[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 379: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 379: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
care-tags.org • View topic - Random Rhetorical Hypebeast Fashion Thoughts

Random Rhetorical Hypebeast Fashion Thoughts

Clothes

Re: ramdom fashion thoughts

Postby Yawn » Wed Oct 22, 2014 10:03 am

Yawn

Postby pirxthepilot » Wed Oct 22, 2014 1:41 pm

had a quick look around liberty, and noticed that lots of designers (dries, balenciaga, wooyoungmi) are doing nice peacoats this season, and of course there are the inevitable high st followers (cos etc). so how come i never see peacoats on fashun forums these days?

pirxthepilot

Postby missrowan » Wed Oct 22, 2014 3:51 pm

i see a distinct lack of halloween/costume waywts from last year (shout out to for being the only one person to get in the spirit).

i need to say this behaviour cannot be tolerated for any longer. i'm disappointed in all of you. every single one of you. i expect to see some costumes at the end of the month. i know you can rise to the challenge. consider it issued.

if you need some flintstone,

missrowan

Postby freddy » Wed Oct 22, 2014 6:31 pm

To make my day more downtrodden, I just realize during my metro ride, I lost a button for my Robert Geller toggle coat. I felt it was a bit loose the day before, and I knew I should have just snipped it off just as a precautionary measure. :/

There's no additional button that came with it. I know the commonsense go-to advance is that I should contact RG directly, but I just have to vent a bit. Same deal happened for wool liner button for one my denim trucker jacket. However, if all else fails, does anybody have suggestions as to were to find surplus replacement buttons elsewhere?!

freddy

Postby popcorn » Wed Oct 22, 2014 8:52 pm

I care more, now, about how my pants fit than my shirts

popcorn

Postby Ques » Thu Oct 23, 2014 1:25 am

for halloween planning on dressing up as the "tour de franzia" avec bicycle jersey, pants and shoes and helmet, and a camel back full of franzia

Ques

Postby raags » Thu Oct 23, 2014 2:07 am

hehe a customer just came into my work with his friend who was wearing head2toe ma+ and i commented on it and he was very surprised i noticed and he insisted i come visit him at his work which stocks lots of cool labels like CCP/RO/MA+/etc and i've always been too intimidated to go in I guess now I gotta go hehehe

raags
Best Dressed

Postby oucho » Thu Oct 23, 2014 12:09 pm

this wool colour map makes a kinda cool scarf

oucho

Postby ramseames » Thu Oct 23, 2014 4:51 pm

Of all the thin shitty packable hoods I have ever seen the one from this year's Levi's commuter trucker might be the very worst. Looks like paper

ramseames

Postby hharrissonn » Thu Oct 23, 2014 11:27 pm

whenever hender scheme decides to do a knockoff of adidas slides i will pay whatever stupid amount of money they charge for them

slide trend will be dead soon tho

ig: hharrissonn
tumblr: dyetransfer.tumblr.com
hharrissonn
Look Arena Champion

Postby harmsalmon » Fri Oct 24, 2014 9:51 am

how have I literally never seem a fjallraven kanken where I live but everyone in Boston seems to have one

harmsalmon

Postby BIGBEE » Fri Oct 24, 2014 11:39 am

I always see this kid around campus, he looks so dope. He dresses in a sort of fedora lounge old timey style. He was wearing some kind of hat; I don't want to call it a fedora 'cause it's probably not, but it looked like a fedora. He was wearing a leather jacket (maybe an MA-2) and some brown relaxed, high waist pants with no break(creased). Can't remember what shoes, but they were some kind of dressy leather shoe. To complete it he has this leather briefcase. He always gives me weird looks, but I feel like we must have quite a bit in common.

We're both interested in clothing, we both dress differently from most people on campus. We're both kind of dressing the part of a different time period. I'm 2000s streetwear and he's unknown mid 20th century decade. I should talk to him, maybe I'll try and take creep shots ;)

(damn this post makes me sound creepy)

EDIT: I should mention I've talked to him before. He was in one of my classes for a bit.

BIGBEE

Postby mittens » Fri Oct 24, 2014 1:48 pm

Last edited by mittens on Sun Mar 11, 2018 5:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
mittens

Postby can- » Fri Oct 24, 2014 1:52 pm

thats so Dark Americanacore

can-

Postby Vaeltaja » Fri Oct 24, 2014 2:43 pm

I hate paying for shipping, especially when buying stuff from Japan. Like the bargains are still great but when the shipping costs half as much as one of the items it just feels unsavory.

Wanna redneck? I'll do him an egg. NO SYMPY!
<Reverend> IRC is just multiplayer notepad.
Vaeltaja

Postby nick » Fri Oct 24, 2014 2:50 pm

nick
Eminent Eminem

Postby nick » Fri Oct 24, 2014 3:27 pm

You know whats sick? When sneakerheads wear a different colorway of the same shoe on each foot. Actually matching mismatched shoes is super cool in general.

