[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 379: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 379: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
care-tags.org • View topic - Random Rhetorical Hypebeast Fashion Thoughts

Random Rhetorical Hypebeast Fashion Thoughts

Clothes

Re: ramdom fashion jorts

Postby hamburgerlady » Thu Aug 14, 2014 1:45 am

:

I feel as though I relate to how you feel about obsession over hobbies.
For me, my first real hobby in terms of collecting are Japanese magazines. (Specifically, COOLTrans when it was still alive, MENS NON-NO, and POPEYE)
Every single month I would go into the Kinokuniya and pick up the newest issues and flip through them.
Eventually they accumulated, and now it's been 2 years and still continue.
To me, these magazines have always supplied me with flintstone on how to style what I have and new looks that I aren't constantly exposed to on the internet.

And shortly after, with finding out how to proxy from Japan came my Lad Musician-craze that I'm sure everyone already knows about full-well.
Truth is, my obsession with Lad Musician started out with my discovery of the Japanese magazines I collect. And from there it just grew and grew to how it is now.
Now one of my "hobbies" is constantly seeing and enjoying what Lad Musician occasionally puts out.
Being able to purchase a garment and really wear it out or look at it on a hanger is a satisfying feeling.
Also I'd like to note that even though my primary interests are in Lad Musician, that doesn't mean I am not also very much into Japanese-design in terms of other clothing designers as well. (Because Undercoverism, CDG, Etc. are also my interests in terms of collecting pieces that I really enjoy)

I really feel like I relate closely to the people that are in the Happy Victims book because my ideals of one particular brand are very closely correlated with their testaments.
The insight to these thoughts of others really hit home for me.
To be able to have a connection to clothing and everything that envelops it (i.e. the staff at these boutiques, the designers themselves, the presentation) is such a great feeling.

I also feel as though my thoughts have been scattered all over this post, so I apologize for that in advance; but random thoughts I suppose

hamburgerlady

Postby Ques » Thu Aug 14, 2014 1:52 am

Ques

Postby JonjoShelvey » Thu Aug 14, 2014 4:11 am

Nsfw

Last edited by germinal on Thu Aug 14, 2014 7:43 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Spoiler that shit
JonjoShelvey

Postby JonjoShelvey » Thu Aug 14, 2014 8:49 am

lol whoops

JonjoShelvey

Postby Syeknom » Thu Aug 14, 2014 9:00 am

My colleagues behind me did not need to see me looking at a naked pubescent lad

Syeknom

Postby arcticsound » Thu Aug 14, 2014 2:39 pm

been hanging out at some fake canada Men's Fashion Week events and it's kind of fun to see all the people who are 'into fashion' in like the most opposite ways. lots of people are wearing cool shit that they just like to wear, but so many others are just following trends and it's so easy to spot. makes me wonder where i fit in.

arcticsound

Postby teck » Thu Aug 14, 2014 2:54 pm

how do i get one of those cool digitized avatars taht make you look like a character in Final Fantasy 1?

teck

Postby StaSoft » Thu Aug 14, 2014 3:03 pm

hi where is the waywt where the pics are very abstract and experimental?

my dad drives a bernard arnault
StaSoft

Postby StaSoft » Thu Aug 14, 2014 3:06 pm

my dad drives a bernard arnault
StaSoft

Postby popcorn » Thu Aug 14, 2014 3:16 pm

Definite favorite part of that Bela thread:

He even got a downvote for answering it :lol:

popcorn

Postby ballast » Thu Aug 14, 2014 7:57 pm

ballast

Postby forestfeet » Thu Aug 14, 2014 10:10 pm

I got a jumpsuit in the mail today and it's so lovely. It's so perfect. I want to fall asleep in it and wake up still holding it.

forestfeet

Postby chadnik » Fri Aug 15, 2014 2:32 am

I can't see your new avatar and not think of this image (it is a good thing):

chadnik

Postby forestfeet » Fri Aug 15, 2014 4:25 am

I'm very amazed and now I realize I look like that dogue. I am okay with this.

forestfeet

Postby rublev » Fri Aug 15, 2014 1:09 pm

Image Image

first time i've thought damn i want a cord jacket !!!!!!

