[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 379: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 379: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
care-tags.org • View topic - Random Rhetorical Hypebeast Fashion Thoughts

Random Rhetorical Hypebeast Fashion Thoughts

Clothes

Re: ramdom fashion thoughts

Postby bels » Sat Oct 18, 2014 8:53 am

Can't remember where/who was discussing the very clever Eytys price point of £80

http://www.other-shop.com/eytys-mother- ... akers.html

New leather sneaks carry a nice premium price of 140. Hightops are even more at 190.

When is CP going to drop their prices back to 200?

bels
Yung Winona

Postby alby » Sat Oct 18, 2014 2:04 pm

champion sweats have really nice ribbing

i'd walk a mile for a camel
alby

Postby blankinput » Sat Oct 18, 2014 6:22 pm

"Um, I definitely need a shell cordovan wallet!"

(is 19 years old and has $100k+ in student loans, removes from pocket at select locations, such as Wendy's)

blankinput

Postby ducksick » Sat Oct 18, 2014 6:34 pm

ducksick

Postby deadkitty » Sat Oct 18, 2014 7:10 pm

please come back adam kimmel

deadkitty

Postby parastexis » Mon Oct 20, 2014 1:33 am

saw listings on grailed and i at first thought someone listed a bunch of Image

parastexis

Postby stappard_ » Mon Oct 20, 2014 5:03 am

stappard_

Postby tomsfood » Mon Oct 20, 2014 10:26 am

Bought a vintage helmut lang sweater on grailed that is awesome, but it came today without both sets of tags (the pictures had the tags) and fitting significantly smaller than the seller said (the measurements are off and he said it fit true to size for a large, it's a bit small on me and I'm typically a small-medium) ugh it's frustrating.

Good news is there will be an amazing sweater for barg price up for sale from me for you smaller folk.

tomsfood
Look Arena Champion

Postby une_impasse » Mon Oct 20, 2014 1:35 pm

thought i'd reward myself for spending cautiously and doing well at my job by ordering
a tigran avetisyan shirt from opening ceremony

and they left the security sensor on :(

une_impasse

Postby INNIT » Mon Oct 20, 2014 4:22 pm

ive worn the same pair of black levis everyday for like 3 years and they still havent ripped in the knees

this fucking %elastane is making me look like a total knee-bag nerd

INNIT

Postby absurdmind » Mon Oct 20, 2014 7:47 pm

yea i was having the same problem with my levis, 2 years and nothing so i had to cut the hole a bit to look edgy

absurdmind

Postby purkinje » Mon Oct 20, 2014 8:25 pm

doing boston undie run 2014 what is some next |evel base layering to put the azn hypebeasts in their place

e: https://www.facebook.com/NortheasternsA ... derwearRun

a disaster is a terrible thing to waste
purkinje

Postby KLF » Mon Oct 20, 2014 11:10 pm

feelin proud of myself for not impulse buying a 3M reflective jacket

KLF

Postby bobo77 » Mon Oct 20, 2014 11:39 pm

Just copped a Polo Ralph Lauren suede bomber for 30 dollars at Savers.

bobo77

Postby prawnzee » Tue Oct 21, 2014 8:45 am

prawnzee

Postby bobo77 » Tue Oct 21, 2014 9:43 am

Here's some pics.

bobo77

Postby harmsalmon » Tue Oct 21, 2014 3:52 pm

just visited Nepenthes NY! super cool, really glad I got to visit since there's not many cool shops where I live. embarassed that I only bought a pair of Needles socks (I'm poor and just wanted to support somehow) and that I didnt talk much to the SA's (couldn't stay for long) but they were super nice and I got to check out some of their more recent pieces in person. overall even though I couldn't afford anything or spend much time there, I loved seeing it. really, really hope I can go back again sometime. plus bonus quote from my mom, who has always thought I dressed weird, to an SA: "now it all makes sense...."

harmsalmon

Postby une_impasse » Tue Oct 21, 2014 3:55 pm

i got the tag off of my Tigran shirt thanks to a helpful Gap employee!!
but i don't have the capacity for a proper fit since i'm off from work and don't have a big mirror but here's some info:

for one, it's amazingly soft and 100% cotton, rarely do i note how comfortable something is, but this thing is comfy af
it's a longer trapezoid-ish white undershirt with a black one stitched on top, the whole thing is draped beautifully and slightly springy
i almost ordered the pink flannel but was worried about the fabric being too rough and the sleeve length, but this shirt
is probably my favorite thing i've bought this year and i am an eager fan

some pics:

une_impasse

Postby tomsfood » Tue Oct 21, 2014 4:21 pm

that mirror looks familiar...