Maybe I should get a couple pairs of similar color schemed 1461s and bring this trend to Derbyshire.

nick
Eminent Eminem

Postby bels » Fri Oct 24, 2014 3:44 pm

Only cool if worn with
and a skinny tie.

bels
Yung Winona

Postby RomanEmpire » Sat Oct 25, 2014 1:41 am

RomanEmpire

Postby popcorn » Sat Oct 25, 2014 12:28 pm

popcorn

Postby wiggly--woo » Sat Oct 25, 2014 7:41 pm

In an attempt to do uni work and care-tagging simultaneously I think I accidently stumbled upon an idea I quite like. Bear with me, but in The Image of the City, Kevin Lynch talks about the idea of "legible" cities or, in other words, cities that organise their parts into coherent patterns that can be easily read by the city's people.

I only mention this because I think the idea of “legibility” can be applied to fashion/clothing and particularly to an individual outfit. It doesn’t really matter if you’re looking at a person’s outfit in real-life 3d or whether you’re looking at a 2d representation of an outfit (such as in a fit pic), the idea is the same - good outfits are often legible, easily read, easily understood, coherent. Every outfit includes, to some extent or another, things like colours, textures, fabrics, cuts, brands, gendered-ness, seasonality, and references to sub-culture and geography. A legible outfit, therefore, uses these factors (and others?) to create a “coherent pattern” of sorts.

I’m not really sure where juxtaposition fits into this – think traditionally masculine and aggressive garments but with feminine touches, for instance – but I guess juxtaposition perhaps can create a legible coherence of sorts – e.g. a challenge against the rigidity/binary of gender – even if it does simultaneously go against the idea of coherence and legibility somewhat. The point I’m trying to make, or at least the point I think I’m trying to make, is that the idea of legibility creates a framework of sorts where something like brand synergy is seen not as an end in and of itself, but as a means to an end, or one of many possible means to an end, with that end being a legible outfit, an outfit that is easily read. It should also be said that I don't for one minute think a good outfit requires strong legibility (i'm not milspastic), I just think that a lot of good outfits are legible.

But now i'm wondering if legibility is simply the counterpart to innovation and creativity? Or maybe, legibility and outfits mutually constitute eachother in some way. I dunno. In retrospect, I’m not sure how much of the above is understandable. In fact, I’ve essentially taken the things that everybody already knows and put it in unnecessarily complicated language and then laboured my point over far too many words. But I’ve had a lot of coffee today and these things happen.

wiggly--woo

Postby purkinje » Sat Oct 25, 2014 8:59 pm

losing a ridic amount of weight recently and all my pants are starting to fit odd and fall down without a belt :(

a disaster is a terrible thing to waste
purkinje

Postby Naka_ » Sun Oct 26, 2014 3:27 am

Naka_

Postby wiggly--woo » Sun Oct 26, 2014 11:08 am

my post higher up the thread was mostly crap i reckon. but ideas are like watermelons – sometimes you think they look good but then you open it up and it’s full of shite.

On an unrelated note though, I've realised i'm currently enjoying clothes more than at any other point since accidently stumbling across r/mfa about 14 months ago. I think I’m finally at the point of being sort of content with what I own, to the extent where I can get up everyday and randomly throw on some stuff that I actually like wearing. It’s quite a nice feeling I think.

Mostly though, I’m starting to get excited about the fact that I will (hopefully) have to start putting together a work-oriented wardrobe at some point in the next 6-9 months, which is a whole new challenge of sorts I guess. Deffo going no-cop between now and when finishing uni in June, but with possible exceptions for one or two crazy sale bargs and maybe the nigel cabourn x fred perry stuff if it’s any good/reasonably priced, but i dont really need or want anything enough to part with money anyway.

also, palace sb stuff has suddenly got massively popular on campus and everybody's just wearing it with pinrolled tight jeans and nike sneaks. don't know what to make of that.

wiggly--woo

Postby zayg » Sun Oct 26, 2014 1:42 pm

bought my first champion made college sweatshirt

so comfortable, i've been missing out

zayg

Postby bobo77 » Sun Oct 26, 2014 1:47 pm

uniqlo heat tech long underwear is :woop:

bobo77

Postby jrisk » Sun Oct 26, 2014 1:52 pm

pulled a 100% poly llbean shirt out of the wash and it feels dry. this shit is weird. super comfortable though.

jrisk

Postby bobo77 » Sun Oct 26, 2014 2:44 pm

This girl on my floor is trying to keep her slip-on white canvas Vans perfectly clean. Just seems masochistic.

bobo77

Postby yubbermax » Sun Oct 26, 2014 6:11 pm

What would be the cheapest way to ship a jacket to Canada from the US?

yubbermax

Postby yoyobeat » Sun Oct 26, 2014 10:19 pm

Maybe it's just me being my judgmental self, but if I see a bunch of cool looking people who all look similar in the same place at the same time, everyone somehow seems to look less cool. This applies to both out-there and toned-down aesthetics. When you contextualize someone among similar people, everyone looks less special, and I guess it removes the illusion of the individual's taste and suggests that they're all reading from the common playbook and possibly even buying the same brands if you're talking something recognizable like Red Wing boots.

The exceptions seem to be those menacing aesthetics that are enhanced by being in a gang.

I've wondered a little if I should appreciate the similar-looking people, when they're all together, even more than the individual. It is true that each person may have their own personal variations on things that I just don't get.

I think my sticking point is wanting to keep in mind the illusion of someone as a character who is making intensely personal choices for how they dress. When they're put in the group, their choices become more validated and less brave.

yoyobeat

PreviousNext

Return to Tags