[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 379: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 379: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
care-tags.org • View topic - Random Rhetorical Hypebeast Fashion Thoughts

Random Rhetorical Hypebeast Fashion Thoughts

Clothes

Re: ramdom fashion jorts

Postby ramdomthought » Wed Jul 30, 2014 6:18 pm

or is it just saying "this is our market?"

ramdomthought

Postby Blastoise » Wed Jul 30, 2014 6:53 pm

why do you say that they're a joke? Sure their presentation is always a little gimmicky but they seem solid enough besides that.

Blastoise

Postby oucho » Wed Jul 30, 2014 8:40 pm

oucho

Postby eufemism » Wed Jul 30, 2014 10:23 pm

is penfield still decent quality? i want to buy one of their Gibsons for late summer/early fall and at 115 usd is seems like an ok price.

eufemism

Postby nick » Wed Jul 30, 2014 10:50 pm

nick
Eminent Eminem

Postby Blastoise » Wed Jul 30, 2014 11:13 pm

Yeah I can see what you're saying. Their approach seems over the top for what they really are. It's relatively simply clothing slightly changed to fit their look (which I like quite a bit for the most part) with an inflated price because of it. I don't know if I'd go as far as calling the brand a joke though. I honestly kind of enjoy the gimmicky-ness of it in a way?

Blastoise

Postby bobo77 » Wed Jul 30, 2014 11:56 pm

Out of town, but planning to clear out my wardrobe in anticipation of college. I expect it to be liberating/make me feel like a consumerist pig. I don't think I'm gonna do the french wardrobe thing, but I wanna try a clothing cop freeze until Thanksgiving at least. Probably gonna give most of the clothes to my younger brother and/or Goodwill.

Edit: Any wardrobe clearout/minimalist wardrobe tips??

bobo77

Postby bels » Thu Jul 31, 2014 7:16 am

I dunno. But if you get any good ideas you could put them in the "Future Is Curatorial" thread.

I think the key to a minimalist wardrobe is probably getting a stack of tshirts/shirts you like and burgundy derbies. Otherwise you could do that trick where you put all your clothes in the wardrobe with the hangars facing backwards and then if you wear it put it back in with the hangar facing the other way. That way in 1 mo or w/e you can look and see which items aren't getting any wear. (Obviously this is basically stupid but could have some use)

bels
Yung Winona

Postby Syeknom » Thu Jul 31, 2014 7:32 am

Speaking of burg derbs

(Dries AW14, techno fabric)

Syeknom

Postby bels » Thu Jul 31, 2014 7:52 am

Firetrap AW14, polyester

have a word mate.

bels
Yung Winona

Postby odradek » Thu Jul 31, 2014 9:47 am

we have a breach the brand synergy compound, sector r.

odradek

Postby maj » Thu Jul 31, 2014 4:29 pm

maj

Postby freddy » Thu Jul 31, 2014 6:22 pm

just tried some EG (Engineer Garments) - was a lackluster experience and felt pretty disappointed/underwhelmed

Get at me.

freddy

Postby stappard_ » Thu Jul 31, 2014 6:58 pm

hoist by his own petard

stappard_

Postby odradek » Thu Jul 31, 2014 7:21 pm

odradek

Postby BIGBEE » Thu Jul 31, 2014 7:57 pm

went to saint alfreds in chicago; it was awesome! I got to handle a ton of brands that I'd only ever seen pictures of. Acronym, visvim, soph etc.

BIGBEE

Postby yubbermax » Fri Aug 01, 2014 12:24 am

I wanted a pair of black cords so I bought a pair of black cords. Jcrew on ebay for $17 shipped.

yubbermax

Postby nevergreen » Fri Aug 01, 2014 3:22 am

totokaelo was the coolest store i've been to thus far and everyone there is so well dressed

nevergreen

Postby popcorn » Fri Aug 01, 2014 3:48 am

if you have pics pls post because i love their website, especially the way they style this model

who's a huge improvement over the old method of this guy staring into your soul at nearly anatomical position

popcorn

Postby Mippipopolous » Fri Aug 01, 2014 10:27 am

Ervell's webstore has some FW14 stuff up now. Some solid pieces, but some of his color choices are a little odd at the moment, hope he puts out more colors of the pocket sweater at least. I need to get ahold of this sweater somehow it's so nice looking, really glad they removed the ugly tag that was on the runway version.

Mippipopolous

Postby nick » Fri Aug 01, 2014 10:44 am

yeah, I was looking it earlier this morning. wonder if those ripstop pullovers made production - I would have paid retail for the yellow one if it wasn't exorbitant.

nick
Eminent Eminem

Postby Ques » Fri Aug 01, 2014 3:36 pm

the soles on his footwear this season are wack

Ques

Postby nevergreen » Fri Aug 01, 2014 5:59 pm

nevergreen

Postby popcorn » Fri Aug 01, 2014 9:12 pm

the future is now, you could (hypothetically) buy lmao

Newegg: Hardware, Software, Haute Couture

popcorn

Postby hirokinakamura » Fri Aug 01, 2014 11:14 pm

The Loopwheel Lord, King of Sweatshirts, and consummate Watch Snob
hirokinakamura

Postby ramseames » Sat Aug 02, 2014 10:13 pm

When you have 28 min to buy your girl the right shoes (bcuz hers are wrong, of course) and catch a cab across downtown H&M is a lifesaver

ramseames

Postby Capt » Sat Aug 02, 2014 11:20 pm

If y'all haven't been following the SF Yohji thread, there is a wonderful series of pictures from an exhibition of some of his work that David lee posted.

Capt

Postby popcorn » Sun Aug 03, 2014 1:19 am

I want to open a curatorial clothing store in west Copenhagen, wherein I live upstairs. There is free coffee and big olive armchairs for you to read a magazine in. This is my dream endgame.

popcorn

Postby bels » Sun Aug 03, 2014 12:44 pm

Cool but charge for the coffee and make the coffee really really good but only offer like two options.

bels
Yung Winona

Postby IsaiahSchafer » Sun Aug 03, 2014 2:32 pm

Been talking on irc about making some Needles-esque flannel repros. I have 4 flannels (blues are M, browns are L) that I plan on making with the scraps of flannel in the album. if you're interested in buying one or anything, let me know, otherwise, this is just a random fashion thought.

http://imgur.com/a/enSGw

will be going for this : http://www.selectism.com/files/2012/07/ ... rts-02.jpg

IsaiahSchafer

PreviousNext

Return to Tags