[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 379: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
care-tags.org • View topic - Random Rhetorical Hypebeast Fashion Thoughts

Random Rhetorical Hypebeast Fashion Thoughts

Clothes

Re: ramdom fashion thoughts

Postby RycePooding » Tue Oct 08, 2013 5:13 pm

I ski a fair amount, and everyone on the mountain looks so cool, then I'm just wearing my dads dorky old gear.

RycePooding

Postby maj » Tue Oct 08, 2013 5:19 pm

impossible to look uncool in ski gear as the act itself is so cool.

looking like a skier/rambler in a socially acceptable manner for a town which only has a dry ski slope is defo a look i'm after. geos look a lot like ski boots.

Last edited by maj on Tue Oct 08, 2013 5:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
maj

Postby Satan » Tue Oct 08, 2013 5:22 pm

Satan

Postby Stingray Sam » Tue Oct 08, 2013 6:21 pm

i think i'm going to try to not post any fits anymore, they make me feel like i need to continually be buying more clothes. I want to try to be content with the clothes i have right now. Then again i feel like it's a cop out for not having the greatest fits. Oh well, being popular for dressing well on an internet forum isn't the be all end all of fashion anyways

Stingray Sam

Postby bels » Tue Oct 08, 2013 6:28 pm

It isn't the be all end all of anything at all

bels
Yung Winona

Postby rjbman » Tue Oct 08, 2013 6:45 pm

Me at 16 fucking showing current me up

"Let's be vagabonds." - Yohji Yamamoto
rjbman

Postby Stingray Sam » Tue Oct 08, 2013 9:13 pm

I got a really nice mountain hardwear jacket with a zip out liner for cheap. I'm going to a ski swap soon too and might be able to get in a day early and score good stuff. I'm looking for a cool helmet and goggles, maybessome big boards something like 98 underfoot. I love skiing and I love how cool a lot of people look. My favourite thing is just to geek out over back country/ big mountain gear. Ski culture is so cool weird. It also feels a bit pretentious at times because at the end of the day it's almost all white people with money skiing. Ski bums are the coolest though

Stingray Sam

Postby thomaspaine » Tue Oct 08, 2013 10:56 pm

Anyone have any neoprene garbs, that isn't a wetsuit? I've been seeing it pop up in collections a lot lately. It has a cool drape (or lack thereof) but I wonder how comfortable it is.

thomaspaine

Postby Stingray Sam » Wed Oct 09, 2013 2:00 pm

i feel like a neoprene noragi would be cool

Stingray Sam

Postby maj » Wed Oct 09, 2013 5:34 pm

couple of quick questions for a diy project i have in mind.

1) if i wanted to apply a print to a back of a shirt free hand, what type of paint/pen would be the best to do the job. the design would be white, the shirt is black and the material is chambray.

edit:

found a patch which fits the bill

maj

Postby bels » Wed Oct 09, 2013 6:17 pm

I've been noticing y's yohji x aspesi stuff appearing online here and there. Seems there was a collab at some point? Can't find any info on it though. Anyone shine any light?

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Ys-Yohji-Yama ... 0935592691

bels
Yung Winona

Postby sknss » Wed Oct 09, 2013 6:23 pm

maj there's plenty of cool patches on ebay

sknss
2015 Summer Camp Participant

Postby iffe » Thu Oct 10, 2013 8:06 am

skiwear!

also i'm looking for black chelsea boots for the winter. gotta have a rubber sole (we get snow) and max 150 €. bexley or something else?

iffe

Postby odradek » Thu Oct 10, 2013 5:48 pm

SO! Nicolas Ghesquiere at Louis Vuitton. Thoughts? Hooplah?

odradek

Postby hooplah » Thu Oct 10, 2013 6:00 pm

hooplah

Postby RycePooding » Thu Oct 10, 2013 6:36 pm

Can you educate? Who? What? Why the rainbow gigantic FUCK. YES.'s?

RycePooding

Postby germinal » Thu Oct 10, 2013 6:44 pm

Marc Jacobs and Nicolas Ghesquiere were the designers who elevated Louis Vuitton (boring old luggage brand) and Balenciaga (stuffy old couture house) respectively to the mega-luxury heights they occupy now. Ghesquiere was unceremoniously replaced (did he jump? was he pushed?) by hot young thing Alexander Wang last year... and until now his future was unclear. Marc Jacobs announced his stepping-down from LV last week (in order to concentrate on his own label), and Ghesquiere was the bookies' favourite to replace him, which has now been confirmed.

germinal
Garminlad

Postby hooplah » Thu Oct 10, 2013 8:45 pm

okay, balenciaga: nicolas was there for around 15 years and completely revitalized the house. he has a very daring aesthetic that changes drastically from season to season. i'd say overall, his fall collections are fucking amazing and just shit on his spring ones, but spring 2008 (i'll post the full collection after this) is my favorite collection of his, ever. fall 2006 is when i first fell in love with him at balenciaga, you'll see below.

anyway i'd say nicolas' trademarks are his plays on volume and his bordering-on-futuristic tendencies. he's not afraid of color and prints, and he's definitely not afraid of big, billowing sleeves or unconventional proportions--all while referencing classic balenciaga silhouettes. the balenciaga woman is not afraid to make a statement. chances are you've seen girls wearing knockoff versions of the shoes put out under his tenure. he created some really phenomenal stuff while at balenciaga.

the following pictures are organized chronologically, from 2006 (i'm lazy, sorry, he started at balenciaga in 1997) to his last collection in 2012. there are some editorial pics mixed in, and a few more at the end.

