[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 379: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 379: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
care-tags.org • View topic - Random Rhetorical Hypebeast Fashion Thoughts

Random Rhetorical Hypebeast Fashion Thoughts

Clothes

Re: ramdom fashion sportswear capes

Postby Landscape » Thu Dec 11, 2014 12:55 pm

I feel like my proportions aren't for turtlenecks. It makes me sad, because I want to look good in a turtleneck. Just a ramdom thought.

Landscape

Postby wiggly--woo » Thu Dec 11, 2014 3:46 pm

random fashion things i keep seeing all over my campus at the moment:

east asian students with tenderloin jackets
black/grey nike huaraches
reebok instapump furys
guy with topknot wearing the same adidas x palace track suit every day of the week
burberry everthing on a girl who seems to exist as a self-parody of the english middle classes

wiggly--woo

Postby eufemism » Thu Dec 11, 2014 5:44 pm

show me the hoe fax
eufemism

Postby breakadawn » Thu Dec 11, 2014 5:54 pm

I just bought an umbrella from James Smith and Sons on Oxford Street, damn is it cool to actually own a nice umbrella for once

breakadawn

Postby starfox64 » Thu Dec 11, 2014 5:55 pm

"Authorities say the phony Pope can be recognized by his high-top sneakers and incredibly foul mouth."
starfox64

Postby === » Thu Dec 11, 2014 6:03 pm

anyone painted sneakers before? i'm thinking about buying and painting my white zara cp knockoffs, since i really like the color of the raf stan smiths but not so much the price.

B)
===

Postby raags » Thu Dec 11, 2014 6:45 pm

Last edited by rjbman on Thu Dec 11, 2014 6:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: resized image
raags
Best Dressed

Postby bobo77 » Thu Dec 11, 2014 7:09 pm

All green everything. Green is such a great color. Olive, forest, whatever.

bobo77

Postby stappard_ » Fri Dec 12, 2014 11:12 am

swing and a miss

stappard_

Postby RycePooding » Fri Dec 12, 2014 11:42 am

nah dog that's tight

RycePooding

Postby rublev » Fri Dec 12, 2014 4:20 pm

on the train

:???:

rublev
Political Editor

Postby hirokinakamura » Fri Dec 12, 2014 8:56 pm

Anyone have experience with DWR treatments? I want to add some water resistance to my esemplare parka, but I'm not sure what product to use. Another thing is I definitely can't put this in the dryer (wool lining), so the treatment can't be heat activated like revivex etc... Parka outer is a dense cotton twill if that affects which product to use.

Any ideas?

The Loopwheel Lord, King of Sweatshirts, and consummate Watch Snob
hirokinakamura

Postby yoyobeat » Sat Dec 13, 2014 1:45 am

yoyobeat

Postby ramseames » Sat Dec 13, 2014 1:53 am

lmao @ that "i banged an editor from HUGE" dude

pathetic

ramseames

Postby absurdmind » Sat Dec 13, 2014 3:03 am

that was a nice convo to read but i looked up dressedundressed and clicked the first link on google and it was not the cool lad-goth clothing i was hoping for

absurdmind

Postby rublev » Sat Dec 13, 2014 11:12 am

when will ironic sportswear die or is it dead already

rublev
Political Editor

Postby bels » Sat Dec 13, 2014 5:25 pm

Ironic sportswear will die soon enough but it'll be replaced by the next middle class appropriation of working class culture.