All i got was socks too! Which ones did you get? I got the needles ones that were like thick and supposed to fall loose.

tomsfood
Look Arena Champion

Postby purkinje » Tue Oct 21, 2014 4:25 pm

Realized after several months I still haven't done anything with my care-tags hat so I figure I'll bring it to all future meet-ups, ask everyone to sign it, and turn it into a guestbook of sorts. End goal being that it gets all the way around the world, eventually (smiling)

a disaster is a terrible thing to waste
purkinje

Postby harmsalmon » Tue Oct 21, 2014 6:30 pm

harmsalmon

Postby BIGBEE » Tue Oct 21, 2014 11:30 pm

BIGBEE gave into peer pressure
for jokes only
short sleeve over long sleeve 8^)
didn't wear this out
this feels weird
tomsfood + street cred
EDIT: image size
EDIT2: try, try again!

BIGBEE

Postby KLF » Wed Oct 22, 2014 12:00 am

almost got qasa highs but someone got to the auction before me ;___;

KLF

Postby nick » Wed Oct 22, 2014 12:02 am

I've been fascinated by long shirts for a while now (well okay, EG bush shirt in particular) but never knew if my proportions would be acceptable to 'pull it off'.

but I found a clever way to see - tie a flannel around the FRONT (!????) of the waist to get a feel for the look

8)

nick
Eminent Eminem

Postby pheaj » Wed Oct 22, 2014 3:10 am

Anybody else have weird body proportions that make buying/wearing clothes sorta awkward? I have super long arms and legs (giant hands/feet included), broadish 19" shoulders with a 30 pant size, and a super short torso all in a 5'9" frame...

Shitty and out-of-scale MS Paint diagram w/ rough self-measuring to visualize below...

Obviously I try to conceal things and stuff the best I can w/ a limited wardrobe but I'm always super self-conscious about it :3 And having your boxers ride up inches above your pants is always lame.

pheaj

Postby BobbyZamora » Wed Oct 22, 2014 3:31 am

I would say a large amount of people are familiar with most clothes fitting them awkwardly. It requires a fair amount of experimentation before you discover what qualities make a garment fit your body in a way that you like. Even people with extremely athletic bodies have problems. The people who have it easiest are probably those who are very tall and very slim and slender, without a huge amount of shape to their physique- so runway models basically.

B)
BobbyZamora

Postby Yawn » Wed Oct 22, 2014 6:22 am

Sruli whalet came today and scrawled on the packaging was "Sent by - vlaada chvatil" and all the rest of the necessary details used when sending a package. Hoping this means Sruli hand delivered my package and that it counts as an autograph :3

Yawn

Postby WussWayne » Wed Oct 22, 2014 8:41 am

How do Soccer hooligans even afford Stone Island? Surely they can't all be breaking into shops. Are they just buying badges or what?

Nightclub on a Friday
Get my Gucci on
F-f-f-firestarter
Yes, I'm in the zone
You coming on me like a player (WOOF!)
But your game's all wrong
You get your words all twisted
It's the same old song
WussWayne

Postby maj » Wed Oct 22, 2014 9:34 am

The theft was seen in part as a status symbol by some, or a sign they were dedicated to go on tour. Heck is right with the new casual demographic but in the same way broke college students are rolling in Rick Owens now, they were affording Italian sportswear back then. Priorities.

maj

Postby eyealt » Wed Oct 22, 2014 9:35 am

People watching is a blast. It makes simple walks that much better when you recognize, but don't scrutinize, what someone has on. I like seeing pieces I know, many times ones I would never buy, on someone. Sometimes they pull it off, sometimes not but I just like seeing it being worn.

eyealt

PreviousNext

Return to Tags