[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 379: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 379: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
care-tags.org • View topic - Random Rhetorical Hypebeast Fashion Thoughts

Random Rhetorical Hypebeast Fashion Thoughts

Clothes

Re: ramdom fashion thoughts

Postby papabear » Sun Oct 05, 2014 9:06 pm

I'm very interested to see what this looks like in real life.

papabear

Postby camping jazz » Sun Oct 05, 2014 9:29 pm

due to some budget needs i missed most of s/s this year and will likely miss all of f/w. it's been interesting being "stuck" to the same wardrobe for so long. i've developed a few uniforms that people recognize and associate me with. my tastes have evolved in this period and i'm not 100% happy with what i'm wearing, but it's certainly relieved some stress and uncertainty day-to-day. i'm pretty confident about what works and what doesn't.

for the first time since i really started allocating more resources and effort into my wardrobe, i've worn pieces threadbare, and completely ruined others through improper care. this has built a lot of perspective on the lifecycle of pieces, the worth and value of clothing in my life, and how i care to proceed going forward.

it's been a great t-break, and i'm excited to jump back into the game in the next few months.

camping jazz

Postby popcorn » Sun Oct 05, 2014 9:50 pm

There's a lot of negativity towards slim and skinny fits due to their propagation / "being in" at the moment, which I'm definitely aware of, but is there a good way to know whether or not I actually like the fits I tend towards? I'm often excited by super aggressive tapers and stretch fabrics and the feminine (or even humanist) leg silhouette they allow for, and I think the way woman's clothing is allowed to wear almost like spandex is pretty fascinating. At the same time I also enjoy billowy upper legs and pleats and pretty aggressive cropped lengths.

Is it accepted yet that there is no "correct fit" for pants like anything else, and that they can only be "flattering," "loose," "tight," and so-forth, and that each of these looks "good" in the right context?

popcorn

Postby yoyobeat » Sun Oct 05, 2014 9:57 pm

yoyobeat

Postby camping jazz » Sun Oct 05, 2014 10:03 pm

camping jazz

Postby BobbyZamora » Sun Oct 05, 2014 10:26 pm

Ultimately the only thing that matters is your own personal preference and what you prefer wearing, and what's most comfortable for you. It's no surprise that a garment can be considered too tight by your parents/peers while simultaneously being considered too loose by certain sects of people on the internet.

I also see no reason that a person has to limit themselves to one type of fit. To me, this falls in to the same category as defining and limiting one's style by palette, "genre", "brand synergy", etc, when really those things should be used as tools rather than toolboxes. Speaking from experience, it can also mislead people a little bit- a lot of people who are just getting in to fashion will purchase something like skinny jeans first, and then will be perplexed as to why all of the XS slim fit shirts they try on look "too big." Still, posed internet photos that make clothes look looser than they are does not help this.

I don't think "flattering" can be placed alongside "loose" and "tight". I personally think if you're going to judge how your clothes fit by any metric, it should be "flattering"- regardless of whether the garment is loose, tight, or normal.

B)
BobbyZamora

Postby prawnzee » Mon Oct 06, 2014 8:17 am

I.. dunno. Thoughts?

prawnzee

Postby PrimePrime » Mon Oct 06, 2014 9:38 am

I love MMM, but know very little about Galliano, could someone post some iconic work by him?

I really don't know what to think about Ye announcing that to everyone. I'm glad he's an insider, but knowing anything about the inner workings at The Maison kinda ruins it for me. Their skills at staying anonymous are dwindling.

PrimePrime

Postby schiaparelli » Mon Oct 06, 2014 9:55 am

galliano used to design for dior until he got kicked out for anti-semitic comments

he was…super theatrically glamorous, his shows were always like couture couture in that it was super elaborate, everything felt hyperfeminized. i'm trying to find an image but it's terrifying trying to choose one image to encompass a designer's work during a period…i think the 2008 collections were when i first started following fashion, though, so that's what i remember:

s/s couture shot by demarchelier

f/w couture

it's so far away from my idea of what MMM is…i'm really curious how this will turn out because galliano's personality is not really the kind of personality margiela wanted to project when designing his brand, and it's not the personality MMM has been trying to keep.

schiaparelli

Postby une_impasse » Mon Oct 06, 2014 1:00 pm

I think it's easy to get distracted by Galliano's penchant for overtly sexy clothes and dramatic petticoats and crinolines, but he is probably the best person for the job. He is a master at deconstruction, incorporation of older techniques and craftsmanship, he considers all cultures of the world beautiful and his work shows it. His Fall 2005 couture show for Dior is probably the best example of how his work will match Margiela's and considering his history, I think he will probably have a much more subdued persona than he used to. I'm very excited, he's enormously talented and it will be exciting to see what he does at the helm of another couture house.

