[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 379: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 379: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
care-tags.org • View topic - Random Rhetorical Hypebeast Fashion Thoughts

Random Rhetorical Hypebeast Fashion Thoughts

Clothes

Re: ramdom fashion thoughts

Postby Stingray Sam » Sun Jun 15, 2014 11:39 am

can anyone direct me to some cool indigo dyed fabrics to patch my jeans with?

Stingray Sam

Postby purkinje » Sun Jun 15, 2014 11:50 am

when I see a cool texture on a garm I get a compulsive urge to lick it

a disaster is a terrible thing to waste
purkinje

Postby mc-lunar » Sun Jun 15, 2014 2:39 pm

mc-lunar

Postby Bobbin.Threadbare » Sun Jun 15, 2014 2:52 pm

Fashion equivalent of slash fiction.

Bobbin.Threadbare

Postby bels » Sun Jun 15, 2014 2:59 pm

John's hands lightly brushed Bobbin's face as he felt the collar material between two fingers.
"Is this...?"
"Hand loomed." Said Bobbin, his voice catching in his throat.
"And you think it will help us win the Pokémon championship?"
"I know it will." said Bobbin, realising that somehow, impossibly, his hand was holding john's

bels
Yung Winona

Postby balloons » Sun Jun 15, 2014 6:32 pm

earlier this month, I had finals, my girlfriend sorta-dumped me, and my computer crashed, so I sort of pumped the brakes on thinking about fashion to any extent beyond "what am I going to wear today, oh shit, I have to leave in the next five minutes or I'm late," etc. when finals ended, I was still without a computer so my only source of clothes-related media was through like, instagram and nothing else (following a few brands and a then another few internet fashionheads, so they're sprinkled in amongst real life stuff that my friends/flaxsisters/etc are posting). didn't really check care-tags on my phone as I find it clumsy and much more enjoyable to read when sitting on a couch with a laptop; I can focus better that way. also, without the computer, I couldn't save every image I like. that was something I did before. I had thousands of images saved and sorted into individual folders categorized by the type of garment. like the megafolder that held all the subcategories was a few gigabytes.

additionally, given that I am no longer in a relationship, I've been spending a lot more time with other friends that I had trouble seeing during the school year. they've been pushing me to add the "and ready to mingle" to my singleness so we've been going out every night, hanging out, getting food, going to parties, I went bowling last night, etc. I never realized how much time relationships take up, and that to make that time, I sort of fell out of a few friend groups. now I'm in the process of redistributing all the free time. it's like holy shit, I'm free friday night, I'm never free friday night because she and I would always see a movie/get sushi/whatever, but now I'm free friday night. and I can do whatever, because it's summer and I already took the ACT in april.

the result has been a general feeling of being untethered, which has been really good for me, I think. thinking about things in a much healthier way. used to be a tad neurotic, not necessarily about planning out things just right, but about letting future thoughts inhibit me from, cheesily enough, ~*~living in the moment~*~, and from enjoying what was already in my life. to bring this back to clothing (this is random fashion thoughts after all), something I did/do (it's only been like 2 weeks since finals ended; I don't wanna sound like I've had some magical epiphany and reached enlightenment) was order clothes that I liked and at a price good enough that I could sell them at really no loss if I didn't like them. this would allow me to ignore having to worry about returning them and to order them without tossing and turning about whether or not I liked them enough and how much is return shipping to europe and oh shit what if I don't like it when it gets here because it looks different from how it did in the pictures. however, a byproduct of this method was that I'd have cool clothes sitting in my room, new w/ tags, that weren't being worn because there was some (often minor) detail about the garment that I didn't like. I would be stuck trying to determine if this detail detracted from the appeal enough for me to not want to wear it. and I couldn't take off the tags and wear it out to see if I liked it because then I wouldn't be able to sell them as new and break even, even after just a wear. recently had a fuck-it moment and took the tags off these stonewashed LVC 606s. I wasn't sure about them because the wash was cool and not weirdly distressed, but I was worried they looked too much like mom-jeans and also the inseam is a few inches too long so I'd have to decide if I wanted to just cuff them or get them hemmed (also, they have some cool distressing or something at the hem, so I'd have to get them specially hemmed and find a tailor who can do that). but I just wore them recently. tags are off. rather fond of them. they're not perfect but I'm pretty glad I kept them.

