[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 379: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 379: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
care-tags.org • View topic - Random Rhetorical Hypebeast Fashion Thoughts

Random Rhetorical Hypebeast Fashion Thoughts

Clothes

Re: ramdom fashion thoughts

Postby IsaiahSchafer » Thu Oct 02, 2014 12:10 pm

I was reading a couple wikipedia articles on the historicity of Jesus- ie the things historians mostly agree on- his birth, the places he taught, his carpentry, things like that. And they had a slideshow of all these different depictions of Jesus. I saw this one and just thought "Either this is the kind of Jesus that would get put on an Undercover tee, or this is the kind of Jesus that would dress in head to toe undercover." Maybe it's the crazy eyes. Idk.

IsaiahSchafer

Postby hamburgerlady » Thu Oct 02, 2014 6:01 pm

was bored/slow day so i decided to try on some new arpenteur that arrived.
i like the way it looks even though everything appears to be about a half size too big for me (it's all size small).
if i was into this style again, i would've liked to do something similar to this; since it's big but still really put together.

EDIT: : it doesn't really appear to be in the photo, but the smock underneath's sleeves are long.
also pant length is ridiculously long. (cuffed 4 times in that photo, but i like it with cuffs)

hamburgerlady

Postby bels » Thu Oct 02, 2014 6:09 pm

Everything, everywhere looks OK to me. Whatever people post, whatever people wear, I want to comment: "That looks decent, keep it up."

bels
Yung Winona

Postby Yawn » Thu Oct 02, 2014 6:10 pm

10 days till I get my Guidi's
Australia pls.

Yawn

Postby BIGBEE » Thu Oct 02, 2014 6:35 pm

This guy called his white air force 1's coke white air force ones. It's bothering me a lot

BIGBEE

Postby ramseames » Thu Oct 02, 2014 6:42 pm

Would you describe him as someone who has done coke before?

ramseames

Postby nick » Thu Oct 02, 2014 9:05 pm

This might belong in the fast fashion thread, but for greater visibility:

The "taper" cut Uniqlo +J wool pants are what all you guys are looking for. I know was at least. Small (but not obnoxiously so) leg opening, good enough room in the thighs and a really soft wool flannel material for a cool $70. Definitely worth it for your F/W wool trew needs (Loose trew crew need NOT apply).

That being said my amount of wool pants have skyrocketed from 0 -> 5 [Junya, 2x EG 2x +J]. My 'pants issue' should definitely be fixed - once the weather cools down that is.

Also, I'd really like some substantial shirting (with a length/cut appropriate for tucked AND untucked wear). Uniqlo shirting is kind of weak. Any suggestions? Is Muji a noticable upgrade? Any experience with Kamakura?

nick
Eminent Eminem

Postby BIGBEE » Thu Oct 02, 2014 9:18 pm

I've been on the hunt for good wool cargo pants, but all the options I find suck :( maybe I should post in the buyers guide thread?

BIGBEE

Postby cormac » Thu Oct 02, 2014 9:30 pm

A regular at work came in wearing all wtaps, so naturally I ended up asking him about it. he was surprised to see someone else who knows what it is, but we had a good talk about japanese heritage/repro brands and other clothing-related things. Not often you get to do that irl I feel like

cormac

Postby UnwashedMolasses » Thu Oct 02, 2014 11:02 pm

Nepenthes online store open

http://nepenthes.shop-pro.jp/

UnwashedMolasses

Postby soundclip989 » Fri Oct 03, 2014 1:11 am

Amazing

soundclip989

Postby Stingray Sam » Fri Oct 03, 2014 3:22 am

I had a guy in econ last year who wore flip flops, dress trousers, a dark button up, a mac and on the holidays some sort of holiday themed hat. The two weeks prior to christmas break he alternated between reindeer antlers and a santa hat. He never really said anything, just looked chill

Stingray Sam

Postby Muzzle » Fri Oct 03, 2014 3:34 am

sorta in the mood to give up on fashion and wear basketball shorts and airism 365

someone talk me out of it

Muzzle

Postby bels » Fri Oct 03, 2014 4:37 am

Wearing Basketball shorts and airism 365 would not be giving up on fashion and would instead be an agressive personal statement. As such I strongly condone it.

bels
Yung Winona

Postby Bobbin.Threadbare » Fri Oct 03, 2014 5:30 am

Bobbin.Threadbare

Postby stappard_ » Fri Oct 03, 2014 6:01 am

Do they even sell airism in winter? Basketball shorts and heattech wouldn't be as *cohesive*

stappard_

Postby bels » Fri Oct 03, 2014 6:17 am

In winter just put on some heat tech long johns and heat tech long sleeve underneath the airism and bball shorts.

