[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 379: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 379: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
care-tags.org • View topic - Random Rhetorical Hypebeast Fashion Thoughts

Random Rhetorical Hypebeast Fashion Thoughts

Clothes

Re: ramdom fashion thoughts

Postby popcorn » Thu Sep 18, 2014 11:25 pm

continuing j. crew chain

they made exactly the shawl cardigan I wanted, smooth wool, pockets, dense, big shawl, spherical buttons

the question is, am I willing to buy this off sale??!?!?!

popcorn

Postby sidewalk » Thu Sep 18, 2014 11:32 pm

sidewalk

Postby tomsfood » Fri Sep 19, 2014 1:25 am

Don't worry he's accepting offers.

tomsfood
Look Arena Champion

Postby ramseames » Fri Sep 19, 2014 1:35 am

they're a jean

that's so weird

ramseames

Postby BIGBEE » Fri Sep 19, 2014 1:55 am

Some how it makes sense that they are a jean; I can't imagine a marble print being on something light like dress pants. Rocks are rugged, jeans are rugged.

BIGBEE

Postby ramseames » Fri Sep 19, 2014 2:03 am

the classic raf@jil marble piece is a blazer, I assumed they'd have a trouser to go with it.

(maybe they do and he treated that print like franks red hot that season)

ramseames

Postby eyealt » Fri Sep 19, 2014 4:28 am

eyealt

Postby kyung » Fri Sep 19, 2014 2:29 pm

best of uu coming back!

:'(

KIMCHI SLAP

_( :⁍ 」 )_
kyung

Postby Syeknom » Fri Sep 19, 2014 3:23 pm

Happy to be wearing women's clothing once more

Syeknom

Postby BIGBEE » Fri Sep 19, 2014 10:13 pm

What other forums do you guys post on? I only post on care-tags nowadays. Mostly because it's more friendly and open-minded than other forums. I'm not gonna name specifics because I don't want this to turn into shit-slinging about fashion.

BIGBEE

Postby ramdomthought » Fri Sep 19, 2014 11:55 pm

i post exclusively on irc

ramdomthought

Postby Morlin » Sat Sep 20, 2014 2:10 am

really falling in love with EG and Nepenthe's plaid. cant put my finger on what it is but the colors and overdye patterns they get a hold of really have a cozy japan-in-autumn jizz to them..

I think that it is not. Cowichan, etc., If you prefer a thick knit, how about you? It is cool there is atmosphere!
Morlin

Postby ramdomthought » Sat Sep 20, 2014 12:32 pm

hiker shoes and vintage beat to hell levi's with a shortish inseam (stacking but barely) go together like [stupid analogy for very well here]

ramdomthought

Postby maj » Sat Sep 20, 2014 12:38 pm

Finally safe to wear those stone coloured chinos casually again now all I see is joggers, black jeans and light wash. Getting a lot of wear from mine now they shrunk in the wash and are that perfect top of the shoe half break exposing the asda £2.50 for 5 white sock bargains, strong look.

maj

Postby popcorn » Sat Sep 20, 2014 1:37 pm

why do teenage suburban girls like michael kors so much? iPhone cases, purses, bags, watches, shoes... what happened? None of the designs are impressive? Is this the new PRL?

popcorn

Postby INNIT » Sat Sep 20, 2014 3:58 pm

INNIT

Postby ramdomthought » Sat Sep 20, 2014 4:01 pm

polo ralph lauren has some really great stuff dunno why you gotta hate

ramdomthought

Postby CleanThug » Sat Sep 20, 2014 5:34 pm

CleanThug

Postby spahdfgo » Sat Sep 20, 2014 7:27 pm

How many fits are +rep because of the person or the brands instead of the fit itself ?

spahdfgo

Postby Naka_ » Sat Sep 20, 2014 7:54 pm

I went for an interview at COS, and when they asked me about designers that are similar to them, I replied with "Peir Wu." and giggled internally.

