5:27 pm

GOAT Yohji quote

CleanThug

Postby kcajgnifnif » Tue Jun 10, 2014 5:26 am

kcajgnifnif

Postby JewTurk » Tue Jun 10, 2014 5:32 am

Yohji has some other quote about the color black that I see on blogs all the time.

I'm also pretty bad about spending money on clothes but I look back and I was just as bad with online gaming/PCs. $1,200 for a PC, ~$500 on BFH, almost $500 on LoL. These are estimates, probably more to be honest. Factor in the amount of time spent on each... Colossal in comparison to what I've currently spent on clothes.

JewTurk

Postby purkinje » Tue Jun 10, 2014 8:57 pm

that constant cycle of buying things in the off season and waiting for it to warm/cool so you can wear them comfortably :ugeek:

not complaining though, excited to try a bunch of stuff sitting in the closet once it cools down... new stone island garb is becoming restless in there

a disaster is a terrible thing to waste
purkinje

PreviousNext

Return to Tags