[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 379: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 379: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
care-tags.org • View topic - Random Rhetorical Hypebeast Fashion Thoughts

Random Rhetorical Hypebeast Fashion Thoughts

Clothes

Re: ramdom fashion thoughts

Postby Syeknom » Thu Jul 10, 2014 11:31 am

Browns and earthy tones are good fun.

Syeknom

Postby WussWayne » Thu Jul 10, 2014 12:11 pm

Goddamnit, I can never seem to get the fit I want when I buy pants on the internet

Nightclub on a Friday
Get my Gucci on
F-f-f-firestarter
Yes, I'm in the zone
You coming on me like a player (WOOF!)
But your game's all wrong
You get your words all twisted
It's the same old song
WussWayne

Postby exprof » Thu Jul 10, 2014 4:11 pm

Can leather gloves plz make a comeback???

exprof

Postby nick » Thu Jul 10, 2014 4:37 pm

i want to buy these three, wear them together, and be the coolest dude that ever lived (cooler than )

truth be told i've already achieved some level of cool:

when will wearing the matching shirts/jacket with the pants/shorts become socially acceptable?

nick
Eminent Eminem

Postby bels » Thu Jul 10, 2014 6:07 pm

Do you ever see someone who is totally cool even though they obviously have spent no time thinking about their clothes and get really mad/sad?

bels
Yung Winona

Postby JewTurk » Thu Jul 10, 2014 6:11 pm

JewTurk

Postby harmsalmon » Fri Jul 11, 2014 12:28 am

I wish i could dress as cool as I am able to envision myself dressing in my head

I would chalk it up to money or being a weird size but I see too many people that look cool as hell w cheap clothes/funky body types so maybe I'm just uncreative idk

harmsalmon

Postby JewTurk » Fri Jul 11, 2014 6:50 am

Perfect example at work today.

Guy rolls in with a flat bill hat, oversized white shirt with rolled up sleeves, he's got tattoos up and down both arms, short cut off jorts above the knee and toms and he looked cool as fuck.

I don't even think he knew where he was.

JewTurk

Postby bels » Fri Jul 11, 2014 7:33 am

The list of dope shit Americans don't "get" is vast and uncountable.

What is the dope shit that Euros don't "get" ?

bels
Yung Winona

Postby Bobbin.Threadbare » Fri Jul 11, 2014 7:56 am

Just wear clothes you like whenever you like and don't give a shit about what people think.

WAYWT type stuff might be really good for advice if you're wanting to dress more fashionable, mainstream or capture a zeitgeist look but honestly I think everyone needs to just wear whatever you like. You don't have to make any permanent choices with fashion.

I only have myself to use as an example but I walked around Hanoi in brothel creepers and a versace shirt, and I remember wearing a leather rider and chinos mountain hiking. I see people say stuff like 'yeah but you live in London/a big city/ etc.' but that shouldn't really matter.

95% of people who see me on a daily basis probably think I don't know what a comb is and that I need to get a girlfriend to dress me. I know I'm probably quite an extreme example but I don't see why anyone should feel less liberated than me.

Bobbin.Threadbare

Postby Syeknom » Fri Jul 11, 2014 8:10 am

I live in a small city (albeit a very accepting and passive one) and day-to-day dress like a fool. Every day is a new day to try out something fun and wear whatever I fancy (weather/activity permitting). I get approximately 5-10 odd looks every time i leave the house due to my back brace and it's really not so bad. Don't know why people fear odd looks or comments.

Syeknom

Postby bels » Fri Jul 11, 2014 8:33 am

Probably because odd looks or comments are the first step in the long road to getting your head kicked in for no real reason by people you've nothing to do with.

Agree with you both overall though. It's just clothes. You'll probably be fine even if they look bad.

bels
Yung Winona

Postby Syeknom » Fri Jul 11, 2014 8:34 am

So happy I don't live in the UK anymore

Syeknom

Postby Bobbin.Threadbare » Fri Jul 11, 2014 8:38 am

Legitimately convinced that no one will ever beat me up for way I dress because they wouldn't want to be caught touching me.

Bobbin.Threadbare

Postby bels » Fri Jul 11, 2014 8:44 am

To be fair, the people who will beat you up for how you dress will beat you up regardless of what you're wearing. If they need a reason they'll find it. May as well get your ass kicked whilst wearing dope garms.

bels
Yung Winona

Postby Bobbin.Threadbare » Fri Jul 11, 2014 8:56 am

Exactly. In Dublin a couple of weeks ago some guy came up to my face and called me a "Muslim C**T". That had nothing to do with the Moschino, the vegan flapjack or my dancing style.

Bobbin.Threadbare

Postby stappard_ » Fri Jul 11, 2014 9:06 am

In my area of london, most of the young gentlemen who the daily mail would probably tell you to be scared of are pretty enthusiastic proponents of the 'sliders/dishdasha/adidas originals tracksuit top' combination, which as well as looking proper cool, is already way more sartorially adventurous than some guy in a posh shirt

stappard_

Postby nick » Fri Jul 11, 2014 9:19 am

nick
Eminent Eminem

Postby ramseames » Fri Jul 11, 2014 9:19 am

ramseames

Postby mc-lunar » Fri Jul 11, 2014 9:52 am

I think Bela's mad that there was talk about not liking polos in the nocop thread

mc-lunar

Postby vgtbls » Fri Jul 11, 2014 11:30 am

I was adamant I'd be able to find a straw good sun hat that's round and wide in Istanbul. Everything I've seen has been tiny brim or with a cowboy- or trillby-style top. Very upsetting. Anything remotely close is very effeminately designed. Maybe I'll just go back to PA and look in Amish country.

vgtbls

Postby JewTurk » Fri Jul 11, 2014 1:24 pm

JewTurk

Postby brlmski » Fri Jul 11, 2014 2:33 pm

brlmski

Postby ballast » Fri Jul 11, 2014 3:51 pm

batgirl now wears yellow 1460s

ballast

Postby exprof » Fri Jul 11, 2014 4:10 pm

buttons > zippers

exprof

Postby starfox64 » Fri Jul 11, 2014 6:47 pm

as if a tight leather jacket is more practical for a superhero than a spandex top

"Authorities say the phony Pope can be recognized by his high-top sneakers and incredibly foul mouth."
starfox64

Postby birdman caw » Sat Jul 12, 2014 2:32 am

c-t missed connections: if you live in Boulder, CO and went to Sushi Zanmai wearing an APC linen bomber friday night, sup

birdman caw

Postby kcajgnifnif » Sat Jul 12, 2014 5:01 am

Just found the pair of petit standards my ex gave to me like a year ago. Is it bad that I'm struggling it put an outfit together with something as simple as BLUE JEANS? I guess they don't fit my aesthetic

kcajgnifnif

Postby prawnzee » Sat Jul 12, 2014 5:55 am

the new OL model looks cool

first a/w drop

I like pretty much everything. new silk shirt colors look good, that suede zip shirt is cool, zebra shirt is 70's swedish disco and I like that. yeah

prawnzee

Postby stappard_ » Sat Jul 12, 2014 7:05 am

I liked the guy they used for ss14 splash with the barrel chest and the crazy nose.

A couple of the shirts miss the mark (rainbow print, that blue Square thing) but the zebra shirt, the raster shirt etc are nice. Looking forward to outerwear/some more interesting stuff, this is a bit of a slow start.

stappard_

PreviousNext

Return to Tags