[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 379: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 379: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
care-tags.org • View topic - Random Rhetorical Hypebeast Fashion Thoughts

Random Rhetorical Hypebeast Fashion Thoughts

Clothes

Re: ramdom fashion sportswear crepes

Postby Iliam » Thu Mar 26, 2015 6:23 am

from comme des garçons ss2012. quite a beautiful collection

Iliam

Postby rublev » Fri Mar 27, 2015 2:38 pm

Maryam Nassir Zadeh AW15

i'm in love!

rublev
Political Editor

Postby can- » Fri Mar 27, 2015 5:18 pm

is the trend of blaring yur name all over your clothes-- like nazir or astrid or tigran or gosha-- basically the equivalent of taking selfies?

it's common that people deride selfies, particularly as a generational thing, but the instinct to take a selfie always made a lot of sense to me growing up in a culture and generation where big marketing and the celebrity/star culture can easily rub out individuality, and moreover make it hard to feel like you even exist at times. a selfie is hard proof that you exist in a world that occasionally makes you feel like a vampire who doesn't appear in mirrors.

it's easy to look at nazir brand tape and question how he puts it down the runway each year but i guess if i could get a bunch of people to wear my name in big letters all over their body that would be pretty cool.

can-

Postby deadkitty » Fri Mar 27, 2015 7:47 pm

I like that nasir wears his own clothes. it's like a name tag or something

deadkitty

Postby ramdomthought » Sat Mar 28, 2015 1:07 pm

HOLLISTER, A&F

brands in steady decline:

wings+horns/RC
EG
Jeremy Scott
Craig Green

ramdomthought

Postby bels » Sat Mar 28, 2015 3:01 pm

bels
Yung Winona

Postby Bobbin.Threadbare » Sat Mar 28, 2015 8:49 pm

I completely underestimated the amount of men who want to wear pink trousers. I remember a few years ago it was a deeply 'lad'/'chav' colour - has it endured?

Bobbin.Threadbare

Postby BIGBEE » Sun Mar 29, 2015 5:32 pm

wish fashion was a more share-able hobby. I always regret telling people I know that I"m interested in clothing
just want to talk about clothes with people in real life :(

also want to get a joy division t shirt but don't want people to think I go on tumblr lol
c'mon I obviously got introduced to joy division because irc told me to listen to them :P

BIGBEE

Postby eyealt » Mon Mar 30, 2015 2:34 am

I wish Alexander McQueen were still alive. That was a brilliant mind right there.

eyealt

Postby JonjoShelvey » Mon Mar 30, 2015 10:28 am

Anyone know of any good shopping in Nashville???? Going there in June for vacation but I'm pretty sure the fashion shopping won't come close to what Chicago has to offer.

JonjoShelvey

Postby ramdomthought » Mon Mar 30, 2015 10:55 am

imogene + willie

peter nappi (please find this place, it's really cool)

probably more there these days but those were the two i enjoyed

ramdomthought

Postby Vaeltaja » Mon Mar 30, 2015 11:34 pm

http://bigmacshop.se/

Burglyfe

Thermals, bedding, and wallpaper already for sale.

Wanna redneck? I'll do him an egg. NO SYMPY!
<Reverend> IRC is just multiplayer notepad.
Vaeltaja

Postby yourdad » Tue Mar 31, 2015 12:29 am

sitting here flexing my butt, thighs, and calves to break in these jeans rather than going out to do something in them

yourdad

Postby CheerUpBrokeBoy » Tue Mar 31, 2015 11:03 pm

one of the leg openings on my acnes is slightly larger than the other one and it's driving me fucking crazy

CheerUpBrokeBoy

Postby aporea » Wed Apr 01, 2015 9:12 am

wanna buy from our legacy, any of you guys who've brought from there get a duties charge? how much // what percent?

also, i swear my documentary professor wears kapital and it's freaking me out

aporea

Postby CMYK » Wed Apr 01, 2015 12:25 pm

Turns out you feel like an idiot explaining to the very nice ups lady that the value of the package they lost containing "one grey tee shirt with a pocket" is appx. 35$...

CMYK

Postby UnwashedMolasses » Thu Apr 02, 2015 4:51 pm

UnwashedMolasses

Postby une_impasse » Thu Apr 02, 2015 11:21 pm

i got my dream fashion job (for the moment) but i still don't feel fulfilled and it's making me feel like an adult

so i went shopping

edit: for what it's worth, it's a retail job but its with rick, yohji, dries, etc. so i am both excited and frightened

une_impasse

Postby rublev » Fri Apr 03, 2015 3:19 pm

whistles aw15

dunno if this should go in high street thread or not but here we are...

look 3 is cool. oversized stuff looks a little awkward.

rublev
Political Editor

Postby austo » Sat Apr 04, 2015 1:45 pm

Secondhand marketplace has been very sketchy to me lately.
Had a grailed purchase like a month ago where after I paid the dude said he'd ship the next day and then cut all contact and never sent so I had to file a dispute on that

Now some dude is being really fuckin sketch and doesnt have a paypal confirmed with grailed, so he messaged me the address to pay. then after that said to not pay that and instead send payment as a gift to another address, screenshot and send it to him, and when i refused that he gives me an entirely different third address. Gonna back out now before I have to file a dispute again on something but damn even if theres a possibility he's legit why be so complicated about how to pay jesus

austo

Postby odradek » Sat Apr 04, 2015 4:02 pm

star trek cropped pant game was pretty strong. sweater game reasonably good, too.

odradek

Postby CleanThug » Sat Apr 04, 2015 6:19 pm

My UC sneaks have been in the post for over a month now :(

I keep contacting rinkan but they're stuck in the jap post or something...