Have a huge selection of rare and outlandish trainers to go with.

Really into this idea.

bels
Yung Winona

Postby zayg » Fri Oct 03, 2014 3:27 pm

cos sale is a success

copped a tee, socks, and a sweatshirt i have been considering for months that i will probably end up returning anyway

however, i'm absolutely in love with this and one of you ladies need to purchase this

http://www.cosstores.com/us/Shop/Women/ ... c-15133331

zayg

Postby stappard_ » Fri Oct 03, 2014 6:46 pm

stappard_

Postby absurdmind » Sat Oct 04, 2014 1:02 pm

i have a "uniform" of sorts now and im not sure if im happy about that or not. should i keep experimenting even though im happy with my look? i mean in a way its boring but its also very convenient.

absurdmind

Postby ramdomthought » Sat Oct 04, 2014 3:55 pm

6 pair of laces from dayton

how fitting

wish i had pictures of the box which seems to be four pieces of cardboard only held together by tape and prayer

great laces though

ramdomthought

Postby yubbermax » Sat Oct 04, 2014 4:35 pm

Went into Boston with my younger brother today. We checked out Bodega, the Tannery, Riccardi and Alan Bilzerian.

Bodega was pretty sweet, the hidden entrance is a nice touch. The Tannery was really meh but getting to handle Alden's was cool and they had a few cool N&F jawnz so I taught my bro a bit about the world of raw denim. Riccardi had some really awesome pieces (BBS, Julius, Forme) along side some questionable stuff. Almost everyone else shopping there at the time was wearing HBA which was funny. We only stopped in Alan Bilzerian quickly but they had top notch stuff and I'd love to actually buy something from them eventually.

As for purchases, I bought an AA tee and some ice cream.

yubbermax

Postby ramseames » Sat Oct 04, 2014 4:45 pm

New maiden noir season isn't breaking any new ground but 2 great pieces of outerwear

this colour for this parka is pretty spif

and this one has nice pockets

ramseames

Postby station » Sun Oct 05, 2014 5:00 am

Noticed the couple in the background juxtaposing each other when watching the video for the Yohji show. My eye kept getting drawn to them the rest of the show. Dudes hair is awesome though. Hair + stache = Albert Einstein in Fashion

station

Postby popcorn » Sun Oct 05, 2014 7:14 pm

I live in a Southern city (Columbia) so guys who dress at all consciously are practically invariably defined as either "preppy"/"fratty" or "hipster" (literally anything else). I try to dress in the middle, because I don't like to scare people with my epikly edgy love of clothes for dads, internet forums, and meeting people in front of uniqlo, but on any given day I'm described as either of the two.

How do I win?! When will I be "Noah"?

popcorn

Postby popcorn » Sun Oct 05, 2014 7:44 pm

My brother went to university and left his Adidas track pants, meaning I can finally follow my dreams and be a chav. Question: Do chavs wear Nasir Mazhar?

popcorn

Postby CheerUpBrokeBoy » Sun Oct 05, 2014 8:24 pm

for some reason i have a deep distrust of brands with [(word)&(word)] names - Frank & Oak, Pull & Bear, Jack & Jones, etc. even supposedly (i say this because i don't have any experience with them) good brands like Turnbull & Asser fall under this distrust. i have no idea why

also why do 95% of plain/tartan flannels look terrible in product shots but great when worn in real life. shit's stressful

CheerUpBrokeBoy

Postby ramseames » Sun Oct 05, 2014 8:29 pm

wings and horns

ramseames

Postby exprof » Sun Oct 05, 2014 8:32 pm

exprof

Postby CheerUpBrokeBoy » Sun Oct 05, 2014 8:41 pm

CheerUpBrokeBoy

PreviousNext