[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 379: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 379: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
care-tags.org • View topic - Random Rhetorical Hypebeast Fashion Thoughts

Random Rhetorical Hypebeast Fashion Thoughts

Clothes

Re: ramdom fashion sportswear capes

Postby ramseames » Wed Nov 12, 2014 7:55 pm

Knit lunar 1s

ramseames

Postby yourdad » Wed Nov 12, 2014 11:33 pm

I just picked up some olive trousers from club monaco which might fit the bill. really thick cotton so it'd be good for the f/w

yourdad

Postby yourdad » Thu Nov 13, 2014 12:49 am

i think i bought ' old yohji snap blazer

yourdad

Postby pei » Thu Nov 13, 2014 3:44 am

someone impersonated me on /fa/ and the are fucking hilarious

:0)
pei

Postby popcorn » Thu Nov 13, 2014 5:45 pm

I'd wear sooo much camo if I was a bit cooler

popcorn

Postby jrisk » Thu Nov 13, 2014 10:03 pm

I tried on stan smiths the other day and they seemed pretty slim on my feet. it's weird how they seem kind of bulky on some people.

jrisk

Postby yubbermax » Thu Nov 13, 2014 11:41 pm

yubbermax

Postby nevergreen » Fri Nov 14, 2014 2:19 am

really aching for a pair of suede tan chelseas rn

nevergreen

Postby harmsalmon » Fri Nov 14, 2014 2:20 pm

harmsalmon

Postby Morlin » Sat Nov 15, 2014 2:15 am

somethin really degrading about your wool socks being the exact color you want a sweater in

I think that it is not. Cowichan, etc., If you prefer a thick knit, how about you? It is cool there is atmosphere!
Morlin

Postby nevergreen » Sat Nov 15, 2014 6:57 am

sometimes i wish i could sell all my clothes just to pursue a different ~aesthetic~ but then i remember my clothes aren't worth that much

nevergreen

Postby finolino » Sat Nov 15, 2014 11:23 am

what is with this whole "fashion is subjective" argument that seemingly comes up every time someone with a sub-par fit seeks to defend it?

true, sometimes the critics are in the wrong and simply don't have as much of a base as the kids who feel their fits aren't judged properly. also, i get it, op's, you put a lot of thought into every single pixel your fit pic consists of, and so it's only natural for you to defend it, but jesus, saying that phrase seems like such a cop-out when you don't want to admit you're in the wrong about the fit you just posted. just admit it and move on; i'd have a whole lot more respect for you.

seen so many cases these days of people being overly defensive of their fits with no real defense except those three aforementioned words, and i'm absolutely sick of it.

finolino

Postby windowflowers » Sat Nov 15, 2014 2:12 pm

I think a lot of it has to do with people being unable to explain their reasoning behind what they do, either from lack of proper terminology or just writing skills, which is in itself basically solved by just reading more. For the most part it seems like people think it's a valid argument they can use to cover up how little they know about a subject and to end a discussion they aren't able to participate in.

windowflowers

Postby windowflowers » Sat Nov 15, 2014 2:32 pm

I'm not defending it in any way; I think it's one of the most annoying phrases out there. I'm just trying to offer some kind of explanation to why people do it. Even if you say you're open to it, being critiqued isn't exactly pleasant for anyone. Even if they know it isn't the greatest thing out there, people get attached to what they make or how they dress, and may get slightly irrational in defending it. And to be honest, admitting your shortcomings is hard.

windowflowers

Postby yoyobeat » Sat Nov 15, 2014 8:04 pm

Individual pieces as icons are so weird. Sometimes they're ubiquitous and still cool or even cooler (stan smiths? converse chucks? timberlands) when put in good fits. Yes, I can get behind the idea of these everyman pieces.

What's weird are items iconic mostly in certain groups. Like Rick dunks or EG Bedford or maybe Wolverine 1K mile for a more popular example. It's like, do people even like these things for themselves? Or are they nudged towards liking them for social/group reasons?

--aside: it's a great feeling to use and enjoy something unique that both you and other people appreciate, but somehow you're the only one who has it (i guess, you discovered it; your taste shined through irrespective of brand)--

I am pretty sure it's not as straightforward as the status symbol of a Louis Vuitton bag or Hermes Birkin bag. Hmm, maybe it is, though, except instead of 'class' with the handbags, the currency is 'cool'. My friend was telling me after going to some gallery events the other week that she really hated some things about the art world (a lot of her friends are involved). The same social climbing etc. takes place in art, it's just disguised as being 'higher' and more complex.

yoyobeat

Postby INNIT » Sat Nov 15, 2014 8:39 pm

INNIT

Postby KLF » Sat Nov 15, 2014 11:47 pm

the garments I want/have are things which make me happy first and foremost. some things do have the whole "cool" status which doesn't bother me but it also doesn't have much effect on how I feel towards the piece itself. I can't think of a time where I've bought something with the mindset of "oh, I bet people will like this".