CleanThug

Postby Eddie » Sun Apr 05, 2015 7:35 am

I would say that it extends beyond online fashion. Rick has established a 'uniform silhouette' in the fashion community that involves standardizing one particular look and shape.
Outside of the ubiquitous long tee/pods/trainers, leather/memphis/boots, you don't get a lot of people wearing much else. Stuff is just too 'crazy.' Of course, there are always people who are willing, in concept, to take the chance but how many dreamy artiste teenagers on the internet can afford $4000 coats? Not to mention there are very few stores that even buy the bolder rick pieces when what sells is geobaskets, denim, basics, leathers, and pods. LN-CC is already pretty out there in terms of their buy and they stock very few of the more challenging pieces. This buying pattern trickles down to the secondhand market (which heavily influences 'internet fashion') too, where those more interesting pieces are even less likely to appear for sale.

I would challenge the verity of your '2006' statement though. Just take a look at the collections on his site, they're really nothing like how people style rick nowadays. Dustulator, citroen, moog, etc. all featured silhouettes and pieces pretty removed from the 'contemporary rick owens' on both the runway and on the internet. Less layer-heavy, lots of larger outerwear, less developed bottom block silhouettes, etc. ( he had geobaskets on the runway in 2006, yes. Style was still very different from the ubiquitous outfits seen today. Maybe 'Strutter' gave way to that, or maybe how rick dresses himself. It is what it is, doesn't seem like it's gonna change)

Anyways, here's some less commonly seen rick stuff that is great.
Gleam w/ the python sidezip creepers and metallic fabric. My favorite season, probably.
cool mac from Naska (?)
These coats from Plinth are perfect. Too bad they retailed for $5000, were rare as shit, and even on gilt cost more than 2 grand. Those wool memphis trousers also never show up for sale.

Eddie

Postby saveed_samir » Sun Apr 05, 2015 11:07 am

but why arent people on an online community perusing designers the way I WANT THEM TO??????
i meant to quote the 1st post

saveed_samir

Postby BobbyZamora » Sun Apr 05, 2015 5:34 pm

there isn't really anything wrong with the geodes and pods look. it's "tired" or "repetitive" I suppose, but Rick himself would not see that as a negative, and at this point it's a downright iconic look, which appeals to people. it's also a lot easier to gain access to that look than other rick stuff, especially when you factor in the power of the secondhand market and resale value.

that said I get where the frustration comes from in not seeing people wear more of X, or not wearing it in a certain way that you think is underrated. Some of my favorite brands, I almost never see people even wearing them, let alone wearing them in the way that I think does them the most justice or is the most interesting. (Kapital, for example, people usually just wear the century denim, or wear it in a workwear sort of way, I don't think I've ever even seen a WAYWT fit where people are picking up on the hippie/rocker aspects and really going all the way with them)

Last edited by BobbyZamora on Sun Apr 05, 2015 5:38 pm, edited 2 times in total.
B)
BobbyZamora

Postby bels » Sun Apr 05, 2015 5:36 pm

I seem to have a strong preference for brands that begin with the letter M.

Maharishi, Muji, Miu Miu, Margaret Howell

bels
Yung Winona

Postby nick » Mon Apr 06, 2015 10:27 am

I agree with wanting to see more variety but it's really cool to see a style persist as well. People are so obsessed with declaring everything OVER (usually before it even has the chance to start) that it's kind of a breath of fresh air to see people doing the same thing for years on end, if that makes any sense.

nick
Eminent Eminem

Postby alby » Mon Apr 06, 2015 11:04 am

For my English class, I've been tasked to argue a stance on something that we feel strongly about. Amongst many interests, I picked fashion. Anyway, after reading a few articles/parts of books, I've come up with the point I think I want to argue, but it feel weak to me as there are so many different perspectives on it.

I want to argue that people participate in fashion to differentiate themselves. I think I find this difficult because this is not obviously true for everyone. I think some people participate in fashion to identify with a group, and some participate in fashion to portray a certain lifestlye. What do you do? Do you think you consciously participate in fashion for any reason? I think it's easy to say I want to dress this way because I want to look good, but does it go deeper than that? Can it go deeper than that?

I could be over thinking this whole thing.

i'd walk a mile for a camel
alby

Postby wogbog » Mon Apr 06, 2015 12:33 pm

You could say that identifying with groups and portraying a certain lifestyle are ways people differentiate themselves?

wogbog

Postby areo » Mon Apr 06, 2015 1:03 pm

areo

PreviousNext

Return to Tags