I think people are going to start dressing as evening standard salesmen, bus drivers, tube drivers, parking wardens security guards next. Uniformcore

bels
Yung Winona

Postby vgtbls » Sat Dec 13, 2014 6:50 pm

origins

vgtbls

Postby soko » Sat Dec 13, 2014 6:58 pm

Just realized raw denim is the cast iron pan of the clothing world

soko

Postby ramseames » Sat Dec 13, 2014 8:00 pm

ramseames

Postby blanket » Sat Dec 13, 2014 9:40 pm

blanket

Postby fun_yunchables » Sat Dec 13, 2014 10:18 pm

coolest lame guy u'll ever meet
fun_yunchables

Postby bhajz » Sun Dec 14, 2014 12:22 am

yo

they also have donut and pizza ones for anyone interested.

bhajz

Postby KLF » Sun Dec 14, 2014 8:37 am

KLF

Postby oucho » Sun Dec 14, 2014 10:01 am

I worked as a labourer for a paving company for a short period of time and builders do actually look kinda cool, they're always rough and ready and quite casual and practical, it's weird but there is something kind of cool/glamourous about builders. If any of the guys I worked with heard me saying that they would definitely find that weird, they used to call me Eugene as a nickname :(

I would never wear any construction worker inspired fashion garments though, that's too ridiculous

oucho

Postby bels » Sun Dec 14, 2014 10:36 am

bels
Yung Winona

Postby wiggly--woo » Sun Dec 14, 2014 8:11 pm

went to a shop in town the other day which describes itself as a "vintage clothes store". I walked in, saw a bunch of old looking jackets, noticed a huge rail of plain white t-shirts with #SELFIE printed on them in big black letters, and then promptly walked straight out. That is not a vintage item.

also, the spanish footballer Hector Bellerin (of Arsenal) is seemingly obsessed with taking waywt pics. his latest effort (see spoiler) involves the unusual combination of loake boots with incredibly tight rick owens jeans. his raf top is cool though.

wiggly--woo

Postby schiaparelli » Sun Dec 14, 2014 10:16 pm

just realized that the #1 reason i should be cropping out my face is not quite privacy concerns
but bc it's impossible to take a fitpic without a dumb look on my face
but i feel like the shape of your hair makes a difference in how a fit reads
what to do

i'm remembering now this art kid i know from college who sewed a printed comic strip to the inside of her jacket, just under the brand tag. i'm kind of interested in this idea of her asserting control over her jacket as definitely hers and not this idea and artifact from [/i]insertbrandhere[/i] she just happened to wear, and i'm also wondering if she did some super subtle lamination or protection on it so it wouldn't tear or wear away.

one of my friends used to joke about sneaking into another friend's closet and just sewing secret pockets into everything in the dead of the night, so that the other friend would wake up and feel this surreal sense of "is this really mine? did this always have pockets? have i just not been noticing these?"

i kind of want to sew weird shit into the inside of my clothing. the same way people have lockets with a portrait of someone or a hair sample (man, people back in the day were super weird), i'd bring around these odd little scraps of paper that friends or acquaintances have written for me. i've done a lot of team/group bonding/farewell exercises where people write a bunch of tiny anonymous compliments to you, and some of the compliments people have written for me seem like a better idea of who i want to be than i can come up with myself. what's the significance of carrying around other people's words, though? and why do i feel like i need to carry things around to show that they're meaningful to me?

in general i keep a lot of stuff around that feels like it should matter to me, and the truth is it did and does, but i'm not convinced that it means enough to hold on to a thousand tiny pieces of clutter. like—things that old and departed friends have given you—why does it feel like a betrayal to not keep them around? is it because without the physical artifact you feel the memories about them are more impermanent? what kind of permanence matters more? does physical permanence maintain mental permanence?

really i think i'm just searching for something to do, because i have a 12-page paper due tomorrow and i just found a box of needles and thread in my room.

schiaparelli

Postby prawnzee » Mon Dec 15, 2014 8:07 am

some dude is busting various finnish rappers and hiphop dudes etc. for wearing fake shoes over at IG http://instagram.com/finlandfakekicks/

super serious drama including heated words and death threats :geek:

prawnzee

Postby smiles » Tue Dec 16, 2014 2:19 am

What's the point of having a Nike lab in hk if they aren't getting acg. Not even sure if they'll get t0

草地跑過的腳印
smiles

PreviousNext

Return to Tags