[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 379: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 379: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
care-tags.org • View topic - Random Rhetorical Hypebeast Fashion Thoughts

Random Rhetorical Hypebeast Fashion Thoughts

Clothes

Re: ramdom fashion sportswear crepes

Postby bels » Mon Jan 26, 2015 1:49 pm

bels
Yung Winona

Postby JewTurk » Mon Jan 26, 2015 3:18 pm

I've come to appreciated thicker soles much more. These Docs only give me another 1" in height but people are acting like I grew 5".

thank you, ct, thank you

e:

PS went to B&N and girl who helped me find a book was wearing Docs and I kept staring at her feet because they were so broken in and beautiful. Wanted to ask to take a photo tbh.

JewTurk

Postby frogosaurus » Mon Jan 26, 2015 7:56 pm

frogosaurus

Postby CMYK » Mon Jan 26, 2015 10:11 pm

If I've only really been wearing 30% of my clothes recently (a few outfit variations), does that mean I should sell some stuff, or am I just becoming boring and uninspired?

CMYK

Postby maj » Mon Jan 26, 2015 10:25 pm

I go through phases where I'll wear one outfit or a variation on a theme foe weeks on end then one day I'll wake up and go "fuck this I fancy doing something like this", usually prompted by seeing a cool film, music track, picture, book Etc. I probably haven't touched parts of my wardrobe for months but I don't really feel bothered by it as I know eventually something will relight the spark for these bits and I'll enjoy wearing them again, either in the same way I bought them for or for them to do something new. I used to feel this was a bit wasteful and "I can only wear so many things" but at the end of the day if I bought clothes to cover my body i would shop at primary, I own these things because they all mean something to me personally in their own merit and that in itself is what I like them for rather than clothes to cover me from public embarrassment. The other side of this is when I know I no longer value the item or its meaning to me, then I know it's no longer a case of waiting for it to come round again. It's at that point I sell it on to someone who does value it or feels they do. For example I know I will wear my Raeburn in the future, even if half of it sits in the wardrobe I love every but and it all has a cool story, I'll keep that. Gosha sweats, Maggy howell suits and wtaps tees they were fun but theyve had their day.

I don't think you have to wear everything you own all at once as something like this is dynamic, you have clothes for different seasons and moods and sometimes it may take a year or a few months for you to wear something again and there is nothing wrong with that. But you should try to reflect on your wardrobe and see if it's the case of you not wanting to wear wear it right now, or wear it at all, ever. This helps trim the edges.

maj

Postby can- » Mon Jan 26, 2015 10:29 pm

don't sell or donate anything unless you plain don't like how it fits you

can-

Postby birdman caw » Tue Jan 27, 2015 2:44 am

sell and donate everything especially if you like how it fits you

birdman caw

Postby mc-lunar » Tue Jan 27, 2015 3:55 pm

:O

mc-lunar

Postby yoyobeat » Tue Jan 27, 2015 6:56 pm

It's weird/interesting to see someone apparently move on from an aesthetic (acronym/tech) all at once http://www.grailed.com/users/5963-amatsu-mart/wardrobe

Of course, maybe he owns ton of stuff and is just pruning.

yoyobeat

Postby hirokinakamura » Wed Jan 28, 2015 2:11 am

So Outlier is having a sample sale this weekend. I can't go. I have work.

Fellow New Yorkers, which of you is going and who will be nice enough to hook me up with a pair of slim dungs size 30 in bluetint grey or dark indigo? Or perhaps a pair of 60/30 chinos in green or navy?

Please? Don't make me beg.

The Loopwheel Lord, King of Sweatshirts, and consummate Watch Snob
hirokinakamura

Postby kyung » Wed Jan 28, 2015 10:37 am

KIMCHI SLAP

_( :⁍ 」 )_
kyung

Postby chadnik » Wed Jan 28, 2015 11:20 pm

http://nymag.com/thecut/2015/01/timberl ... marks.html

chadnik

Postby Ques » Wed Jan 28, 2015 11:30 pm

not A. very P.C. thing to say

Ques

Postby station » Thu Jan 29, 2015 2:10 am

Came across this company recently. The idea is super cool, clothes that you can spray on. In the future, maybe you could get dressed at the end of your shower. While a cool concept, the material's texture/draping abilities seems kinda lacking right now.