rublev
Political Editor

Postby vgtbls » Fri Aug 15, 2014 2:17 pm

The first thrift store I ever went to closed down... I'll always have that flannel, wok, and Outkast CD.

vgtbls

Postby hamburgerlady » Fri Aug 15, 2014 8:11 pm

My roommate constantly tells me that she likes clothing, but doesn't necessarily like really speaking about it much.
She has a lot of really really great CP Company, Jil Sander, Marni, etc. pieces and it's really crazy how she puts it all together very simply. (In a good way)
Her closet is seriously insane. And I feel like it's so "effortless" with her.
Also she owns a pair of the Bernhard Willhelm x Campers collab that I never thought would look good until she wore them.

hamburgerlady

Postby vgtbls » Fri Aug 15, 2014 11:11 pm

I think I finally figured out something about this Raf x Ruby shirt...

The way the hands are positioned is the exact same way a parent's hands would be positioned if they were holding up their child. Juxtaposed with the image of the Earth, are we being held up to the world? Or are we the world being held up to the black infinity of the void? Are the disembodied hands an idea that our Fathers are immaterial except for where they touch us? They point us in so many important directions.

EDIT: Is FATHERS FATHERS FATHERS a mantra? A repetition for emphasis? Or is it a "Father's Father's Fathers" linking us into a line of progenitors who lifted us to the skies?

vgtbls

Postby freddy » Sat Aug 16, 2014 12:53 am

i want to wear a [fashionable] mini skirt

(no neg plz because i'm pretty serious here)

freddy

Postby popcorn » Sat Aug 16, 2014 2:01 am

I think the outfit everyone was doing a year ago on effay with a buffalo flannel around your waist, white tee, black jeans, and white CP achilles was just a gateway to men's skirts

speaking of which I think I'll get a buffalo flannel this year, then I'll have the two core flannels and they can be friends in my closet through the other 3 seasons

popcorn

Postby bobo77 » Sat Aug 16, 2014 10:46 am

Is being an in-shape wealthy older man on trend this F/W, Mr. Porter?

bobo77

Postby kyung » Sat Aug 16, 2014 1:54 pm

KIMCHI SLAP

_( :⁍ 」 )_
kyung

Postby dzogchen » Sat Aug 16, 2014 2:37 pm

dzogchen

Postby jrisk » Sun Aug 17, 2014 5:21 pm

turned a set of images from "" into a lazy gif

cool shirt.

jrisk

Postby Prae » Sun Aug 17, 2014 6:03 pm

I think I need to set a limit for the the minimum amount of money I'll allow myself to spend on a clothing item, my drawers are filled with cheap shit that's alright, but ultimately boring. I need to force myself to spend 5x the amount on a 1/5 as many things, wish me luck.

EDIT: Also, fuck being 6'2" & 175lbs with a +6'3" wingspan and having US12.5 feet, for clothing purposes. All the good 2nd hand schnazz is too small.

Prae

Postby rublev » Sun Aug 17, 2014 6:34 pm

Image Image

Image Image

Image Image

Image Image

i think wood wood have always been best when doing womenswear! this year looks really good.

i wish i was a girl so i could wear all this :(

rublev
Political Editor

Postby popcorn » Sun Aug 17, 2014 8:06 pm

maybe I'm being someone's dad here but I think those beanies only detract from the styling, which I really like. It's like a notch down the insane-o-meter from Acne, which is good and bad.

popcorn

Postby ramseames » Sun Aug 17, 2014 10:58 pm

ramseames

Postby Yoder » Sun Aug 17, 2014 11:00 pm

Why is there the implication that they have to move away from the subculture though? I consider myself fairly punk (which means i'm not punk at all) and don't see that changing anytime soon, but I also won't be able to afford UC retail until i'm an "adult" with a job.

Yoder

Postby ramseames » Sun Aug 17, 2014 11:13 pm

that's implied by the words grow up. if you turn 30 and still are punk then you probably would continue to dress the way you do before.

you don't dress punk at all dude

the idea that you (or anyone) who used to or still does dress like this

would look at UC scab jeans or whatever and go yeah, these are definitely worth $400+, is very strange to me

ramseames

PreviousNext

Return to Tags