[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 379: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 379: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
care-tags.org • View topic - Random Rhetorical Hypebeast Fashion Thoughts

Random Rhetorical Hypebeast Fashion Thoughts

Clothes

Re: ramdom fashion thoughts

Postby yoyobeat » Sun Oct 26, 2014 10:30 pm

yohji yamamotorcycle

yoyobeat

Postby INNIT » Sun Oct 26, 2014 10:34 pm

INNIT

Postby CPV1 » Mon Oct 27, 2014 6:16 am

CPV1

Postby cormac » Mon Oct 27, 2014 6:06 pm

I keep seeing this guy in one of my college's buildings where I work who owns ramones and geobaskets as well as what looks like a dries-ish patterned bomber, among other possibly-baller pieces. This is fairly uncommon around these parts and really cool to see. I also made friends with a regular at work who wears a lot of wtaps. College is fun

cormac

Postby mittens » Mon Oct 27, 2014 6:55 pm

mittens

Postby une_impasse » Mon Oct 27, 2014 8:34 pm

i tried to give some leftover food from a work meeting to a homeless man who turned me down. he was wearing a men's warehouse garment bag as outerwear at it reminded me of a margiela piece that i've seen before which made the whole ordeal very confusing.

une_impasse

Postby ramdomthought » Mon Oct 27, 2014 8:38 pm

was it like this Image

ramdomthought

Postby hot coffee » Mon Oct 27, 2014 10:42 pm

Wrote an article about normcore for my college's paper you guys might be interested in!
Click for larger view.

Edit: I had zero responsibilities in the name and clip art of the article, and the editors of the paper are lame

hot coffee

Postby IsaiahSchafer » Tue Oct 28, 2014 3:55 am

It's 2am and I just spent 15 minutes helping a customer whose ultimate goal (which she told me after 10 minutes of vague direction) was to find jeans like the Levi's 501 but more feminine. I'm tired and I don't even know what that means. I tried to talk to her about coal miners and she left.

IsaiahSchafer

Postby stappard_ » Tue Oct 28, 2014 11:52 am

My (female) flatmate showed me a video about . I was about to say it looked fun and quite sweet when she started laughing to herself and announced that "none of these girls know their boyfriend is GAY"

stappard_

Postby bobo77 » Tue Oct 28, 2014 1:51 pm

I've gotten so into hoodies lately they're so comfy. Before this year, I was kinda averse to them. I used to wear them a lot like 8th grade, freshman year and earlier, mostly zip-up, and they'd get really grimy, before I discovered like internet fashion shit. I guess I also was like wearing them too slim, and that's not the point. Wearing a Large Champion Eco-Fleece pullover right now and I feel like I'm wearing a cloud.

bobo77

Postby vgtbls » Tue Oct 28, 2014 4:48 pm

Jacques Greene's new song. Video seems to be about clothes fetishism. JG pls join care-tags

vgtbls

Postby bobo77 » Tue Oct 28, 2014 5:16 pm

I was drunk and bought an Oakland Raiders beanie on eBay because

1. I like Kool A.D., and he often wears a Raiders beanie,
2. The Raiders have a cool logo and my normal beanie is kinda trash and it's good to have multiple articles of winter outerwear,
3. I have an affinity for Bo Jackson,
4. I was drunk,

I bought it despite
1. Pretty much not understanding American Football and kinda hating the general culture around it,
2. Not knowing anything about the Raiders except that they used to be in L.A. and N.W.A. wore Raiders merchandise, Kool A.D. wears a Raiders beanie, and Bo Jackson was on the Raiders,
3. I have never been to Oakland (or the West Coast).

Thus, my friend who lives in Berkeley says I'm being a poser if I wear the hat and I don't wanna look like a fuckboy.

Thoughts? Worst case scenario I give it to my brother or the campus thrift store.

I'm definitely over thinking it I'm just bored lol

bobo77

Postby odradek » Tue Oct 28, 2014 5:53 pm

the oakland raiders are fucking terrible. for that reason alone you shouldn't have it.

odradek

Postby KLF » Wed Oct 29, 2014 2:18 am

while browsing some stuff on farfetch earlier i noticed that my heart rate was noticeably increasing whenever i saw something i liked

been a long time since i've gotten so excited over anything so it is a rly nice feeling tbh

KLF

Postby dzogchen » Wed Oct 29, 2014 10:21 am

dzogchen

Postby yoyobeat » Wed Oct 29, 2014 1:34 pm

Frank Lloyd Wright is known for manipulating interior space in the residential and public buildings he designed. One of the things that has stood out as I've visited a few of his buildings, is how they really create an atmosphere that you are forced to acclimated to, or at least it's strongly recommended you do. An example is a wall that slopes downward in Taliesin West and 'suggests' that you sit in the seats he has placed nearby. He manipulates you.

