[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 379: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
care-tags.org • View topic - Random Rhetorical Hypebeast Fashion Thoughts

Random Rhetorical Hypebeast Fashion Thoughts

Clothes

Re: ramdom fashion thoughts

Postby ilikebacon » Mon Aug 25, 2014 2:17 pm

I have a bunch of white tees that turned pink in the wash. I'm thinking of dying them all black. Would I have to dye them twice -- once for the cotton and once for the poly thread? Or will I be okay just dyeing once?

Also what're your guys' opinions on Lookbook.nu lol

ilikebacon

Postby fun_yunchables » Mon Aug 25, 2014 2:48 pm

, i hope you know what you're saying. just because something caters to a different audience doesn't necessitate it being "shit" right away. I'm not a fan of the lb look either personally but calling it "shit" is definitely a hyperbolic, overreaching statement.

coolest lame guy u'll ever meet
fun_yunchables

Postby mc-lunar » Mon Aug 25, 2014 3:37 pm

I think that the issue of people with good photography and interesting shots and attractive people getting much more popularity is hardly a lookbook-specific thing - i know for a long time, the top WAYWT on SF was a (now it's #4, i think) but on most forums, attractive person + photography + easy-to-like, inoffensive clothing will often garner "easy" +votes. What I find interesting about lookbook is that the reputation of brands hardly matter - you see people wearing Topman, H&M, lots of Zara, getting tons of rep. It does cater to a different look (skinny, very slim fits, graphic tops, prints) than care-tags but so does sufu and so does SF and I assume fuk does as well. I don't really think it's fair to say that any of these are worse, though.

Also, as a sidenote - I've been lurking /fa a lot recently and it seems like there is no unifying theme/"style" to their WAYWT threads - you see people wearing stuff that would look at home in MFA and people making fun of them and people wearing SZ gear and people making fun of them.

mc-lunar

Postby ilikebacon » Mon Aug 25, 2014 3:52 pm

Exactly. What makes us any better than them? I mean I guess most of the outfits you find on there are composed of cheap fast fashion garms and are poorly constructed/ripped off designers but I feel like users on Lookbook spend an equal amount of researching and putting thought into the way they dress as us.

What other fashion communities are you guys apart of? I've been on HB and SF since '10 and recently have been getting into Sufu the past year. What do you guys think of them? What do you guys think of threads like HB's Vol. Sac Beefin: ?

ilikebacon

Postby maj » Mon Aug 25, 2014 4:42 pm

personally despise the culture which surrounds hypebeast forums, not for the clothes or their tastes but purely the way they comment is pretty disgusting. any time a female is mentioned it devolves into talking about her ass or if/how much they would do with her and the casual use of racially motivated slurs. just really off putting, you can argue "it's part of the culture" but it's certainly not anything that should be endorsed or respected.

main difference between "us" and lookbook is i feel we're more interested in the pieces and they're more interested in the end look (generalisation noted). it's two different camps and like comparing apples and oranges, neither side is doing anything wrong but it's a culture shock to both.

maj

Postby mc-lunar » Mon Aug 25, 2014 5:04 pm

mc-lunar

Postby popcorn » Mon Aug 25, 2014 6:03 pm

popcorn

Postby UnwashedMolasses » Mon Aug 25, 2014 6:15 pm

UnwashedMolasses

Postby Vaeltaja » Mon Aug 25, 2014 11:29 pm

My second pair of Yohji shorts came in today. I get the whole "wear it oversized" but I might have taken that a bit too literally. The current black belt actually rides up a bit above the waistband because it's a) too big and b) not enough belt loops. I'm tempted to have it taken in by about 1.5" (mail in tailor or the dry cleaner ones... only options) where it would fit more reasonably. It would still need a belt (keeping with YY's intent) but would probably be small enough where belt riding would be lessened, if not completely eliminated.

Wanna redneck? I'll do him an egg. NO SYMPY!
<Reverend> IRC is just multiplayer notepad.
Vaeltaja

Postby CleanThug » Mon Aug 25, 2014 11:33 pm

just missed out on a uu parka. so bummed

CleanThug

Postby CleanThug » Mon Aug 25, 2014 11:58 pm

CleanThug

Postby teck » Tue Aug 26, 2014 10:46 am

i tried to pop over to supreme to see the new fall stuff.

that was a mistake.

teck

Postby starfox64 » Tue Aug 26, 2014 10:58 am

"Authorities say the phony Pope can be recognized by his high-top sneakers and incredibly foul mouth."
starfox64

Postby ilikebacon » Tue Aug 26, 2014 11:06 am

Got a pair of NBHD shorts proxied from Mr Porter. They didn't fit so I shipped them back for an exchange... I forgot to tell my proxy they shipped out my new pair so he missed all the attempted deliveries. Just checked tracking today and they're on the way back to Mr Porter. FUCK

I'm so dumb. Ugh

ilikebacon

Postby teck » Tue Aug 26, 2014 11:48 am

does it calm down ever? i wanted to get a hat. maybe i should try online this thurs?

teck

Postby stappard_ » Tue Aug 26, 2014 12:11 pm

he follows you around the room

stappard_

Postby breakadawn » Tue Aug 26, 2014 12:25 pm

As much as I respect the materials used and the influence of nature on them, I've never really been a fan of vlaada chvatil's clothes, whenever I see pictures they always strike me as a bit awkward on the body. I still think they're great, I just have more respect for the accessories, furniture, etc.

