[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 379: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 379: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
care-tags.org • View topic - Random Rhetorical Hypebeast Fashion Thoughts

Random Rhetorical Hypebeast Fashion Thoughts

Clothes

Re: ramdom fashion sportswear capes

Postby jrisk » Thu Nov 06, 2014 12:14 am

I think everyone can agree that GAP was already pretty well established as a "normal" clothes brand. but I mean, it is/was a boring kind of normal. which is cool in it's own way and why is a big fan of GAP and GAP outlet. so w+k comes up with a brilliant plan that if they can turn the word "normal" around and make it cool and about being an individual then GAP will be cool as a result. they're definitely playing up the idea that different = normal. the idea that everyone is a crazy individual but normal is still a common denominator.

on a sidenote, I don't get how everyone is calling it normcore. I'd say the old normal gap is more normcore than the newer "dress normal" gap. Someone attempting to dress normcore would be going to GAP to buy clothes to fit in and be like everyone else. they wouldn't be going to GAP in an effort to be more individual.

jrisk

Postby tomsfood » Thu Nov 06, 2014 12:19 am

buying a gap logo hoodie from the thrift store is normcore, buying one new isn't quite as much. at least i've never thought of my logo hoodies as normcore, i just like gap outlet lol. which reminds me, i need to buy an XL or XXL one when I go home for christmas and get that employee discount back, ultimate comfort :lol:

tomsfood
Look Arena Champion

Postby yoyobeat » Thu Nov 06, 2014 12:45 am

yoyobeat

Postby JewTurk » Thu Nov 06, 2014 2:14 am

Pretty sure the guy in the red shirt (lead singer of Boy and Bear) is wearing a pair of RM williams, beauts.

JewTurk

Postby Vaeltaja » Thu Nov 06, 2014 3:04 am

All of my pants fit loose and none of them seem to fit less than 16.25" waist across. I'm really curious if I've now moved into the region where 15.5" or 15.75" across fits me better but nothing I own is small enough for me to test this and I don't have really tiny friends :/

Wanna redneck? I'll do him an egg. NO SYMPY!
<Reverend> IRC is just multiplayer notepad.
Vaeltaja

Postby une_impasse » Thu Nov 06, 2014 3:20 pm

back from wang for h&m, poorly managed and crazy people/resellers

it sucked

une_impasse

Postby bels » Thu Nov 06, 2014 7:28 pm

What's with the new trend in WAYWT where you completely green screen yourself out from your background.

bels
Yung Winona

Re: ramdom fashion THOUGHTS

Postby Yoder » Fri Nov 07, 2014 12:10 am

asked me to post about my AKOG coat, and I have delivered, somewhat.

I picked this up from lyonstate sale a bit ago for something like 75% off. Its called the 'Balli jacket'.

It has a neatish feature in that its kind of a 2 in 1 jacket, with the lining being a removable quilted bomber. As far as materials, its 70 herringbone wool and 30 poly for the outer jacket portion.

Fairly soft and has kept me warm so far, so no complaints there.

pic dump below, sorry about poor lighting and bad angles (babe does not make a good/cooperative photographer), will try to post a proper waywt sometime perhaps

Yoder

Re: RAMDOM fashion thoughs

Postby mc-lunar » Fri Nov 07, 2014 12:30 am

holy shit guys

my pants are really fucking tight

why didn't anybody tell me

i feel like i've been dressing like a caricature for months

shit

shit shit

mc-lunar

Postby KLF » Fri Nov 07, 2014 1:46 pm

not making any purchases for the rest of the year. gonna save all extra income I get and then go wild as a Christmas treat for myself ;o

KLF

Postby Ques » Fri Nov 07, 2014 6:46 pm

there's a hat made out of the same material as the OL flower coat thing

lol

Ques

Postby mc-lunar » Fri Nov 07, 2014 7:00 pm

I bought new pants

edit: they are gap stonewash denim. paid $14, quite pleased

Last edited by mc-lunar on Fri Nov 07, 2014 7:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
mc-lunar