Last edited by hooplah on Thu Oct 10, 2013 9:07 pm, edited 2 times in total.
hooplah

Postby hooplah » Thu Oct 10, 2013 9:06 pm

Balenciaga Spring 2008
hooplah's fave 4eva

ImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImageImage

hooplah

Postby odradek » Thu Oct 10, 2013 9:59 pm

odradek

Postby Rosenrot » Fri Oct 11, 2013 10:00 am

Ghesquiere's one of my favourite designers alongside Rick, he's the reason why I loved Balenciaga so much. Now that he's gone on to LV I feel betrayed, similar to the time when Raf was appointed at Dior. Both Bal and Jil were attainable, like I can walk into the stores and find the runway pieces, not so with Dior and LV. One has to wade through all that stuffiness and even then only manage to find the watered down versions.

I have Bal's humongous platform boots from that 2006 collection. They're magnificent, but not as much as the lego heels.

Rosenrot

Postby hooplah » Fri Oct 11, 2013 2:40 pm

making calvin klein look amazing

hooplah

Postby bels » Fri Oct 11, 2013 3:36 pm

Pour camerone

Another parka I'm interested in:

http://www.universalworks.co.uk/univers ... ka-twill-1

Universal works seems like a cool brand to me. Like a less expensive english engineered garments.

Ten C parka is final boss

But £900 without a liner is utterly bananas, especially considering how everyone on the internet says it sucks.

bels
Yung Winona

Postby Syeknom » Fri Oct 11, 2013 4:39 pm

Universal Works are really great, especially for being so comparitvely cheap. That's a lovely looking parka.

Albam

No hood though, just a funnel neck. Also quite short looking, so probably not what you're after.

Syeknom

Postby Syeknom » Sat Oct 12, 2013 3:41 pm

Went to the most excellent store (Rosier 41) in Antwerp today, they have massive amount of second hand and overstock pieces from a huge array of designers but especially the belgian ones. Some really interesting stuff buried in there. Good if small collection of Raf, some really cheap Ann, a few weird/basic Margiela things, lots of Van Noten.

Guy browsing in there was wearing a brand new Dries Van Noten coat:

I was quite overwhelmed.

Walked out with a great, slightly oversized Schneider shirt from AW12 (Rugs to Riches).

Managed to visit the Dries Van Noten store for the first time this season and jesus it's even better than all of the stuff stockists have led me to believe. The full collection has some superb pieces. I tried on a great pair of shoes and the cardigan version of this:

It had no buttons but great pockets. Material is insane - shimmering metallic mohair and great tufts of fabric everywhere. Unfortunately it sheds pretty hardcore at first, my t-shirt was a state.

Going to go back for sales and pick up a bunch from this season if I can.

Also saw something for trashpile - some slippers in that quilted, dusty coloured paisley from this season but with a black ripple sole. Looked so good.

New Schneider collection is lush too, tried on those trousers I was considering before and will definitely pick them in cotton at some point. Not so pricey and the pockets are really cool (deep).

Syeknom

Postby teck » Sat Oct 12, 2013 5:54 pm

Went to the Comme Des Garcons Black Editted store today (the CDG mainline store is a few blocks away and one of my favorite places in the city). I've been to CDGBE before but now I really went to check out the line. I can tell I'm now in super hype mode for it, since Black exists in the exact spot where my various fashion trajectories intersect. black clothes. weird shapes. "durable" materials.

the fact that the Black clothes was modeled with plain ass black chucks (not even the play ones) really i think spoke to the aesthetic and approach, like it takes cues from a street/punk/art/cheap tradition.

i was floored by the price points, in that they were so low. a drop crotch wool black trouser was just above $300. Another slim pant (that had cool gussetting at the knees) with wrap around half skirt was just below $500. for the look, construction, and material i could easily see this going for 50% more. i think imma have to break my no-cop and, uh, cop. was thinking of getting a wallet but for these prices shit ill just make one out of duct tape and use the money on pieces.

anyone know if CDG Black is stocked anywhere? online?

teck

Postby Syeknom » Sat Oct 12, 2013 5:59 pm

That sounds really cool, can see you wearing CDG. Breaking a no-cop is a shameful thing though.

Syeknom

Postby maj » Sat Oct 12, 2013 6:12 pm

maj

Postby teck » Sat Oct 12, 2013 6:57 pm

absolutely right. and my perspective can change from day to day or even minute by minute. i was at tokio 7 last week and saw $200 yohji pants and thought they were too expensive but at this very second im tracking a yohji skirt on ebay for $350 and think "what a bargain!". i personally get super duper hyped not just on brands but on particular pieces and i think when i fixate i put myself in danger because a piece will be "worth" it according to my hype train.

does anyone here have crazy baller friends? one of my buds works at vans corporate and i think he makes good money plus he is very willing to sacrifice other pleasures for clothes. he'll go into rick and drop a few grand on some pieces, then turn around and buy dior shoes in the next block. none of my other fashion friends are that rich, otherwise, and none of my rich friends are into clothes.

teck

Postby can- » Sat Oct 12, 2013 8:34 pm

what's the deal with CDG black eh?

can-

PreviousNext

Return to Tags