Does anyone feel the same way? I know people that are really into the construction of his clothes.

breakadawn

Postby eyealt » Tue Aug 26, 2014 2:09 pm

Dover Street Market is heaven.

Also cut my finger while trying/buying white CPs there so now I own a pair of bloody laced sneakers (smiling)

eyealt

Postby finolino » Tue Aug 26, 2014 10:22 pm

Almost everything I've purchased as of late (i.e. light wash jeans, af1's, black slip ons, check patterned linen shirts, plus a few more items I have yet to purchase) has been the result of some trend I've seen on the internet and wanted to emulate. Really weird to think about how, when it comes down to it, even the most experimental of us are all essentially blind slaves to trends and grails. However, the fact that the way in which we choose the specific trends we want to follow is what causes all of our styles here to be relatively unique from each other also holds true. Basically, all I'm trying to say here is that I find it interesting how, fashion, though considered to be a medium of creative self-expression within itself, is actually derived for most from a lack of creativity and just blind following and oftentimes blatant copying of what others are doing.

There's a Yohji quote about this, I just forget its exact words...

Also, I can't fucking wait to break out my docs again this winter, -30 degree weather doesn't mean shit to me

finolino

Postby popcorn » Wed Aug 27, 2014 12:21 am

I'm the same, and it's worse because I always plan purchases. While I don't go overboard with my spending, I do end up with just the pieces people I like have been wearing for 2 months. I should really take a moment out of my life to buy some stupid yellow platform shoes with wings on them just so I don't stay a template.

I do love my light wash jeans though, and I think next month I'm gonna buy some vintage pieces I really like (including finally getting a 60/40 :woop:)

popcorn

Postby nick » Wed Aug 27, 2014 12:23 am

In the end, I guess we're all chiefs.

nick
Eminent Eminem

Postby stappard_ » Wed Aug 27, 2014 8:48 am

cmon zara not cool

stappard_

Postby WussWayne » Wed Aug 27, 2014 12:35 pm

Noticed River Song wearing what looks like Issey Miyake(??) upon re-watching Dr Who last night. It really suits her.

Nightclub on a Friday
Get my Gucci on
F-f-f-firestarter
Yes, I'm in the zone
You coming on me like a player (WOOF!)
But your game's all wrong
You get your words all twisted
It's the same old song
WussWayne

Postby bels » Wed Aug 27, 2014 1:10 pm

Ten-C Shearling Hood Liner EU Price #340

You know you're balling out of control when the liner to your hood costs more than most jackets.

bels
Yung Winona

Postby chadnik » Wed Aug 27, 2014 6:52 pm

new Building Block bags in forest green and pebbled o_o

chadnik

Postby hoodoo-operator » Wed Aug 27, 2014 8:38 pm

I'm going to call that Uniqlo's next collab is with Pure Blue Japan.

I'm basing this on a booklet I got when I went to a uniqlo in Philly yesterday. The booklet shows pictures of famous people from Philly, Boston, and LA wearing Uniqlo stuff, to promote the new store openings. In the booklet, Kirsten Kish is wearing "Pure Blue Japan Denim Cropped Shirt ($39.90)" and "Pure Blue Japan Slim Boyfriend Fit Ankle Length Jeans ($79.90)"

There aren't any other Pure Blue Japan products in the catalog, but I assume they'll be making some men's products as well, given that Pure Blue Japan mostly (only?) makes men's clothing. Abner Ramirez is shown wearing "Denim Work Jacket ($79.90)" and "Loose Fit Washed Tapered Jeans ($79.90)"
Given the pricing and type of item, it's possible that these are part of the collab too.

hoodoo-operator

Postby chadnik » Wed Aug 27, 2014 10:56 pm

BB also makes a clutch with that same wood ball that looks like it would be the most satisfying thing to hold.

chadnik

Postby yoyobeat » Thu Aug 28, 2014 11:06 am

wot

yoyobeat

Postby bobo77 » Thu Aug 28, 2014 4:35 pm

Poor suit choice on the part of President Obama. (Yes We Tan)

bobo77

Postby Ques » Thu Aug 28, 2014 11:01 pm

Arriving in Portland tonight and will be checking out the end of season sales for Frances May, Steven Alan, and woodlands tomorrow. Message me your number and items you want me to keep an eye out for + sizes and I will text you prices if I find them (smiling)

Ques

PreviousNext

Return to Tags