Postby ramseames » Fri Nov 07, 2014 7:09 pm

distance between top and 2nd button on that shirt is mad small. very weird

also what pants

ramseames

Postby popcorn » Fri Nov 07, 2014 8:08 pm

It's getting cold. I forgot how cold felt. I bought gloves.

popcorn

Postby ptozzi » Sat Nov 08, 2014 8:53 pm

Putting on something you haven't worn in months and realizing how great that article of clothing is can make your day

ptozzi

Postby bueno » Sun Nov 09, 2014 12:37 am

Might buy a £20 mac from primark tonorrow to see how much I'll actually wear it before buying something more pricey

bueno

Postby blanket » Sun Nov 09, 2014 7:19 am

Spent a couple of weekends searching for slim black jeans only to finally figure out what I actually want is slim black wool trousers.

I'm pretty sure this happened to me last year. I'm pretty sure I'm going to end up buying the same uniqlo jeans I buy every year.

blanket

Postby yoyobeat » Sun Nov 09, 2014 11:35 pm

yoyobeat

Postby sknss » Tue Nov 11, 2014 6:28 am

2015 trends?

sknss
2015 Summer Camp Participant

Postby maj » Tue Nov 11, 2014 7:33 am

enjoying delicious yoghurt when a spoon full slides away from my mouth and splashes down on my jacket triggering an emotional roller coaster as the reality sets in, will it stain? can i get it cleaned, what about the resale? however i am suddenly silenced when i see the soya based treat has in fact beaded up and run right off onto the floor, schoeller 3x dry.

a single tear was shed.

maj

Postby wax » Tue Nov 11, 2014 8:49 am

I have strong hype for outlier clothes someone tell me it's not worth it so I don't go spend $400 on pants.

also I get this sense people don't like OSB. is it just the lasts on the trench boots? I went to Independence Chicago and I really liked the store and the camp boots I tried on. plus the dude was super nice, he gave me directions to a really good sandwich place. but then when I went to get a sandwich it had closed down, and not even recently, so I guess I don't know what to believe anymore.

wax

Postby nick » Tue Nov 11, 2014 10:01 am

Did we ever get to see the sportswear cape? If so someone please point me in the right direction. Thanks.

nick
Eminent Eminem

Postby ramseames » Tue Nov 11, 2014 5:36 pm

I think Outlier makes a pretty good product in the context of dwr pants, but at the same time I really strongly do not fuck with dwr pants.

Outlier stuff also very (intentionally) innocuous looking. Which again is a strength on their part considering that this is what their target demo wants. But not for me

ramseames

Postby can- » Tue Nov 11, 2014 7:10 pm

ive worn the same outlier dungarees for the last 4 monthes i think. these things are great. you cant tell if they are jeans or trousers.

much better in a rain than cotton. also 'self cleaning' isn't total marketing bullshit, i get all kinds of grime/chalk/dirt/grease on them and it goes away after a day or so.

full disclaimer, a big reason i wear them everyday is because they are so well suited to my work.

can-

Postby ynnrz » Wed Nov 12, 2014 1:53 am

ynnrz

Postby soundclip989 » Wed Nov 12, 2014 10:41 am

soundclip989

Postby dzogchen » Wed Nov 12, 2014 10:55 am

Funny ervell interview, especially the ending

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h8a2v7LKSH8

dzogchen

Postby zayg » Wed Nov 12, 2014 1:32 pm

I really, really, really need a pair of green pants.

zayg

Postby zayg » Wed Nov 12, 2014 1:38 pm

Been craving some sort of pant either in olive drab, a darker olive (think preppy-ish chinos), or a nice pine greenish color like the WvG oxford I have. Green pants just seem so cool and I feel like I've missed out.

Like this

zayg

Postby popcorn » Wed Nov 12, 2014 7:20 pm

popcorn

PreviousNext

Return to Tags