Naka_

Postby maj » Sat Sep 20, 2014 7:55 pm

maj

Postby station » Sat Sep 20, 2014 8:28 pm

What happens every time I go on grailed recently

station

Postby ramdomthought » Sat Sep 20, 2014 9:34 pm

who gives a shit who reps who and why they rep them

rep someone if you think their fit sucks

rep someone if you think they suck

rep someone if you want to fellate someone

rep someone if you are currently fellating them

neg a fit because you like it

neg a fit because it sucks

leave care-tags because you care about internet points

ramdomthought

Postby yoyobeat » Sun Sep 21, 2014 12:09 am

long self-reflection ahead:

My friend recently sent me this link: http://the-nife.blogspot.com/2014/09/wh ... -want.html
The author comes to realize that the objects she buys have an aesthetic pattern, and she interprets the pattern as representative of a deeper desire. In her case, she's buying jewelry with Indian, Moroccan flair; she takes this to mean that she wants to travel and is subconsciously manifesting the wanderlust in her purchases instead of actually exploring the world (she also makes note that sometimes we can't get what we really want, and that these purchases can tide us over, but we ought to be aware that we are purchasing to tide ourselves over).

I sent my friend a message wondering what she thought it meant that most of my material desires (clothing) were either super futuristic (techwear) or super rustic/timeless type things (french villager). She thought maybe I was having trouble accepting the present.

Definitely seems to ring true. I don't find the here and now of Chicago living to be so inspiring to me. But it is easy to romanticize the future and the past. Beyond that, there are some other ways that I interpret those clothing choices.

I see the interest in techwear as a desire to be in great shape, active, agile, competent and free, able to move unhindered around the city. The clothes are meant for activity, and have great movement ability. Useful for my biking definitely. I also see them as pretty cool in terms of being modern, futuristic looking.

But I can do those things without the techwear---or at least without the ninja-like stuff; a few pieces from Patagonia or something similar fills the void for activewear just as well at a cheaper price. Also, the techy stuff I find most cool is usually black, which looks bad on me to be honest. It's also possible to walk and bike unhindered, and be active and agile in many normal, non-activewear clothes, so long as they're comfortable, temperature appropriate, and breathe well. Beyond that---there is something to be said for beauty in inefficiency. The feeling of sweating after biking in a sweater and button-down.

The other aesthetic I'm pretty into, and have been for years now, is more timeless stuff that falls somewhere between my idea of french villager, Hemingway, and LL Bean. Natural materials. Leather boots and shoes. Few tailored jackets or vintagey workwear jackets, since those are dead giveaways of periods and times. Everything fitting well, maybe on the slightly looser side, without being slim or overly baggy. In some ways, I think that dressing this way is part of my desire to be someone who DOES THINGS beyond sit in front of a computer. To be fair, I do---just not nearly as much as I could.

Breton-stripe wearing sailors worked and saw the world and nature. French villagers went out and worked--also close to nature. Hemingway had tons of experiences and wrote great novels. Basically, I want to be a more interesting person who has more experiences, especially in nature. The clothes aren't required for that (though I do feel more of a 'true' connection to this style than to techwear, if that makes sense). And to some extent, I think I look to clothes to reflect that.

I don't think I would say clothes are filling a gaping void in my life (though they have in the past), but I will say that I think a lot of the time I spend consuming clothes-related text and images online could be better spent in becoming the kind of person who deserves to wear a certain set of clothes. Of course I don't need to reach some kind of self-zenith in order to be allowed to wear a certain set of clothes, but it's important for me to remind myself that clothes are often just a symbol of the way we wish we were, and that it's possible to become a certain way not just symbolically, but also actually.

yoyobeat

Postby popcorn » Sun Sep 21, 2014 12:33 am

I dress like the internet because I'm almost cool there and it helps me justify not doing things people around me resonate with

popcorn

Postby ramdomthought » Sun Sep 21, 2014 8:12 am

ramdomthought

Postby vgtbls » Sun Sep 21, 2014 10:15 am

Based on my wardrobe, I want to work for a Zaibatsu and then retire to Portland, ME.

Seems pretty spot-on. Got a lot of anxieties regarding employment and the future

vgtbls

Postby hirokinakamura » Sun Sep 21, 2014 10:57 am

discovered this brand today at work

Brú Na Bóinne

“On a undeveloped way, move forward with a desire to fight. Be dressed in ‘the one’.”

Kind of weird japanese brand named after some prehistorical site in Ireland, but they do some cool shit. Such as this bomber that I need to fucking have.

amazing irl and its just perfect fit :sweg:

The Loopwheel Lord, King of Sweatshirts, and consummate Watch Snob
hirokinakamura

Postby ramdomthought » Sun Sep 21, 2014 12:22 pm

you don't realize how light some boots are until you have to wear steel toes or tanks on your feet

ramdomthought

Postby odradek » Sun Sep 21, 2014 2:28 pm

odradek

PreviousNext

Return to Tags