I just like clothes that feel good to wear and make me happy with my appearance.

KLF

Postby missrowan » Sat Nov 15, 2014 11:59 pm

so I'm minding my own business sitting in starbucks working on my god-awful problem set

the dude across the table from me looks at me and says "let me guess: parsons or FIT?"
me: "what?"
dude: "do you go to parsons or FIT?"
me: "no."
dude: "but you're in fashion right?"
me: *head to toe in uniqlo* "um, no." ( is kind of what i was wearing, for the curious.)

turns out he's the guy behind (jared) and we talked for two hours about fashion and his website and stuff. interesting dude. one of the people he worked with is now working with kanye. thank you care-tags flaxsisters for equipping me with the skills to talk to random fashion strangers.

he also tried to convince me to drop out of grad school and go into fashion. ha. ha. (guys does that mean i'm cool yet pls say yes)

missrowan

Postby hamburgerlady » Sun Nov 16, 2014 1:45 am

sticking to (mainly) one brand for a long time has made me really conscious of what i DO decide to pick-up.
of all things, i'm glad i managed to go for this all-out when i had decided to pursue delving into just one brand/designer that i've always been interested in.
i feel like my style in general's been pretty "same 'ol" for awhile now, which i'm satisfied with.
also not spending money on clothing and on other things have been really satisfying; although i'm really wanting to kop a few things before they're gone..

hamburgerlady

Postby stappard_ » Sun Nov 16, 2014 12:26 pm

Joey and Chandler wear Our Legacy FW96

stappard_

Postby Ques » Sun Nov 16, 2014 1:42 pm

my favorite thing about my fujita cardigan is getting to tell people "my eyes are up here"

Ques

Postby yubbermax » Sun Nov 16, 2014 7:28 pm

Say what you will about Richard Owens, the man knows how to make one hell of a turtleneck

yubbermax

Postby blanket » Mon Nov 17, 2014 12:43 pm

blanket

Postby alby » Mon Nov 17, 2014 8:58 pm

i need to stop buying pants

i'd walk a mile for a camel
alby

Postby Morlin » Tue Nov 18, 2014 10:34 am

y!j seller removed my 6000yen ($57) bid just because it was a foreigner and the item ended up going for 4900 ($40) instead. Logical as always

I think that it is not. Cowichan, etc., If you prefer a thick knit, how about you? It is cool there is atmosphere!
Morlin

Postby rublev » Tue Nov 18, 2014 12:18 pm

uuurghhh i'm still so confused about clothes! what do i want to wear!

sometimes i wanna get into more sleek minimal black stuff but i also wanna go for the 1980s east berlin stasi agent jizz but with nicer material and textures etc. like i bought some black trousers and a knit and i was gonna wear them out but i felt a bit ''''fish out of water'''' and ended up just wearing a fuzzy knit / old levis / bomber and felt a lot more comfy. is it just a hump you get over or is my brain telling me what direction to go in? i think maybe that's why i love what our legacy are doing 'cos it's almost luxe hobo / 'im not serious but ill still wear resin coated cargos' etc????? so.... idk. maybe there's a holy grail in between these two ideas but i'm probably over thinking it

rublev
Political Editor

Postby rublev » Tue Nov 18, 2014 3:29 pm

oh yeah, tres bien have their own stuff going on again

Image Image

Image Image

Image Image

quite like the lumber jacket shirt things. nice textured fleck'y wool, spread collar, two way zip, lined (viscose) etc

rublev
Political Editor

Postby RomanEmpire » Wed Nov 19, 2014 1:54 am

I need more mid layers. Should probably try picking up some cool knits. Or just get uniqlo sweaters lol

RomanEmpire

Postby yubbermax » Wed Nov 19, 2014 2:16 am

Finding lots of cool pants a size too small for me is disheartening but good for no cop.

yubbermax

Postby dzogchen » Wed Nov 19, 2014 8:34 am

I was at a sbtrkt concert wearing this shirt: http://d25q2rmfhu9gou.cloudfront.net/cl ... andard.jpg (okay, only top button buttoned)
a white tee
black jeans
dark blue cp's,

and according to a friend of mine, a couple stared at me and the guy said: "being a hipster must be so fucking hard"

dzogchen

PreviousNext

Return to Tags