I was sitting on the floor scanning some things because I don't have a printer desk, and was thinking, wow, if I were wearing 'dressier' clothing, it would be very rare that I'd sit on the floor. If I had on a suit I'd probably want to sit in a chair. This goes doubly for being outdoors--you wouldn't want to get a suit dirty, etc, but if you had jeans you wouldn't think twice. It is 'suggested' that I sit on the chair. The funny thing is that like architecture, there is no actual person suggesting I do one thing or another. In this way luxurious clothing almost becomes an architectural detail that manipulates how you act, just like architecture in physical space can do.

yoyobeat

Postby bels » Thu Oct 30, 2014 8:22 am

http://hello.jcrew.com/2014-10-oct/alice-gregory

artic on uniforms.

Uniforms forever.

bels
Yung Winona

Postby qalandar » Thu Oct 30, 2014 2:54 pm

qalandar

Postby Iliam » Thu Oct 30, 2014 5:39 pm

he even had a red scarf on. a care-tags lurker for sure.

Last edited by Iliam on Thu Jan 21, 2021 1:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Iliam

Postby bobo77 » Fri Oct 31, 2014 2:21 am

Anyone have the normcore version of this?

bobo77

Postby SweetJavaBrown » Fri Oct 31, 2014 9:40 am

I don't know which one you're talking about but it might be in this.

SweetJavaBrown

Postby yoyobeat » Fri Oct 31, 2014 11:19 am

yoyobeat

Postby popcorn » Fri Oct 31, 2014 8:57 pm

I went to our city's new J. Crew in this 'hip' little plaza, but it was super disappointing because everything was overpriced and they didn't have a sale section yet and all the people working there micromanaged me and oh God I knew this was going to happen but I allowed it

Upside: Driving is very therapeutic; I now know Chup socks feel good, Anonymous ISM socks feel good, J. Crew socks look good but are actually the devil, and I shouldn't get that big cardigan

popcorn

Postby finolino » Fri Oct 31, 2014 10:17 pm

I love the idea of Docs in my wardrobe, but I've had nothing but bad experiences with the two pairs I currently own. When I brought my 1461s, one of the seams on the side was curved in an unusual way, causing the tongue to jab into ny foot and cause it terrible pain when at swim practice, and just today I found that the sole on one of my 1460s, which I've only been wearing for about five months now on and off, is peeling off. I've heard great things about Docs' long lasting quality from others, and I'd just like to know if I've been incredibly unlucky with the brand, or if I'd be better off just savingup a bit more and switching to Solovairs or something.

finolino

Postby 3hunna » Fri Oct 31, 2014 10:42 pm

I have recently been watching the Intersection videos on T Magazine and have been really enjoying them. I don't know how many of you have seen these before, but if you haven't, I'd say they are worth checking out.

3hunna

Postby sick boy » Fri Oct 31, 2014 11:20 pm

I think everything people have built up about docs' quality is from the old mie ones. The soles and leather seem to wear nicer and don't crack in the way newer ones seem to. You may have been a littke unlikley, but your experience is pretty close to mine. Solovair may be a better option but I don't have any experience with them.

sick boy

Postby rublev » Sat Nov 01, 2014 9:15 am

i've had my pair of docs for like 3.5 years and they're still going strong. kinda wish they'd start to fall apart so i could feel better about getting another pair of shoes...

rublev
Political Editor

Postby arcticsound » Sat Nov 01, 2014 12:05 pm

I've only had my Docs for about a year and they're not doing so well. These weird veins popped out on the leather within the first month of wearing them and by the end of winter the sole was starting to split. I think it had something to do with Winnipeg's climate (wore them every day during the worst winter we've ever had), but I've had chucks survive winters before so idk what the deal is.

I still wear them almost every day though. I'll probably get an MiE pair when these are done for good.

arcticsound

Postby absurdmind » Sat Nov 01, 2014 2:50 pm

i think i started wearing mine around feb/march so maybe thats why i havent had the same problems, although there is some chipping at the toe. im wondering now if i should condition them since i dont plan to stop wearing them anytime soon. i have obenaufs but i think that might look odd on docs.. thoughts?

absurdmind

PreviousNext

Return to Tags