[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 379: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
care-tags.org • View topic - Random Rhetorical Hypebeast Fashion Thoughts

Random Rhetorical Hypebeast Fashion Thoughts

Clothes

Re: ramdom fashion thoughts

Postby Blastoise » Wed Sep 03, 2014 11:53 pm

Really liking living in the cities so far (as opposed to the farm town I grew up in) simply because I get to see pieces/brands that I've only ever seen online before. Pretty cool. Saw a few interesting things today (OL zip floral shirt, JS Wings, etc.).

Blastoise

Postby eyealt » Thu Sep 04, 2014 3:45 am

I agree 100% Blastoise. Being able to walk around and just people watch is so sick. I walked past a guy wearing a bunch of Rick, bunch of people wearing Zanottis (ugly but still cool to see) and a bunch of other really good looking outfits. I won't lie, it's also kinda fun when you glance over at someone else and they're looking at your shoes while walking past.

Also sat next to a guy casually wearing Lanvin captoes while eating a burger yesterday. I was gonna comment but decided against. Soon I'll start talking to random people haha.

eyealt

Postby Syeknom » Thu Sep 04, 2014 3:54 am

Syeknom

Postby bels » Thu Sep 04, 2014 6:17 am

At some point you have to come to terms with the fact that anything sold through the wholesale system is over priced for any impact on your life it's going to have and you're just buying it because you enjoy owning it.

Dare you to cop a bunch of M&S and take a fitpic and tell us all it's Howell though. Will rep for that.

bels
Yung Winona

Postby stappard_ » Thu Sep 04, 2014 7:03 am

It blows my tiny mind that there are school-age kids wearing EG. How is it even possible to afford stuff that expensive? There was a kid at my school who went to America and came back with three pairs of Air Max Plusses and he basically ruled the place.

stappard_

Postby oucho » Thu Sep 04, 2014 7:31 am

you often have more money to spend when you're at school because you have 0 expenses, so if you work a job or your parents give you a bit of money then it's not that hard

once you go to uni and start living in the real world a little bit any extra money you get tends to just go on food/drink/transport and it's really hard to save up, I would probably be more surprised by a uni student/grad job worker buying designer clothes than a school kid

oucho

Postby Stingray Sam » Thu Sep 04, 2014 8:58 am

The Christopher Shannon cigarette pack sweaters are $430 :/ I really wanted to get one, but there's no way I can justify that expense. Hopefully they don't sell out and I can get one on sale...

Stingray Sam

Postby Prince of Scandinavia » Thu Sep 04, 2014 11:21 am

I saw this guy at Roskilde Festival wearing an acne marble shirt, so I went over to him and told him it looked great and then ran away for a concert. I just met him yesterday at my university and talked for an hour or two about clothes at a party.

Prince of Scandinavia

Postby Prince of Scandinavia » Thu Sep 04, 2014 1:15 pm

I just got my Raf x Adidas terrex today, first time seeing them without being on the shelves in stores. A few hours later while wearing them down the street in my small town, I see two guys wearing these:

I ran up to them after they passed me and said "nice shoes guys" which made them look at their shoes and then mine, then they nodded and said "right back at ya" and walked away.

Prince of Scandinavia

Postby Vaeltaja » Thu Sep 04, 2014 4:14 pm

Why doesn't shearling have the same stigma as fur?

Wanna redneck? I'll do him an egg. NO SYMPY!
<Reverend> IRC is just multiplayer notepad.
Vaeltaja

Postby une_impasse » Thu Sep 04, 2014 10:22 pm

i'm really pathetic because I'm excited for helmut lang x uniqlo

une_impasse

Postby nick » Thu Sep 04, 2014 10:59 pm

nick
Eminent Eminem

Postby JewTurk » Thu Sep 04, 2014 11:04 pm

http://imgur.com/a/Bgf0E

Women's fashion is so crazy, can't even begin to explain but got damn they all look great.

JewTurk

Postby popcorn » Thu Sep 04, 2014 11:08 pm

I think somebody said a while ago if they were a girl they would always wear tight jeans and a big sweater, and ramseames or someone replied do it.

I have a pair of really tight lightwash 510's that I like to wear with my dad's size L tee shirts and sneakers. Stretch fabrics are getting popular.

popcorn

Postby can- » Thu Sep 04, 2014 11:09 pm

how is this the first time I've heard that plokhov designs for helmut lang?

I can't think of a worse interpretation of the namesake except that plokhov also puts straps on clothing.

sweatpant trend is reaching critical mass in all dimensions, the high street has appropriated all forms of the trend currently (xibalba/kanye jogger, #menswear pant, and all forms of sleek yoga/runway womenswear). I hope sweatshirts, suits and pants will return to us soon as the garment that is cool by nature of how shitty, lazy and casual it is.

can-

Postby popcorn » Thu Sep 04, 2014 11:21 pm

High fashion and fast fashion sweatpants all just seem evil to me. I can't escape the notion that loopwheeled sweats are excessive but, alright, you want the extra slice of cheese, that's cool.