station

Postby areo » Thu Jan 29, 2015 7:10 am

waitress asked me if I was Hapsical

areo

Postby IsaiahSchafer » Thu Jan 29, 2015 4:07 pm

Can't believe I've been part of "internet fashion" for years now and had never watched one of Undercover's runway shows until this week. I've really only looked at runway pictures (except in cases of rick owen's step crew and such), and all my other exposure to it has been very basic techno music. With those expectations in mind, watching "pretty hate bird" was completely jaw-dropping. In the C-T thread on it someone said that it's amazing how Jun manages to create a "complete/fully-realized world" (paraphrase/from memory) for each season, and that's completely true. The progression of the music and the outfits together just completely sucked me in. I feel like I could watch a feature-length runway movie from him.

IsaiahSchafer

Postby Vaeltaja » Thu Jan 29, 2015 4:38 pm

I wish (more) stores would post models without shirts on when trousers are the item being displayed.

Wanna redneck? I'll do him an egg. NO SYMPY!
<Reverend> IRC is just multiplayer notepad.
Vaeltaja

Postby adhi » Thu Jan 29, 2015 6:33 pm

adhi

Postby ramseames » Fri Jan 30, 2015 12:04 am

Think haven jumped the gun on some RC ss15 stuff, rc site doesn't have any new season things yet.

either way there's a new fabric for them, polartec powerdry

have used this stuff for years for skiing and its really good shit. might pick something up if we see some different cuts in it

ramseames

Postby maj » Sat Jan 31, 2015 6:15 am

The nod exchanged between two people when both are wearing stone island with adidas is a very special thing.

maj

Postby nevergreen » Sat Jan 31, 2015 7:00 am

I was looking at black nubuck timbs on eBay and came across a couple listing that didn't have the padding on them (I would link but phone isn't cooperating sorry) and they're significantly cheaper than other new pairs. I actually like them more without the padding but does anyone know if these are legit? they have the insignia on them but it seems weird that the price difference is a decent amount from these few sellers without the padding....

nevergreen

Postby JewTurk » Sat Jan 31, 2015 2:19 pm

Same fireman jacket as Bobbin's?

I wish Tucson wasn't so dry of cool thrift stuff, we're over saturated with western stuff (cowboy hats etc).

e:

I just recall bobbin getting as a gift from Katy, not sure if he posted that here, or not, I'm trying to find more pictures through ct-search but no luck.

e:
nvm, found it, bit different.

viewtopic.php?f=2&t=8&p=42799&hilit=fireman#p42799

JewTurk

Postby ramdomthought » Sat Jan 31, 2015 2:42 pm

canada

ramdomthought

Postby mike868y » Sat Jan 31, 2015 4:40 pm

bought a turtleneck but i'm not sure if my necks long enough to wear it :(

wtb: xs EG navy tropical wool andover, grey wool hartford jacket, wool glen check andover, brown cord andover, b2b in brown/navy twill plaid, sz8.5 yuteken peanut suede/crepe sole loafers, size 27/28 unis gio skinny
mike868y

Postby bels » Sat Jan 31, 2015 6:23 pm

Some sort of permanent collar stain on my third hidden placket shirt.

One left.

bels
Yung Winona

Postby meatjacket » Sun Feb 01, 2015 2:02 am

i was shopping for a suit for prom and stumbled upon a navy jersey blazer

suddenly found myself thinking all day "am i the kind of guy to wear a blazer to school/work/around"

pros
• decent airport jacket (like 5-7 pockets)
• navy
• jersey/v soft/thick
• will be able to wear to work over just about anything so no time wasted on thinking of an outfit
• good for layers

cons
• blazer @ school lmao
• i probably shouldn't get this navy blazer and match it w navy chinos to make a 'suit'

meatjacket

Postby sabisabi » Sun Feb 01, 2015 5:41 am

what is with people being "into fashion" but not actually being into fashion?

sabisabi

Postby sknss » Sun Feb 01, 2015 6:01 am

What do you mean?

sknss
2015 Summer Camp Participant

Postby bird.in.flight » Sun Feb 01, 2015 6:13 am

bird.in.flight

Postby BobbyZamora » Sun Feb 01, 2015 7:28 am

B)