[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 379: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
care-tags.org • View topic - Random Rhetorical Hypebeast Fashion Thoughts

Random Rhetorical Hypebeast Fashion Thoughts

Clothes

Re: ramdom fashion thoughts

Postby Bobbin.Threadbare » Tue Oct 15, 2013 10:40 am

Buying clothes and dressing is creative if you're putting thought into it, theres no doubt about that. The fact that you've bought and not made them doesn't create a distinction for me, because artists rarely make their own paint.

Art is about intention, and if you've interpreted something it's a piece of art. When people say things like "my 5 year old could have done that" they may be right, but their 5 year old didn't do it, a grown man/woman did, with an intention and message in mind (even if that message was an absence of intention).

Curation is a funny thing, but I do intentionally curate my wardrobe (chronologically speaking) because I'm a collector. I also collect comics, little artworks and tools. They're all creative endeavours because there's no 'right' way to do it, I'm collecting in non linear patterns.

Fashion is a really accessible creative medium for most people, and I would never say anyone on here didn't consider their creative choices.

Bobbin.Threadbare

Postby Syeknom » Tue Oct 15, 2013 2:30 pm

Syeknom

Postby can- » Wed Oct 16, 2013 11:24 pm

APC made doctor marten's this season

http://tres-bien.com/brand/apc/forest-b ... ther-black

can-

Postby Syeknom » Thu Oct 17, 2013 1:32 am

Yeah I was dead tempted by those but think they're out of my size everywhere in black.

More things need fun commando soles

Syeknom

Postby midvh » Thu Oct 17, 2013 11:16 am

I want a long, thin coat. Preferably something that goes down below my knees. Black or navy. Suggestions, anyone?

midvh

Postby bels » Thu Oct 17, 2013 11:55 am

you have a parka. What about a chesterfield?

bels
Yung Winona

Postby maj » Thu Oct 17, 2013 2:26 pm

listed the geos for sale today, end of an era. liked them but never wore them and when i did i felt like i was wearing them because i had too.

if anyone wants them can do a caretags discount if you promise to wear them better than i did.

maj

Postby schiaparelli » Thu Oct 17, 2013 2:32 pm

it's super weird to hear this given that i thought of you as GEOhax for the longest time in my mind

but good that you realized this, and it's kind of nice to slough off previous no-longer-applicable fashion choices and get them out of your wardrobe so your mind can be clear!

schiaparelli

Postby can- » Thu Oct 17, 2013 2:43 pm

who makes something like this?

don't say supreme

can-

Postby Bobbin.Threadbare » Thu Oct 17, 2013 2:56 pm

Not sure about brands, but look for Swedish Army Snow Smocks - they're ecru with pockets but they're close and beautiful. I'm certain other iterations are in tans and olives.

Bobbin.Threadbare

Postby odradek » Thu Oct 17, 2013 6:15 pm

pretty sure nonnative had something similar about a year ago. with their massive collection they'll probably bring something like it again.

odradek

Postby midvh » Thu Oct 17, 2013 6:59 pm

midvh

Postby smiles » Thu Oct 17, 2013 9:12 pm

Traded some pants with a guy - and reminded how good new raw denim smells

草地跑過的腳印
smiles

Postby RycePooding » Thu Oct 17, 2013 9:15 pm

What'd you get

RycePooding

Postby smiles » Thu Oct 17, 2013 9:22 pm

Baldwin henleys. They seem pretty comfy. Crazy inseam

http://i.imgur.com/wMwPOOB.jpg

草地跑過的腳印
smiles

Postby thomaspaine » Thu Oct 17, 2013 10:40 pm

Spotted a Black Fleece suit on Modern Family

I also noticed that Andy Samberg wears a lot of BoO on Brooklyn Nine Nine.

thomaspaine

Postby b4my » Fri Oct 18, 2013 2:08 am

3 things:

1. I haven't been posting on this or any fashion forums or even really going on websites related to fashion for a few weeks, which is weird because it's been a regular activity for the past year or so. I just woke up and was really sick of the internet's approach to fashion, the whole hype cycle, the fact that there are 3 or 4 acceptable styles of dress maximum, the fact that i was trying to conform to a standard for people i don't even see in real life.

Taking a break has been really nice and it's made me realize that a lot of the time I'm a lot more comfortable in my too-big akira shirt and doc martens then anything else. Not that I'm done with fashion or anything, it's still one of my favorite things, i really really like clothing in general. But I dunno, stuff should just be about expressing yourself imo and anyone doing that should be applauded. I dunno I'm not saying this right at all but basically I think I've reached a point where I don't give a fuck what the fashion internet thinks.

(not that this matters, I'm not really a person of note here and I've posted 2 fits on the internet in my life, so this isn't relevant at all. It remains to be seen whether this mindset will make me start or abstain altogether)

2. I've been having this internal conflict recently cause I just started college so I don't have a solid friend group that doesn't give a fuck how I dress and every day I don't know whether to go out in something cool or something innocuous. Whenever I go out in raf or something I actually just get compliments but I also get stares and for the most part I just really don't like attention. Or I like attention, but only from people I would want the attention of. I get really uncomfortable when someone I don't know that well comments on how I'm dressed even if it's positive.

3. I just wish it was a fact that the world was more adventurous regarding fashion. Gender fuckery, wearing weird custom made stuff, modifying older clothing with art or whatever...stuff I'd do myself but I don't want the attention for. I wish it was just more of a standard.

b4my

Postby starfox64 » Fri Oct 18, 2013 3:18 am

cameron that looks like something mainline arcteryx would make, but maybe not in the right fabric/style

"Authorities say the phony Pope can be recognized by his high-top sneakers and incredibly foul mouth."
starfox64

Postby charybdis » Fri Oct 18, 2013 7:21 pm

Just remembered: this is more fashion journalism related but one of Vogue's old style editors and a former editor of Marie Claire came by to speak to one of my classes. It was kind of interesting—apparently back in the day they had a team of dedicated writers just for the captions. She also said there is/was a ton of plagiarism throughout the industry.

my mother is a kenzo fish sweater
charybdis

Postby sid3000 » Fri Oct 18, 2013 11:41 pm

#fashion#thestruggle

sid3000

Postby freddy » Sun Oct 20, 2013 3:39 am

freddy

Postby soundclip989 » Sun Oct 20, 2013 10:09 am

I always feel like I'm still not old enough to properly wear yoji.

soundclip989

Postby Syeknom » Sun Oct 20, 2013 10:22 am

How old are you? I'm not sure age is a pre-requisite for yohji although there is a maturity to his main work

Syeknom

Postby schiaparelli » Sun Oct 20, 2013 11:19 am

currently destroying the resale value of my recently-acquired rag & bone skirt by self-tailoring, in an amateurish fashion

, it's about an inch too wide. all i really have to do is rip out and move a button on the inside, and punch new holes in the leather-y bits. anyone got tips for punching out the holes? otherwise, i'll just cut a little thing out with an x-acto knife, i guess

schiaparelli

Postby soundclip989 » Sun Oct 20, 2013 11:53 am

soundclip989

Postby germinal » Sun Oct 20, 2013 2:35 pm

Am i right to think moths are the culprits? Any advice? (cedar?)

cedar cat cedar cradle

germinal
Garminlad

Postby Syeknom » Sun Oct 20, 2013 3:04 pm

Syeknom

Postby sknss » Sun Oct 20, 2013 3:05 pm

call the fashion police to have the moths arrested

sknss
2015 Summer Camp Participant