I guess this is influenced by the fact that I lounge in shitty $10 hanes sweatpants from Khols' that fit like two boxes with the knee sag of a 90 year old gymnast.

I consider jogger pants a different game frankly because only the black guys at my school ever wear them and I got a compliment from a guy a foot taller than me in lebron 11's the day I wore mine. Also xibalba Mercers and Publish brands aren't as soft and loving and warm as 'sweatpants' implies.

popcorn

Postby Yoder » Fri Sep 05, 2014 12:12 am

I mean, you can't really knock it until you try it dude. not loopwheeled, but my RC sweats are definitely way better than any cheaper option.

Yoder

Postby Muzzle » Fri Sep 05, 2014 12:28 am

I interact with fashion almost solely on a second-hand level. Marketplaces are easier and cheaper than going to designer sites, and I can tell what works and what doesn't off of forum posts. This approach is frugal and prevents me from getting too sucked in to clothes but I feel like I'm missing something (discovery?)

Muzzle

Postby JonjoShelvey » Fri Sep 05, 2014 8:19 am

Does anybody know of any cool brands/designers coming out of Korea?

JonjoShelvey

Postby hooplah » Fri Sep 05, 2014 1:11 pm

several people have told me that marceline from adventure time reminds them of me, so i decided to see what the hype was about...

...and dude this chick totally wears saint laurent

also still haven't decided if being marceline-ish is a compliment or an insult

hooplah

Postby hoodoo-operator » Fri Sep 05, 2014 1:13 pm

hoodoo-operator

Postby BIGBEE » Fri Sep 05, 2014 1:22 pm

what do you guys think of the new acronym season? I am not a fan of the trench coat. Jacket sling pockets are an idea that I'm surprised they hadn't done yet

BIGBEE

Postby ramseames » Fri Sep 05, 2014 1:30 pm

i like the neckline/hood of the j43gt but yeah, not such a great season.

i get that acr intentionally produces things "the hard way" but its still pretty difficult to reconcile $450 for a regular cotton sweat even if it is cut with a million different little seams. like anyone else with better economy of scale/production volumes and shit could do those for 220.

ramseames

Postby kyung » Fri Sep 05, 2014 2:24 pm

KIMCHI SLAP

_( :⁍ 」 )_
kyung

Postby BIGBEE » Fri Sep 05, 2014 2:41 pm

part of me wants to see acronym get bigger manufacturing, but I think that would kill what makes ACRONYM special to me. It's a tough compromise :/. I should revive the hoods thread with that jacket tho

BIGBEE

Postby can- » Fri Sep 05, 2014 2:47 pm

acronym pricing is fine. a luxury fashion brand will market a cotton sweat for the same or more and it will be some thoughtless piece of crap.

considering the acronym design, place of location, size of production and most importantly the fact that it's a completely unique garment with no comparable option i think 400 or whatever is totally fair. RC sweats are almost 200, right? an acronym product is easily worth 2 or 3x a reigning champ garm to me.

can-

Postby ramseames » Fri Sep 05, 2014 3:03 pm

its priced to be in line with the rest of what they make so I get that, its not like they were ever gonna do a "cheap" sweat and I'm not complaining because this is something I'd buy either.

RC is like 115 still ben.

I dunno it just stands out as the one thing that looks really a bit dead. like the one sweat sisp did this season looks infinitely more not uninteresting. but again its the kind of thing someone who wants to buy acr jackets and pants and shit would add on to their order and not think twice about so its not like they won't sell them in some quantity.

ramseames

Postby BIGBEE » Fri Sep 05, 2014 3:09 pm

I think the pricing for acronym is fair when compared to other expensive fashion brands. I'd feel better paying a grand for a jacket from ACR because it's made out of really cool and advanced fabric

BIGBEE

Postby bobo77 » Fri Sep 05, 2014 3:52 pm

bobo77

Postby eyealt » Fri Sep 05, 2014 4:42 pm

I was walking down the street with a friend today and a guy wearing a long, drapey, ankle length tunic(?) passed by us. My friend looked at me and said "That's full Rick!" As an fyi, the two of usually say that quietly whenever we see an all black outfit, obviously as a joke. But this time he was serious. Right away I knew that it was a religious garment but he was sure the guy was head to toe in Ricky O. As we were about to pass by, he told me he was going to compliment his fit. I went numb and was about to bolt after blurting out three quick no no nos. Thankfully he kept quiet, the man in the tunic inhaled on his cig and all was at peace in the world.

eyealt

PreviousNext

Return to Tags