also, without the computer, I've kind of discovered a few things I do like / few things I don't really like. I think the internet was affecting my judgment in a way that wasn't exactly normal to how I feel on my own, if that makes sense. not to say that the internet is some type of evil that corrupts people's opinions and makes you like scoop necks when without it you'd probably prefer a slightly higher neck line, but just that it was influencing me in ways I wasn't really aware of until I spent some time without it. I think exposure to so many different styles has helped to broaden my perspective and make me realize how much is out there, but it also had me trying to sort everything into distinct realms in my mind, and I wasn't sure which realm I wanted to dress in. it's been talked about to some length how trying to label this as dark-americana and that as goth-ninja et al is harmful to experimentation and only serves to limit, which definitely seems to be/have been a problem that I encountered, like many others. ridding of these thought processes has made me realize that I don't think I should aspire to dress into a specific aesthetic but rather focus on how clothes make me feel. not specifically about comfort (this sweatshirt is really soft, etc) but about if I like the idea of wearing this brand, or if for whatever reason this plain black tshirt appeals to me way more than any other, etc. practically intangible reasons that, when closely analyzed, are hard to explain that far beyond "I just liked it more than the other ones".

as I said though, it's only been like 2 weeks without, so I hope this isn't coming across as didactic or anything. it's amazing to me that I probably haven't spent this long without the internet/redit/caretags in a few years. I was never really conscious of how much time I was spending on internet communities, but I guess it adds up. like I'd check mfa faithfully every day or every other day - would never really go beyond a week without checking in. recently I haven't even liked it much there; I've just kind of gone out of instinct.

anyway, to bring it back to fashion again, the way in which things have unfolded for me has been a catalyst for a lot of self acceptance. I'm wearing things with other things I wouldn't have really though to wear before. lot less of focus on brand synergy. on some (most?) days I probably look rather average because I never dressed that out-there anyway but this has been kind of interesting. I wouldn't say eye-opening, but like, it's maybe wiped away a milky film that was over my eyes. or something.

funny thing I feel like a lot of these things (dressing how you feel you want to dress; buying clothes and then actually wearing them) are probably the most simplistic and obvious things that nobody else has really ever had to even figure out. I dunno. I must've been overthinking everything to the point that it was hard to be satisfied with anything.

tho, as I ease myself back into it, all this cool outerwear is calling my name. the OL octopus denim jacket, that one EG ripstop jacket with like 30 pockets, etc. a little hard to justify these high price tags but if it's something I'd wear enough, it could be worth it. I might make an offer on that OL octopus jacket on grailed rn. maybe. I can still be as indecisiveness as ever. also, shit, OL posted and I wanna dress exactly like this except maybe extend those jorts into pants. but otherwise damn, that is a fucking gorgeous shirt, dude. would do that shirt over an LVC 1950s sportswear tee with some ravaged old nudies and beat up cons/pf flyers/etc and be super content with my outfit. I'd even carry a plant with me, just like in the picture!

TL;DR - balloons spends like a few days off the computer, learns how to achieve mediocrity, discovers penchant for succulent-themed outfits

grailed --

instagram --
balloons

Postby popcorn » Sun Jun 15, 2014 6:41 pm

^ I'm a year younger than this guy and my biggest struggle is making sure my pocket tee doesn't have pizza stains on it. I've never had a real girlfriend and I have at least 300 mb of pictures of dogs.

popcorn

Postby Yoder » Sun Jun 15, 2014 7:07 pm

I just let my pocket tees keep their pizza stains to show dominance over my clothes or something like that.

Yoder

Postby CleanThug » Sun Jun 15, 2014 7:15 pm

Yohji is just the best

CleanThug

Postby Blastoise » Sun Jun 15, 2014 9:30 pm

Do I want this?

Also, , how are you feeling about that leather jacket? Not forcing you into selling it, I'm only wondering because I'm trying to consider my budget for this summer and so on.