As for Matthieu Blazy, I'm sure he could end up somewhere else in no time, but considering he used to be an assistant for Galliano, I don't think he'll mind, he may even stay on in a similar role.

pictures ahoy

une_impasse

Postby stuki » Mon Oct 06, 2014 4:37 pm

I want a poncho!

stuki

Postby Ques » Mon Oct 06, 2014 5:16 pm

can't believe that it's taken me this long to realize, but the trend that i prefer to wear my comfier clothes has finally risen to the surface, and it's made me want to sell all the clothes that i wear even though it's painful, like my slip-on vans and tight yet not stretchy pantaloons. also, i have way too many clothes that i force myself to wear because of how "cool" they are, like my rainbow jacket, that i never really want to wear, but only wear to prove to myself that they weren't a waste of money

nocop is making me much more introspective about my clothes, i like it

Ques

Postby yoyobeat » Mon Oct 06, 2014 11:45 pm

I'm in the library today paging through some books, sitting on one of the tables. A guy brushes past me: "Excuse me." He puts a book back on the shelf and gathers his stuff (bunch of bags, maybe homeless). He's probably in his thirties. I glance at the title.

"Glamour Magazine's Big Book of Do's and Don'ts"

I'm still wondering whether he was reading it to look at pretty women or to get tips on do's and don'ts

yoyobeat

Postby hmwut » Tue Oct 07, 2014 12:14 am

hmwut

Postby nevergreen » Tue Oct 07, 2014 1:38 am

nevergreen

Postby harmsalmon » Tue Oct 07, 2014 9:33 am

I love care-tags

harmsalmon

Postby Ques » Tue Oct 07, 2014 12:34 pm

Mine give me major heel blisters everytime I wear them, even if I wear comfy socks it's still agony to walk in them after five minutes

And I still managed to wear them some 10 odd times for a full day each lying to myself that I would "break them in"

Lesson learned: only buy things that you've tried on in person

Ques

Postby ramdomthought » Tue Oct 07, 2014 1:27 pm

was trying on some very old shell cordovan bluchers that i've had that are too narrow

confirmed absolutely they are too narrow today as i look and the leather on the upper split

i knew better...

ramdomthought

Postby hmwut » Tue Oct 07, 2014 1:50 pm

hmwut

Postby Yawn » Tue Oct 07, 2014 11:15 pm

Had my eye on the A.Sauvage pescada leather card holder allllllllllll summer and finally bought it last week. Then they sent me an email saying I can get a refund now or wait for a restock. Then they sent another saying they weren't restocking so they refunded me ;;
So I bought this instead from based Sruli.

Every single one is unique so I hope mine is bright and white but i'll be happy with whatever I get , I just hope the same thing doesn't happen again ;;

Whalet Horse

~

No Rhyme
Little Reason
But where I’m at’s
a pocket full of treason.
~

Horse Skin Whalet is a single piece leather wallet, laser cut from Icelandic Horse skin, folded into shape and hand tethered with black oxidized rivets. Two colour options are available - Black Sable, dark as Icelandic winter, and a Rose Grey natural undyed skin - a colour somewhere between white, grey and dove blue. As with a fingerprint, the hide of each horse has a unique pattern and texture, ranging from a smooth to a wrinkled, stiff or soft hide. No two horses and no two Whalets are the same.

Yawn

Postby eli7 » Tue Oct 07, 2014 11:19 pm

but icelandic horses are so cute and they act like puppies

eli7

Postby odradek » Tue Oct 07, 2014 11:38 pm

odradek

Postby Yawn » Tue Oct 07, 2014 11:42 pm

Fuck your horses : ^ )

Yawn

Postby PrimePrime » Wed Oct 08, 2014 12:08 am

Damn, I really wish I had the I income to support the kind of experience that a purchase from
vlaada chvatil affords. There's such a fascinating relationship between an artisan and the curator that chooses his stuff. You should definitely let us know how your order turns out! When is it expected to deliver?

What led you to have such a fixation on a boss cardholder?

PrimePrime

Postby Yawn » Wed Oct 08, 2014 8:17 am

Yawn

Postby yubbermax » Wed Oct 08, 2014 1:47 pm

We extruded some ABS in lab today without drying it so we got these cool looking bubbles as a result. A small bit that coiled up on the ground was big enough to fit my tiny wrist so now I have a bracelet.

yubbermax

Postby BobbyZamora » Wed Oct 08, 2014 9:13 pm

B)
BobbyZamora

Postby hot coffee » Thu Oct 09, 2014 12:21 am

V ashamed, but the boys size 16 oxfords at Macy's fit me: :woop: 'ingly

Some helper asked me what I was doing in the boys department.

hot coffee

Postby bobo77 » Thu Oct 09, 2014 12:33 am

Thom Browne f/w 2016

bobo77

Postby Yawn » Thu Oct 09, 2014 6:51 pm

If my Schneider trench isn't water proof then i'm fucked
Pray 4 me

Yawn

PreviousNext

Return to Tags