Blastoise

Postby prawnzee » Sun Jun 15, 2014 9:34 pm

"own your quotes, and don't let anyone make shit up in the interbutt"
- bohji bamabobo in 1962

prawnzee

Postby harmsalmon » Sun Jun 15, 2014 11:01 pm

clothes are getting too overwhelming right now and now that its summer and I'm making extremely $$$$ I'm just gonna be reckless and buy whatever I really like and wear it goddamnit

harmsalmon

Postby starfox64 » Mon Jun 16, 2014 1:27 am

"Authorities say the phony Pope can be recognized by his high-top sneakers and incredibly foul mouth."
starfox64

Postby Syeknom » Mon Jun 16, 2014 9:41 am

- limited selection but good to have somewhere else to get access to his stuff.

Syeknom

Postby JonjoShelvey » Mon Jun 16, 2014 1:39 pm

[vimeo]http://www.vimeo.com/28777015[/vimeo]

JonjoShelvey

Postby Mippipopolous » Mon Jun 16, 2014 2:29 pm

This Collection Look from Neighbour on Christophe Lemaire is really nice. He's a designer I find really intriguing, some really wonderful photos here.

Mippipopolous

Postby harmsalmon » Mon Jun 16, 2014 3:23 pm

fuck I need these hi-tecs in my life

harmsalmon

Postby exprof » Mon Jun 16, 2014 3:36 pm

An older woman in her 60s asked me about my eg vans on the metro and we had a nice chat about opening ceremony and nyc :mrgreen:

exprof

Postby purkinje » Mon Jun 16, 2014 8:00 pm

have 700 bones to drop??

a disaster is a terrible thing to waste
purkinje

Postby maj » Tue Jun 17, 2014 12:23 pm

If there is one thing I learned today it's that if you want to talk about a designer with people who know designers, buy and wear the designers hat.

maj

Postby zayg » Tue Jun 17, 2014 8:16 pm

Went to a nice traditional New England coastal town today (Newburyport). While walking around in my uncomfortably un-broken in Birkenstocks, I wandered over to a little boardwalky trail thing that runs next to the marinas. Groups of elderly folk wearing their traditional all white New Balances lined the walls and benches.

All of a sudden, an old dude had a pair of sneakers that caught my eye. This old dude, and I mean "probably was fighting the Wehrmacht in Normandy 70 years ago" old, looked to be rocking one of care-tag's favorites - all white Air Force 1s. I suppose that makes some sense...who hasn't though that those would be perfectly fitting for someone old who needs comfortable shoes. I continued to look through my sunglasses as I walked by looking for the signature swoosh...but I saw nothing at all. Gramps wasn't rocking any old AF1s. Gramps was rocking...

zayg

Postby JewTurk » Tue Jun 17, 2014 9:34 pm

I feel the need to taper all of my pants to a 6.25" opening or I feel like I'm wearing a boot cut.

JewTurk

Postby CleanThug » Tue Jun 17, 2014 10:47 pm

I may also have to get the BW-Camper sneaks, they're just too good

CleanThug

Postby popcorn » Wed Jun 18, 2014 12:20 am

If a star explodes and Syeknom adopts a redneck's accent and SOMEHOW the banner changes from Raf Simons, I nominate the next cutest C-T hypetrain designer, Daiki Suzuki.

rumor has it the bald man still misses the musk of daiki to this day

i bet he's guiding the way to all your hopes and dreams

"i'm really proud of u ryan"

popcorn

Postby hamburgerlady » Wed Jun 18, 2014 12:34 am

i'm going to be poor my first day back in japan july 1st.
(hotel in shibuya is a 5 minute walk to lad musician)

hamburgerlady

Postby can- » Wed Jun 18, 2014 2:42 am

lad who ??

can-

Postby hamburgerlady » Wed Jun 18, 2014 2:53 am

idkㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤ

hamburgerlady

Postby mc-lunar » Wed Jun 18, 2014 2:25 pm

mc-lunar

Postby bobo77 » Wed Jun 18, 2014 9:27 pm

Ordered these:
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00AKSD004/

For use at the gym. Can't stop wearing them around the house or for whatever. The cozy boy life is real, and I like it. I'm probably gonna get another navy pair, and a pair in dark grey.

bobo77

Postby oldtrailmix » Wed Jun 18, 2014 11:52 pm

if i was a girl i'd wear nothing but oversized crewnecks, denim and sneakers

oldtrailmix

PreviousNext

Return to Tags